Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
291 user(s) are online (246 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  CFI
Cross Fire Injection. Method of fuel delivery in the L82 motor. The 1984 is the only C4 to use the L82. This is the same engine used in the 1982 C3. ...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

TommyT-Bone Friday Chat 04.22.11
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Good Morning
Man, time is just flying by this year. May is right around the corner. Hopefully everybody has their seasonal cruisers ready for another exciting summer season. For those of you that don't ..... Good Friday and Easter Sunday is upon us. Hope everybody has a Happy Easter to those that celebrate. Busy day ahead ..... Aren't they all? ......
Posted on: 2011/4/22 11:11
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

pianoguy Re: Friday Chat 04.22.11
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Greetings! One plus is that a lot of folks have Good Friday off, so traffic is light. We don't have it off, since it wouldn't be politically correct, ya know. Sunday is both Easter and our 35th wedding anniversary. Supposed to be 63 and sunny that day, maybe I'll pop the top on the Vette.

Happy trails into the weekend, Gurus!
Posted on: 2011/4/22 12:09

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Ultraman Re: Friday Chat 04.22.11
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14750 Posts

Yo Brad, congrats on 35 man, that deserves an Atta Boy! Maybe an Atta Girl for putting up with you and your hobbie all these years. Cool and cloudy with occasional depressing weather here. They say by this afternoon maybe getting better.

I am supposed to take the Vette in today for a Dyno session but don't want to if its rainy. Hope it clears up!

Ya Easter, is a big deal at our house it is the day that sets Christianity apart from all the others so we have to get to church early to get out favorite seats because so many C and E's will be there also. (folks who come only on Christmas and Easter)

Got some work to do but no one is planting yet. It is borderline serious if they can't get going soon. The later you plant the less top end yield you can get.

Garbage day here gotta go get it gathered up. Have a great one guru's and try to be nice to people who piss you off today, I know its hard to do.
Posted on: 2011/4/22 13:01

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

BillH Re: Friday Chat 04.22.11
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Congrats Brad.

I have my cruise planned. Here's the route:

Attach file:

png  thillmap09.png (0.00 KB)

Posted on: 2011/4/22 13:11

Vetron87 Re: Friday Chat 04.22.11
Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Good Morning Guys. This my second attempt at posting today, apparently since I haven't posted in awhile I ran over my time limit trying remember how to blog!
Been super busy with retirement papers and doing a my financial planning crap. I get some kind of bonus from the
schoolCorp for my military service cool. School Corp had a retirement breakfast for us yesterday, very nice, 85 teachers are going out. During the breakfast I get a text to do another recovery dive in South Haven Michigan. I don't think I need to worry about staying busy.
Bought a 2000 VW Beetle from one of our retiring english teachers cheap! has 21K on in, has a few minor scratches,and has a bud vase. She is buying a new Cadillac SV something, she deserves it. The neighbor next door wants to buy VW for her son, not the best vehicle to exude a macho demeanor, but then again maybe its the perfect vehicle for him.
Well guys my wife wants to go to breakfast in the VW, its raining and cold. She tells me the Beetle is cute and has a lipstick holder. Cool! I think I'll follow her in the truck
Posted on: 2011/4/22 13:29

Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Brad congats on 35 years, thats great!
Posted on: 2011/4/22 13:31

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

Vetron87 wrote:
This my second attempt at posting today, apparently since I haven't posted in awhile I ran over my time limit trying remember how to blog!

Nah, that's been happening to others as well. Maybe something to do with the site.
Posted on: 2011/4/22 13:35

Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Quote:

BillH wrote:
Quote:

Vetron87 wrote:
This my second attempt at posting today, apparently since I haven't posted in awhile I ran over my time limit trying remember how to blog!

Nah, that's been happening to others as well. Maybe something to do with the site.

Just think my first blog is floating around somewhere with some really fun sh*^ in it.
Posted on: 2011/4/22 13:38

teebee Re: Friday Chat 04.22.11
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12370 Posts

Good morning guys...Brad congrats on the anniversary. Easter is big with us a well. Actually I am scheduled to be a reader today for Good Friday services to read the passion. Marcus I know exactly what you mean about the C & E's add to that Ash Wednesday (who knows why)...

