Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
201 user(s) are online (170 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Coil over
The term coil over means having a coil spring coaxial with the shock absorber. In terms of a Corvette, it replaces the leaf spring.

[IMG]http:/...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Friday Chat 10.09.09
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Wow, Friday already, huh? It's gonna be cold and rainy here today. Quite the combination. High of 53*. WTF. Rain is supposed to clear up this weekend, so that's a start. I planned on doing some work on the 79, but I've ordered more parts so depending on when they arrive is when I'll get a chance to do things. I'm not gonna replace the radiator hose and thermostat before I get the CTS, etc.

So what does everyone else have planned for the weekend? Tomorrow night there is a little family party at the in-laws house for our aunt/uncle's 30th anniversary. Should be a nice time. Might try to take the baby to the zoo on Sunday or Monday. We'll see.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2009/10/9 11:27

pianoguy Re: Friday Chat 10.09.09
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Cold? I laugh in your general direction! It was a balmy 33 this morning, glad to have a good heater in the Vette. Tomorrow's high is 38 with snow showers. I think the party is over, planning to put the car away next weekend.

Tonight I'll be rooting for the Twins to steal one from the Yankees. It's gonna be tough - we're quite overmatched, on paper, anyway. But like they say, they don't play on paper.

Have a great Friday, everyone!
Posted on: 2009/10/9 12:10

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Epimax Re: Friday Chat 10.09.09
Elite Guru
Wilmington, NC
1814 Posts

Good Morning!

It's still raining here...Good Grief! We've had what, 5 inches or so in the past 2 days?! It's around 49 now, and will be in the low 30's tonite....
Guess I'm going to be going shopping for some more long sleeve shirts, etc!

Have a great day!
Posted on: 2009/10/9 12:28

Touringmike Re: Friday Chat 10.09.09
Senior Guru
Sussex,Wi
569 Posts

Snow in the forecast tomorrow and Sunday,

Got a second job interview this afternoon - with the Company owner. I hope it goes well. This is getting to be a fairly long, drawn out process (started back on the 2nd of Sept).

Stopped driving the Vette for the season, the wife's '79 Honduh will be heading for storage in a week or two.
Time for the Hibernation.
Posted on: 2009/10/9 12:33

DreamRide Re: Friday Chat 10.09.09
Senior Guru
Springfield, TN
226 Posts

Mornin ya'll. Supposed to have thunder storms today and clear out for the weekend. My nephew came up from AL yesterday and he's been setting in a tree since 5:30am waiting for a deer to come by. He's bow hunting.
Gonna try to get some fishing in in the morning on the Harpeth. Then tomorrow night I have a big ol' country wedding BBQ to go to in a friends barn. You aint seen nothing till you see a bunch of do a blow out. Ought to be about 200 or so there. Hoot Hoot!

Whatever everyone does, have fun and be careful.

Oh yeah, I'm unveiling the new paint and interior on the 79' tomorrow night too.
Posted on: 2009/10/9 12:37

BillH Re: Friday Chat 10.09.09
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

pianoguy wrote:
Cold? I laugh in your general direction! It was a balmy 33 this morning, !

Same here, 35 but it's always cool in the a.m. when you live at altitude. But, this at altitude we're closer to the sun so, yesterday was 73, today 75.

With the way I insulated my house last year, it's 73 inside at 10p.m., 36 outside in the a.m. but inside only drops to 69. Last year, I made it to Thanksgiving before turning on the heat.

The weather's calling for rain next week, it will be the 3rd rainy day since May.
Posted on: 2009/10/9 13:51

jdtireman Re: Friday Chat 10.09.09
Senior Guru
Winnipeg
176 Posts

This weekend is the final cruize for some Canadian die hards. There are about 18 cars (vettes and mustangs) driving from Winnipeg to Brainern, MN for our Thanks Giving long weekend. Supposed to be snow and rain at home. Hey Pianoguy, see what you can do about the weather down there for a couple days, OK? Help a brother out...
Posted on: 2009/10/9 13:55

biggrizzly Re: Friday Chat 10.09.09
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

Weather is nice here, supposed to hit maybe 80 today in DC. We are leaving for Ocean City today, I'm riding my bicycle again in another 100 miler on Saturday on the lower eastern shore of Maryland and Assateague. It should be a nice ride if there is no rain. It has historically rained for this ride, so I am keeping my fingers crossed.

My car is all done - I can't wait to pick it up and flash the PCM and get it on the road. Several months ago I had a situation when I was driving the Vette, I had a ton of smoke come out of the steering column area and then just dissipate. I could never find the problem, but my horn wouldn't work any longer. Anyhow, to make a long story short. The guy that works on my car found the 12 volt hot wire that runs through the column had shorted. I'm not sure if I got this straight but he said the column was not grounded any more and surprised I didn't have more issues. Also, he said that often that can lead to serious fire damage. I'm glad none of that happened and its fixed now.
Posted on: 2009/10/9 14:22

Sweet90 Re: Friday Chat 10.09.09
Elite Guru
Edmonton, Alberta
1143 Posts

We got (dare I say it)a skiff of snow yesterday. Hopefully it warms up next week. The real funny thing is the trees haven't turned colour yet, strange indeed.
Happy Thanksgiving JD. We've got about 20 people coming for dinner on Sunday, but cruising sounds like a wonderful idea.

Have a good one Gurus

Jim
Posted on: 2009/10/9 14:23

joeld Re: Friday Chat 10.09.09
Guru
Lawrenceville Ga
718 Posts

Good morning!
Looks like a rainy Sat. for me too. Was planning on going to a Chevy/Vette show at a local dealership, not sure now if the weather will permit.
Got to get working on a bathroom ceiling that has a small amount of water damage, still haven't found where the water came in there.

Have a good day
Joel
Posted on: 2009/10/9 14:42

teebee Re: Friday Chat 10.09.09
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12368 Posts

We actually had a freeze this morning, low of 32* when I got up. TGIF. Kids are crazy today, must be the weather. Our Cross Country meet that we host was canceled for tomorrow. Good it's supposed to be cold wet (possible snow) and windy. I don't regret not having to stand around in that.

I bought a used Corsa Exhaust system for the 01, it got here yesterday...got to plan some time to put it on.
Posted on: 2009/10/9 14:55

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

TommyT-Bone Re: Friday Chat 10.09.09
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Started with a drizzle. Grey skies now but temps are moderate. Supposed to go to Greenvelle tonight for part of a 3 day Autumn Fest. Music, food, beverages and other entertainment. I wonder if they have an Autumn wet T-Shirt contest. ........ Nah, no such luck.
Posted on: 2009/10/9 15:03

Matatk Re: Friday Chat 10.09.09
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
I wonder if they have an Autumn wet T-Shirt contest. ........ Nah, no such luck.

Why, Tommy, you plan on entering

Matthew
Posted on: 2009/10/10 2:23

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.