Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
190 user(s) are online (136 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  L98 Intake Bolt Sizes
This is data compiled by CentralCoaster. It lists all the bolt sizes for a stock L98 intake manifold and some of the attachments.

These are commo...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Thursday Chat 07.22.10
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22806 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

I'm late to start chat...got tied up reading running stuff on the internet. I'm considering doing a new race in October - 9 mile obstacle course. So I may start training for a half marathon. What do you think?

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2010/7/22 11:43

RickAnthony Re: Thursday Chat 07.22.10
ASE Master Certified
Downers Grove, IL
703 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:
Good Morning CGs!

I'm late to start chat...got tied up reading running stuff on the internet. I'm considering doing a new race in October - 9 mile obstacle course. So I may start training for a half marathon. What do you think?

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew

That's pretty awesome... I think if anyone can do it you can do it!

Just woke up for lack of a better term.. feel like I could go back to sleep for the rest of the day...

-=Rick
Posted on: 2010/7/22 12:05
RickAnthonyMotorsports.NET
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

pianoguy Re: Thursday Chat 07.22.10
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Greetings! No marathons for me, the rat race is quite enough, thank you. Got the Vette all clean and shiny yesterday, so of course it is pouring rain this morning. Par for the course. Gotta search for some new tires, and maybe a C6 ;-)

Have a great day, everyone.
Posted on: 2010/7/22 12:17

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

teebee Re: Thursday Chat 07.22.10
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12374 Posts

Morning.....Matt, my oldest daughter has done several marathons, half marathons, half ironman, and a couple of those obstacle runs. She just got back from doing one at some military camp in California. She works out all the time and it seems like she was going up to Chicago for one here in the near future....IIRC. Good luck with the training. Brad how serious are you about that C6? They really are nice cars.

Going to be hot again today. County fair is going on here. The wife and I went out last night to look things over. The barnyard Olympics was fun to watch. They had teams doing funny things....barnyard related....sort of. It was pretty humorous.

Nothing planned here today, about like yesterday. I was bored enough yesterday that I clay barred and waxed my pickup and buffed a few scratches out, it looks good.

Hope everyone has a great Thursday.
Posted on: 2010/7/22 12:19

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

biggrizzly Re: Thursday Chat 07.22.10
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

Good Morning!

Nothing happening here of great merit. I'm starting to plan my engine removal now as my knee if recuperating.

I've been getting more and more irritated with people in my Corvette Club all the time and I can't wait until January when my term as President is over. Too many cry babies and people that think they would do a better job, but don't. Must be because I'm gonna be 50 soon!

Matt - In another life I ran cross country in HS and ran sort of competitively during college with a running group here in DC. My favorites were the 10k, because they were very popular in the 80s, but I did my share of Half Marathons and feel they are a great distance, however if your throw in obstacles then the risks become greater. My knees are probably screwed up today because of all the running I did when I was younger... also not to mention I'm a way overweight tard at the present time.
Posted on: 2010/7/22 12:29

TommyT-Bone Re: Thursday Chat 07.22.10
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33770 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:
So I may start training for a half marathon. What do you think?
Matthew

I was thinking of doing the same thing. I'm just going to start training though. I will stop right after tying up my sneakers.

Good morning ladies and gentlemen. I had the most wonderful time visiting with mother the past few days. Right now her health is pretty good and she had quite a bit of energy. I seriously doubt that I will get to her stage in life but she sure is spunky when she's not battling illness. I did a little mental inventory on Corvettes while I was cruising back and forth across state. My street count was approximately 24 C6s 12 C5s 4 C4s and 2 C3s. No C2s or C1s. Came across a loose group of Dodges that must have been doing some type of highway testing. Some had full car covers mounted, all were dirty, all had Michigan tags and a mix of drivers (age, sex, etc.) They appeared to be driving back and forth on I-75 between Ft Lauderdale and Naples. I also saw a Viper and the and multiple Challengers, Camaros and Mustangs. Down here like many other places, people have weekend cruisers. More can be seen on any given weekend. Have a great day gurus. I have some catching up to do around the palace.
Posted on: 2010/7/22 12:40

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:
Brad how serious are you about that C6? They really are nice cars.

