Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
157 user(s) are online (109 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  National Corvette Museum
The mission of the National Corvette Museum is to celebrate the Corvette's invention, and preserve the legendary automobile's past, present, and futu...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

TommyT-Bone Tuesday Chat 08.03.10
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33769 Posts

Damn roof rats. My son says he heard some scrambling in the attic. I put out a couple of bait stations out around his house. They're a common pest in South Florida. They're small elusive little critters. Just glad we don't have much issue with the Norway rats. Them suckers are scary. Big as a cat, sometimes bigger. Snakes ,bugs ,other reptiles, possums, racoons, squirrels, armadillos. All kinds of creatures call SoFlo home. We have to share the planet. Doesn't mean I have to like it.
Posted on: 2010/8/3 12:05
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

teebee Re: Tuesday Chat 08.03.10
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12374 Posts

Morning guys.....I.m glad we don't have to worry about those, mice are bad enough.

I got news yesterday that my cousin passed away from a heart attack, he was 65. Sad, his parents are still alive and they will have to bury their son, I bet they never thought that would happen.

We are headed home after while, it's been a good visit, but we are ready to be back home.

I hope everyone has a great day.
Posted on: 2010/8/3 12:27

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

TommyT-Bone Re: Tuesday Chat 08.03.10
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33769 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:
I got news yesterday that my cousin passed away from a heart attack, he was 65. Sad, his parents are still alive and they will have to bury their son, I bet they never thought that would happen.

That's what happens when you get to be an old timer. You watch lots of people die around you. Eventually everyone that you were close to is gone. I was just thinkin about that yesterday (again). One minute everything is fine and in an instant you can be dead. I read yesterday, life is fragile but you have to live it.
Posted on: 2010/8/3 12:34

flyboy Re: Tuesday Chat 08.03.10
Elite Guru
Westmont, Il.
2632 Posts

Another 2" of rain. Rainiest summer ever here and it's only Aug. Oh well, keeps some miles off the 'vette.
At this point in life I'd rather have roof rats than rug rats.
Posted on: 2010/8/3 13:17

pianoguy Re: Tuesday Chat 08.03.10
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Greetings! I'm off to a late start, didn't feel too sharp so I went back to bed for a couple hours. Should screw up the pace of the day pretty good. Gonna be hot and steamy, too.

One of the reasons we live here is that you don't need to know your exterminator on a first-name basis. That's what I keep telling myself, anyway.

Sorry to hear about your cousin, teebee

Have a good one, everybody!
Posted on: 2010/8/3 13:17

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

biggrizzly Re: Tuesday Chat 08.03.10
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

Good morning guys!

Nothin' much happening here today. I did organize all the leftover booze and beer from my birthday party! WooHoo! I have a lot of drinkin' to do in the next couple of weeks!!

I have lots to keep me busy but I need to get back to the garage soon. Hopefully this weekend for a little bit. Although I think I'm going crabbing on Saturday morning and then will be eatin' all them wondeful little crustaceans later that evening, so beer and crabs overule working on the car!

I should have been going up to Mid-Ohio for the race but couldn't get a decent room in time.
Posted on: 2010/8/3 13:36

BillH Re: Tuesday Chat 08.03.10
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Damn roof rats. My son says he heard some scrambling in the attic. I put out a couple of bait stations out around his house. They're a common pest in South Florida. They're small elusive little critters. Just glad we don't have much issue with the Norway rats. Them suckers are scary. Big as a cat, sometimes bigger. Snakes ,bugs ,other reptiles, possums, racoons, squirrels, armadillos. All kinds of creatures call SoFlo home. We have to share the planet. Doesn't mean I have to like it.

Put this in the roof - no more rats.

Had a scorpion walk into the garage last week, I've only seen 2 others in 20 years.
At least the bears are staying up on the mountain.

Attach file:

jpg  fl.jpg (0.00 KB)

Posted on: 2010/8/3 13:37

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

biggrizzly wrote:
Although I think I'm going crabbing on Saturday morning and then will be eatin' all them wondeful little crustaceans later that evening, so beer and crabs overule working on the car!

I should have been going up to Mid-Ohio for the race but couldn't get a decent room in time.

Blue crabs are the best in the world but it takes 3 hours to crack enough of them to get full, gives you time to drink extra beer though.

The last time I was at Mid-Ohio was in '85. They're still sending me brochures, just got one for the Indy car race yesterday.

