Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
169 user(s) are online (115 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  SuperRam Intake System
Originally designed by John Lingenfelter at LPE and manufactured by Accell, the SuperRam was the 1st aftermarket intake to improve upon the stock lon...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

interpilot 6 days on the road, but not home tonight"
Guru Newb
st. paul, minnesota
42 Posts

Hi guys, been awhile. Out here on the road. These 18wheels keep turnin'.. got robbed in Dallas. Lost my computer, phones such. Getting re/grouped. Co. Does not allow self protection. Anyway, haven't forgot my Vette friends. Go by Bollin Green all the time, just never seem to find time to stop. But I will!! Pics and all from museum. Moved my home terminal to Memphis. Walked over to Graceland. What a trip. Have lots of ideas with aero work. Not quite ground effects, but undercar flow. Sketching up some ideas, in truck stops. already gettin ready winter. Mountains always interesting. Old Vette safe sound in Minnesota garage. Anyway, my thoughts are towards undercar aero/flow. Checking out new Saleen undercar.. not so much downforce, more pressure changes. H/L pressure. So anyway. Typing on new S4. Truck stop il. Like I said: "I be Back", best.
Posted on: 2013/9/14 6:55
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Matatk Re: 6 days on the road, but not home tonight"
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22806 Posts

Sorry to hear about your bad luck. Hope you have a safe trip home. I recall a few threads about under car splitters and whatnot that I've read in the past. I'll look for them later if you are interested.

Matthew
Posted on: 2013/9/14 11:59

Ultraman Re: 6 days on the road, but not home tonight"
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14757 Posts

Good to hear from you....keep them rolling...not that safe out on the road anymore sorry to say.......stay safe.
Posted on: 2013/9/14 12:32

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

TommyT-Bone Re: 6 days on the road, but not home tonight"
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33770 Posts

I hate theives. Sorry for your misfortune. Roll on 18 wheeler, roll on. Graceland? We were just taling about Elvis the other day.
Posted on: 2013/9/14 13:33

pianoguy Re: 6 days on the road, but not home tonight"
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Safe travels, and I hope karma pays a visit to the perps!
Posted on: 2013/9/14 15:36

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

interpilot Re: 6 days on the road, but not home tonight"
Guru Newb
st. paul, minnesota
42 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
Good to hear from you....keep them rolling...not that safe out on the road anymore sorry to say.......stay safe.

ya, do not believe the road was ever safe. It's a crazy job. But OTR. suits me. Just love wakin up on top of mountain, then dinner in desert. I blew a couple tires outside Laredo while back. 04:00, kept goin', figured I only one out there without an ak. nothing much left of wheels. took poor kid hours to grind wheels off. It's all good. From Danmark I got the name Stig. Friends that know me, just call me sig. Looking forward to developing aero work on C4. really got all power. Girl won't ride in her. Even though I promised not to scare her .. much"
Posted on: 2013/9/15 5:33

Guru Newb
st. paul, minnesota
42 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:
Sorry to hear about your bad luck. Hope you have a safe trip home. I recall a few threads about under car splitters and whatnot that I've read in the past. I'll look for them later if you are interested.

Matthew

oh ya, most interested. got Simon McBeaths book here, "Competition car Downforce",, it's dated. So much is recently done undercar. Effects are logarithm increased in ground effect. I must laugh when see wings on low speed cars. Only drag. My experience, wing effects work 130+mph. Downforce can be generated lowspeed, but drag co/efficients, counterproductive. C4 still most neg pressure co/efficient aero car. improvements, I believe. Undercar. My thoughts.
Posted on: 2013/9/15 6:13

Guru Newb
st. paul, minnesota
42 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
I hate theives. Sorry for your misfortune. Roll on 18 wheeler, roll on. Graceland? We were just taling about Elvis the other day.

I know, I asked the king for help awhile back. Had the feelin god left it to me. Free will and all. Ya, saved my sorry ass. Glad I made pilgrimage to 'GraceLand'
Posted on: 2013/9/15 6:20

GRIS Re: 6 days on the road, but not home tonight"
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7679 Posts

[quote]
interpilot wrote:
.. got robbed in Dallas. Co. Does not allow self protection.

NOW THAT'S TOTAL BS. YOU SHOULD NEVER BE ON THE ROAD UNARMED. TRANSFER OUT OF THAT CHICKENSHIT OUTFIT!
Posted on: 2013/9/16 22:36

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.