Depends on whether the devil whispering into my left ear about what a nice car it is, or the angel whispering into my right ear, who frets about things like car payments and insurance, wins ;-)
Posted on: 2010/7/22 13:21

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

BillH Re: Thursday Chat 07.22.10
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Quote:

Matatk wrote:
So I may start training for a half marathon. What do you think?
Matthew

I was thinking of doing the same thing. I'm just going to start training though. I will stop right after tying up my sneakers.

I was thinking the same thing. Also thought I could be a lot faster if I got sneakers with the velcro fasteners.
Posted on: 2010/7/22 13:38

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

biggrizzly wrote:
I've been getting more and more irritated with people in my Corvette Club all the time and I can't wait until January when my term as President is over. Too many cry babies and people that think they would do a better job, but don't .

Yea, I can relate to that. I did it for a long time in a couple of Corvette clubs and some racing clubs. Now, I just volunteer for a specific job and kinda smile when I see the whining.

I can remember, years ago, in the early Corvette Clubs (Mason/Dixon) there really wasn't any whining (of course there were no C5 & 6ers), even the club meetings were fun. And the voulnteer ratio was double what it is today.
Posted on: 2010/7/22 13:48

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33770 Posts

I'm a working member of the orginizations I join. Not too big on the social events of clubs but I like behind the scenes positions that help club functions. I'm not looking for accolades so the more I'm under the radar the better. Now the wife ..... she's a whole different story. She's pretty well out there telling everybody what they need to do even though she holds no elected position.
Posted on: 2010/7/22 14:17

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12374 Posts

Hey Bill.....I have a C5! I know what you guys are saying, that's why I'm not a member of any organized Corvette Club. A bunch of whiny wienies.
Posted on: 2010/7/22 14:21

Resized Image

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33770 Posts

My son booked us a family cruise for October. My mother, wife, son and myself will be leaving from Tampa on a one week voyage to Cozumel, Belize City, Roatan Island Honduras and Grand Cayman. My mother has never been on a big cruise. Me, my wife and son have been on a few cruises and we enjoy them. We'll be on the Carnival Legend. We decided we don't want to travel too much in August or September. That's the busiest months for hurricanes and we have to be close to get ready in that event. January and February are freeze months so the same thing applies. Have to stick close to home. Pet sitter is already lined up. I'll have a week to turn the world off. I love it. You get to appreciate how well you have it when you see how people in the rest of the world live. That's a huge problem in this country. People really don't know how good they have it.
Posted on: 2010/7/22 14:31

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:
Hey Bill.....I have a C5! I know what you guys are saying, that's why I'm not a member of any organized Corvette Club. A bunch of whiny wienies.

It was just really different years ago, better IMO.

Last year we (Reno SCCA) invited Reno Corvettes to one of our Time Trials and PDX (for street cars). Even went to one of their meetings to explain the event.
They showed up, one C3, the rest were 5s & 6s. They had lunch, stared at their cars (for the millionth time) and took a track tour at lunchtime behind the pace car.

Not one of them signed up to go out on the track.

Nothin' wrong with waxing your car, but Geeze.
Posted on: 2010/7/22 14:43

Vetron87 Re: Thursday Chat 07.22.10
Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Good Morning CGs! Heat index of 110 today! We have two very competitive local tv channels that have weather overload. I wonder what we did as kids with out the weather update every 9 minutes.
We have a local Corvette Club seems like it has a good following. Ive been approached at their events to join. Your right Teebee seems like they are a little whinny and anal. One C5 had an Obama sticker and a small upside down American flag. Umm do I put his head on a stick or walk away.
All of my welding projects are done. Looking at a new "leathers" by Miller looks like a Nomex material.
Don its sounds like knee is healing up well. Do you have any trouble getting in your vette?
Posted on: 2010/7/22 14:54

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

Vetron87 wrote:
Good Morning CGs! Heat index of 110 today! We have two very competitive local tv channels that have weather overload. I wonder what we did as kids with out the weather update every 9 minutes?

