Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
300 user(s) are online (175 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Matatk, more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Windows in the C4
Both should move up and down, quietly and reasonably fast.

If a window does not work, this most likely means a bad motor, but check the fuse pane...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Friday Chat 08.20.10
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Happy Friday to all. Hopefully for most of you the week is coming to an end. It's been a long one for me, I'll be finished up tomorrow.

Did a tough running workout last night. When I got home I was just completely drained. I had to eat dinner and then eat again an hour later. Took a lot out of me. By 8:30 I was a zombie. The baby actually went to bed without much fuss, so that was great.

Any big plans for the weekend?

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2010/8/20 11:20

TommyT-Bone Re: Friday Chat 08.20.10
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Good morning. That being said, have a nice day.

Posted on: 2010/8/20 11:32
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

teebee Re: Friday Chat 08.20.10
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12364 Posts

Morning guys...Not much here today. I'm up, sort of. Better get use to getting up at this time as Monday the grind starts again. I get to play golf in our league faculty tournament. It's not a serious tourney, just a get together to have some fun at the beginning of a new year. A good way to spend the Saturday.

I hope everyone here has a great Friday.
Posted on: 2010/8/20 12:15

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

pianoguy Re: Friday Chat 08.20.10
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Greetings! I am moving real slow this morning - I took yesterday off for an annual golf outing with some friends, and was over-served, and am now paying dearly for it. Somebody make the monitor stop jiggling :-P
Posted on: 2010/8/20 12:35

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

biggrizzly Re: Friday Chat 08.20.10
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

Good Morning! I'm so gladd its Friday!
Matt -- I got back on my bicycle last night for the first time since my knee surgery. I only rode seven miles last night, but it felt great just to get back on the bike and do something physical again. I've lost 15lbs in the past three weeks just reducing the total amound of daily carbs. (not eliminating them) and getting rid of sugars. Its amazing how fast that can turn things around.

Tom - good luck with the Goof Tourney!

Tommy - I can't see YouTube from work, so I'll only have to guess at what you posted! LOL

Have a great day
Posted on: 2010/8/20 12:38

PLRX Re: Friday Chat 08.20.10
Senior Guru
SoCal
212 Posts

I may go and visit the Queen Mary in Long Beach.
Posted on: 2010/8/20 12:52

TommyT-Bone Re: Friday Chat 08.20.10
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

biggrizzly wrote:
I've lost 15lbs in the past three weeks just reducing the total amound of daily carbs. (not eliminating them) and getting rid of sugars. Its amazing how fast that can turn things around.

Congrats on the weight loss. I dumped sugars and lost 4 lbs.
My summer weight is usually around 208.(I'm 213). Come November the trend reverses as I start eating all kinds of goodies till around mid January. My winter weight balloons to about 228 after all the holiday feasting. My rule is I won't buy bigger pants so then the weight loss cycle begins again. Been on the same roller coaster for years now.
Posted on: 2010/8/20 12:53

vetteblondie Re: Friday Chat 08.20.10
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4648 Posts

Hope everyone has a good weekend. My vacation starts today whoo! And, Tueaday I'll be at a Detroit / KC ballgame
And about that 15lb loss.... I've been working out like a mad dog and yet I think I found that 15 lbs....
Congrats on losing the weight!
Posted on: 2010/8/20 14:47

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

zoe6 Re: Friday Chat 08.20.10
Senior Guru
Northern Indiana
167 Posts

Good Afternoon. Lab is busy today, if it breathes, has skin or fur, bleeds, vomits, spits,DNA, Rh factors, ovulates, pees, poops, or I.D. a body part we do the definitive testing and results.
Dropped off alternator this morning, tech called a little while ago. Diodes ok, they will, replace bearings and anything needed for 95 dollars. One of my dads former students. I didn't think that was to bad.
The way my schedule looksI won't have time to touch "baby car" until sometime next week. I have to teach a class on comparative analysis on Monday.
BTW I was complimented on my Victory Red paint on one of my finger nails. I didn't notice latex glove probably ripped.
I appreciate all your input yesterday! Have a great weekend guys. Erin
Posted on: 2010/8/20 16:59

bogus Re: Friday Chat 08.20.10
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

What kinda lab tech are you? Forensics? I used to do ident stuff for the Delaware State Police.

Off to lunch... open afternoon... debating my next project...
Posted on: 2010/8/20 19:05

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

Matatk Re: Friday Chat 08.20.10
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Quote:

biggrizzly wrote:
Good Morning! I'm so gladd its Friday!
Matt -- I got back on my bicycle last night for the first time since my knee surgery. I only rode seven miles last night, but it felt great just to get back on the bike and do something physical again. I've lost 15lbs in the past three weeks just reducing the total amound of daily carbs. (not eliminating them) and getting rid of sugars. Its amazing how fast that can turn things around.

Well done on the weight loss and getting back on the bike! Just remember that although cutting carbs can work for some people, it's actually the cutting of calories that affects the weight loss. Some people just overindulge in everything they eat, and it's easy to lose track of the actual number. Want to see how close you are? Sign up at myfitnesspal.com and track your eating. Also, carbs are still essential pieces of nutrition necessary for energy and things like brain functioning. As far as the sugar, a tsp of sugar only has like 15 calories, so don't deprive yourself of it, just be reasonable. Your body will have cravings (that's normal) and if you don't feed it, you will end up overeating that desire in order to compensate. Just some friendly advice.

I'd also recommend tossing some stretching in before and after the bike ride, because you're gonna have some sore muscles

Matthew
Posted on: 2010/8/20 20:11

Senior Guru
Northern Indiana
167 Posts

Quote:

bogus wrote:
What kinda lab tech are you? Forensics? I used to do ident stuff for the Delaware State Police.

Off to lunch... open afternoon... debating my next project...

Started out as an engineering student at Purdue University, mid way through I switched to MicroBiology. When I started my lab work I was a med-tech in Micro. The Lab does some Forensics i.e unindentifulable body parts from a crime scene. Last body part a few weeks back was a severed penis found near a crime scene investigation.
Lab works in concert with area hospitals. Mostly Pathology, STDs, Hemotology, and tissue analysis, plus animal pathology. Like I said above we do it all. Currently Manager of Micro. Just finished my MBA, not sure where this will lead. My Vette came along at the right time! Focus on something mechanical. Hopefully this doesn't sound too macho but I love getting into an engine.
Posted on: 2010/8/20 23:05

Senior Guru
Northern Indiana
167 Posts

Geeze my above post sounds like I'm a tomboy. I'm not! just had a dad that was into cars, welding and construction. You probably won't hear anything from Vetron this weekend he and mom are at a SEAL reunion. God I hope he behaves
Posted on: 2010/8/20 23:12

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.