Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
133 user(s) are online (98 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  NHMS
New Hampshire Motor Speedway. This is the new name for New Hampshire International Speedway from now on. ...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

TommyT-Bone Friday Chat 07.01.11
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33777 Posts

Good morning and Happy July!
Well, the second house bid was rejected. Sometimes when I get involved in something it's a learn as you go process. Being the gullible idiot that I am I was once again taken by a masterful presentation of what I thought was an auction but was really a new marketing concept. Looks like an auction, bids like an auction but is nothing more than a realtors group working for the banks and fishing for buyers. Nothing is as it appears anymore. Deception lies at every bend. If you want, you can read about the company behind auction.com. You too can live and learn right along with me. I'm not saying people don't make deals. I'm saying it's up the asset holding company who gets the deal and at what price. In the auctions I'm used to once an item hits the reserve price it sells. In this type of an auction when an item hits the reserve price it's presented. You didn't "win", you got a shot with asset holder. The auction site tells you over and over the company represents the sellers, not the bidders. Tell me what you pull from this.

http://www.redcgroup.com/faq.html

http://www.auction.com/
Posted on: 2011/7/1 11:17
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Matatk Re: Friday Chat 07.01.11
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22807 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Sucks about the auction, Tommy. It's like the old bait and switch at car dealers....pisses you off.

I was pretty beat last night to the point I was almost falling asleep driving home. But I got home, jumped on the bike, and took rugrat #1 in the bike trailer to the local school. I did a short warm up and sprint workout (very short) and then she played on the playground for a bit. Biked home and got a haircut finally (yeah) and then we cleaned the kids up and it was bedtime.

Today it's supposed to be 98*....ugh. I'll complain when it's hot and I'll complain when it's cold...just the way it is

This weekend I've got plans to do some landscaping...we'll see how that works.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2011/7/1 11:34

biggrizzly Re: Friday Chat 07.01.11
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

Good Morning folks!

July 1st! My dog Skip's Birthday. I was going to invite the neighborhood dogs over for a little get together. Maybe some bacon treats for appetizers and hamburgers for the entree.

Speaking of Birthdays... Corvette turned 58 years old yesterday! It won't be long and it will be 60. Looks like the new C7 may be a 60th Anniversary Edition.

I think I'm going to buy the the LT1 mufflers that were for sale at CF. Depends on how much the shipping comes in at. I can buy new OEM knockoffs for about $200 but not stainless. Years ago, I had a muffler shop cut my factory mufflers off and weld in some eliminator pipes. I gave them mufflers to the kids at the shop. I should have kept them like all the other crap I have laying around here.

I'm still having issues with the Overdrive. Almost like its shifting into that gear but getting no RPM drop. Really weird.
Posted on: 2011/7/1 11:49

pianoguy Re: Friday Chat 07.01.11
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Happy Friday! Gonna be a hot one here, too. I took today and all of next week off - hope to make some more progress on the deck. The decking will be delivered today, so I have just about everything now. A younger and more ambitious body would be helpful.

Sorry to hear about the house, Tommy - just what we need in the housing market, more deception

Hope y'all have smooth sailing into the long weekend!
Posted on: 2011/7/1 11:50

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

TommyT-Bone Re: Friday Chat 07.01.11
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33777 Posts

Here is another company selling Fannie Mae properties. Must be somewhat legit or Uncle would have already shut them down. Not that our government would ever be involved in deceptive practices.

http://www.hudsonandmarshall.com/AuctionSchedule.aspx
Posted on: 2011/7/1 12:27

Ultraman Re: Friday Chat 07.01.11
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14763 Posts

Don, at the risk of being sophmoric so early in the morning maybe you could bring that chicken in the clip yesterday to give the dogs something to do....... Tommy its a whole new world in retail marketing and I guess this is just one of the newest ways to work people over..... Brad P90X for that younger more ambitious body....good luck on the deck. Matt landscaping always works better when its hot out.....

