Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
257 user(s) are online (226 user(s) are browsing Forums)

teebee, more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Seats
Both could be power, neither could be.

However, if they are, they should move fore/aft and up down with little more than an electric motor whine....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Wednesday Chat 03.30.16
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Drove the car to work yesterday to give it a nice test run. A total of 50 miles round trip. Everything seemed to run well. The vibration from the motor mounts is still ever present. It may have lessened a little bit, or could be my imagination. I also dropped it off at the alignment shop and had a 4 wheel alignment done. Apparently the rear was way off, but my buddy fixed it up for me. So I should be good to go.

Should be warm here with rain later in the evening. I'm not driving the Vette today, but I did order new wiper blades from RA. I figured the current ones are 10 years old, time for a new set.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2016/3/30 11:43

teebee Re: Wednesday Chat 03.30.16
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12369 Posts

Morning guys....Back to the 'city' one more day. I'm hoping that I can finish up everything for now. I know I have to go back after they get the new tile floors in to install the baseboard.

Glad the car is running well, Matt. As far as wipers go, I change them in HOPES that we will get some rain someday.

Supposed to be springlike today, seasonably warm and windy.

Better get to it, have a great day guys.
Posted on: 2016/3/30 12:34

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Ultraman Re: Wednesday Chat 03.30.16
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14747 Posts

Whirlwind day yesterday.....now back to some other work.....thinking of moving Ma and stepdad up here from Kansas to keep better track of them....and we could see them everyday or so......am going to check with area facilities today.....hell I don't know what to do.....I'm making this up as I go along....

Drove a fast trip back last night.....2 and a half hours to do about 160 miles. the roads were empty so I let the GS get a little long legged....popped up over a hill on U.S. 24 running about 78 in a 65 and Hiway patrol was sitting on a dirt road pointing north as I was headed west. I didn't even lift and ran through his radar for a 10th of a second with a side arrow coming on....I heard somewhere that they can't track you from the side.....I never hit the brakes and just kept going like I knew what I was doing and he chose not to follow......kinda lucky there I'm thinking......

Have a day of unqualified success Guru's........
Posted on: 2016/3/30 13:24

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Ultraman Re: Wednesday Chat 03.30.16
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14747 Posts

Atta boy Matt.......you are having fun now! Nice!
Posted on: 2016/3/30 13:26

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

pianoguy Re: Wednesday Chat 03.30.16
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Greetings! Good day to be indoors, gloomy and rainy. More of that, along with a cold snap, is on the way. Ducky.

Have a good one, yawlz!
Posted on: 2016/3/30 13:31

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

GRIS Re: Wednesday Chat 03.30.16
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7661 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
Whirlwind day yesterday.....now back to some other work.....thinking of moving Ma and stepdad up here from Kansas to keep better track of them....and we could see them everyday or so......am going to check with area facilities today.....hell I don't know what to do.....I'm making this up as I go along....

VOICE OF EXPERIENCE: CLOSE IS GOOD. FREQUENT VISITS IMPROVE THE WAY THEY ARE TREATED. MAKE THE VISITS RANDOM.
MAKE FRIENDS WITH THE ATTENDANTS. RESIDENTS THAT PAY THEIR OWN WAY ARE TREATED WITH MORE CONSIDERATION.

YOU HAVE MY DEEPEST SYMPATHIES.
Posted on: 2016/3/30 13:41

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7661 Posts

GLOOMY AND RAINY IN THE NATIONS ALSO. A LITTLE RAIN IS ACCEPTABLE TO THE CHEROKEES, AS LONG AS IT DOESN'T GET TOO STORMY.

THE NEW BARNCAT SEEMS TO BE ADJUSTING WELL. THE TWO LITTLE OKIE GRANDDAUGHTERS NAMED HIM TRUMP, WHICH MADE THEIR MOTHER HAPPY WHEN SHE NEUTERED HIM :-0 THAT MAY NOT STICK, AS A BALL-LESS TRUMP IS NO TRUMP AT ALL :-)
Posted on: 2016/3/30 13:47

KPotter Re: Wednesday Chat 03.30.16
Elite Guru
Cuyahoga Falls OH
1072 Posts

Well good morning gang. Finally I have a quiet day so I can actually get caught up on the forum.

My desktop PC threw its feet in the air a couple of weeks back and I am just about ready to pull the trigger on a new one. It will be HP but I am still tweaking the configuration of it before I place the order.

Prepping the Corvette for its second major roadtrip of the year, heading for Delaware / Maryland next weekend to launch some rockets. BIG FUN !

This weekend will be the semi-annual pancake dinner at the Grange hall in PA. Busy but fun day.

It is a chilly 37 degrees here right now, Heading for 61 later on.
Posted on: 2016/3/30 13:51

vetteblondie Re: Wednesday Chat 03.30.16
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4652 Posts

Quote:

GRIS wrote:
Quote:

Ultraman wrote:

VOICE OF EXPERIENCE: CLOSE IS GOOD. FREQUENT VISITS IMPROVE THE WAY THEY ARE TREATED. MAKE THE VISITS RANDOM.
MAKE FRIENDS WITH THE ATTENDANTS. RESIDENTS THAT PAY THEIR OWN WAY ARE TREATED WITH MORE CONSIDERATION.

YOU HAVE MY DEEPEST SYMPATHIES.

From my experience with one in 'the home' I agree with this. However, not all that pay their own way are treated better. Mine wasn't at a local facility so she was moved. Where she is now, it makes no difference if we pay or Medicaid pays I've noticed. However - with her being in the home in the town she's lived all her life - this is a facility where she knows a lot of the other residents. I also have her room positioned at the end of a hallway so the outside door is like her front door. Her visitors can come directly to her and not walk all through the place to visit. I also have her an "ATT Mobile Home" phone so she can have unlimited calling, ran off my cell service but it uses a 'home phone' handset that she's more comfortable with. Considered letting her to go Cali with her other family but she said she'd rather be here among those shes' known all her life. Yes, definitely make friends with the staff. I let Oneta do her own thing and take up for herself as she likes to be independent, but when the need arises I step in and she and they know I will.
Glad to hear the car is out and about, Matt.
Ugly weather on the way here - we had a beautiful day on Easter. perfect. Would like to be off work on more of those nice days. Might be suckered into putting on a roof at BFs house this weekend if he makes up his mind. Still trying to sell his truck so we can get 'us' another one.
Have a good day everyone.
Posted on: 2016/3/30 15:02

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

pianoguy Re: Wednesday Chat 03.30.16
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Posted on: 2016/3/30 16:39

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

KPotter Re: Wednesday Chat 03.30.16
Elite Guru
Cuyahoga Falls OH
1072 Posts

Well, I did it. New PC is on order and it should be a screamer. 4th gen quad core processor, 256gb SDD, 1tb HDD, 12gb memory. Scheduled to ship by 4/7 and 3 - 6 days for delivery. And WIN 10.
Posted on: 2016/3/30 18:56

Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7661 Posts

PROPER NUTRITION:

Attach file:

jpg  FOOD.jpg (65.90 KB)
12496_56fc24b60ffd7.jpg 600X692 px
Posted on: 2016/3/30 19:10

teebee Re: Wednesday Chat 03.30.16
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12369 Posts

Well, I finished up the job in the 'city' today. Got a check, people were very happy, I'm happy, so it was a good day. Lots to catch up on here in the next few days...
Posted on: 2016/3/31 2:17

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.