I'm one of those who are off today, but I'm here watching the grandsons. This afternoon I'm going to try and wash the pickup.

Bill that looks like a nice cruise.
Posted on: 2011/4/22 13:41

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Teebee how is school going? Haven't been here in a while.
Posted on: 2011/4/22 13:44

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12370 Posts

Ron, you must be off today as well...been missing your posts. Only a few days left... I told the big guy I'll go another year....what the heck, the wife can never retire, we get the health insurance paid for through her work. Actually my teaching license expires in January 2013 so unless I figure some way to renew I'm done after next year anyhow.
Posted on: 2011/4/22 13:47

Resized Image

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

When I welded up my neighbors gate the other day, he rode in my p/u and said that the rear brakes were making noise. I couldn't hear it. Soooo, I get tho tear into the Silverado today. Hope I didn't blow a disc.
Posted on: 2011/4/22 13:49

Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:
Ron, you must be off today as well...been missing your posts. Only a few days left... I told the big guy I'll go another year....what the heck, the wife can never retire, we get the health insurance paid for through her work. Actually my teaching license expires in January 2013 so unless I figure some way to renew I'm done after next year anyhow.

Yep day off, Easter is a big deal in our small family. State of Indiana has just past a bill that throws out senority rights and class size. State Ed. Super is really pushing for charter schools, and this is the way to accomphish his sgenda. We expect class sizes will jump to 50-60 students per class.
It was time to get out Tom, it was a tough decision to make! you invest a lot of time with kids and their futures only to be undermind by an agenda that will make our industrial arts/vocational areas non-existant in 2 years. I'm the type A personality that will not show emotion but I have had my moments in private. 40 years invested! and I did make a difference.
Posted on: 2011/4/22 14:02

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Yesterday I stopped at Petco to get some bird food, a new store opened up beside them called Total Wine. I went in just to check it out. Good Grief, this place was like a medimum sized supermarket.
They had over 800 kinds of beer.

I asked if they would rent me a 10 x 10 space so I could put up my tent and cot but they......
Posted on: 2011/4/22 14:07

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12370 Posts

Yup, Ron, We DID make a difference. And it is sad to see these programs going the way of the dinosaurs.

Last evening, the wife and I went out to eat at one of our local establishments, and a former student, who I haven't seen in a few years, came up to us and sat down and chatted. She expressed her gratitude for her time in my classes. Those encounters are worth more than anything.
Posted on: 2011/4/22 14:39

Resized Image

Huskerland
14750 Posts

Ron good to see you back on, I have missed your inputs. You and Tom both have done a great job giving what you know to those kids. If you just helped or saved one of them that would be enough, but you did that for many more I'm sure. Here's an Atta Boy!! for both of you.

Bill, Danger, Danger, stay away from the Total Wine Store! Dude 800?
Posted on: 2011/4/22 15:07

TommyT-Bone Re: Friday Chat 04.22.11
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

Vetron87 wrote:
Brad congats on 35 years, thats great!

Whud you do? Get married when you were 13.

27 years this year with Sue and 7 years with my first wife. That makes it 34 ..... long,...... long ........ years ......... of wedded bliss. I took a year off in between or I'd have 35 combined years of service myself.
Posted on: 2011/4/22 16:33

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Missed the Fed Ex man while I was out running errands. Sucks big time. He has a box full of Porsche parts. Today sucks overall. I still have a dump run, a delivery and a trip tp a lawyers office. Another day shot to hell.
Posted on: 2011/4/22 16:35

Matatk Re: Friday Chat 04.22.11
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Good Afternoon CGs!

I was a little under the weather this morning...something about mt neighbor spiking my coke with jack daniels. Apparently he was making me doubles (triples?) and I thought they were singles...oh well. Feelin fine now....lol.

Speaking of weather, it's just pure rain here. Terrible. I won't get much done today, but that's ok it's my day off

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2011/4/22 18:58

Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Quote:

pianoguy wrote:
Sunday is both Easter and our 35th wedding anniversary.

