Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
235 user(s) are online (175 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

TommyT-Bone Monday Chat 10.13.14 (Early Edition)
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33772 Posts

Been away for a couple of days. My lawnmower awaits my return in the morning. Vroom ........ vroom
Posted on: 2014/10/13 3:24
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

TommyT-Bone Re: Monday Chat 10.13.14 (Early Edition)
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33772 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

Maybe I got my love of grass from The Outlaws.

Posted on: 2014/10/13 3:30

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33772 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
The Outlaws.

Posted on: 2014/10/13 3:32

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33772 Posts

Nuff said .........
Posted on: 2014/10/13 3:33

GRIS Re: Monday Chat 10.13.14 (Early Edition)
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7681 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
The Outlaws.

THAT'S ENOUGH HAIR TO MAKE A BARBER'S SCISSOR FINGERS ITCH.

YOU'RE WELL AHEAD OF THE POWER CURVE TOMMY :-)
Posted on: 2014/10/13 4:58

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

pianoguy Re: Monday Chat 10.13.14 (Early Edition)
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Jian ngivun
Posted on: 2014/10/13 10:29

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

captmike13 Re: Monday Chat 10.13.14 (Early Edition)
Elite Guru
Hillsboro Mo
2166 Posts

I can't seem to post normally. So looks like I'll have to see what I can do later when I get home.
Posted on: 2014/10/13 11:19

captmike13@yahoo.com

captmike13 Re: Monday Chat 10.13.14 (Early Edition)
Elite Guru
Hillsboro Mo
2166 Posts

Looks like something is working now.

I lost all of what I had ready to go.

Happy Columbus day gang.

We had our first frost here yesterday. Looks like today will be another decent day. Mostly cloudy with some showers and temps in the upper 60's lower 70's.

Let's get going.

Word of the Day Monday, October 13, 2014

mistral \ MIS-truhl, mi-STRAHL \ , noun;

1.a cold, dry, northerly wind common in southern France and neighboring regions.

Origin:

Mistral is derived from the French word of the same spelling which referred to wind from the north-west.

Columbus Day

Columbus Day is an United States observance that is celebrated each year on the second Monday in October. The day celebrates Christopher Columbus’ arrival to America on October 12, 1492.

Colorado celebrated in 1906 when Columbus Day became an official state holiday in their state. It then grew and soon became a federal holiday in the United States in 1937, though people had been celebrating Columbus’ voyage since the colonial period. In 1792, there were celebrations in New York City and other US cities, celebrating the 300th anniversary of his landing in the New World. President Benjamin Harrison called upon the people of the United States to join together in celebration of Columbus Day on the 400th anniversary of the event. During the anniversary in 1892, teachers, preachers, poets and politicians used Columbus Day rituals to teach ideals of patriotism. These patriotic teachings were framed around themes of support for war, citizenship boundaries, the importance of loyalty to the nation and celebrating social progress.

In 1970, Columbus Day was changed to the current observation on the second Monday in October.

NATIONAL YORKSHIRE PUDDING DAY

National Yorkshire Pudding Day is celebrated across the United States each year on October 13.

Also known as batter pudding, Yorkshire Pudding is an English dish that is made from a batter and usually served with roast meat and gravy.

Cooks in the north of England devised a means of making use of the fat that dropped into the dripping pans to cook a batter pudding while the meat roasted in the oven. A recipe for ‘a Dripping Pudding’ was published in 1737 in, “The Whole Duty of a Woman“.

“Make a good batter as for pancakes: put in a hot toss-pan over the fire with a bit of butter to fry the bottom a little then put the pan and butter under a shoulder of mutton, instead of a dripping pan, keeping frequently shaking it by the handle and it will be light and savoury, and fit to take up when your mutton is enough; then turn it in a dish and serve it hot.”

In 1747, similar instructions were published in The Art of Cookery made Plain and Easy by Hannah Glasse under the title of ‘Yorkshire Pudding’. It was Glasse that re-invented and renamed the original version of ‘Dripping Pudding”.

To celebrate National Yorkshire Pudding Day, enjoy a “tried and true” Yorkshire Pudding recipe:

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/quick-and-easy-yorkshire-pudding/

http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/yorkshire_pudding/

NATIONAL YORKSHIRE PUDDING DAY HISTORY

Our research was unable to locate the creator of National Yorkshire Pudding Day, an “unofficial” national holiday.

