Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
364 user(s) are online (313 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Cigarette Lighter
Does it work?

If not, the fuse is hidden… behind the Driver Information Center (DIC) on the 1984-1989, and under the right knee bolster on the ...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

CorvetteBob just ranting ... [PR&C]
Elite Guru
1409 Posts

Instead of emailing this, I'll past it here....

If there were ever anything worth putting on your refrigerator door to daily remind us of what we have to do come November, this is it...

Subject:
Retribution is less than 5 months away!
Take a look at this and just remember elections in November 2010.
U..S. House & Senate have voted themselves $4,700 and $5,300 raises.
They voted to NOT give you a S.S. Cost of living raise in 2010 and 2011.
Your Medicare premiums will go up $285.60 for the 2-years
You will not get the 3% COLA: $660/yr.
Your total 2-yr loss and cost is -$1,600 or -$3,200 for husband and wife.
Over these same 2-years each Congress person will get $10,000
Do you feel SCREWED?
Will they have your cost of drugs - doctor fees - local taxes - food, etc., decrease?
NO WAY.
Congress received a raise and has better health and retirement benefits than you or I.
? Why should they care about you?
? You never did anything about it in the past.
? You obviously are too stupid or don't care.
? Do you really think that Nancy, Harry, Chris, Charlie, Barney et al care about you?
Send the message to these individuals --- ⤽YOU'RE FIRED!â¤
In 2010 you will have a chance to get rid of the sitting Congress: up to 1/3 of the Senate and 100% of the House!
Make sure you're still mad in November 2010 and remind their replacements not to screw-up.
It is ok to forward this to your sphere of influence if you are finally tired of the abuse.
Maybe it's time for Amendment 28 to the Constitution..
"Congress shall make no law that applies to the citizens of the United States that does not apply equally to the Senators or Representatives, and Congress shall make no law that applies to the Senators or Representatives that does not apply equally to the citizens of the United States ."
Let's get this passed around, folks - these people in Washington have brought this upon themselves! It's time for retribution. Let's take back America .
If you don't forward this to all your friends you're just part of the problem of national apathy.
Posted on: 2010/9/16 1:31

bogus Re: just ranting
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

huh? Apathy? oh, yea, I don't care...

Well, I do... and I am more tired of the political infighting, caustic arguing and unreasonable expectations. As far as I am concerned, the tea party is doomed to fail, simply because they won't win enough nationally to actually make a difference, and that means they won't be able to make their rapid changes they want to. "revolution" over.

The key is a long term solution to reset the system back on the right track... And the first step towards that is a much more moderate and less biased approach.
Posted on: 2010/9/16 1:57

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

TommyT-Bone Re: just ranting
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

The entire political system is out of date and out of step with the constituency. Time for a change. I wonder what we could do constitutionally to replace the entire lot with electronic Senators and Congressmen. The input from the voters would force the will of the people. The elected were placed to represent the voice of the people in their region/districts/states. The elected do as they wish, line their pockets and war chests and are a disgrace. Egos abound on the political front. Alliances forged, partisanship based procrastination, philibusters, recesses. It's a crying shame that everything takes sub-comittees, years of rhetoric, pork barrel spending, lack of accounability. Something is seriously amiss. Nothing will ever happen though. The elected officials are the ones that would have to approve it. They're lucky if they can find their seats when in session. As far as the Tea Party goes. Once an idea becomes popular it takes on a power of it's own. Examples are strewn throughout our society. Many of them then are tearing at the moral fiber of this great land. Let freedom ring ......... let freedom reign. We have too many laws and too many regulations to even talk about being a free nation.

Glad I'm not in Cuba. I'd be eating maggot infested rice tomorrow for lunch. Excuse me a minute. There's a couple of guys in black suits and sunglasses knocking on my door.
Posted on: 2010/9/16 2:28

flyboy Re: just ranting
Elite Guru
Westmont, Il.
2632 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Glad I'm not in Cuba. I'd be eating maggot infested rice tomorrow for lunch. Excuse me a minute. There's a couple of guys in black suits and sunglasses knocking on my door.

These guys?
Posted on: 2010/9/16 3:07

TommyT-Bone Re: just ranting
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

flyboy wrote:
Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

These guys?

Who else would it be? LOL
Posted on: 2010/9/16 3:18

JrRifleCoach Re: just ranting
Elite Guru
1524 Posts

Quote:

bogus wrote:
huh? Apathy? oh, yea, I don't care...

The key is a long term solution to reset the system back on the right track...

That all depends, what is your definition of the "Right Track"

"Moderation" is just another word for "tolerance".
And "less biased" can only be achieved when we "all think alike".

Sorry, won't work! We been doing this now for the last what,
fifty years?

