Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
309 user(s) are online (260 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Z15
A Collector Edition, RPO Z15.

1996 only.

Silver with black, red or grey interior.

LT1/A4 or LT4/ZF6....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

TommyT-Bone Friday Chat 01.20.11
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Good morning
Glad Bill is at home and recovering from his ordeal. lat night we filled up the boat tank. Went to a local gas station that sells non ethanol recreational fuel at a 90 octane rating. Priced damn near the same as premium. Cost us $173.00 for 45 gallons of fuel. I'm amazed that the boat even started and ran on the crap that was in the tank. No more ethanol in my boat tank as long as I can help it.It just doesn't have any staying power. Considering swapping the sports cars over. What say ye? Yay or nay? Will 90 octane be OK? The advantages of a cleaner fuel may outweigh the the difference in the octane rating. Thoughts?
Posted on: 2012/1/20 12:59
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Epimax Re: Friday Chat 01.20.11
Elite Guru
Wilmington, NC
1814 Posts

Happy Friday Folks!

Hope those winds die down and they get the fires out Bill!

Helluva week around here-
Wife had to have surgery last Friday-Outpatient-Everything went as planned and all is well, but she has a hard time adjusting after being put under (severe nausea, etc..)
We knew this was coming and hopefully she'll feel a lot better from here on out!

Wife also had 2 deaths in the family in the past week--- Cousin (33 years old-died of lung cancer) and an Aunt who has been sick for a while..
Got notice on Tuesday that another of her cousins is in the hospital with heart related issues...

Not exactly the start I was hoping for for 2012, but it is what it is. Just gotta keep the Faith and keep on keeping on..

Y'all have a good day!

Posted on: 2012/1/20 13:26

pianoguy Re: Friday Chat 01.20.11
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Happy Friday! Yessir, glad to hear that Bill is home safe - that must be nerve-wracking as hell. A light coating of snow here, a signal for morons to come out and play on the freeway.

My understanding is that the computer will retard the timing if any knock is detected, so a lower-octane gas should be OK, though you may not get optimum performance. Hopefully someone smarter will chime in with a more knowledgeable opinion.

Hope everyone has smooth sailing into the weekend!
Posted on: 2012/1/20 13:29

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

pianoguy Re: Friday Chat 01.20.11
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Quote:

Epimax wrote:
Happy Friday Folks!

Hope those winds die down and they get the fires out Bill!

Helluva week around here-
Wife had to have surgery last Friday-Outpatient-Everything went as planned and all is well, but she has a hard time adjusting after being put under (severe nausea, etc..)
We knew this was coming and hopefully she'll feel a lot better from here on out!

Wife also had 2 deaths in the family in the past week--- Cousin (33 years old-died of lung cancer) and an Aunt who has been sick for a while..
Got notice on Tuesday that another of her cousins is in the hospital with heart related issues...

Not exactly the start I was hoping for for 2012, but it is what it is. Just gotta keep the Faith and keep on keeping on..

Y'all have a good day!

Hope the Mrs. is feeling better soon, and sorry to hear about your loss!
Posted on: 2012/1/20 13:31

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

TommyT-Bone Re: Friday Chat 01.20.11
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

pianoguy wrote:
[quote]
Hope the Mrs. is feeling better soon, and sorry to hear about your loss!

Count me in. Hopefully everything will improve in the future.
Posted on: 2012/1/20 13:48

crash Re: Friday Chat 01.20.11
Guru
WRIGHT CITY MO 63390
977 Posts

good morning gurus. billh glad your'e ok and no loss of property. long live the c2 lol. not much going on here. bought one of those vac-dry floor steam cleaner thingies. its called the shark. told moma id take care of the floors. cant wait to see how this thing works.
have a good day guru
rich
Posted on: 2012/1/20 13:50

biggrizzly Re: Friday Chat 01.20.11
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

Good Morning Guys!

Dave.... sending Mojo your way for the wife. I know I had enough sent my way last summer.

TGIF - I think a couple guys from the NE Section of CF are getting together tonight at my local Friday after-work watering hole. It should be fun to meet some new Corvette friends.

Bill - hope all is well with the fires

Posted on: 2012/1/20 13:52

Ultraman Re: Friday Chat 01.20.11
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14747 Posts

Bill....way to much drama Dude......so glad you are ok and the folks you live around also....

David sorry to hear of your loss and prayers to your wife and the family.....keep the faith.