Congrats, Brad! I'll let you know in a couple years when I turn 35 Seriously, though, that's a huge accomplishment!!!
Posted on: 2011/4/22 19:00

Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:

Got some work to do but no one is planting yet. It is borderline serious if they can't get going soon. The later you plant the less top end yield you can get.

Marcus' new crop he'll be planting:

Resized Image
Posted on: 2011/4/22 19:01

Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Quote:

Vetron87 wrote:

Bought a 2000 VW Beetle...has a bud vase.

Apparently the legacy of vw vans from the 70s continues. You should give Marcus a call.
Posted on: 2011/4/22 19:02

Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Quote:

BillH wrote:
Yesterday I stopped at Petco to get some bird food, a new store opened up beside them called Total Wine. I went in just to check it out. Good Grief, this place was like a medimum sized supermarket.
They had over 800 kinds of beer.

Bill recently moved the c2 out of the garage to make room for his new hobby:

Resized Image
Posted on: 2011/4/22 19:05

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

My garage is good, I just can't seem to haul anything in my truck.

Attach file:

jpg  b.jpg (0.00 KB)

Posted on: 2011/4/22 19:58

biggrizzly Re: Friday Chat 04.22.11
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

Good Afternoon Gentlemen!

35 years.... Ouch! Only kidding... 17 has seemed like just a few to me, so I'm sure 35 is just around the corner. Congratulations!!

Today was the last day for me to work from my office at Andrews AFB, in Maryland. I went in and helped pack up the last remaining boxes and computers and ready them for the movers on Monday. All my stuff is getting moved to a nice new office building in Quantico, VA, about 65 miles south of where I live. I will be down there on Monday and Tuesday next week to get settled in but after that I should be working from home almost entirely other than meetings once or twice a month. I'll let you know how that goes. I have worked from home quite a bit and it can leave you feeling a bit isolated from the rest of the team and out of touch. I hope I can maintain enough communication to stay effective.

Again Bill - Thunder Hill is awesome! One day I am going to show up at your doorstep and want to go get some driving instruction and ride around Thunder Hill!!

Will -- how did the car run at the Race Track on Wednesday night?
Posted on: 2011/4/22 20:28

Huskerland
14750 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:
Quote:

Ultraman wrote:

Marcus' new crop he'll be planting:

Resized Image

That's what we call a cash and carry crop out here. But since corn went to 7 bucks nobody grows rope anymore, corn is worth more. (rope is made from hemp which is made from mary jane......forget it....) Next I will be having to explain what a doobie is. Not that I would personally know of course.....
Posted on: 2011/4/22 22:41

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

I know. I found out under a scienific study I performed in my younger years. Of course the study was unfunded and not under the direction of any particular study group. I would report my findings among my peers who also participated in this experiment.
Posted on: 2011/4/22 23:25

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

I have such a headache. Just got back from an interview with an attorney debating whether we want to pursue any legal actions concerning the property we bid on. This transction we initiated is tied up. We are second bidder or backup bidder as we are told from the listing real estate agents. They have so far refused to show us our contract that was signed by the homeowner to be presented to the mortgage holder. Two of our attorneys say there is no such thing as a back up bidder. All bids should be presented to the bank. The bank would decide who it will sell it to. There are also issues because of the split commission on the property. The out, which doesn't guarantee we would even get the place would involve paying the commission to our agent, basicly buying them out and paying our attorney a set amount to track down and offer the bank directly to buy out the mortgage outright. Oddly, the homeowners defending attorney in the forclosure is none other than a former mayor of Homestead and current president of the local independent financial institution. Talk about being in a snake pit.

I could use some of that rolled herbal medicine right about now.
Posted on: 2011/4/22 23:46

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

biggrizzly wrote:
Again Bill - Thunder Hill is awesome! One day I am going to show up at your doorstep and want to go get some driving instruction and ride around Thunder Hill!!

Even arfet 2,500 laps there, I still love it. It's a very high speed track but does have straights that you can relax on.

But for shear excitement, nothing beats Infineon. There's no place to relax on that track.
Posted on: 2011/4/23 0:20

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.