Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
284 user(s) are online (257 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  D36
This references the rear differential.

The Dana 36 was the smaller unit. It was used on all 1984 Corvettes, and all automatic Corvettes thru 199...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Ultraman Monday Monday Chat 3-16-15
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14745 Posts

Up and going.....couldn't wait for the weekend to get over so I could get back to work.......yeah right.....

Gotta get going more later from the great plains.....let's roll Guru's.....
Posted on: 2015/3/16 11:13

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

TommyT-Bone Re: Monday Monday Chat 3-16-15
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Off to my dermatologist/surgeon this morning for a follow up on my forehead surgery. I'm lucky I have a forehead. Some people only have a twohead .........

Meanwhile .........

A cartoonist was found dead in his home. Details are sketchy.

Jokes about German sausages are the wurst.

I know a guy who's addicted to brake fluid, but he says he can stop any time.

I stayed up all night to see where the sun went, and then it dawned on me.

I'm reading a book about anti-gravity. I just can't put it down.

I didn't like my beard at first. Then it grew on me.

Broken pencils are pretty much pointless.

I got a job at a bakery because I kneaded dough.

Velcro - what a rip off.

Posted on: 2015/3/16 11:38

captmike13 Re: Monday Monday Chat 3-16-15
Elite Guru
Hillsboro Mo
2165 Posts

Good morning gang.

I got my bookmarks made and hopefully I can continue to post from work now.

Hope everyone had a good weekend. It was almost 60* at the house and if felt real good to open windows and spend some time outside. I still have ice next to the house that doesn't get any sunshine at all. I almost have the door handle fixed in the truck. I'll post about it later when I have it fixed.

On with today.

Word of the day is collywobbles.

Today is NATIONAL ARTICHOKE HEARTS DAY

March 16th is National Artichoke Hearts Day. According to the California Artichoke Advisory Board, artichokes are a good source of antioxidants, vitamin C, folate, and magnesium. The antioxidants in artichokes are very good for your liver and help promote healthy skin. Artichokes are also high in fiber, calcium and protein while low in calories. For all of these reason, along with being fat free and cholesterol free, artichokes are truly a healthy and delicious food to celebrate!

The total antioxidant capacity of artichoke flower heads is one of the highest reported for vegetables
The fleshy base of the artichoke is perhaps the most enjoyably edible part of this oddly-shaped vegetable.
You can find artichoke hearts that are packed in vinegar, oil or marinade and canned.
They make for a great low sodium snack, and lend themselves well to other snacks like artichoke dip, as well as an pizza topping.
Toss them in the skillet for a savory sautee.
They might just turn into a healthy addiction!
California is known as the artichoke capital of the world. They supply nearly 100% of North American fresh artichokes.

NATIONAL ARTICHOKE HEARTS DAY HISTORY

Our research has failed to find the origin and the creator of National Artichoke Day, an “unofficial” National holiday.

NATIONAL FREEDOM OF INFORMATION DAY

March 16th celebrates National Freedom of Information Day. This day is an annual event held during Sunshine Week. National Freedom of Information Day celebrates the birthday of President James Madison. Madison is known as the “Father of the Constitution” and as the foremost advocate for openness in government. He is also hailed as being instrumental in the drafting of the United States Constitution and as the key champion and author of the United States Bill of Rights. Individual rights and freedom of information were of high importance to Madison.

James Madison, Jr. (March 16, 1751 – June 28, 1836) was an American statesman and political theorist. (Wikipedia)
James Madison was the 4th President of the United States of America (1809-1817) .
The Freedom of Information Act was passed into law in 1966.
NATIONAL FREEDOM OF INFORMATION DAY HISTORY

This day is recognized and documented in U.S. Government websites, however our research left us unsure of the creator of the day We believe it to be part of the creation of Sunshine Week. National Freedom of Information Day is an “unofficial” National holiday.

NATIONAL EVERYTHING YOU DO IS RIGHT DAY

Yesterday may have been a difficult day as it was National Everything You Think Is Wrong Day, but March 16th is just the opposite as it is National Everything You Do Is Right Day. You get to feel good about everything that you do.