NATIONAL TRAIN YOUR BRAIN DAY

Each year on October 13, people across the nation celebrate National Train Your Brain Day.

This day was created to encourage everyone to expand and “exercise” their brain and use more of it’s potential capacity. There are many different ways to “exercise” your mind and improve your cognitive skills such as reading, word puzzles, number games, brain teasers, trivia games, riddles and etc.. Learning something new is another “exercise” that is a benefit to everyone’s brain on National Train Your Brain Day (as well as any other day).

When the question is asked to American scientists as to how much of the brain is used, the answer varies however, many of them believe that it is only a small percentage and that there is room for expanded learning and knowledge within everyone.

NATIONAL TRAIN YOUR BRAIN DAY HISTORY

Within our research, we were unable to find the creator and the origin of National Train Your Brain Day, an “unofficial” national holiday.
Posted on: 2014/10/13 11:27

captmike13@yahoo.com

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33772 Posts

When good old boy gets caught red handed committing a crime the only thing he can hope for is a mistral. Happy Columbus Day.

If it wasn't for Columbus we wouldn't have any Indians, just plain old natives. What is Columbus's claim to fame again?

http://www.wisegeek.org/why-are-nativ ... ricans-called-indians.htm
Posted on: 2014/10/13 12:10

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Greetings! Another Monday, and the grindstone is calling. I see the Giants employed the same turnstile strategy for offensive line play as the Viqueens did. Gonna be a long winter, methinks.

Have a good day, Gurus!
Posted on: 2014/10/13 12:14

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33772 Posts

Quote:

captmike13 wrote:

NATIONAL TRAIN YOUR BRAIN DAY HISTORY

Within our research, we were unable to find the creator and the origin of National Train Your Brain Day, an “unofficial” national holiday.

HUMAN BEHAVIOR EXPERIMENT
If you start with a cage containing five monkeys, and inside the cage hang a banana on a string from the top, and then you place a set of stairs under the banana, before long a monkey will go to the stairs and climb toward the banana.
As soon as he touches the stairs, you spray ALL the monkeys with cold water.
After a while another monkey makes an attempt with same result -- ALL the monkeys are sprayed with cold water. Pretty soon when another monkey tries to climb the stairs, the other monkeys will try to prevent it.
Now, put the cold water away.
Remove one monkey from the cage and replace it with a new monkey. The new monkey sees the banana and attempts to climb the stairs. To his shock, ALL of the other monkeys beat the Monkey Crap out of him.
After another attempt and attack, he knows that if he tries to climb the stairs he will be assaulted.
Next, remove another of the original five monkeys, replacing it with a new monkey.
The newcomer goes to the stairs and is attacked. The previous newcomer takes part in the punishment -- with enthusiasm -- because he is now part of the "team."
Then, replace a third original monkey with a new monkey, followed by the fourth, then the fifth. Every time the newest monkey takes to the stairs, he is attacked.
Now, the monkeys that are beating him up have no idea why they were not permitted to climb the stairs. Neither do they know why they are participating in the beating of the newest monkey.
Finally, having replaced all of the original monkeys, none of the remaining monkeys will have ever been sprayed with cold water. Nevertheless, not one of the monkeys will try to climb the stairway for the banana.
Why, you ask? Because in their minds, that is the way it has always been!
This, my friends, is how in Washington, D.C. today's House and Senate both operate; and this is why, from time to time: ALL of the monkeys need to be REPLACED AT THE SAME TIME!

DISCLAIMER: This is meant as no disrespect to monkeys.

Attach file:

jpg  grinner.jpg (27.61 KB)
852_543bc3f35bfa3.jpg 333X334 px
Posted on: 2014/10/13 12:21

istter1 Re: Monday Chat 10.13.14 (Early Edition)
Elite Guru
Bakersfield Ca
2336 Posts

Looking at a nice day in the 80s. After school Moose and I are going out to a Milo field and do a little practice on Pheasant hunting. This boy loves the birds
Posted on: 2014/10/13 13:43

Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7681 Posts

AND THE DRIP GOES ON---FOUR INCHES IN THE RAIN GAUGE FROM THE LAST THREE DAYS AND MORE COMING. I'M GLAD WE LIVE ON A HILL. AREAS TO THE NORTH GOT MORE; OUR TOPOGRAPHY SEEMS TO SPARE US THE WORST IN WEATHER EVENTS.