Yea, so does our TV, 3 times in a half hour. But, then, they are part of the lame stream media. They also kick up the temp forecast to sensationalize it. They're always 4-5 degrees higher than it really gets.
I use www.noaa.gov for forecasts.

The heat index here is always 4-5 degrees lower than the temp.
Posted on: 2010/7/22 15:28

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33770 Posts

Here is your latest update from The Guru Weather Center

Attach file:

jpg  Schwing.jpg (40.64 KB)
852_4c48678165e84.jpg 495X361 px
Posted on: 2010/7/22 15:45

Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Quote:

BillH wrote:
Quote:

Vetron87 wrote:
Good Morning CGs! Heat index of 110 today! We have two very competitive local tv channels that have weather overload. I wonder what we did as kids with out the weather update every 9 minutes?

Yea, so does our TV, 3 times in a half hour. But, then, they are part of the lame stream media. They also kick up the temp forecast to sensationalize it. They're always 4-5 degrees higher than it really gets.
I use www.noaa.gov for forecasts.

The heat index here is always 4-5 degrees lower than the temp.

Sensationalize is right!! One station reports 95 the other 98 who gives a rats ass its still hot. No big deal! Its summer! You should hear when we get snow!
Posted on: 2010/7/22 15:47

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33770 Posts

The female topless weather girls always seem to deliver a good forecast. I just never seem to be able to remember what she said.
Posted on: 2010/7/22 15:48

Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Here is your latest update from The Guru Weather Center

Thats funny!!
Posted on: 2010/7/22 15:48

Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Damn another one of my students was killed last night in what police are reporting to be gang related. He was a good student in my shop class but had many issues going outside of my class. We try to break this cycle of violence but doesn't seem to make any difference in those seconds before the trigger is pulled. These kids would be safer in the military than on the streets. Last year we lost 3 students. This is getting real old! One more year!
Posted on: 2010/7/22 15:55

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33770 Posts

People/students make choices. Some of them not so good. There's a price to pay in bad decisions. I hate it when it's an innocent bystander or a hero coming to the rescue. Scumbags don't phase me much. I'm sorry for your loss because of your efforts to facilitate change in wayward youth. All I can say is that you try to help. You can't force people to take good advice and make positive changes. If only they would listen.
Posted on: 2010/7/22 16:14

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Here's all the weather forecasting you need:

http://doineedanumbrella.com/
Posted on: 2010/7/22 16:17

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Damn, sorry to hear about the student, Ron - what a waste.
Posted on: 2010/7/22 16:18

Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
People/students make choices. Some of them not so good. There's a price to pay in bad decisions. I hate it when it's an innocent bystander or a hero coming to the rescue. Scumbags don't phase me much. I'm sorry for your loss because of your efforts to facilitate change in wayward youth. All I can say is that you try to help. You can't force people to take good advice and make positive changes. If only they would listen.

Totally agree! especially when it comes to scumbags. Our high school is currently at risk of being taken over by the state because of low test scores. We make an effort to explain the reality of fear, hunger and the basic needs that are not being met before learning can begin in "most" of our kids. At least in prison they have 3 meals a day, tv, weights and a clean bed. Our state test ISTEP is a joke when our hispanic students are working a min. wage job on those testing days because they don't understand english or our minority kids that scribble throught the test! where do I begin! For many of my minority students I represent the problem in their culture! The sixty something white guy that is trying give them a skill,values, morals and a work ethic! Opps starting to rant!
Posted on: 2010/7/22 16:39

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12374 Posts

I hear you, Ron.
Posted on: 2010/7/22 18:50

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.