National Everything You Do Is Right Day tells us we can forget about logic, forget about rules, forget about common sense, forget about deadlines and etc. However, please be careful as once it is over, you will have to answer for everything you did and everything that happened.

Have a Safe, Legal and Fun Everything You Do Is Right Day.

NATIONAL EVERYTHING YOU DO IS RIGHT DAY HISTORY

We were unable, in our research, to find the creator and origin of National Everything You Do Is Right Day, an “unofficial” National holiday.
Posted on: 2015/3/16 11:38

captmike13@yahoo.com

Matatk Re: Monday Monday Chat 3-16-15
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22804 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Mike, hopefully you can post at work with no issues, not sure how the new bosses are with that. Good luck with the door handle fix.

Not much going on here. Looking forward to some nice weather today.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2015/3/16 11:54

pianoguy Re: Monday Monday Chat 3-16-15
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Gabagaba nonoa!

Last day of "summer" here. Temps will trend back into the 30's by the weekend. I drove the Corvette to work today, managed to fire up the grill last night, and we made a pilgrimage to the Dairy Queen last night as well. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

Have a good day, yawlz!
Posted on: 2015/3/16 12:23

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

After a heavy night of drinking I often had the collywobbles .........
Posted on: 2015/3/16 12:48

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Posted on: 2015/3/16 12:51

GRIS Re: Monday Monday Chat 3-16-15
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7657 Posts

SUNNY AND COOL THIS MORNING IN THE NATIONS. 75 THE PREDICTED HIGH. MAYBE WE CAN DRY OUT SOME BEFORE THE NEXT ROUND OF RAIN.

MUST FLEE MY ABODE TODAY AS DARLING WIFE'S LITTLE OLD LADIES CLUB IS MEETING HERE.

Hanlon's Razor: "Never attribute to malice, that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."
Posted on: 2015/3/16 13:26

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

teebee Re: Monday Monday Chat 3-16-15
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12367 Posts

Morning guys....going to be warm here today, 81, Can't beat that. We slept in, not much on the agenda. We are still in KC. Rosie wants to do some shopping today, then tomorrow the plan is to go south west. Again making the trip home, but not in the normal direction. We are going by to visit my brother. He's supposed to get out of the hospital today. Really need to go by and see him.

Well, Rosie is putting her shoes on, better get going.
Posted on: 2015/3/16 15:32

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

At 09:00 when I headed for my appointment I had some energy, but now that I've returned I'm draggin ass ... I can't nap either. Just to much that needs attention. Had another cup o'joe. Hope it helps.

Attach file:

png  dragging ass.png (193.88 KB)
852_5507018380008.png 399X253 px
Posted on: 2015/3/16 16:15

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Posted on: 2015/3/16 16:19

pianoguy Re: Monday Monday Chat 3-16-15
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

An elderly gentleman had serious hearing problems for a number of years. He went to the doctor and the doctor was able to have him fitted for a set of hearing aids that allowed the gentleman to hear 100%
The elderly gentleman went back in a month to the doctor and the doctor said, 'Your hearing is perfect.. Your family must be really pleased that you can hear again.'
The gentleman replied, 'Oh, I haven't told my family yet.
I just sit around and listen to the conversations. I've changed my will three times!'

Two elderly gentlemen from a retirement center were sitting on a bench under a tree when one turns to the other and says: 'Slim, I'm 83 years old now and I'm just full of aches and pains. I know you're about my age. How do you feel?'
Slim says, 'I feel just like a newborn baby.'
'Really!? Like a newborn baby!?'
'Yep. No hair, no teeth, and I think I just wet my pants.'

An elderly couple had dinner at another couple's house, and after eating, the wives left the table and went into the kitchen.
The two gentlemen were talking, and one said, 'Last night we went out to a new restaurant and it was really great. . . I would recommend it very highly.'
The other man said, 'What is the name of the restaurant?'
The first man thought and thought and finally said, 'What is the name of that flower you give to someone you love?
You know... The one that's red and has thorns.'
'Do you mean a rose?'
'Yes, that's the one,' replied the man. He then turned towards the kitchen and yelled, 'Rose, what's the name of that restaurant we went to last night?'