Woke up at 2:30 last night and couldn't get back to sleep. So I went on Guru to see if anyone was around. There were 12 anonymous folks at that time of night. Who are these guys? It would be interesting to know. We all feel fairly secure talking about our lives here but there are a lot of people watching.....

I am agonizing over that C5. The guy is at 14K for a well kept car with 83K on it. I did some looking last night and that ain't a bad price for a mag red car with the top option package. HUD window display. I could sell my 90 easily but I would have to because I could not have both at this time. I have had the 90 for almost 2 years and am thinking it may be time for an upgrade.....

Ok Guru's should I get the car Yes or No. No other answer needed.

Not as hot today but heading out early anyway. Let's get fired up because it is the 4th of JULY WEEKEND!
Posted on: 2011/7/1 12:34

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Huskerland
14763 Posts

Let's get the weekend rolling with a great song about the best country there has ever been.....

Posted on: 2011/7/1 12:49

BillH Re: Friday Chat 07.01.11
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Posted on: 2011/7/1 13:00

teebee Re: Friday Chat 07.01.11
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12377 Posts

Good morning guys....I'm all packed and ready to hit the road to KC. Got the two younger grandsons going with us and there mother and oldest GS coming after she gets off work. The two younger ones have been sitting in the pickup for over a half hour already.....couldn't leave them behind, no way.

Marcus, I'm going to say YES, if you want to travel in the car, if your wife likes going with you (and you want her to ) she will love you for the change, and you'll love it too.
Posted on: 2011/7/1 13:02

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:

I am agonizing over that C5. The guy is at 14K for a well kept car with 83K on it.

Oh, I can't just do "no other answer".

2002, Z06, 51k miles for $2k more.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp ... ardist=106&standard=false
Posted on: 2011/7/1 13:25

Huskerland
14763 Posts

Gee thanks Bill, and its in Omaha......Ok I may call.....I like a regular coupe over the hardtop though.....still a ZO6.....

Tom safe journeys, I think you know the way.... And yeah I like to travel in the Vettes......with my blushing bride...
Posted on: 2011/7/1 13:48

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
Gee thanks Bill

Posted on: 2011/7/1 14:00

4543 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:

I am agonizing over that C5. The guy is at 14K for a well kept car with 83K on it. I did some looking last night and that ain't a bad price for a mag red car with the top option package. HUD window display. I could sell my 90 easily but I would have to because I could not have both at this time. I have had the 90 for almost 2 years and am thinking it may be time for an upgrade.....

Not as hot today but heading out early anyway. Let's get fired up because it is the 4th of JULY WEEKEND!

YES YES YES

If I didn't have so much time and money tied up in mine and wasn't just about broke now, I'd be all over a good deal on a C5 Corvette or even an early C6.
Posted on: 2011/7/1 15:12

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

They dropped off the decking and my son and I hauled it into the garage. Talk about projectile sweating - phew!!
Posted on: 2011/7/1 16:16

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Huskerland
14763 Posts

Ok here is the anthum for the Canuks. We use to camp right next to a whole bunch of them at Sturgis back in the day. One night they were really drunk and started to build a little ramp so one of there more drunk guys could jump the creek in honor of Evil K. I guess.

Of course we wanted to help them, so that we could witness a hell of a wreck and were doing our best to figure the right angle to launch about 800 lbs of motorcycle and 300 lbs of rider. We figured he needed to be doing 60 when he hit the logs and plywood..........nevermind......

This is for them guys! It was a great wreck but he fell over on his scooter (full dress hog)before he made it to the ramp. Nobody else wanted a go at it. Pussy's!

Posted on: 2011/7/1 16:26

Huskerland
14763 Posts

Quote:

pianoguy wrote:
They dropped off the decking and my son and I hauled it into the garage. Talk about projectile sweating - phew!!

