Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
302 user(s) are online (245 user(s) are browsing Forums)

teebee, more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Seats
Both could be power, neither could be.

However, if they are, they should move fore/aft and up down with little more than an electric motor whine....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Thursday Chat 01.07.10
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

So the first week of 2010 will be coming to a close. How is everyone doing so far? No real changes for me. Just business as usual. I suspect it's the same for most. A lot of folks make a big deal out of it, but I haven't really seen anything different than day to day life.

We got a couple of inches of snow last night. It's currently let up, but the radar map is one giant blob over all of Chicagoland. Supposed to get 5-8 more inches today. We'll see what happens. The worst part is the idiots around here who've grown up with the stuff their whole life but when it comes to driving they act like they've never seen it! I don't like snow

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2010/1/7 12:30

TommyT-Bone Re: Thursday Chat 01.07.10
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Quote:

Matatk wrote:
Man you guys have some lame responses. I guess no one here cares about doing better for themselves in the new year.

And then reality set in ........

Last night was a repeat of the night before. We get a two day reprieve then back to a freeze watch. The cold weather I can handle. It's the potential impact on our finances that can get me roused. I have a whole bunch of stuff that needs attention but we overspent a little on our recent cruise. Once I get that square I can start back up on fixin this and fixin that. Fortunately it is nothing urgent, just stuff that needs to be addressed. Going out to the nursery today to fix a few things out there. The wife has a booth at a festival this weekend so I have to break out the duct tape and bailing wire and fix a part of the frame of her tent. Maybe WD the parts that are supposed to move.
Posted on: 2010/1/7 13:12
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

pianoguy Re: Thursday Chat 01.07.10
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Don't sweat it, Tommy - when you get to the end of the line, I'm going to bet that you won't be thinking, "Gee, I wish I would've fixed more things and not spent so much on that cruise." ;-)

We are getting some more snow here, too - the damned snowbanks are already hard to see over at intersections. Had a delightful commute this morning - the tone was set by the presence of an upside-down minivan in the median as soon as I got on the freeway.

Have a good day, everyone!
Posted on: 2010/1/7 13:40

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Epimax Re: Thursday Chat 01.07.10
Elite Guru
Wilmington, NC
1814 Posts

Howdy!

Got around 5" of snow last night, they're saying...
Commute in wasn't too bad, but I do leave early in the am...
Supposed to snow some more today, and get really cold...

Yuck....Where is spring?!!!

Y'all have a good day!
Posted on: 2010/1/7 13:42

1Fast04Vert Re: Thursday Chat 01.07.10
Elite Guru
The hills of N. Georgia
2424 Posts

Weather dudes are prdicting maybe 2" of snow here. Some schools decided yesterday to close for today, most of them are having 1/2 days. Snow and Georgia just do not mix. The county snow plow is a pickup with two guys with shovels in the back.
Posted on: 2010/1/7 13:59

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:
On January 19, 1977, Miami received its first and only recorded snowfall. It only consisted of extremely light flurries, but this Blizzard of 1977 is the only snowfall our fair city has ever seen.

Rare snowfall ....
Posted on: 2010/1/7 14:09

vetteblondie Re: Thursday Chat 01.07.10
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4655 Posts

My last week was eventful to say the least. The BF that I got rid of has already moved in with his new woman he's been cheating on me for the last two or three months with. He's been back here some, but then I found out what I thought was us working on things, he's been with her too. So.... I told her husband who lives the next street over. She's been lying to him, while living with him and seeing my BF. My BF had no idea. He told her he lived somewhere else not with me - BS, anyway, all hell broke loose all over, her husband kicked her out (they were reconciling he thought). What a damn mess. I have decided to never ever get involved in a relationship again. EVER.
I also went and purchased some home office furniture and chair so I can work at home on the projects that I have without having to sit at the end of the dining table or the sofa. Got all that sorted out, put together and going.
And, one of you sent some snow down here that I really wish you'd come get back. I need to go do things and can't get out. It's supposed to be zero the next few nights here.
Posted on: 2010/1/7 18:12

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

teebee Re: Thursday Chat 01.07.10
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12371 Posts

Colder than cold today. Not complaining though, as some of you are in much worse shape than us.

It's been an eventful week for me. lots of work to do and stuff I've gotten done. Have a B-ball game of my grandson, to go to this evening. Tomorrow I'm headed for KC to get the daughters car and haul it back to get it fixed and need to be back Saturday evening to work a B-ball game here. So 900 miles in less than 24 hours....and work on her house while I'm there.
Posted on: 2010/1/7 20:37

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Hey tee. Not right now but a little later this year as you get closer to retirement, I'd like to demonstrate some uses of a common word found in the Websters dictionary. That word is .....

NO!.....

I know you don't use it very often but it takes practice, practice, practice.
Posted on: 2010/1/7 20:49

pianoguy Re: Thursday Chat 01.07.10
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Quote:

vetteblondie wrote:
My last week was eventful to say the least. The BF that I got rid of has already moved in with his new woman he's been cheating on me for the last two or three months with. He's been back here some, but then I found out what I thought was us working on things, he's been with her too. So.... I told her husband who lives the next street over. She's been lying to him, while living with him and seeing my BF. My BF had no idea. He told her he lived somewhere else not with me - BS, anyway, all hell broke loose all over, her husband kicked her out (they were reconciling he thought). What a damn mess. I have decided to never ever get involved in a relationship again. EVER.
I also went and purchased some home office furniture and chair so I can work at home on the projects that I have without having to sit at the end of the dining table or the sofa. Got all that sorted out, put together and going.
And, one of you sent some snow down here that I really wish you'd come get back. I need to go do things and can't get out. It's supposed to be zero the next few nights here.

Good lawd, that has the makings for a soap opera script or a country song ;-)

Sounds like you got rid of him just in the nick of time.
Posted on: 2010/1/8 0:55

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

vetteblondie Re: Thursday Chat 01.07.10
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4655 Posts

Yep, the perfect stuff that Jerry Springer episodes are made of. I have some years in this and have reflected and saw that there is a lot of emotional and mental abuse and such, and the bad definitely outweighed the good by a long shot. I do plan to seek counseling as I already had several losses, trials and tribulations this year nevermind having this foul vile mess happen to me at the holidays along with all else there is going on, and him have the nerve to be in my home and blame me, as he was looking for excuses to cover his shit. He was even lying the last day it all broke loose. How nuts is that?
I did thannk her for ridding me of a problem I needed rid of a long time ago, and his mother even told me he was a con artist and I didn't need it. If you all knew the stories you'd have fried hair by now. Some very vile and brazen stuff, use and abuse and all that.
I have been nice and kind to the last man. I am done.
Posted on: 2010/1/8 5:00

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.