Hospital regulations require a wheel chair for patients being discharged. However, while working as a student nurse, I found one elderly gentleman already dressed and sitting on the bed with a suitcase at his feet, who insisted he d idn't need my help to leave the hospital.
After a chat about rules being rules, he reluctantly let me wheel him to the elevator.
On the way down I asked him if his wife was meeting him.
'I don't know,' he said. 'She's still upstairs in the bathroom changing out of her hospital gown.'

Couple in their nineties are both having problems remembering things. During a checkup, the doctor tells them that they're physically okay, but they might want to start writing things down to help them remember…
Later that night, while watching TV, the old man gets up from his chair. 'Want anything while I'm in the kitchen?' he asks.
'Will you get me a bowl of ice cream?'
'Sure..'
'Don't you think you should write it down so you can remember it?' she asks.
'No, I can remember it.'
'Well, I'd like some strawberries on top, too. Maybe you should write it down, so as not to forget it?'
He says, 'I can remember that. You want a bowl of ice cream with strawberries.'
'I'd also like whipped cream. I'm certain you'll forget that, write it down?' she asks.
Irritated, he says, 'I don't need to write it down, I can remember it! Ice cream with strawberries and whipped cream - I got it, for goodness sake!'
Then he toddles into the kitchen. After about 20 minutes, The old man returns from the kitchen and hands his wife a plate of bacon and eggs.. She stares at the plate for a moment.
'Where's my toast ? '

A senior citizen said to his eighty-year old buddy:
'So I hear you're getting married?'
'Yep!'
'Do I know her?'
'Nope!'
'This woman, is she good looking?'
'Not really.'
'Is she a good cook?'
'Naw, she can't cook too well.'
'Does she have lots of money?'
'Nope! Poor as a church mouse.'
'Well, then, is she good in bed?'
'I don't know.'
'Why in the world do you want to marry her then?'
'Because she can still drive!'

Three old guys are out walking.
First one says, 'Windy, isn't it?'
Second one says, 'No, it's Thursday!'
Third one says, 'So am I. Let's go get a beer..'

A man was telling his neighbor, 'I just bought a new hearing aid. It cost me four thousand dollars, but it's state of the art.. It's perfect.'
'Really,' answered the neighbor . 'What kind is it?'
'Twelve thirty..'

Morris , an 82 year-old man, went to the doctor to get a physical.
A few days later, the doctor saw Morris walking down the street with a gorgeous young woman on his arm.
A couple of days later, the doctor spoke to Morris and said, 'You're really doing great, aren't you?'
Morris replied, 'Just doing what you said, Doc: 'Get a hot mamma and be cheerful.''
The doctor said, 'I didn't say that.. I said, 'You've got a heart murmur; be careful.'

And One more..!

A little old man shuffled slowly into an ice cream parlor and pulled himself slowly, painfully, up onto a stool … After catching his breath, he ordered a banana split.
The waitress asked kindly, 'Crushed nuts?'
'No,' he replied, 'Arthritis.'
Posted on: 2015/3/16 16:20

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Ultraman Re: Monday Monday Chat 3-16-15
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14745 Posts

Those are starting to hit a little close to home there Brad......for me anyway....
Posted on: 2015/3/16 17:47

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22804 Posts

Those were good, Brad.
Posted on: 2015/3/16 22:09

Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22804 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

Some nice choices here .....

https://autos.yahoo.com/news/10-future ... d-hold-now-205028393.html

I don't see too many mass produced vehicles being collectible in 20 years. How about the guys that bought brand new ZR1s in the 1990s, garage stored them, and can't sell them for what they paid?
Posted on: 2015/3/16 22:15

teebee Re: Monday Monday Chat 3-16-15
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12367 Posts

No they weren't, they were way better than that!
Posted on: 2015/3/16 22:22

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.