Attach file:

jpg  IMGP0817.JPG (0.00 KB)

Posted on: 2010/8/3 13:42

Vetron87 Re: Tuesday Chat 08.03.10
Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Quote:

teebee wrote:

That's what happens when you get to be an old timer. You watch lots of people die around you. Eventually everyone that you were close to is gone. I was just thinkin about that yesterday (again). One minute everything is fine and in an instant you can be dead. I read yesterday, life is fragile but you have to live it.

So true! Three years ago one of our teachers retired @ 65 and died a couple hour after his retiremnt party! WTF.
Posted on: 2010/8/3 14:22

Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Rain and more rain today! Knee is getting better, need to work in shop today. I have 55 gal.barrel full of used oil. Advanced Auto and Auto Zone takes up to 5 Gals per week. with a total of 7 locations should'nt take long.
Posted on: 2010/8/3 14:43

Matatk Re: Tuesday Chat 08.03.10
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22806 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Sorry to hear about that, TB. 65 is too young!

Rain, rain, and more rain around here. The city just sw of me has gotten 3.7 inches overnight and it's still coming down. My city got 2 inches as of 7 am. I called the insurance company just to make sure I had coverage in case of a sewer back up. Happened to my cousin last week and over 10g's in damage to his newly finished basement. Ugh.

Did 4 miles last night and felt pretty good. My legs aren't sore today. I get to do some circuit training today so that makes me happy. Tomorrow is a 6-7 mile run. Let's hope I can make it!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2010/8/3 15:46

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

As I pulled out to run down the mountain to the DMV, 4 splitwindows in a row passed me. :binky: White , bronze, blue and black, a whole freekin' flock.

Almost had an orgasmo.
Posted on: 2010/8/3 17:07

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33769 Posts

Quote:

BillH wrote:
As I pulled out to run down the mountain to the DMV, 4 splitwindows in a row passed me. :binky: White , bronze, blue and black, a whole freekin' flock.

Almost had an orgasmo.

A definite
Posted on: 2010/8/3 17:13

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
A definite

Hot August Nights.

And, since I'm not going out and taking more pics this year:
http://www.corvette-guru.com/modules/ ... t_id=97356#forumpost97356
Posted on: 2010/8/3 17:16

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33769 Posts

Quote:

BillH wrote:
Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
A definite

Hot August Nights.

Your promo is gonna get the best of me one day. I guess I'd have to make hotel reservations way, way ahead. Where would be a good vantage point? Maybe fly to Vegas, rent a car stay a couple of days in Reno back to Vegas for a couple of days then back home. Maybe next year or the year after.
Posted on: 2010/8/3 17:21

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33769 Posts

I also have an Alaskan cruise in the works for an August date so it's a tough one to decide.
Posted on: 2010/8/3 17:23

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Quote:

BillH wrote:
Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
A definite

Hot August Nights.

Your promo is gonna get the best of me one day. I guess I'd have to make hotel reservations way, way ahead. Where would be a good vantage point? Maybe fly to Vegas, rent a car stay a couple of days in Reno back to Vegas for a couple of days then back home. Maybe next year or the year after.

Cool but don't try and get a hotel, they screw the HAN crowd, you guys stay at my place (3 week notice req'd for me to clean up things ).

You really don't want to drive from Vegas to Reno, it's 8 1/2 hours of shear boredom and the flight is 55 min. and reasonable.

And HAN is slightly iffy now, the promotor may be trying to screw Reno with his deal in Longbeach but we're keepin' our fingers crossed.
Posted on: 2010/8/3 17:32

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33769 Posts

For some unknown reason I always think it's a four hour drive. Oh well.
Posted on: 2010/8/3 18:57

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33769 Posts

What a lazy day. No energy and somehow I messed up my foot while I was sleeping. The only thing I've got done was to feed the birds and tortoises. Right now I'm watching Oranage County Choppers. About the only thing I think I'll do the rest of the day is make dinner and feed the mutts. I already took my shower so I'm all washed up.
Posted on: 2010/8/3 19:14

Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Good Evening! Took 35gals of used oil to local parts stores for recycling. Power washed floors found 2 sockets I lost. Had Argon tank filled and bought TIG rods, Cleaned tips on torches. Drank a ton of water and haven't peed yet. Updated the computer in the garage, upholestry guy came by. Next door neighbor dog craped in my yard. Knee is the size of a small 3rd world country now! Damn!
Hope your foot gets better Tommy
Sorry to hear about your cousin TeeBee!
Posted on: 2010/8/3 21:23

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33769 Posts

Quote:

Vetron87 wrote:
Next door neighbor dog craped in my yard.!

It's better than creped in your yard.
Posted on: 2010/8/3 23:12

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.