Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
238 user(s) are online (125 user(s) are browsing Forums)

cor123, more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Collector Edition
RPO Z15.

1996 only.

Silver with black, red or grey interior.

LT1/A4 or LT4/ZF6....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Wednesday Chat 03.02.11
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Well, although you guys may not notice, I have been doing my job already! Spent some time cleaning up some old spam posts that are tucked away throughout the site and getting rid of a bunch of junk spam sign ups. We moderators are dedicated to the needs of CG

I'm actually glad to be going back to work today. Taking care of the kids for a few days really takes it out of ya It'll be nice to talk to grown ups instead of a 2 year old...although based on some of the grown ups I know, the conversation with the 2 year old was better. Go figure.

Didn't get a chance to box up my injectors properly yesterday, no real time to myself. I'll try to knock that out later.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2011/3/2 12:37

TommyT-Bone Re: Wednesday Chat 03.02.11
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33766 Posts

Pay bills, give a dog a bath and Frontline flea and tick treatment. Hope to start working on car detailing. 4 cars ...... Too much to do in one day. I'm gonna try to do one a day. Do one well then move on to the next. They all need complete detail jobs. Getting tired just thinking about it.
Posted on: 2011/3/2 12:53
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

BillH Re: Wednesday Chat 03.02.11
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Coffee......I need coffee.

Made in USA

The Maytag repairman was here last night, scheduled for 12:00 to 5:00 p.m. , showed up at 5:15.
Need a circuit board for the micro - takes 10 days.

I waiting for the Maytag repairman this morning for the dishwasher.

Could the repair company make it one trip to look at 2 appliances? F no.
The online service scheduling gives you 3, 800 nombers to call on their web site and in the confirmation email.
Guess where they all go----- Yea, right back to the scheduling computer which has no option to talk to "Mike" in India.

And we bitch about Chinese products.
Posted on: 2011/3/2 13:04

JeffK Re: Wednesday Chat 03.02.11
Elite Guru
High Point, NC
1440 Posts

I think you have a good case for False advertisement Bill.

Doctors appoinment for Jason this afternoon so I will be cutting out of work early. Yah!
Another afternoon spent with the Ex...BOO!

I'm actually jealous Tommy, I'd love to just spend my day detailing cars. Too bad there's not good money it in, I would make a career change.
Posted on: 2011/3/2 13:25

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33766 Posts

Quote:

JeffK wrote:
I'm actually jealous Tommy, I'd love to just spend my day detailing cars. Too bad there's not good money it in, I would make a career change.

WORK is a four letter word. So is PLAY for that matter .....
Posted on: 2011/3/2 13:32

Ultraman Re: Wednesday Chat 03.02.11
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14752 Posts

Good morning! Matt, good work so far, Wow! Impressive! Bill the pride you must have to follow in Tommy's footsteps, unbelievable. Now if you just had appliences that would work this would be like a dream for you I'm sure.

My head cold has turned out to be hay fever and it's kicking my ass right now. It's the ceder tree and evergreen tree pollen that does it every year at this time. I ran out of Allegra-D's so having to get some more quick. We are leaving today for Phoenix and I do hope it is warmer there because it is only 10 degrees here and there is wind chill on top of that yet.

I will check back in when we get back, have a good week everyone and congrats again to Matt and Bill I enjoy your posts and have learned a lot from you both. Thanks
Posted on: 2011/3/2 14:15

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

teebee Re: Wednesday Chat 03.02.11
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12372 Posts

Morning guys....I've been real busy again today. It's cold and we have freezing fog right now. It's supposed to clear off and get into the upper 50's later.

Marcus, you have a good time and enjoy the warmer weather down there in AZ. Matt, Tommy and Bill, Moderation and Administration is a job, just trying to keep track of what is going on is time consuming. Jeff, enjoy your day with the EX. Bill, isn't it a beatch? Buying what you think is quality, then finding out it's no better than other stuff out there. And we wonder why people buy stuff from China, India, Japan, Korea and a multitude of other places.
Posted on: 2011/3/2 16:16

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33766 Posts

I can't even stick to my own plan. Washed and microfiber towel dried 4 cars. I'm gonna check them all out and work the interiors one by one. Mainly condition the leather and wipe down the plastic. Maybe wash a few carpets and top off the fluids. A quick vac and they should be good to go after a little detail spray and window cleaning. If I'm lucky I'll finish up by suppertime.

Attach file:

jpg  backache.jpg (130.16 KB)
852_4d6e6f7231502.jpg 426X282 px
Posted on: 2011/3/2 16:22

CentralCoaster Re: Wednesday Chat 03.02.11
Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

Getting ready to take the motorcycle back to the shop for the 4th time. I've ridden it a grand total of 5 miles since buying it back from guy I sold it to. Same bike that ran flawlessly before that then sat for one year.

Contemplating whether to waste my time with this jerkoff, do it myself, or go somewhere else.

Tommy, half my shit doesn't even run. Conditioning the interior might happen next year, if I'm lucky. Vette has a failed voltage regulator I think. 18 volts fried the digital dash and the keyless entry. Thank you quick start for the $200 alternator "CS144 upgrade" that lasted 4 months. The oem one was in there for 20 years without an issue.Resized Image
Posted on: 2011/3/2 16:53

teebee Re: Wednesday Chat 03.02.11
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12372 Posts

Hey guys, I hope that you are having a great day... I really think that the weatherman has his head up his a$$. There is no way we are going to hit mid 50's today. As a matter of fact, they readjusted the high today from 55 to 28 about mid morning. What tools.....
Posted on: 2011/3/2 19:21

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

biggrizzly Re: Wednesday Chat 03.02.11
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

Good afternoon guys... This has been a really busy week so far. I took the wife for a biopsy this morning. She had two previous inconclusive mammograms and then the doctor decided yesterday to do a biopsy. She is a little nervous about the whole thing but the doctor seemed pretty sure its a routine benign fibrous mass of some kind. Let's just cross our fingers and be positive! I like to always think the glass is half full!

Other than that all is quiet and I have a ton of stuff to do for my "day job" and my "car job". I bought the heat shielding materials to cover the the transmission tunnel and foot wells yesterday. I hope I get the time this weekend to do that. I'm also hoping to have enough cash left over to buy a set of four single adjustable Koni Sport shocks and a 32mm front sway bar. We will see how it all pans out.

Chat later. Have a good day
Posted on: 2011/3/2 19:38

Matatk Re: Wednesday Chat 03.02.11
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Good luck to the wife, Don!

Matthew
Posted on: 2011/3/3 3:59

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33766 Posts

Sounds like the Dr is taking precautions. Better safe than sorry. Early detection means alot. Woman do get lumps and that does not automatically mean cancer. My wife had several removed a few years back. Biopsy came back negative. I usually view that glass either full or empty.
Posted on: 2011/3/3 4:09

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.