Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
261 user(s) are online (231 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  C3
Abbreviation for the 3rd generation of Corvettes built from 1968-1982....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

TommyT-Bone Saturday Chat 01.08.11
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Happy Saturday everyone. I see Andy has been busy trying new fonts and colors,so, what the hell. Might as well try condensing some of the subject matter while we're at it. Looks like I'll go transfer a few loads of trees today, work on the cars a bit to make them pretty and that will be more than enough for me. Doing my best to live each day well. Well, at least live each day. Seeya
Posted on: 2011/1/8 12:20
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Ultraman Re: Saturday Chat 01.08.11
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14746 Posts

Morning Guru's! Tommy good to see you are up and getting ready to sieze the day. I've got a men's breakfast at the Church this morning or I would still be snoozing.

I woke up about 5:00 am thinking about stuff. My oldest daughter who lives out in L.A. is going to get married this coming fall so there is a lot of things got to happen before then. Nice Kid she is engaged to, wants to go to Med school. That can't be all bad.

Tonight I may take my bride out to eat and then go see True Grit. That sounds like a good evening to me! Have a good day off guys!
Posted on: 2011/1/8 12:43

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Matatk Re: Saturday Chat 01.08.11
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

A chilly Saturday morning here. The weatherman has called for some flurries throughout the day, but probably little accumulation if any. Still, the 20* weather isn't too appealing.

My buddy informed me there is a local half marathon coming up on May 1st. That means if I sign up I need to start training....like now. Holy cow, really? Yup. I need to get the mileage back up there. Taking off a few months in the winter can be killer. I might sign up and just do a few casual runs before the weather gets nicer, then really dig deep. Not sure yet. Wife thinks I'm crazy. Well, maybe a little.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2011/1/8 12:46

TommyT-Bone Re: Saturday Chat 01.08.11
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:
Taking off a few months in the winter can be killer. Wife thinks I'm crazy.

That makes two of us.
Posted on: 2011/1/8 12:55

BillH Re: Saturday Chat 01.08.11
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

I've mentioned before how much I respect the contractor pros who built my house.

When you install an exhaust hood/fan over your stove, you need to pull wiring up to that location thru a 1/2 0r 3/4 inch hole in the drywall, right???

Attach file:

jpg  2006-03-11 18-58-49_0002.JPG (0.00 KB)

Posted on: 2011/1/8 13:28

teebee Re: Saturday Chat 01.08.11
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12367 Posts

Morning guys.....Bill, they just are trying to make it work!!! Middle grandson has a b-ball game today. We will leave in about 30 minutes. It really ruins a Saturday. Tomorrow I'm supposed to go to a mens group activity about 2 1/2 hours north of here. It appears that the weather is going to get a bit nasty for that. I sure hope they call it off.
Posted on: 2011/1/8 15:18

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

pianoguy Re: Saturday Chat 01.08.11
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

So far Tommy is trying to kill what's left of my eyes, Matt's bitching about it being 18 degrees warmer where he is, and Bill is criticizing my handiwork. At least I don't have an impending wedding to pay for like Marcus. Gotta find something to do that doesn't involve sticking my nose outdoors - should't be too hard.

Have a good day, everybody!
Posted on: 2011/1/8 15:47

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

biggrizzly Re: Saturday Chat 01.08.11
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

I slept in today! Yeah! The dog did get me up at 5 to let him out but I got to get back under the covers for a few more zzzzzzs after that.

Some snow on the ground this morning again but not much. Looks like another gloomy winter day.

I plan to stop by my engine builder later today and drop off my pan and see what he is up to. This morning he said he had my block on the milling machine so that is a sign of progress. Now that he is started I suspect another four weeks or until I get the balance of the money to pay him. Whichever comes first! LOL

Pete - if you are looking in today... I am dropping of the package at the Post Office today with the Piston and two pins you requested. I think I got a good price on those. The pins were $20 each and the piston was $22

Bill - looks like they punched a hole with their fist! Don't ya love it.
Posted on: 2011/1/8 15:53

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

pianoguy wrote:
So far Tommy is trying to kill what's left of my eyes, Matt's bitching about it being 18 degrees warmer where he is, and Bill is criticizing my handiwork. At least I don't have an impending wedding to pay for like Marcus. Gotta find something to do that doesn't involve sticking my nose outdoors - should't be too hard.

Have a good day, everybody!

And to make it worse Brad, my C4's warming up outside to go for a little cruise to Lowe's.
Posted on: 2011/1/8 15:59

Huskerland
14746 Posts

Geez Bill, what did they use to make that hole, an M80? Yes my big Vette plans for the winter may get trimmed down some with the event coming up. We gave her a number we were willing to kick in and the rest is up to them.

