Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
217 user(s) are online (120 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  D44
This references the rear differential.

The D36 was the smaller unit. Used on all 1984 Corvettes, and all automatic Corvettes after that.

The ...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

jonszr1 what i found out about my ASR
Senior Guru
Lone Pine, CA
453 Posts

. i was over at bill bs aka the zf doc . who blueprints the zf trans and brings trannys to a new level. i was sharing that the car still didnt pull strong after 6500 rpms . bills budy greg said lets ck the asr. we found that i was only getting 85% throttle . greg shared that when ever you disconnect the throttle cable on an asr car you must redjust the asr which controls wide open throttle . i did some gtech testing on my favorite back road when i got home and found that the car is 3 tenths quicker and 2.1 miles an hr quicker in the 1/4. i use the gtech at the strip as well as on my back road tuning strip to ck my changes . when you have this little beauty adjusted right it is very close to your et slips .mine is within .05 and 1/3of a mile an hr of my et slips . i can hardly wait for the next fontana t and t . so if your asr vet seems a little off ck the asr before doing anything else.
Posted on: 2011/1/22 17:48
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

pianoguy Re: what i found out about my ASR
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Interesting! I'll have to add that to my to-do list, as I've had the TB off several times.
Posted on: 2011/1/22 18:37

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

bogus Re: what i found out about my ASR
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

interesting. I will check mine, too!

THANKS!!!!
Posted on: 2011/1/22 20:39

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

Weavsvet Re: what i found out about my ASR
Senior Guru
446 Posts

This is interesting.

I could care less about my ASR and to be honest I have no idea on how to adjust it even after looking at the FSM. Can the damn thing just be unplugged at the track and get the same results?
Posted on: 2011/1/24 11:59
1996 Corvette Coupe,AFR 195 street Eliminators,Edelbrock LT4 Air Gap intake manifold,9.5" 2800 stall,TPIS LT headers,Bullet 226/230.565.565/111 lsa cam,1.7 Scorpion rr's,EWP, X Pipe, Stock Exhaust,Elec.Cutouts,Dana 44/3.45, Tune by Wester's Garage

biggrizzly Re: what i found out about my ASR
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

This is a great point about the ASR. I found this to be the case also when installing my new Professional Products TB a couple years ago.

It's pretty easy to adjust. I'll have to look again, but there are a couple different designs of ASR couplings and depending on which will make a difference when making the adjustment. The FSM will show the process, but I found a good write-up some time ago on the forum about this.

When I get home later I'll try to dig up my old research.
Posted on: 2011/1/24 14:17

flyboy Re: what i found out about my ASR
Elite Guru
Westmont, Il.
2632 Posts

ASR? Is that something on the newer cars? Greek to me.
Posted on: 2011/1/24 14:27

jonszr1 Re: what i found out about my ASR
Senior Guru
Lone Pine, CA
453 Posts

yes its on the 92 and up car, its a basic system of traction control. i have owned my 92 zr1 for 3 years and allways wondered why after putting headers and new injectors in her why she didnt pull hard above 6300-6500 rpms , just wrote it off to....... then one day looking thru the fsm . and poof the answer became aparent . feel a little stupid i didnt ck it way sooner .guess its old age .lol
Posted on: 2011/1/24 17:43
i have a blast playing with my 4 babies 2 zr1s and 2 mustangs 68 coupe with a jon bennit 408 art car fully rollered c4 with a gearvendors over drive .88 mustang built by my kids with a ported lt5 and a bill boudreau blue printed zf 6 spd. with these 4 ...

j3studio Re: what i found out about my ASR
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4247 Posts

Quote:

flyboy wrote:
ASR? Is that something on the newer cars? Greek to me.

Posted on: 2011/1/24 18:23

Tre57 Re: what i found out about my ASR
Senior Guru
Portland, OR
104 Posts

So it sounds like turning the ASR off with the button on the dash still limits the throttle input if the cable is not calibrated correctly???
Posted on: 2011/1/24 18:56

biggrizzly Re: what i found out about my ASR
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

Quote:

Tre57 wrote:
So it sounds like turning the ASR off with the button on the dash still limits the throttle input if the cable is not calibrated correctly???

Yes - you are correct, but its not electronic and it will limit the travel 100% of the time. ASR does some other things too, like retard timing.

