Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
134 user(s) are online (99 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  NHMS
New Hampshire Motor Speedway. This is the new name for New Hampshire International Speedway from now on. ...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Monday Chat 11.02.15
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22811 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Hope everyone had an enjoyable weekend. Tom, congrats to your baseball team on the big win. Must be exciting for the city/state.

Not much to report here. Work today then off for a couple. I hope I can get in the garage and get the steering rack out. Maybe get the motor sent to the shop. It's a logistics issue at this point because the shop is an hour away and I have to borrow my BIL's truck to do it. It'll get done eventually.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2015/11/2 11:32

Ultraman Re: Monday Chat 11.02.15
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14789 Posts

How about them Royals.......!!! Wow what a great game, the 9th to the 12th innings were as good as it gets in baseball......glad I stayed up.....congrats to the team......

In other news the Husker coaches are focusing on 3 problems to fix this week before our game with Michigan State.......that would be the offense, defense and special teams........ The last time we were beat by such a horrible team was 1955 when Hawaii came to Lincoln with out their starting QB and only had 27 players on their team and beat us 6 to 0......I am not making this up.......

Today I am buying a big truck, the oil sample came back with no problems and I am going to pull the trigger.......I will post some pics......

Weather is in the 70's for 3 or 4 days so we will be taking advantage of that.....have a safe day Guru's......
Posted on: 2015/11/2 13:15

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

TommyT-Bone Re: Monday Chat 11.02.15
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33808 Posts

Busy week ahead. It's gonna be a big job. So big I'll be working it almost all week. That will make Sue happy as it should put a nice check into the business account. Makes me happy too. Happy wife, happy life . I've put all my home chores on the back burner till the jobs done. All my stuff will still be waiting for me next week. We'll have a house full of visitors for Thanksgiving weekend so that means I have to get everything ship shape. You know, make the place look like you live in a house with a perfectly manicured yard and everything is so clean inside. That means weeks of work getting ready for that. It's all good because Mama and her boyfriend will be coming down in Early December and going with us on the cruise. Mama is a big fan of a clean house too. Ah .... My first ..... Ring ....... Ring. I have a pick up to do. Adious.

Tom, congrats to YOUR team on the victory.
Posted on: 2015/11/2 14:02

pianoguy Re: Monday Chat 11.02.15
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Makasta ya agaw!

The sun is shining, and it's supposed to be in the mid-60's for the next few days - not too shabby for this time of year. Good thing, too - I still have yardwork to do. My neighbor picked up leaves 3 times in our yards while we were gone - he said he'd never seen so many. I need to mow again and get some fertilizer down, along with a few other chores. And it's probably time to get serious about getting the snowblower ready to roll.

Congrats to the Royals - great series for them!

Have a good day, Gurus!
Posted on: 2015/11/2 14:03

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33808 Posts

For Marcus ...............

Posted on: 2015/11/2 14:08

teebee Re: Monday Chat 11.02.15
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12391 Posts

Morning guys......It was a late night for me, I stayed up WAY past my bedtime watching the post game shows. Hit the sack about 2. I'm so happy for the Royals, and their fans. Lots of work to do today and this week. I'd better get to it as I've gotten a late start.
Posted on: 2015/11/2 14:27

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

GRIS Re: Monday Chat 11.02.15
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7723 Posts

COOL & HAZY IN THE NATIONS THIS MORNING, HOPE IT BURNS OFF SOON. THE CHEROKEES CAN EXPECT SOME FIRST CLASS VENISON THIS FALL AS THERE IS A BUMPER CROP OF ACORNS.

BEST DEER I EVER ATE WAS FATTENED ON LIVE OAK ACORNS. NO LIVE OAKS AROUND HERE, BUT WHITE OAK PROLIFERATES. IN THE DAY OF FREE RANGE HOGS A BIG ACORN CROP MEANT GOOD PORK.

ALL THAT IS ACADEMIC TO ME, THE DAMN THINGS STOP UP THE GUTTERS ON THE HOUSE :-(
Posted on: 2015/11/2 15:12

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

Huskerland
14789 Posts

Don't they have free range hogs in Texas.....guys up here are always going to Texas to shoot hogs......
Posted on: 2015/11/2 15:32

Huskerland
14789 Posts

Need a little music to get in the mood....

Posted on: 2015/11/2 15:35

Huskerland
14789 Posts

Posted on: 2015/11/2 15:43

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33808 Posts

Funny thing I got called out on by my spouse the other day. I put a wad money in my pocket the other day with $20's on the outside. She's always sayin "Guys always do that."Why don't you put the singles on the outside. Do you want to get robbed?" I told her it was a guy thing that goes back to the teenage years when a guy is showing he has money in his pockets. I told her "Old habits die hard.". So what about y'all? Singles on the outside or the big bill out? I know somebody around here must walk around with their pockets inside out because there pockets are empty.
Posted on: 2015/11/2 16:22

GRIS Re: Monday Chat 11.02.15
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7723 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
Don't they have free range hogs in Texas.....guys up here are always going to Texas to shoot hogs......

