Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
135 user(s) are online (103 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Rear Hatch Release
There are releases on the trailing edges of each door and one under the center console.

The center console button will only work if the car is in...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

cuisinartvette People are f!@$@ idiots
Elite Guru
1782 Posts

About had it looking for roomates, last one showed up with a commercial size moving van and tried to empty the ENTIRE place while I was at work the other night.

SO I ran an ad.....usual bs.

Im ready to pack it in and live in a box....Someone kidded me a year ago about trading the ZR1 for a large motorhome, Looking back it wasnt a bad idea.

https://post.craigslist.org/manage/1571455832/36jbu
Posted on: 2010/1/29 19:36
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

TommyT-Bone Re: People are f!@$@ idiots
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33777 Posts

Or one of these

Attach file:

jpg  Deluxe Dog House.jpg (29.31 KB)
852_4b6339b80dcc7.jpg 500X375 px
Posted on: 2010/1/29 19:40

CentralCoaster Re: People are f!@$@ idiots
Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

Lol, you might want to remove the "safe" part from your ad then.

I was finally able to find a reliable tenant, and he's actually a cool guy also. I had to drop my prices because so many more people are renting out their shit because it won't sell.
Posted on: 2010/1/29 19:41

BrianCunningham Re: People are f!@$@ idiots
Senior Guru
Boston, MA for the most part :)
7763 Posts

d@mn

yeah, on the news more people abandoning their homes because they own more than they're worth.
Posted on: 2010/1/29 19:44

Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

BTW, I know you're frustrated, but you can't let it show in the ad. That will deter good renters too because it makes you look like a hardass. I wouldn't respond to it. It makes it look like you are the common denominator in having bad roommate experiences.

A little humor helps. Just screen the wackos and annoying types over the phone. Honestly though, no matter how nice a person is, it's pointless if they don't have good references and pay rent. I pretty much take the most normal person that I think will pay, sometimes they're quite abnormal.

Also, generally people that smoke weed aren't too responsible with payment, but I can say I've had plenty of renters who smoked and it was never an issue as long as they kept it in their room. Especially if their room is across the hall from you and upstairs. Weed smoke doesn't saturate everything like cigarettes.

Here was an ad I posted that I had 10x more responses to than my serious ad. Most d to be cool people who were amused and responded because they thought I was easy going. I had a few of them that still wanted to move their family in or use the room to grow a marijuana patch, but those are easy to screen out.

Quote:
$550 Room for rent August 1st, everything negotiable, no b.s., try me! (San Diego, Mira Mesa)

Date: 2009-07-31, 11:45AM PDT
Reply to: hous-kp2et-1298990216@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Hey, I've got a room opening august 1st. House is 3 bedroom, 1 bath, yes 1 bath (so don't get here and then complain it's only 1 bath).
You'd be sharing the place with me and another roommate, I'm 28 and the other guy is 30 or something. Both of us are clean and work or are otherwise not around much, so the place is pretty quiet. The neighborhood is decent and on a culdesac, so you don't get any lowlifes milling around here.

I'm flexible on rent/lease, all I ask is that you give me 30 days notice before you move out. If $550 doesn't work for you, let me know your price. There's a deposit too because I don't like getting scammed, its rent +$100, but is also negotiable.

We don't discriminate round here, so email me with anything I need to know, including your baggage and excuses. I prefer a renter who is extremely wealthy, gives me free food and beer, adds a tip to the rent, and lets me drive their Ferrari on weekends, but I'll also consider people that actually exist. I honestly don't care if you're a gay 420 dealer with tourette's syndrome that just escaped from jail and eats worms for breakfast. I'm mostly just interested that you can pay the rent reliably. You don't even have to be friendly or chill, just don't annoy me or kill me in my sleep!

I do have a few rules though, I'm not renting to anyone who has a travelling petting zoo (yes I know they're all house trained and never make noise, and all prisoners are innocent.) Don't waste my time or yours if you're looking to rent a 10x13' room to a family of 6 who wants to wash dishes in exchange for rent. I can wash my own dishes. If you can't afford it, you can camp out in the backyard with my roommate's dog for $10 a night.
Posted on: 2010/1/29 19:46

cuisinartvette Re: People are f!@$@ idiots
Elite Guru
1782 Posts

LOL...I have a "regular" ad posted there also, I just sent that one to the dogs out of frustration emailing and talking to people this morning when I could have been getting some sleep before work this evening.

I dont own, just rent it. Heres what will happen. The owner thinks its gold plated and he can get more if I move. thing is he couldnt get within 400 of what hes getting now. Ill move and the douch will call back in 60 days guaranteed cause I know he aint going to find anyone to pay this much (almost 1800)

Anyway Ill probably end up giving notice soon. It gets old...all Im looking for is someone with a real job that sleeps at night and can pay the bill..