Could we get some pics of that?
Posted on: 2011/7/1 16:31

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33777 Posts

I can't for the life of me understand why anybody would want to risk their life trying to jump a home made ramp. Why don't they stick to safer games like shooting a whiskey bottle of a probies head or Russian Roulette. Must less risk.
Posted on: 2011/7/1 16:43

95Vert Re: Friday Chat 07.01.11
Senior Guru
Aiken, SC
440 Posts

Tommy, isn't that what Burt Reynolds did in Smokey and the Bandit, or those two guys in the General Lee Charger? They jumped stuff all the time. Even Canucks have famous last words...hey guys, watch this! Or is that only here in the south?

Marcus, thanks for making me paranoid...anonymous users at 0230 in the morning, indeed!!!! Maybe they were just some nice people from overseas...
Posted on: 2011/7/1 17:00

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
I can't for the life of me understand why anybody would want to risk their life trying to jump a home made ramp.

Jumping off a little ramp into a creek is kinda wussy.

Posted on: 2011/7/1 18:50

Huskerland
14763 Posts

They were Canadians, that's their idea of fun. They also were the teams that were mining 10K feet down in the gold mines up at Lead, So Dak. It was air conditioned down there so they could work but they said the temps at that depth were 120 F. without it. Nasty guys, but never started any trouble! I know the gangs would leave them alone.....

The mining has all been shut down up there.
Posted on: 2011/7/1 19:06

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
Quote:

pianoguy wrote:

Could we get some pics of that?

Here's a few pics - a couple of the deck in its current state of carnage, more or less, and a couple of the new decking. The garage is turning into a disaster area.

http://bradprestonmusic.com/Photos/Deck_2011/index.html
Posted on: 2011/7/1 19:49

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

Here's a few pics - a couple of the deck in its current state of carnage, more or less, and a couple of the new decking. The garage is turning into a disaster area.

Oh, damn. You have to do the railing too. What a PIA. I did my railing 3 years ago, took a million pieces of redwood.

Attach file:

jpg  2006-04-13 20-51-18_0001.JPG (0.00 KB)

jpg  2006-04-13 20-51-46_0002.JPG (0.00 KB)

Posted on: 2011/7/1 21:17

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Looks great, Bill!

The railing should be relatively painless, I hope. I bought aluminum railing (that will connect to wood posts), like this, except in bronze:

Resized Image

One PITA is that I'm trying to salvage 8 tall posts that hold up the pergola - the rest of them will be replaced. I had mortised in the old wood railings, so I filled the notches with wood and am using Bondo to smooth them out. I don't think I have mixed up any Bondo since I was a kid - LMAO!
Posted on: 2011/7/1 21:29

4543 Posts

Quote:

pianoguy wrote:
I had mortised in the old wood railings, so I filled the notches with wood and am using Bondo to smooth them out. I don't think I have mixed up any Bondo since I was a kid - LMAO!

Just don't slap any on the Vette and you will be ok!
Posted on: 2011/7/1 22:07

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33777 Posts

Don, Just to let you know. I took you off the HCF hotseat. I didn't want your pic to be a permanent HCF record.
Posted on: 2011/7/1 23:57

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Don, Just to let you know. I took you off the HCF hotseat. I didn't want your pic to be a permanent HCF record.

He does have great legs, though.
Posted on: 2011/7/2 0:01

Matatk Re: Friday Chat 07.01.11
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22807 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

That's ok, I put it back

Wife and I took the rugrats to dinner tonight after work. We went to Cracker Barrel...not exactly fine French cuisine but it was tasty. We were stuffed afterwards. Came home and washed up the kids, put them to bed, now it's time for us.

Matthew
Posted on: 2011/7/2 2:40

Huskerland
14763 Posts

Nice backyard Brad, that's going to look great when your git er done.
Posted on: 2011/7/2 3:57

teebee Re: Friday Chat 07.01.11
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12377 Posts

Hey guys....dead tired, worked my arse off when I got here. Grands have me running and I'm waiting on my middle one to get here.....should be here in another hour and a half.

Brad that is some fine looking lumber....I'm impressed and jealous.
Posted on: 2011/7/2 4:42

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.