Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
237 user(s) are online (209 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Bowling Green
Bowling Green, KY, is the location of the Corvette assembly plant since 1981. From 1954-1981, Corvettes were assembled in St Louis, MO.

The Natio...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Saturday Chat 05.27.15
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22807 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Should be mild temps here today, around 72* and partly cloudy. Normally that's beautiful weather, but I want some sun to warm up the pool water. Kids have been bugging me to go in, but it's still a little cool from all the rain.

TB - I read your cabinet and car escapades yesterday. Just make sure you used the heat sink paste on the ignition module or else it could burn out again in a short time. Glad you were able to help out some friends.

No other news here.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2015/6/27 10:40

TommyT-Bone Re: Saturday Chat 05.27.15
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33774 Posts

GMCG's

Posted on: 2015/6/27 12:56
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33774 Posts

Cooling off. Here are 2 pics of my BILs pool at his plant nursery. My nieces are visiting from S.Carolina.

Attach file:

jpg  Alberts pool 2.jpg (23.40 KB)
852_558ea861c7006.jpg 222X395 px

jpg  Alberts pol.jpg (39.19 KB)
852_558ea86fb9a15.jpg 480X270 px
Posted on: 2015/6/27 13:43

Ultraman Re: Saturday Chat 05.27.15
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14760 Posts

Now that's a pool........out here we call that a water event.......very nice!

Good work on the friend's truck Tom..... I applied the Rejex last night and it was impressive, very impressive....the GS is shining like a diamond in a goats butt......now do they have some kind of detailer for regular clean up or is this it?

I may be saying goodby to Mr. Chadwick.......

Today we are putting the house back together since we have put in the new floors and painted the walls. The furniture has been delivered so I will hang pictures up and do all kinds of stuff that my bride has on the list........I don't mind it.........I don't mind it..........I don't mind it.........I have to keep saying that to myself because all I want to do is nap around and goof off............ but Tommy has inspired me so it's up and at'em...............

I will take a pic when its done........

Have some fun Guru's......
Posted on: 2015/6/27 14:17

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Huskerland
14760 Posts

Wow.....the Guru web site is like on warp speed this morning....have changes been made?

Matt.....don't they have pool heaters that can get the temp up so you can jump in with the kiddo's? Probably takes a lot of electricity though......

So far we are liking the city water.....the pressure is constant and that is new to us..........
Posted on: 2015/6/27 14:25

GRIS Re: Saturday Chat 05.27.15
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7682 Posts

THE RAIN HAS COME AND GONE, INCH AND A QUARTER YESTERDAY AFTERNOON, SUN SHINING NOW. THE CHEROKEES ARE CONTENT.

THE COON WARS HAVE REIGNITED, GOT ONE SITTING IN A LIVE TRAP, CONTEMPLATING HIS SINS. I'LL EITHER SHOOT HIM OR CARRY HIM ACROSS THE RIVER AND TURN HIM LOOSE.

DARLING WIFE IS OFF TO ARKANSAS TO BABY SIT, THAT LEAVES ME AND THE COONS TO OUR OWN DEVICES :-)
Posted on: 2015/6/27 14:28

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33774 Posts

I catch and release Gris. It ain't the coons fault. He's just doing what he does. They sure are some musky and feisty bastards.
Posted on: 2015/6/27 15:12

pianoguy Re: Saturday Chat 05.27.15
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

*yawn* *stretch* *snap* *crackle* *pop*

Greetings! We had a good time at the tournament yesterday, the weather was great except for one little refreshing sun shower for part of one hole. That was on the other end of town, and I guess it poured here at home, so that worked out well. Now today I will be out tackling the pile of rocks that is out in the street (my wife told the delivery guy to dump them in the driveway, but he did not). I will be keeping my bottle of Advil handy.

GRIS, I hear that if you cut him loose, you have to take him about 10 miles away or he'll find his way back.

Enjoy your day, Gurus!
Posted on: 2015/6/27 15:20

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33774 Posts

Dayum. I was putting together some plastic shelving and somehow managed to misplace 4 shelf legs. I can't find them anywhere. So now I have one with 6 shelves and the other with 5 and a leftover shelf Cat just drew blood on my forearm as I was typing this ........... Come ere kitty, come on .................. The cat is a spayed male. I told Sue ALL cats are she's. Well ...... they are .....

Posted on: 2015/6/27 16:24

Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7682 Posts

WELL, THE CATCH AND RELEASE COON IS NOW EXPLORING THE TRANS-NEOSHO HABITAT, MAYBE 15 MILES AWAY AND ACROSS A PRETTY GOOD SIZED RIVER.

