Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
259 user(s) are online (217 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  LT1
Engine used from 1992-1996 (in 1996, automatic equipped only)....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Wednesday Chat 06.09.10
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Well, thanks to all for the well wishes yesterday for my birthday. The day turned out better than it started, so that's a good thing I even got beer as a birthday present. That's probably the best present I've ever gotten in my life. How can you go wrong

I got a new gasket and skimmer faceplate picked up from the pool store yesterday. I hate that particular place and everything there is overpriced. They rob you because they know they can since you're over a barrel. Oh well. I've got what I need.

I'd like to get the pool set up in the next day or two, it's supposed to be hot this weekend. We'll see what happens.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2010/6/9 11:43

pianoguy Re: Wednesday Chat 06.09.10
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Greetings! For the second week in a row, a miracle happened, and we managed to get golf league in without a drop of rain. It was drizzling all the way to the course, and then it quit shortly after we got there, and turned out to be a pretty decent evening. I still sucked, but at least was dry.

Have a good hump-day, everyone!
Posted on: 2010/6/9 12:18

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

PeteK Re: Wednesday Chat 06.09.10
Nanticoke, Pa
1311 Posts

Trying to plan my next move for the 87 coupe.
Shortblock, trans and new torque converter are in, heads are torqued up, and all of the work under the car is done. O2 sensor, ground wires, starter etc.
Headers are on, but no exhaust system yet. I was hoping to hit it later today for a couple of hours after work, but calling for rain all day. Car is outside currently, so those plans are off.

Left to do:

Lower intake, and everything above it (Superam, ugg).
Rebuild and shim the distributor.
Install everything on the front of the motor.
Modify and install valvecovers.
Order datalogging stuff.
Lean heavily on mseven
Install axle shaft safety loops (gotta pull the 1/2 shafts)
Sand down and paint exhaust coated with oil (during the "incident")
Install line lock
Install front brake pads
Bleed brakes.
Renew registration
Get inspected

Man, alot more to do than I thought.

Happy hump day.
Posted on: 2010/6/9 12:29

BillH Re: Wednesday Chat 06.09.10
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Guess I'll do something productive today. I have to rebuild the swamp cooler, new pump, new mats and some sanding/repainting (thankfully not much).
Posted on: 2010/6/9 13:01

TommyT-Bone Re: Wednesday Chat 06.09.10
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Hey Matt. I have bought pool/heater system replacement parts online at considerable savings over local retailers. Just thought I'd pass that along. Pool Discount Center I believe is one of them.
Spent the day yesterday cleaning and prepping the 911's for autocross this Sunday. Brought the 911 vert to the upholstery shop. Some lowlife, pos, scumbag cut a 1" gash in the drivers side roof. No doubt they were trying to see if they could steal it. That happened while my wife was up visiting my mother in Bradenton. On a good note, there were pics of both my wifes' and my car in last months regional PCA rag. Our cars have been in there a few times. They must like em. Getting ready to get motivated for the chores of the day. First up, housecleaning. Whoo Hoo! I have to degrease both of the Vette engine bays soon. That's always a fun job. Never, ever, a shortage of things for me to do. I swear..... my boat must be getting pissed off at me right about now. It keeps calling me but I don't come out. Maybe it's because it's so friggin hot and the thunder and lightening storms every friggin day. Have a great day gurus.
Posted on: 2010/6/9 13:22

biggrizzly Re: Wednesday Chat 06.09.10
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

Good Morning All,

Boss' work load seems to have slowed this morning a bit and I have a breather. Maybe I can do my own work now for a change.
Tommy - I have not been down to my boat for at least 8 weeks I hope it is stll there. I have to get down there one night after work and do some maintenance or I will have a bunch of issues when I do get down there.

I have too many weekend plans to get started on engine removal this weekend but perhaps I'll get the car moved one night this week and up on stands and start getting organized to do this job. I plan to pull the motor and take it to Sport Chevrolet and work on it as a "Club Project" during shop nights or whenever I get a chance to do so. I'll then send the block out somewhere for work and have the short block re-assembled there. This is the current thought.
Posted on: 2010/6/9 13:52

teebee Re: Wednesday Chat 06.09.10
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12370 Posts

Morning Guys....I had to go to school and answer some questions about retirement, but that's all this morning. Sometime after lunch the wife and I are heading out for KC tonight and on to MAM tomorrow. Not sure I'll have time to log in so keep thing under control here.

Matt, any of those "specialty" stores get you, Bet you can find places on-line that you can save a few bucks. Pete, sounds as though you've made some headway, but there is a ways to go yet. I'd bet you're getting anxious about getting that one done. Bill, you in an area where those work, like anything they require some maintenance. Tommy, is just hacks me off that people do these things. Don, I hope you get the time to check out your boat...8 weeks without seeing it? Summer time is busy, hopefully you'll find the time to get started on the engine.
Posted on: 2010/6/9 15:28

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

bastet44 Re: Wednesday Chat 06.09.10
Webmaster
San Pedro, CA
1389 Posts

Word of the Day for Wednesday, June 9, 2010

noctivagant
\noc-tiv-A-gant\, adjective:

Pertaining to going about in the night; night-wandering.
Posted on: 2010/6/9 17:05

TommyT-Bone Re: Wednesday Chat 06.09.10
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

That apartment is noctivagant. Somebody lives there.
Posted on: 2010/6/9 17:22

BillH Re: Wednesday Chat 06.09.10
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:
Bill, you in an area where those work, like anything they require some maintenance.

Yea, swamp coolers work well ay 13% humidity. And way less expensive than A/C.

My yearly maintainence was lube the bearings and check the water level. Did that for 20 years on this one with nothing else. So I'm happy rebuilding it, pump-$25, new synthetic mats-$25 and cooler paint-$6. Not bad for 20 years of service.
Posted on: 2010/6/9 21:21

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.