Nov 2nd,
Time to take out (all the incumbent) trash.
Posted on: 2010/9/16 4:39

CentralCoaster Re: just ranting ... [PR&C]
Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

Honestly, I don't give a rats ass. What are you going to do about it? You got duped by politicians.

I will NOT depend on social security or medicare or any government-run "benefit". I'll take care of myself and if they only return on even 10% of their promises, I'll take that too.
Posted on: 2010/9/16 5:40

flyboy Re: just ranting ... [PR&C]
Elite Guru
Westmont, Il.
2632 Posts

Quote:

CorvetteBob wrote:
Instead of emailing this, I'll past it here....

If there were ever anything worth putting on your refrigerator door to daily remind us of what we have to do come November, this is it...

Subject:
Retribution is less than 5 months away!
Take a look at this and just remember elections in November 2010.
U..S. House & Senate have voted themselves $4,700 and $5,300 raises.
They voted to NOT give you a S.S. Cost of living raise in 2010 and 2011.
Your Medicare premiums will go up $285.60 for the 2-years
You will not get the 3% COLA: $660/yr.
Your total 2-yr loss and cost is -$1,600 or -$3,200 for husband and wife.
Over these same 2-years each Congress person will get $10,000
Do you feel SCREWED?
Will they have your cost of drugs - doctor fees - local taxes - food, etc., decrease?
NO WAY.
Congress received a raise and has better health and retirement benefits than you or I.
? Why should they care about you?
? You never did anything about it in the past.
? You obviously are too stupid or don't care.
? Do you really think that Nancy, Harry, Chris, Charlie, Barney et al care about you?
Send the message to these individuals --- ⤽YOU'RE FIRED!â¤
In 2010 you will have a chance to get rid of the sitting Congress: up to 1/3 of the Senate and 100% of the House!
Make sure you're still mad in November 2010 and remind their replacements not to screw-up.
It is ok to forward this to your sphere of influence if you are finally tired of the abuse.
Maybe it's time for Amendment 28 to the Constitution..
"Congress shall make no law that applies to the citizens of the United States that does not apply equally to the Senators or Representatives, and Congress shall make no law that applies to the Senators or Representatives that does not apply equally to the citizens of the United States ."
Let's get this passed around, folks - these people in Washington have brought this upon themselves! It's time for retribution. Let's take back America .
If you don't forward this to all your friends you're just part of the problem of national apathy.

The Medicare COLA is based on the CPI. Because of the energy spike in 2008, the raise was 5.8% for 2009. Since prices have dropped below 2008 levels, no raise for 2011.

From what I researched, prescription premiums will go up an average of $1mo. next year but coverage will also improve.

For Medicare part B increase info. see this.
http://www.kff.org/medicare/7912.cfm

Also, congress voted to NOT accept a raise this year. Any raise next year will take place under existing law.

This chain E-mail is flat out full of lies.
http://www.factcheck.org/2010/01/retribution-fabrication/

That said, I'm not real happy with Washington politics.
Posted on: 2010/9/16 12:51

Ultraman Re: just ranting ... [PR&C]
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14739 Posts

I see that a woman backed by Tea Party folks beat someone in a shocker in Delaware I think. People are more pissed off then we think. Of course most of those people live in flyover country that have few votes at election time. It's the east and west coasts, AFL-CIO States and States with a lot of welfare recipiants that will make the call in the end.
Posted on: 2010/9/16 14:19

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

flyboy Re: just ranting ... [PR&C]
Elite Guru
Westmont, Il.
2632 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
I see that a woman backed by Tea Party folks beat someone in a shocker in Delaware I think. People are more pissed off then we think. Of course most of those people live in flyover country that have few votes at election time. It's the east and west coasts, AFL-CIO States and States with a lot of welfare recipiants that will make the call in the end.

Speaking of welfare, 30% of Illinois budget goes to medicaid (health care for po' and uninsured) and the gov. wants to raise the state income tax. Insane.

I don't think McCain realized the damage he would do to his party when he took Palin for a running mate.
Posted on: 2010/9/16 14:34

Vetron87 Re: just ranting ... [PR&C]
Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

I think the TEA Party will probably evolve into a special interest group at some point in time. Democrats around here are taking note of the countries disapproval of the current policies. 13 trillion in debt and China holds the purse strings and the foot against the neck of America. I read in a trade journal that a Chinese firm bought out Milwaukee tools...so the only American made power electric tool company is Makita. Skil was bought by Bosch
The problem is as I see it is the vast majority of minorities are happy with the current policies! where an overwhelming majority of white America wants change back to conservative less spending and less government. The haves and the have not. Valves and morals will be challenged in many elections.
Posted on: 2010/9/16 14:37

Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

The tea party has become the trendy new sounding board for the republican party. It has no integrity, and is full of hypocrisy.

