Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
218 user(s) are online (157 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Windows in the C4
Both should move up and down, quietly and reasonably fast.

If a window does not work, this most likely means a bad motor, but check the fuse pane...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

corvetteronw Who else wants 15 min of fame?
Senior Guru
Lowell, MI
646 Posts

I have had 4 different articles accepted for publication in Corvette Enthusiast magazine. The first was to be published in the Feb 2010 issue but got pushed back to March instead.
If you have an exceptional C4 and you would like to be featured then let me know.
The rules: 1. Must be a day trip for me from Lowell, Michigan (49331) i.e. I have to be able to get there while it is still light enough for photos. I need to be able to drive there and back in a total of 9 to 10 hours.
2. I am not paid that much and there is no guarantee that anything I write will actually be published. But, if you want to pay my airfare and put me up for the night I will go most anywhere in CONUS.
3. The editor says that they cannot do a full article unless the car is photographed somewhere scenic. 1.e. no photoshoots in motel parking lots or at a car show. With winter approaching these may be hard to find in my area. Otherwise the story only makes it in the "I'm a Corvette Entusiast" sections.
4. Keep me in mind if you are going to Bloomington Gold, Corvettes at Carlisle or Mid America Funfest. I usually attend those events and we can always drive somewhere to find a photogenic spot.
I will be in Vegas the week after Christmas so if any of you are in the area I could bring the camera along.
Posted on: 2009/11/24 4:31

bogus Re: Who else wants 15 min of fame?
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

I remember leaving Carlisle back in 2002... there was a Vette being photographed in a field no more than 100' from the road.

I saw the car in a mag 5 months later!
Posted on: 2009/11/24 6:07

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Matatk Re: Who else wants 15 min of fame?
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22807 Posts

Too bad my vette isn't pristine! We can still grab an adult beverage if you're in town.

Matthew
Posted on: 2009/11/24 12:32

SpectatorRacing Re: Who else wants 15 min of fame?
Elite Guru
1721 Posts

How about two matching C4 race cars that look like my Avatar?

Too bad I didn't see this sooner, we race at Grattan many times a year and drive right through Lowell to get there.
Posted on: 2009/11/24 14:22

corvetteronw Re: Who else wants 15 min of fame?
Senior Guru
Lowell, MI
646 Posts

Sounds interesting. E-mail me some pics and more info corvetteronw@hotmail.com
Posted on: 2009/11/24 15:44

1Fast04Vert Re: Who else wants 15 min of fame?
Elite Guru
The hills of N. Georgia
2424 Posts

Mine was just in Corvette Enthusiast. But it was such a short article I got maybe 3 1/2 minutes of fame.
Posted on: 2009/11/24 18:57

Jeffvette Re: Who else wants 15 min of fame?
Elite Guru
Not on CF
1297 Posts

Quote:

SpectatorRacing wrote:
How about two matching C4 race cars that look like my Avatar?

Too bad I didn't see this sooner, we race at Grattan many times a year and drive right through Lowell to get there.

I think an article covering C4 race cars would be great. A lot of people don't realize that these cars are still very competitive, the passion that the owners have, and the home grown designs and fab work that goes into these cars.
Posted on: 2009/11/24 20:03

Senior Guru
Lowell, MI
646 Posts

I agree!
Posted on: 2009/11/25 1:53

CentralCoaster Re: Who else wants 15 min of fame?
Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

I was thinking the same. I'd rather see featured a faded, rock chipped C4 modded for racing, with some battle scars on it than some stock armor-all queen.

But then again I'm not a subscriber. Maybe that's why.
Posted on: 2009/11/25 2:50

Matt26R Re: Who else wants 15 min of fame?
Guru
Powell, Ohio
76 Posts

If you want a Red one to add to the mix I can bring it up to Michigan (or wherever you guys decide). We're over due for a night on the town harassing waitresses anyway.....