Well my news about our scrabble game last night doesn't hardly seem worth reporting.....other then the fact that the Scrabble Queen whose unbeaten streak goes back so far no one can remember its origins, got beat by Ultraboy last night by 3 points on the Triple word score RUNNY.......I was a distant 3rd but who cares the men finally won.....Let the gloating begin....atta boy UB...winning does not suck!

I got the book All Corvettes Are Red by James Schefter...It chronicled the inside workings of GM in the late 80's and early 90's and the making of the C5. What a mess, we are lucky we even have a Corvette today much less the car that it is.

Work on the C5 was started in 88 for a 93 interduction and the first C5 rolled off the line in 97 so you can see it took awhile.....

Friday guys and girls, let's git er done today.....

Posted on: 2012/1/20 13:58

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Ultraman Re: Friday Chat 01.20.11
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14747 Posts

Geez...I can't believe I am posting something negative about the salvation of the farm economy......

http://www.daybreakfishing.com/ethanol-fuel.html

Posted on: 2012/1/20 14:52

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

BillH Re: Friday Chat 01.20.11
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Good luck to your wife anf family, David.

I woke up wasted but it beats staying up all night waiting for a glow on the ridge to change to flames.

Fire's 50% contained, winds are 7-9. High winds forcasted for this afternoon but only to 45 instead of 80+. The good news is rain/snow by this afternoon.

The road from Reno to Carson City is closed, power lines and guard rails gone but the road surface is OK.

I lost electricity last nite but only long enough for me to drag the generator out and fire it up. It's going to be quite a while for others.

I can get into town on the back roads but the Mount Rose Highway to my place is only open for locals and firefighters.

Funny that my big bird (macaw) knew something bad was going on. I came out of the shop covered in fiberglass at 2:30 and he was growling & growling which he never does. Took me a half hour to find out why.

Posted on: 2012/1/20 15:32

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Air out the laundry

Posted on: 2012/1/20 16:17

teebee Re: Friday Chat 01.20.11
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12370 Posts

Morning guys... Glad Bill is OK, prayer going out to those who lost property and life. David, that's always the chance you take with anesthesia. As for the deaths, they seem to happen in threes.

We had a quicky faculty meeting this morning to inform us of one of our students fathers passing yesterday and the passing of a long time employee here at school, this morning, both of cancer. The employee is my age, very nice lady, she'll be missed dearly. The third one for us this week was the sister of our history teacher...we don't know her, but still very close to home....she was 21.

Marcus, that is a very good book. Helps to understand

Posted on: 2012/1/20 16:28

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Death sucks. Especially your own.
Posted on: 2012/1/20 18:59

76Nordic Re: Friday Chat 01.20.11
Dumbass
Brea, CA
239 Posts

Ethanol and boats are not a good thing. Been a lot of problems popping up, with the ethanol eating up fiberglass, plastic, rubber. Been a deal going on now that the boating community is trying to stop the ethanol percentage being raised especially for boats. Hell it even goes on down to your lawn mowers. Another suggestion, if your not already doing it, is to use Stabil. Before I put my boat down for the winter is to make sure the tanks are close to full, and put in the Stabil. Having the tanks full leaves less room for moisture to start and the Stabil keeps the gas in good shape. Just my .02
Posted on: 2012/1/20 19:29

Matatk Re: Friday Chat 01.20.11
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Good Afternoon CGs!

Bill - glad to hear you are ok, sorry to hear about the other damage/loss/death in the area.

David - best wishes for your family, sounds like a hard time. I'm sure you guys will pull through, that's what families are for.

As for me, I have a strange sort of flu bug. Enough to make me stay home from work today. Woke up around 4:30 am feeling like I had a hangover. Called in to work and slept til 9 am. Got up and felt better, but now I'm in a weird stage where I feel fine one minute, next minute I'm dizzy. I can eat, but then have indigestion. It's not as bad as it sounds, but still not pleasant. I'm sure it's a 24 hour thing. We are supposed to get 6 inches of snow however, so that adds to the fun.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2012/1/20 19:44

Epimax Re: Friday Chat 01.20.11
Elite Guru
Wilmington, NC
1814 Posts

Thanks to all for the kind words!

Good weekend to all!
Posted on: 2012/1/20 20:58

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Matt ... Your better off taking a couple days till you're feeling right. Don't go back too soon.
Posted on: 2012/1/21 0:49

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.