The ASR is connected directly to the throttle cable and when employed will reduce throttle as needed during low traction events. IIRC from my adjustment on mine, If not properly adjusted at the cable there will be too much slack in the throttle cable keeping it from opening the throttle blades completely at WOT
Posted on: 2011/1/24 19:14

Senior Guru
Portland, OR
104 Posts

Great info, thanks!
Posted on: 2011/1/24 20:27

tjpreul Re: what i found out about my ASR
Elite Guru
Columbia, MO
1103 Posts

So how exactly do you adjust the ASR?
Posted on: 2011/4/13 13:29

'92 auto, MSD, Banski, Taylor wires, SS lines, C5 rims, 3.07 gears, white gauges, seats from a '96.

Motor: Forged rotating assy, Probe pistons, CC valvetrain, AFR heads, Procharger P1SC

bogus Re: what i found out about my ASR
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

It's in the FSM, actually. It requires a torque wrench and a drill bit... after that, my memory gets fuzzy.

I will be doing this tomorrow... after which, I should be able to describe the process.
Posted on: 2011/4/13 16:37

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

SpectatorRacing Re: what i found out about my ASR
Elite Guru
1721 Posts

LOL all of a sudden there is a gaggle C4's that just got faster...
Posted on: 2011/4/13 19:15

RickAnthony Re: what i found out about my ASR
ASE Master Certified
Downers Grove, IL
703 Posts

Quote:

biggrizzly wrote:
Quote:

Tre57 wrote:

Yes - you are correct, but its not electronic and it will limit the travel 100% of the time. ASR does some other things too, like retard timing.

The ASR is connected directly to the throttle cable and when employed will reduce throttle as needed during low traction events. IIRC from my adjustment on mine, If not properly adjusted at the cable there will be too much slack in the throttle cable keeping it from opening the throttle blades completely at WOT

Exactly, it's like having slack in the cable and it doesn't allow the throttle body to open to 100%.. this is def. an over looked issue... I remmember having to adjust it on minewhen I installed my BBK throttle body..
Posted on: 2011/4/14 3:31
RickAnthonyMotorsports.NET

Senior Guru
Portland, OR
104 Posts

Just finished performing the adjustment proceedure (3 times actually). With the pedal pressed firmly to the floor, I can still open the throttle blades a tiny bit (prob less than .125") more by hand.
Posted on: 2011/4/14 23:37

Senior Guru
Lone Pine, CA
453 Posts

Quote:

Tre57 wrote:
up it sure did in my case
Posted on: 2011/4/15 5:00

Senior Guru
Lone Pine, CA
453 Posts

Quote:

Tre57 wrote:
Just finished performing the adjustment proceedure (3 times actually). With the pedal pressed firmly to the floor, I can still open the throttle blades a tiny bit (prob less than .125") more by hand.
ck to make sure that the little thingy that slide into the throttle body is all the way in , mine was kinked ever so slightly
Posted on: 2011/4/15 5:01

Senior Guru
Portland, OR
104 Posts

Quote:

ck to make sure that the little thingy that slide into the throttle body is all the way in , mine was kinked ever so slightly

Thanks, I will do that.
Posted on: 2011/4/15 6:44

Elite Guru
Columbia, MO
1103 Posts

Hopefully this made a difference. The reset connection from the pedal was not snapped together, and I don't think it slid when adjusting. I was able to press the reset and slide it back together. I did the adjustment process twice, it was the same both times. It is hitting WOT, but won't be able to drive it until Thursday.
Posted on: 2011/4/20 3:23

'92 auto, MSD, Banski, Taylor wires, SS lines, C5 rims, 3.07 gears, white gauges, seats from a '96.

Motor: Forged rotating assy, Probe pistons, CC valvetrain, AFR heads, Procharger P1SC

Steve40th Re: what i found out about my ASR
Elite Guru
1114 Posts

Lesson learned on ASR. Do it exactly as the FSM says. When you adjust on 92/93's you are also adjusting your TV cable. This is critical for your automatic transmission fluid pressure and for the life of the transmission.
I did my adjustment many times when I did the transmission rebuild/reinstall. It was off a bit. How I found out was I did the adjustment with the transmission pan off. According to Dana at Probuilt, it wasnt right. I had to adjust it a little more so the TV valve was open at full throttle, which ensures proper pressure in the tranny. I think the cable was a little stretched, maybe.
Posted on: 2011/4/20 7:51

Elite Guru
Columbia, MO
1103 Posts

Well it made a difference for the shiftpoints. It is a lot easier to get to kick down at highway speeds. Before I had to give it a good push. On the other hand it doesn't hold in first as long as it used to without a load.
Posted on: 2011/4/24 20:34

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.