Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
211 user(s) are online (159 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  New Hampshire Motor Speedway
This is the new name for New Hampshire International Speedway.

Also known as NHMS....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Thursday Chat 09.16.10
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22804 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Well today is the big day for me and the wife. Anniversary time. Of course it's already become one of those "what do you want...nothing...ok, what do you want....nothing" kind of deals. So I got her a gift certificate for the nail place and I'll get her a card and maybe some flowers. I think she is just so tired from being pregnant that nothing matters anymore other than pushing that kid out...lol.

The other day I saw a recipe on the back of the philly cheese box. I don't usually pay much attention to these, but this looked good. So my wife made it last night...spaghetti sauce with philly cream cheese mixed in. It was really good. Very creamy. We'll be making it again.

Other than that, the top that I shipped the other day showed up broken. I'm not a happy man. I was pissed when the buyer told me that/sent me the pictures, because I spent over an hour packing that thing. But when you've got some monkey tossing boxes around in the packing center, not matter how good of a job it is you'll end up with something broken. So now I need to go through their insurance process which I've never done before. I'll keep you guys posted.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2010/9/16 11:35

Matatk Re: Thursday Chat 09.16.10
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22804 Posts

http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/s ... i-a-la-philly-114724.aspx

What You Need
1/2 lb. Spaghetti, uncooked
1 lb. extra-lean ground beef
1 jar (24 oz.) spaghetti sauce
4 oz. (1/2 of 8-oz. pkg.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, cubed
2 Tbsp. KRAFT Grated Parmesan Cheese
Make It

COOK spaghetti as directed on package.

MEANWHILE, brown meat in large skillet. Stir in sauce and cream cheese; cook on low heat 3 to 5 min. or until sauce is well blended and heated through, stirring frequently.

DRAIN spaghetti. Add to sauce; mix lightly. Place on platter; top with Parmesan.
Kraft Kitchens Tips
Special Extra
Cook 1 cup each chopped bell peppers and onions with the ground beef.
Special Extra
Sprinkle with chopped fresh basil or parsley before serving.
Variation
Prepare using PHILADELPHIA Neufchatel Cheese.
Posted on: 2010/9/16 11:41

pianoguy Re: Thursday Chat 09.16.10
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Happy Anniversary, Matt! We don't give each other gifts anymore - we usually buy something for the both of us nowadays. This year we got new luggage - pretty exciting, huh? Bummer about your top, that blows. But at least it's insured, so hopefully that will go smoothly.

Rumor has it that it will be sunny today, but I have yet to see any evidence. It rained cats and dogs last night.

Enjoy your day!
Posted on: 2010/9/16 12:30

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

teebee Re: Thursday Chat 09.16.10
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12364 Posts

Morning guys....The kids aren't here yet, so it's quiet. Supposed to be low 80's today and I get to drive an hour to watch my grandson play football, so this evening is shot.

Matt, happy anniversary. Yea, when things get down near the end, they get real testy....it will pass.

Talk again later.
Posted on: 2010/9/16 12:55

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Vetron87 Re: Thursday Chat 09.16.10
Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Good Morning Gurus!!! Today the class is watching a DVD on logging and furniture joinery while I replace and sharpen the knives on the Oliver thickness planner. Takes about 2-3 hours. Powermatic jointer is getting its knives replaced also, another 2 hours. This routine is done every 6 weeks. Break for me! no noise and dust.
We have 22,000 pounds of oak,cherry and poplar rough sawn random lenght stock coming in next week, kids work their butts off unloading it. Seniors tell the underclassmen its a right of passage! Its controlled chaos.
Posted on: 2010/9/16 12:55

Ultraman Re: Thursday Chat 09.16.10
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14739 Posts

Matt, thanks for the recipe. How did you know it was my night to cook? I am always looking for something different. When the human eating machine gets home from football practice I need something filling and ready. Pasta is always acceptable at our place.

Congrats on your anniversary, tell her the baby will be your present this year. She will go, awww that is so sweet and give you a kiss and then you will be in good for awhile. I have been married 28 years I know stuff! Gift card to nail place is good!

I am going out to chop down a big scotch pine that died in our tree line this year. We lost one last year and now this one. They will all be gone soon due to an insect that does something to them. Tree line protects the house on north side and is 20 years old. Nuts!

Let's get out there and kick some ass and take some names today Guru's.
Posted on: 2010/9/16 14:08

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

TommyT-Bone Re: Thursday Chat 09.16.10
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Women love attention on those special days. To stay in her good graces buy her an iron, a vacuum cleaner or can opener. There is something about a new appliance that women can't resist. Instead of a card, on the box write a caring message. If she doesn't need an appliance, maybe a shoe rack or a nice manicure set. Have a great day ...... and Happy Anniversary
Posted on: 2010/9/16 15:21

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Here's the gift that keeps on giving:

Posted on: 2010/9/16 15:45

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Unusual:

Posted on: 2010/9/16 16:21

teebee Re: Thursday Chat 09.16.10
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12364 Posts

The old Oliver takes less time than my Powermatic, Ron. But then again, yours has, what, three or four knives? My Powermatic has 36. I have a couple of jointers that need the knives changed too. I do mine after school or in the evenings or Saturdays, they pay me well to do it ($45/hour), still less than having someone come in and do it.
Posted on: 2010/9/16 18:46

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

This story gave me an idea. Why not start The Church of the Latter Day Dick in a Box?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_rel_piercing_church
Posted on: 2010/9/16 20:15

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

There is no reason this girl can't go to school with a nose ring. She should be required to cover it with a band aid. Problem solved.
Posted on: 2010/9/16 20:19

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Some friends were involved many years ago in some tax-dodge scam called the Life Science Church - they were all "ministers". It didn't end well.
Posted on: 2010/9/16 21:44

Vetron87 Re: Thursday Chat 09.16.10
Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:
The old Oliver takes less time than my Powermatic, Ron. But then again, yours has, what, three or four knives? My Powermatic has 36. I have a couple of jointers that need the knives changed too. I do mine after school or in the evenings or Saturdays, they pay me well to do it ($45/hour), still less than having someone come in and do it.

Oliver has 4 knives-22 1/2" long, the pressure/chip bar retainer for the knives is bent.My PowerMatic thickness planner is the spiral helix with 156 carbide cutters and joiner has 4 6" knives. Corp pays an hourly rate based on my extended contract salary plus mileage if I have run for parts.
Posted on: 2010/9/16 23:32

RickAnthony Re: Thursday Chat 09.16.10
ASE Master Certified
Downers Grove, IL
703 Posts

Matt, that totally sucks about the top... thanks for the recipe...
Posted on: 2010/9/17 3:08
RickAnthonyMotorsports.NET

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.