Fwiw I have never smoked in my place...to have someone smoking weed here could cost me my job should anything ever crack off to this address. They are pretty strict. I dont really care if someone does, most do-just cant do it here.
Posted on: 2010/1/29 19:56

Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

That's true, I forgot you're sandwiched in that townhouse complex. A neighbor could always call your place in.
Posted on: 2010/1/29 19:58

Elite Guru
1782 Posts

Yeah its hard getting those 'masseuses in and out of here unnoticed. A mans gotta eat though
Posted on: 2010/1/29 20:06

Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

Youre paying way too fucking much for that place to be there on your own. But you already know the solution to that...
Posted on: 2010/1/29 20:18

Matatk Re: People are f!@$@ idiots
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22807 Posts

Ron, I solved your problem. Move in with Kevin.

Matthew
Posted on: 2010/1/29 22:32

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33777 Posts

The only problem I have with someone else living in my house is that they're living in my house. Outside of that they can do whatever they wish.
Posted on: 2010/1/29 22:44

Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:
Ron, I solved your problem. Move in with Kevin.

Matthew

Lol, he ain't dragging all that car shit into my backyard!
Posted on: 2010/1/29 23:04

Elite Guru
1782 Posts

I cant stay here on my own, no choice but to move. Been looking, slim pickins out there for what I can afford. What screws me is the other car and all the garage stuff...Ive had it for over 15 yrs though and it isnt going to anyone else any time soon.
Posted on: 2010/1/30 16:29

bogus Re: People are f!@$@ idiots
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Dude... you have the WORST karma. Period.
Posted on: 2010/1/30 17:51

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

pr0zac Re: People are f!@$@ idiots
Elite Guru
Pittsburgh
1045 Posts

and they say things happen for a reason. well i say fuck that. its like no matter what you do once you get knocked down you can't ever get back up..
Posted on: 2010/1/30 18:02

Elite Guru
1782 Posts

Andy its more like Prozac described it.

It isnt Karma its just people in general these days. They are shit, expect everything for nothing.

its not even a generation thing, society has become one with a sense of entitlement no matter what the age. F that I work my ass off for mine, Im not giving it to anyone else espectially some loser bitch in her 50s. Kinda reminds me of someone I almost married once. Selfish and thoughless as hell with no conscience or sense of shame/guilt. Im really starting to hate them, no bueno. The only honest ones Ive met charge by the hour. LOL

BTW Im taking the car back in April when theres one payment left on it...unannounced. It will be silently Ebayed

Thats how Karma happens.

PS...may have found a house to share with a garage for myself...well see.
Posted on: 2010/1/30 18:58

bogus Re: People are f!@$@ idiots
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

I am not disagreeing... the world is full of real tools these days.

And I suspect your area may breed more than its fair share.

hm... taking the car with one payment left? that could get you into trouble. Is her name on the title? If so, trouble. If not, eh... I still think you are flirting with disaster with that trick.

Good luck on the house!!! I hope it works out!

PS: great to see you back!
Posted on: 2010/1/31 2:24

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33777 Posts

Quote:

pr0zac wrote:
and they say things happen for a reason. well i say fuck that. its like no matter what you do once you get knocked down you can't ever get back up..

Just so you know, I've disproved that more than once. Sometimes it just takes time and effort. Keep moving forward. If your ever going to win you have to be in the game. Sometime you win, sometime you lose. If your losing everytime it's time for some changes. I used to tell the bums on the street they were better off than me. They were just broke. I was over a 100K in debt.
Posted on: 2010/1/31 4:19

Matt26R Re: People are f!@$@ idiots
Guru
Powell, Ohio
76 Posts

I received some great advice many years ago. One of my air head, happy go lucky girl friends told me that there's a good side to the bad stuff that I was going through.

"There's only one way to go." When you've been knocked down as low as you can go, it's all UP from there.

That was the greatest advice I've ever heard.

Good luck with the new place/roommate Cuisinartvette and thanks for your input on the CF and here over the years.

Oh yeah, I agree with Andy that the car idea could turn out ugly. That Karma thing could be starting when you take the car away and then come back on you......
Posted on: 2010/1/31 4:48

Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

What's karma?

If you ever have the choice to avoid depending on other people, do it. Otherwise you will get screwed often or always. Expecting anything else is foolish.
Posted on: 2010/1/31 9:30

Matatk Re: People are f!@$@ idiots
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22807 Posts

Quote:

CentralCoaster wrote:
What's karma?

If you ever have the choice to avoid depending on other people, do it. Otherwise you will get screwed often or always. Expecting anything else is foolish.

Resized Image
Posted on: 2010/1/31 12:54

Elite Guru
1782 Posts

Andy her name is on nothing except as a rider on the policy. Registration and car note is all mine.
Credit union may get paid off but Ive covered a number of those payments so as far as Im concerned shes behing. Talked to the sheriffs about it, I have a green light if I want. Dont have to tell her anything just do it.

CC was right on the money on his last post. I cannot think of one single instance when I failed or got screwed when there was noone else in the equation.

"In God we trust, all others pay cash".
Posted on: 2010/1/31 15:28

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.