Jon's Fosters Shark needs replaced.
Posted on: 2009/11/25 4:56

Senior Guru
Lowell, MI
646 Posts

Quote:

Matt26R wrote:
If you want a Red one to add to the mix I can bring it up to Michigan (or wherever you guys decide). We're over due for a night on the town harassing waitresses anyway.....

PM sent
Posted on: 2009/11/25 18:24

BrianCunningham Re: Who else wants 15 min of fame?
Senior Guru
Boston, MA for the most part :)
7763 Posts

Don't suppose you could make it around the Dream Cruise.

That in itself would be worth the trip.
Posted on: 2009/11/25 19:14

Senior Guru
Lowell, MI
646 Posts

Yes, yours would be an excellent candidate for a magazine article!
When and where is it in 2010? I have never been.
Posted on: 2009/11/27 4:57

Senior Guru
Lowell, MI
646 Posts

Bonehead me! Woodward dream cruise. Now I remember.
I actually used to cruise Woodward in my 58 Chevy vert back in the day. I had a 283 bored out to 301 with tri power, 3 speed Hurst on the floor and 4:11 gears. It wasn't fast but it looked so cool. I stripped off all the chrome, filled the holes, painted it dark metallic blue. It had a white top and was a great babe hauler!
We would see experimental cars from GM, Ford and Chrysler cruising Ted's drive in. Guys would take little old lady stripped down cars and stuff 427s in them and drag race from light to light. There would even be pure race cars not even licensed for the street that would lurk in the back of corner gas stations and pull out for a quick sneaky late night run!
My college room mate was from Southfield and ran with a bad bunch. One of them stole a new 2 door post 413 Dodge and went to a junkyard and bought another Dodge of the same year for pennies on the dollar and changed the vehicle ID plate from the wrecked car to the stolen car. He repainted the stolen car and had it titled as a rebuild. It would haul some ass! I was a bit uncomfortable with that but did not go to the police with the info as he was a bad mo-fo greaser!
Posted on: 2009/11/27 5:22

Elite Guru
1721 Posts

Quote:

Matt26R wrote:

Sorry I missed you for the OSU game, Matt! I didn't get the message until Monday when Ken called.

We can put the red C4 between the two black ones...since Matt's an honorary member or Spectator Racing anyway.

Plus he always has coolers full of beer at the track. The best way to make friends!

You know if we wanted to do something before the weather's nice, we could do a shoot at my buddy's shop. It's a brand new building so it's very clean inside, has room for all the cars, and it's heated...
Posted on: 2009/11/27 15:42

Guru
Powell, Ohio
76 Posts

Quote:

corvetteronw wrote:
Quote:

Matt26R wrote:

PM sent

email sent.

Jon,

Maybe Grattan would let us come out for a little photo shoot / drifting demo.
Posted on: 2009/11/27 23:49

Elite Guru
1721 Posts

We'd have better luck at Gingerman. Spectator Racing has it reserved on May 15 already. I doubt we'd be allowed on any of the tracks this late in the season.

Ron, I haven't seen my email in a few days (I'm out of town in Houston) but I'll check when I get home tomorrow.
Posted on: 2009/11/28 2:53

Senior Guru
Lowell, MI
646 Posts

Gingerman, May 15 would be great. Did you see the article in Corvette Enthusiast on the 2 black Z06s? One was named Batman and the other Superman. I know these Chicago guys from Cruisein. It showcased both cars in one article.
We could do the same thing with the 2 blacks and the 1 red.
Let's try for that as the weather is crappy here in Michigan from Dec to late March.
Posted on: 2009/11/28 4:21

Guru
Powell, Ohio
76 Posts

Sounds good Ron. Plenty of time for some winter "go fast" projects...
Posted on: 2009/11/29 14:27

BrianCunningham Re: Who else wants 15 min of fame?
Senior Guru
Boston, MA for the most part :)
7763 Posts

Well here's one for you, the former president of my club, Ken Smith (L98Terror) moved out there. He runs a C5 in NASA now, but he still has his old car(c4).

Several club members have made trips out for track events.
Posted on: 2009/11/29 18:10

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.