WHEN I WENT OUT TO LOAD UP SHE WAS CURLED UP IN THE TRAP TAKING A NAP, A COON AFTER MY OWN HEART :-) VERY CALM ANIMAL, NO HISSING SNARLING, SNAPPING, OR AGITATION AS I CARRIED THE TRAP TO THE TRUCK. AT MY HABITUAL COON DISPOSAL SITE SHE CAUTIOUSLY CRAWLED OUT OF THE TRAP, JUMPED OFF THE TAILGATE AND RAN, RATHER SEDATELY, TO THE BRUSH.

IT OCCURRED TO ME, THIS MAY NOT HAVE BEEN HER FIRST RODEO ;-)

WENT BY THE FLEA MARKET AND SCORED SOME CASSETTE TAPES TO PLAY IN THE '87. JERRY LEE LEWIS, TOM T HALL, CLINT BLACK, WHOO WHOO!
Posted on: 2015/6/27 17:04

Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7682 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:I catch and release Gris. It ain't the coons fault. He's just doing what he does. They sure are some musky and feisty bastards.

I USUALLY DO, ALTHOUGH AT ONE POINT, A FEW YEARS BACK, I WAS CATCHING SO MANY I GOT TIRED OF HAULING THEM OFF AND WOULD JUST SHOOT THEM AND THROW THE CARCASS OFF UP IN THE WOODS FOR THEIR KIN TO DINE UPON.
Posted on: 2015/6/27 17:15

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33774 Posts

I'm getting soft in my older age and feel bad about the termination of existence of most creatures. There are some that are still on my eradication list though. Pythons for one. I leave the harmless snakes alone or scoot them away. Even fish. If I'm not going to eat em, I let them go. I had one guy on my boat that killed every grunt that got on his line calling them bait stealers. Needless to say, he was never invited back. Spiders are on my kill list when they web up the fruit trees. Bufo toads .......... gone in 60 seconds. They carry toxic poison that will kill a pet and they're not native. I freeze them. Puts them into torpor and they die sleeping. I can't just kill for the sake of killing. Did that as a kid and always regretted it. As you can probably deduce, I am not a hunter. Not that I am anti-hunter. If you hunt for meat that's all up to you. I enjoy a nice piece of venison from time to time myself.

What the hell am I ranting on about now? lol ........
Posted on: 2015/6/27 17:43

Matatk Re: Saturday Chat 05.27.15
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22807 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
Wow.....the Guru web site is like on warp speed this morning....have changes been made?

Matt.....don't they have pool heaters that can get the temp up so you can jump in with the kiddo's? Probably takes a lot of electricity though......

So far we are liking the city water.....the pressure is constant and that is new to us..........

Gas heater would run about 2500-3000 installed plus the gas to run it. Solar beaters are very large and don't raise temps nearly as much.
Posted on: 2015/6/27 19:11

Huskerland
14760 Posts

Ya that's pretty pricy Matt......a wet suit would work for you I think....and then you could just float around......we used to wear them water skiing when the lakes were like ice in the spring......I use to love slalom skiing.......trying to remember the name of the ski I had.....hmmmm.....I think it was an early Obrien and I know it was wood.....those were good times on the lake....especially when we would take some girls along for the day and then we would........mmmmm........nevermind.......
Posted on: 2015/6/27 19:45

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

My son helped me, so we dispatched the rock pile in relatively short order. It was about 2.3 tons. I think I will enjoy a frosty beverage and a siesta.
Posted on: 2015/6/27 19:52

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

teebee Re: Saturday Chat 05.27.15
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12374 Posts

Hey guys..been going after it since I got up. Spraying finish and hanging the doors as I get them done (lacquer is nice that way). I'm in to clean up and go to church. It's early today as we are having a going away-retirement-celebration of his ordination party for our priest. New priest moves in Tuesday or Wednesday. I'm reader and ministering at church, so I guess I ought to go take a shower and be presentable.

Marcus, just use your choice of detailers over the top of the Rejex. I usually give it another coat (of Rejex) on the front end right before a trip just to be sure of a slick surface.
Posted on: 2015/6/27 20:05

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Posted on: 2015/6/27 22:09

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33774 Posts

Quote:

pianoguy wrote:
None for me, thanks:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/wcRuXrduj6Q

I just invented a technically advanced window cleaning system for high rise buildings. Each floor would have a tracked high pressure water system that would go up and down for one cleaning cycle. Then you would only need the system repairman for breakdowns..
Posted on: 2015/6/27 22:54

captmike13 Re: Saturday Chat 05.27.15
Elite Guru
Hillsboro Mo
2166 Posts

Good evening gang.
I worked today as it was raining most of the day. We lost power today around 8:30 am. The latest update is power should be restored on the 30th some time. The good thing is that the ot will look good in my paycheck.chat later.
Posted on: 2015/6/27 23:22

captmike13@yahoo.com

Huskerland
14760 Posts

Quote:

pianoguy wrote:
None for me, thanks:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/wcRuXrduj6Q

Not enough money to get me up there I'm thinking.......wow......
Posted on: 2015/6/28 3:26

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.