I do know a wedding is like a C4, you can throw any amount of money in the world at it.
Posted on: 2011/1/8 17:22

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

I'm back from Lowe's. Since I made matters worse for Brad, I'll make it a bit better, I'm getting ready to stick my arm up a filthy, greasy 7 inch vent pipe that was above my range hood spraying oven cleaner. I get to stand there while grease and chemicals run down on my head.
Posted on: 2011/1/8 17:27

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Quote:

BillH wrote:
I'm back from Lowe's. Since I made matters worse for Brad, I'll make it a bit better, I'm getting ready to stick my arm up a filthy, greasy 7 inch vent pipe that was above my range hood spraying oven cleaner. I get to stand there while grease and chemicals run down on my head.

That's more like it. Don't snort that stuff ;-)
Posted on: 2011/1/8 18:26

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

bogus Re: Saturday Chat 01.08.11
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Happy Saturday everyone. I see Andy has been busy trying new fonts and colors,so, what the hell. Might as well try condensing some of the subject matter while we're at it. Looks like I'll go transfer a few loads of trees today, work on the cars a bit to make them pretty and that will be more than enough for me. Doing my best to live each day well. Well, at least live each day. Seeya

I was asked to make them 20~30% smaller. That's 20% smaller... should I aim for 30?

It's all about experimenting. And I guess I should have stopped experimenting with small things.
Posted on: 2011/1/8 18:46

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

bogus Re: Saturday Chat 01.08.11
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Today? bmwgsa is stopping over. And I must go to the e-recycle place today.

Thems the highlights. If I make it to the U-Pick-It lot, even better.
Posted on: 2011/1/8 18:47

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

One of the guys on the e-cig forum had this link in his sig - kind of a cool Beatles fan site:

http://beatlesnumber9.com/
Posted on: 2011/1/8 18:51

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

pianoguy wrote:
Quote:

BillH wrote:

That's more like it. Don't snort that stuff ;-)

Gawd, that was freekin' gross. It was like cleaning the down pipe from a baby daycare center.

It burns when it hits your face, too.

At least I have plenty of oven cleaner left to degrease engine blocks.
Posted on: 2011/1/8 19:24

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Posted on: 2011/1/8 19:36

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Yea, the congresswomen" in critical condition.

They just announced that the gunman's in custody, should just blown him away.
Posted on: 2011/1/8 20:15

joeld Re: Saturday Chat 01.08.11
Guru
Lawrenceville Ga
718 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
Geez Bill, what did they use to make that hole, an M80? Yes my big Vette plans for the winter may get trimmed down some with the event coming up. We gave her a number we were willing to kick in and the rest is up to them.

I do know a wedding is like a C4, you can throw any amount of money in the world at it.

I feel your pain on this. With my daughter several years ago I spent more on just her dress than I did on the first ten cars I owned! But, I'd do it again I'm sure.
Good luck with the wedding!

Joel
Posted on: 2011/1/8 20:40

teebee Re: Saturday Chat 01.08.11
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12367 Posts

Glad I don't have to worry about that anymore Marcus. I went through that with three daughters.... Each time we told them how much we were going to throw in and the rest was up to them. Two of the three did the whole wedding for what we said we would give them, the third went above and beyond, which was fine that's what they wanted.

Bill, that has to be one of the worst jobs to do, gross crap up those pipes.

My mens group activity for tomorrow has been postponed until March, whewwwww I'm glad.

The GS won his game today and they played a 5th quarter, he scored the "winning" basket with about 10 seconds to play. It was worth a million $$$$ to see the look on his face. He told us afterward, "I was trying not to smile after I made that shot." Yea he tried, but didn't succeed.
Posted on: 2011/1/8 21:34

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Congrats to your grandson, Tom!

I just noticed that it's going to be a balmy -24 overnight. The weather should be arrested for trying to kill us.
Posted on: 2011/1/9 1:55

flyboy Re: Saturday Chat 01.08.11
Elite Guru
Westmont, Il.
2632 Posts

Quote:

pianoguy wrote:
Lunatics on the loose in Arizona

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/01/08/a ... ndex.html?hpt=T1&iref=BN1

WTF!
Posted on: 2011/1/9 2:03

Huskerland
14746 Posts

TeeBee I would have loved to see the look on your face. Give him an Atta boy, from us.

We just had a kid who got suspended from high school in Omaha for driving on the football field and doing damage to it, walk in and shoot the assistant principle with his Dad's glock and then shot the principle as he came to her aid. Assistant principle was killed the principle is in critical. The kids Dad is a detective on the police force. The kid then went for a drive and ended his short and miserable life. What is up with that?
Posted on: 2011/1/9 4:47

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.