Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
220 user(s) are online (141 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  ASR
Automatic Slip Regulation; ie traction control.

Standard on all C4s starting in 1992....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Saturday Chat 07.17.10
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22806 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Stopped over at the neighbor's house last night and had a few beers, it was nice to relax and not worry about anything for a while. Slept in for a bit this morning Once the baby gets up, it's clean up and breakfast time, then off to gymnastics. Once that's done the neighbor wants to come over and help me put some concrete down around the pool. This was a chore I wanted to do in April but never got the chance to. Still a little digging to be done, but not too much.

What does everyone else have planned for the weekend?

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2010/7/17 13:38

PeteK Re: Saturday Chat 07.17.10
Nanticoke, Pa
1311 Posts

I was gone all week, and am only home for today before tomorrows trip to the west coast. Gonna rebuild a trans front pump, and finish assemble a trans. Only thing left to do would be to overhaul and install the valve body. That can wait till next week though.
Posted on: 2010/7/17 13:48

biggrizzly Re: Saturday Chat 07.17.10
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

I'm sittin' on my butt again! I can't wait to get this Ace wrap off my knee and get back on my feet. I swear they used at least four ACE bandages and a layer of gauze three inches thick under that!!!

I'm going up and down the stairs now, but still pretty slow. Can't put my own damn sock on!! That sucks too! Hopefully I'll get some mobility back in this thing come Monday!!

I'm just sitting here watching these boards for you guys! Anything comes up I'll let you know! LOL

Have a great day!
Posted on: 2010/7/17 14:55
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

teebee Re: Saturday Chat 07.17.10
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12373 Posts

Hey guys, this morning I rode in a pickup in our local parade, which kicks off our county fair this week. When I got home. the gal that my wife works with had brought her Toyota over that someone had opened a door onto and marked up the side in about 5 places. My wife told her I "...could probably take those out". So I worked on buffing out the door dings. I did get them out, BTW. I also washed it up for her. Took me about 3 hours, when I took it back she says "Oh Tom, it looks so good, let me pay you." I said, "I don't have a clue as to how much." So she goes in and brings me a check for $100, I said you don't have to give me that much..."That's about what Skeeters (a body shop that she takes it to to be detailed) would have charged me." I took the money. After I got home I primped up the Corvette, as our local Lions Club has their show tomorrow.

It's been really hot today, showing 104 right now, and looks the same for most of the week. Maybe I'll just rest this afternoon.
Posted on: 2010/7/17 20:53

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

CentralCoaster Re: Saturday Chat 07.17.10
Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

I'm relaxing in a park in San Mateo. Doing some camping in Big Sur and then back to SD tomorrow. Weather forecast was scorching hot and humid but its perfect. It hit 114F in east county yesterday.

Can't wait to get my new steering gear for my 69 chevy on monday and swap that out, then I can clean up the truck and sell it and hopefully replace it with a solid-axle Toyota that I can set up for 4wheeling. I think I'll be looking for a 90-95 ext cab and a front axle conversion. That will seat 4 in a pinch, have space to secure cargo, and still be able to haul shit or a motorcycle. Either that or an 85 4runner which are hard to come by.

But I'll have to budget some time to do some RC racing and drinking in my backyard with some friends.

I knocked out my 2nd mortgage this week (the hard way), so I'll have some extra cash to spend on the house and cars. Now if only I had some extra time.

Damn ants keep crawling up my leg, time to relocate. Life is rough!
Posted on: 2010/7/17 21:11

Vetron87 Re: Saturday Chat 07.17.10
Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Good afternoon guys! Played roofer today! 2 weeks ago we had severe thunderstorms with 90+ mph winds. High winds removed about 20 shingles. Area roofing companies are so busy they don't want to fool around with so few shingles. I hauled my petite 285lb.frame on my roof. Replaced 30 shingles. Talk about hot! today 96 degrees and on a black roof.
My wife would crap if she say me! She's in Chicago seeing her sister. Roof looks pretty good. I roofed it 10 years ago before my knee replacement. A little woobly at first. I'm not afraid of heights its that sudden stop I don't like I think I'll wash the vette and eat steak grilled of course.
Posted on: 2010/7/17 21:29

TommyT-Bone Re: Saturday Chat 07.17.10
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33768 Posts

Getting ready for my B-day party tomorrow. My B-day is really Monday. Doing it Sunday so we can all get together. Whoo Hoo! Small gathering of about 30 people. Food for about 50. Mom is having a nice visit. She hasn't been here for about 7 years. She cooked up a couple of big pots of stuffed cabbage. At home she's cleaning out her storage locker so my son is getting some paintings and old stereo stuff. Probably put some music on his patio. We got a couple of things we can use here and a few more hammers and screw drivers and assorted screws and other stuff to put in my shed. Put on the muffler tips I got from Ron W. Needed to make some bigger shims. My mufflers were not oem. Threw up a fence to contain the dogs so the guests roam the yard and pool area. My dogs usually have free reign. Tomorrow morning I'll get to cook for around 4 hours then kick back and eat for 4 hours. Then the clean up. Fotunately, all our family and friends usually help on the clean up. That makes a huge difference. Hope you all enjoy your weekend.
Posted on: 2010/7/17 21:48

Vetron87 Re: Saturday Chat 07.17.10
Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Happy Birthday Day Tommy 2 days early.
Posted on: 2010/7/17 22:22

PeteK Re: Saturday Chat 07.17.10
Nanticoke, Pa
1311 Posts

Quote:

Vetron87 wrote:
Happy Birthday Day Tommy 2 days early.

Happy Birthday!!
Posted on: 2010/7/17 22:23

teebee Re: Saturday Chat 07.17.10
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12373 Posts

Happy 55th birthday Tommy.
Posted on: 2010/7/18 1:07

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Steve40th Re: Saturday Chat 07.17.10
Elite Guru
1114 Posts

Got an offer on my house, hopefully they are offering what we are asking.
Posted on: 2010/7/18 3:53

pianoguy Re: Saturday Chat 07.17.10
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Greetings! The BHCC wrapped up tonight with a banquet, and a pleasant surprise - Reeves Callaway was the special guest speaker! We really enjoyed the event and plan to do it again - there were 408 Corvettes here this year. I think the Mrs. is warming up to the idea of adding a newer 'vert....

We're going to spend a couple more days out here sightseeing - Crazy Horse, Custer State Park, etc. I hope some of our pics have turned out.

Welcome to the 55 club, Tommy - enjoy your big day! ;-)
Posted on: 2010/7/18 4:27

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.