I'd like to be proven wrong, time will tell.
Posted on: 2010/9/16 14:46

JrRifleCoach Re: just ranting ... [PR&C]
Elite Guru
1524 Posts

Quote:

CentralCoaster wrote:
The tea party has become the trendy new sounding board for the republican party. It has no integrity, and is full of hypocrisy.

Where do you get your information?
You must be watching TV and eating dinner to the evening news.

Tea Party - A national uprising of the silent majority. Mostly based on conservative values, to include lots of moderates that understand Washington is not listening to the voters anymore. A party that has gained enough momentum to influence the out comes of elections. A party that both elephants and jackasses alike will come to hate.

Washington has no integrity, and is full of hypocrisy.
Posted on: 2010/9/16 15:45

rklessdriver Re: just ranting
Senior Guru
Woodbridge, VA
1318 Posts

Just my opinion mind you but - The problem with the "Moderate" approach is that what qualifies as moderate today is far too liberal.... Regan screwed everybody back in the 80's with his "Big Tent" approach to politics. He allowed liberals to cloak themselves in the Republican party and use it gain power for themselves to the point that they are todays powerbrokers in the GOP.

Now they feel threatened. And they should. The GOP and Dems have corrupted the political process in the US from the begining. They have controled who runs for office and therefore who gets to lead. These Tea Party canidates are putting some real "company men" out on the street and placing unwanted attention on many others.

Quote:
"No integrity, and full of hypocrisy..."
Indeed. No doubt in mind that the Tea Party canidates are as flawed and (eventually will be as) corrupt as any politican.... However they have a platform I personally agree with and IF they get elected and then turn around, become the company man and betray it, I'll call them out as scum and vote against them next time just as fast.

People like Mike Castle and Arlen Spector on the other hand are just OLD SCHOOL SCUM. Republican my ass. These turds could be Pelosi's idelogical twin. They deserve to get smacked out on the street and one did last night. The other ran away like a little bitch when his "legacy" was threatened... Again just my opinion but - F your legacy you little punk bitch.

Maybe the majority of the whole damn nation is happy with turning the US into a social welfare and quasi police state. I've been all over the world and seen what it's like out there. Personally I think it's a crappy way to live and I'm ready to throw out every so called "Republican" in office that voted for the Patriot Act, Stimlus Act, ect and anyone who continues to spend a nickle on this farce of a "drug" war which is propogating one hell of a border crisis that they will only pay lip service too....

We will know after November if any of these "radical right wing" (MSNBC speak for Tea Party canidates) can win in a general election. If they do I at least can think the majority here will not trade their freedom for "welfare". In November we will see what kind of men we will be.
Will
Posted on: 2010/9/16 15:45

1972 Corvette. LS5 454 BBC with M20 4 speed.
Best Pass - Doing good to just pass a gas station.

Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

Quote:

JrRifleCoach wrote:

Tea Party - A national uprising of the silent majority. Mostly based on conservative values, to include lots of moderates that understand Washington is not listening to the voters anymore. A party that has gained enough momentum to influence the out comes of elections. A party that both elephants and jackasses alike will come to hate.

Sorry, I tried to like it, I really did. I think the tea party is still the lesser of 3 evils, but is so chock full of idiots that they are their own worst enemy IMO.

What I've come to realize, is that if you don't have a group led by a demagogue to prey on people's emotions and prejudices, then you don't have votes.

Tea Party ≠ Libertarianism
Posted on: 2010/9/16 23:56

Ultraman Re: just ranting ... [PR&C]
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14739 Posts

I agree that the Tea Party bunch can be branded radicals if they are not careful. If they split the party then it does not do anybody any good. I remember a time when the republicans had the house, senate and the presidency. Eight years later here we are. Reform from the same old thing may need some radicals!
Posted on: 2010/9/17 1:23

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

I guess I'm just disappointed as it seemed like a grassroots libertarian movement at first, but it morphed into something else. And I can't stomach Sarah Palin at all. It's now basically what the republican party used to claim to be, ie, pro-capitalism, anti-tax, Christian-based, pro-life, pro-defense (offense), anti-gay/muslim/etc.

Tea Party = Republicans
Dem Party = Democrats
Rep Party = Democrat/RINO

I agree, that splitting the Rep party is counter productive, like Ross Perot. I feel that if this group would embrace some more libertarian ideas, they would attract more independents and disgruntled democrats. That would make it a legitimate 3rd party and not just a spoiler for the GOP (and therefore an enemy of the GOP).

It would be very interesting how many could be pulled from the democratic party if there were a clear stance against pre-emptive military action and nation-building, and a clear stance in support of individual freedoms, like freedom of worship and mosque-builing, freedom of packing fudge, etc.
Posted on: 2010/9/17 2:17

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.