Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
280 user(s) are online (256 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Callaway
A builder of special edition Corvettes.

Very valuable, some exceed 6-figures.

Most notable is the B2K, 1987-1991....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

TommyT-Bone Saturday Chat 03.26.11
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Good morning.
We were outbid on the property we were interested in. There is always the possibility that the deal could fall through on the appraisal/financing side. We'll have to wait and see. The property is located across from the acre we recently purchased. I was thinking of posting a couple of signs on the fence of the nursery between now and the closing just for the hell of it. Afterall there's radiation everywhere and we have biohazardous horse shit. Maybe I could have the guys wear masks and gloves for the next few weeks when they work over there. Give the new buyers something to think about.

Attach file:

jpg  warning 1.jpg (78.79 KB)
852_4d8dccf89e8ee.jpg 714X912 px

jpg  warning 2.jpg (18.21 KB)
852_4d8dcd07468da.jpg 300X360 px
Posted on: 2011/3/26 11:28
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

TommyT-Bone Re: Saturday Chat 03.26.11
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Wood is flammable.

Attach file:

jpg  Flammable.jpg (42.23 KB)
852_4d8dd04fa18fd.jpg 418X425 px
Posted on: 2011/3/26 11:39

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

C'est la vie. One door closes another door opens. I'm gonna have to go find out what's behind door number two. Nothing is ever easy. Is it.
Posted on: 2011/3/26 11:44

BillH Re: Saturday Chat 03.26.11
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Good morning.
We were outbid on the property we were interested in.

That absolutely sucks, T.

Guess it's like Craig's List, to try and get a good deal can be frustrating.

Personally, I think those realtors owe you some $$$$ just for putting up with their egos.
Posted on: 2011/3/26 12:37

biggrizzly Re: Saturday Chat 03.26.11
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

Tommy, really does suck... Better luck on the next option. What is a shame is that property was adjacent to yours... is that correct? Hard to find another one of those.

I took a few minutes this morning to install the rear shocks... holy crap, the old ones were so bad I could compress them with little effort and they would NOT rebound. The rears were some cheap Monroe Sensa Tracs or something like that. I stuck them on there in a hurry a long time ago because the existing Bilstien puked oil over the garage floor.

I'm hoping to get some more quality time with the car today. I was listening to some Dolly Parton music and I think an appropriate name for my Corvette is Jolene!

Posted on: 2011/3/26 12:57

teebee Re: Saturday Chat 03.26.11
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12367 Posts

Morning guys....Tommy, that's the way it goes sometimes. I hope that things will work out for you. The fricking Realtor sucks though.

Not much planned for today, a soccer game, a hair cut and a little shopping @ HF.

I hope the rest of you have a great day.
Posted on: 2011/3/26 13:01

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Matatk Re: Saturday Chat 03.26.11
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22804 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Got a whole morning of chores planned. Working around the house, tinkering with the cars, etc. My cousin is supposed to stop over and BS while I work on the cars and give me a hand. Maybe my wife will leave with the kids and make it a really nice morning....hmmm...

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2011/3/26 13:08

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:
Tommy, that's the way it goes sometimes..

Geez Louise ........ You sound like me.

Actually Don, your wife should be calling the car Jolene.
I'm not a big fan of naming cars per se. I call them by there plate. Fly Baby, Go Baby, Tommy T and Fastie but Jolene has a good ring to it. You should see if you can get a specialty tag. I had my hand in the tags of the first 3 My wife and her friend at the tag office picked FASTIE. I said why the hell didn't you call and ask me what I thought. F'n women ................

JOLENE
Posted on: 2011/3/26 13:31

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Here's a nice email we got.

Hi Susan,

I hope you are doing well and feeling ok.
The movie that you supplied nearly all the plants for, Mildred Pierce, will be on HBO this Sunday,
so I hope you will be watching
Posted on: 2011/3/26 13:46

CadillacTech Re: Saturday Chat 03.26.11
Senior Guru
Indiana
132 Posts

Quote:

biggrizzly wrote:
Tommy, really does suck... Better luck on the next option. What is a shame is that property was adjacent to yours... is that correct? Hard to find another one of those.

I took a few minutes this morning to install the rear shocks... holy crap, the old ones were so bad I could compress them with little effort and they would NOT rebound. The rears were some cheap Monroe Sensa Tracs or something like that. I stuck them on there in a hurry a long time ago because the existing Bilstien puked oil over the garage floor.

I'm hoping to get some more quality time with the car today. I was listening to some Dolly Parton music and I think an appropriate name for my Corvette is Jolene!

I think Jolene is a great name for your car.
Posted on: 2011/3/26 13:53

Ultraman Re: Saturday Chat 03.26.11
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14743 Posts

Nuts Tommy! I know you guys wanted that ground. If I lived closer me and some of the boys could show up on our hawgs and do a weekend pig roast thing. Kindof a mini Sturgis with a loud band and some dancers. That might give the new owners something to think about.

Or maybe these folks will turn out to be good friends down the road. Who knows. I do know that realators are not our friends.

Well it's snowing on and off and no header appeared like they promised. Imagine that! I have other work to do like pull out the fuel pump and do some things different on it now that I jumped through all Racetronix hoops to get the instructions. I sent the link to Matt and he is working on getting it on his how to install a fuel pump thread.