THOSE ARE FERAL PIGS, AND THEY ARE A REAL PROBLEM IN A LOT OF PLACES. IN LOVE COUNTY OK. THERE WERE A BUNCH OF COWBOYS WHO USED TO RUN THEM ON HORSEBACK WITH DOGS. WHEN THE DOGS CAUGHT ONE, TWO DOGS WOULD GET THE PIG BY THE EARS AND SOMEBODY WITH THE IQ OF A GERANIUM WOULD GET DOWN AND STICK THE HOG WITH A KNIFE.

FREE RANGE HOGS WERE COMMON YEARS AGO IN EAST TEXAS, ARKANSAS, LOUISIANA, AND THE MID SOUTH. THEY WERE EARMARKED TURNED OUT TO "ROOT HOG, OR DIE" IN THE WOODS AND ROUNDED UP AT THE START OF WINTER FOR SLAUGHTER. THIS WAS A TIME HONORED PRACTICE BROUGHT WITH THE EUROPEAN COLONISTS. OPEN RANGE FELL PREY TO INCREASED POPULATION AND THE AUTOMOBILE.
Posted on: 2015/11/2 17:56

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

bogus Re: Monday Chat 11.02.15
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20860 Posts

Good afternoon, gang!

Playing catch-up at work... we had much of the network down for major chunks of the weekend and my databases took a few hits because of it.

Nothing terminal.

Saturday, being Halloween, is the annual West Hollywood Halloween Carnival. The theme was the Rocky Horror Picture Show, due to it's 40th anniversary. They were expecting 500,000(!) people there for the night. A mile or so of Santa Monica Blvd was closed, a number of local bars provided the lubrication, several stages were open with live music, Boy George did a rare concert and the regional hospitals were all on alert!

From what I hear, the night went just fine... I now wonder... did they get 500,000 people to do the Time Warp? That would be insane...

Personally, bastet44 and I went to a new Turkish restaurant for dinner (quite yummy!) and then to a local theater to see a touring production of the Addams Family, staring Bronson Pinchot, from Perfect Strangers fame. Great fun.

And, on a Corvette note, replaced the harness for the headlight switch and now I have parking lights again! Whoo-hoo!

Finally, it looks like we are going to get Fall... a real cold front is coming through and bringing rain and snow to upper elevations.

October was the hottest October on record for SoCal... and I must admit, I am sick and tired of that kinda heat! For those who have never visited SoCal, the summer sun has a special setting called "nuke yo ass". I was out in it yesterday, the temps were only about 80, but the sun make it feel about 800! I even had the sun screen in place blocking the windshield! Oh, and no breeze at all.

Just whacked out.

Big props to the Royals! I love it when small market teams do well. Oh, and beating the Met's was just a bonus.

Posted on: 2015/11/2 20:54

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

bogus Re: Monday Chat 11.02.15
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20860 Posts

Posted on: 2015/11/2 20:56

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

Matatk Re: Monday Chat 11.02.15
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22811 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Funny thing I got called out on by my spouse the other day. I put a wad money in my pocket the other day with $20's on the outside. She's always sayin "Guys always do that."Why don't you put the singles on the outside. Do you want to get robbed?" I told her it was a guy thing that goes back to the teenage years when a guy is showing he has money in his pockets. I told her "Old habits die hard.". So what about y'all? Singles on the outside or the big bill out? I know somebody around here must walk around with their pockets inside out because there pockets are empty.

When I was a kid my dad taught me to arrange the money so the singles are on the outside. No need to show people what you've got. I've always done it like that since.
Posted on: 2015/11/3 1:21

pianoguy Re: Monday Chat 11.02.15
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

I had set a mousetrap up in the garage rafters before we went on vacation - I remembered to check it today. Got one. So I'm gonna put a better trap up there, as well as try to figure out where he came from:

http://fivegallonideas.com/bucket-mouse-trap/
Posted on: 2015/11/3 2:16

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

teebee Re: Monday Chat 11.02.15
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12391 Posts

Big day here. Grouted the tile, helped install a sliding patio door, then worked on the cabinets and made trim for a couple of projects. My butt is dragging, I guess staying up late is catching up with me.
Posted on: 2015/11/3 2:27

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

istter1 Re: Monday Chat 11.02.15
Elite Guru
Bakersfield Ca
2336 Posts

Hope no one got sick or died since my last visit
Posted on: 2015/11/3 4:14

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33808 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:
When I was a kid my dad taught me to arrange the money so the singles are on the outside. It's easier to tip the strippers that way.

Fixt ...... kinda ..........

Your original answer makes sense for the humble but for a testosterone driven 16 y/o, the $20's on the outside just seemed to make more sense. Though it never really did anything to enhance my chance for finding a date. Beer, wine and reefer seemed to do a lot more than any tucked $20 ever did. ............. If I were to have ever done such a thing .......
Posted on: 2015/11/3 5:20

BillH Re: Monday Chat 11.02.15
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Quote:

Matatk wrote:
When I was a kid my dad taught me to arrange the money so the singles are on the outside. It's easier to tip the strippers that way.

Fixt ...... kinda ..........

Your original answer makes sense for the humble but for a testosterone driven 16 y/o, the $20's on the outside just seemed to make more sense. Though it never really did anything to enhance my chance for finding a date. Beer, wine and reefer seemed to do a lot more than any tucked $20 ever did. ............. If I were to have ever done such a thing .......

A roll pf quarters works much better.
Posted on: 2015/11/3 14:16

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.