THINK I'LL GO TO TULSA TODAY, CABIN FEVER IS SETTING IN.
Posted on: 2014/10/13 13:59

Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7681 Posts

Quote:

istter1 wrote:
Looking at a nice day in the 80s. After school Moose and I are going out to a Milo field and do a little practice on Pheasant hunting. This boy loves the birds

GOOD LUCK. IT'S GREAT WHEN YOU GET THE JUNG JAGERS INTO THE FIELD. WHAT KIND OF DOG DO YOU TAKE OUT?
Posted on: 2014/10/13 14:03

Ultraman Re: Monday Chat 10.13.14 (Early Edition)
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14759 Posts

...train your brain day huh.....nuts I forgot what I was going to say about that...

Brad you still got the Gophers...they are doing ok...for now anyway.....

Windy cool and rainy here today and its time to go back to work this week....if Obama would just send me money I wouldn't have to work....I better write him again....

Not much else going on.....have a fine day Guru's....
Posted on: 2014/10/13 14:06

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Matatk Re: Monday Chat 10.13.14 (Early Edition)
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22807 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

A little sore today, but I slept 9 1/2 hours last night so that was wonderful. Our good friend Rick (vettetech81) ran in to a problem with his F250 6.0 diesel the other day. Had a misfire on the passenger side, which turned out to be exhaust gas leaking into the injection chamber (due to design of oil/fuel injection system). This meant disassembly of the passenger side head/fuel injection system. Rick is currently unable to do any mechanic wrenching due to his back issues, so I jumped in to help. Book time is 5-6 hours I believe. We got it done in 7 hours, which included extensive cleaning of one of the injectors (and the injector cups in the head) that we found had a bad copper crush washer allowing the exhaust gases to enter the combustion chamber. It was a miserable, terrible job because of bolt access. 1/2 the time I spent on a stepstool hanging over the side of the fender (he has a 4" lift kit) and the other half was kneeling on top of the engine bay. But it is done and the truck is running well again.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew

Posted on: 2014/10/13 14:11

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33772 Posts

Matt, nice of you to help. What goes around comes around or at least you can hope it does. My shoulder is acting up again. I think it must be from sleeping on it wrong. It's not too big of a problem. Only hurts when I move it. I'm sure there's something in Brad's suggested pressure points book for that, if only I could remember where I put it. No big deal. I wouldn't follow the procedure anyway. Never do.
Posted on: 2014/10/13 14:23

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Posted on: 2014/10/13 15:11

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Tommy, the book has more use than just a dust-collection instrument. In fact, the guy who wrote it had a bum shoulder ;-)
Posted on: 2014/10/13 15:12

Huskerland
14759 Posts

Matt I have see the whole truck body and bed raised up off the engine and frame to get at those 6.0's......suggest to Rick a nice Duramax is recommended to avoid those Ford issues.....

....splash one bogie, Hawk command......
.....Roger that Hawk one, good hunting!.....
Posted on: 2014/10/13 16:01

Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22807 Posts

Marcus -

having done the job once now, and knowing the tricks and what specialty tools I would need, I could do it again in 5 hours or less.

As far as Rick's truck, it is very sharp. I will find a pic later.

Matthew
Posted on: 2014/10/13 16:22

teebee Re: Monday Chat 10.13.14 (Early Edition)
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12374 Posts

Hey guys....been stuck in meetings all day. I'd rather be poked in the eye with a hot stick. The afternoon session was a nodder. I fell asleep about a third of the way through. I guess I wasn't the only one, someone told me that the Superintendent sitting behind me one row and to my left also fell asleep....she got up and left and didn't come back. The privileges of being the boss I guess.

Posted on: 2014/10/13 22:09

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22807 Posts

Here is a photo of Rick's lifted F250 diesel.

Attach file:

jpeg  IMG_22334470985484.jpeg (63.34 KB)
994_543c5d2f5b164.jpeg 604X453 px
Posted on: 2014/10/13 23:16

Huskerland
14759 Posts

Nice truck.....I can see why it was a bitch to work on....
Posted on: 2014/10/14 1:23

Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22807 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
Nice truck.....I can see why it was a bitch to work on....

I think it's a 4" lift but also has bigger tires and rims.
Posted on: 2014/10/14 2:02

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.