Don that's a good name. I just don't think of my car as feminin. It's a mans car and I want a name to go with that. Like Millenium Falcon, the Falcon, now there is a good name but Lucas stole it so I have to keep looking. If my car was black I would call it Crow, because it's black and it flys. I'll keep looking. Maybe the Gray Ghost....Hummmmmmm. It will no doubt end up Old Gray, like I have Old Green, and Lil Red, and Old White.

I'm rambling now, have a good day off guys.
Posted on: 2011/3/26 14:31

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Just picked up the 90. All the cars are back home now. New condenser and compressor manifold gasket. Nice cold A/C. A must for So Florida. Hell, it's already getting hot outside. One of the Vettes is gonna get a nice long cruise soon. Not today though. I have stuff (work) that needs to be done. I'm out the door ..... See ya!
Posted on: 2011/3/26 15:06

pianoguy Re: Saturday Chat 03.26.11
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

That blows about the house, Tommy! Good idea with the signs - maybe just hang out there wearing a haz-mat suit for a while. Meanwhile, go for a drive in your 90 and enjoy the A/C.

Gonna get something done on the Vette today, just haven't decided what. I had a strange sensation this morning - I got up, grabbed my cup of coffee and headed out to the garage to have a cigarette. Haven't made that move in about 16 months. As soon as I stepped into the garage, I thought, "WTF?!" Old habits die hard.

Have a good day, all!
Posted on: 2011/3/26 16:05

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

I am foreclosing on a couple houses today. Mice invaded my shed and built condominiums in the 2 boxes that housed my Corsa exhaust system (one of the projects on my to-do list), so I am evicting them. Too much fun! :-P
Posted on: 2011/3/26 17:20

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

BillH Re: Saturday Chat 03.26.11
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

pianoguy wrote:
I am foreclosing on a couple houses today. Mice invaded my shed and built condominiums in the 2 boxes that housed my Corsa exhaust system (one of the projects on my to-do list), so I am evicting them. Too much fun! :-P

Berrer than in your car.

Attach file:

jpg  mouse.jpg (0.00 KB)

jpg  Mouse-Convertible.jpg (0.00 KB)

Posted on: 2011/3/26 17:25

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Posted on: 2011/3/26 19:32

Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22804 Posts

Don - I think you should name your car Jethro Tull

Tommy - too bad about the deal falling through. I know you were interested in it, but think of all the money you'll be saving!

I had an interesting morning. Went downstairs to do the blower motor. Pull the panels off and start pulling off wires, vacuum lines, etc. Not too much work to get it out. 4 screws and it's off. I pull it out of the furnace and water starts pouring all over the floor...a lot of water. WTF? The whole motor was filled with it. Wait, is this a water pump, or a blower motor? Do a little more digging, the rubber vent connection is full of water, too, as is the exchanger inside the furnace. I started getting a bit worried. I tried to look online, there was zero information on this. Then I found one old post on a furnace website stating you should clean the blower vent tube once a season. I blew through it and tons of crap started blowing out. It was clogged. Probably for a long time, too. I washed it out, blew compressed air through the furnace and opened up a drain valve inside the furnace exchanger. Lots of water. I checked the vent, it was not clogged, so that is good. Just the one clogged drain caused all kinds of problems. After about an hour, I buttoned everything back up and fired it up. Success. Heat was at 75* almost instantly with the call for heat at 73. Now it's set to 71 and comfortable, doesn't appear to be any more fluctuations. I'm happy.

After that I changed the oil in my wife's car and tinkered with mine. I'll make a post about that later

Matthew
Posted on: 2011/3/26 19:57

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Glad you got it straightened out Matt. Water in the furnace? YOW!

My heating system didn't work two seasons ago so I opened a connections box and the hot wires had grounded and fried. I reran new wiring and as luck would have it, it worked. I was just glad it didn't start a fire. Fixing it myself was a bonus.

Any swimming mice?
Posted on: 2011/3/26 20:12

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

I'm not letting you off that easy Matt ... Can't do it. LOL

You Da Man!

Posted on: 2011/3/26 20:18

Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22804 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

Any swimming mice?

Ask Brad:

Resized Image

Oh my goodness, Brad, what did those mice do to your vette???

Resized Image
Posted on: 2011/3/26 20:35

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

I didn't find any of the varmits, but they made real nice nests in those boxes. I cleaned it all up and retrieved my parts from the boxes. Hopefully that's the end of them - I heard on the news a while back that mice were particularly bad this winter. I will be taking some steps to seal the shed up better once it warms up.

Took the Vette out for a spin before I yank the exhaust off of it. My "Service ASR" light came on - it's done that sporadically over the past couple years, one more thing to add to the list.
Posted on: 2011/3/26 21:22

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Moral victory, the exhaust came off without much drama.
Posted on: 2011/3/26 23:48

Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22804 Posts

Quote:

pianoguy wrote:
Moral victory, the exhaust came off without much drama.

Posted on: 2011/3/27 2:09

Ultraman Re: Saturday Chat 03.26.11
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14743 Posts

Brad are you taking off the stock setup and going with a full Corsa or a cat back? I'm interested in exhausts systems right now.
Posted on: 2011/3/27 2:57

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

I bought a used Corsa system last year and installed it briefly, but found it to be too loud with the headers, so I put my stock system back on (with the headers). Now I'm going to try putting the stock manifolds back on with high-flow cats and the Corsa. Part of my motivation is that I think I have some leaks in my current setup.
Posted on: 2011/3/27 3:44

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.