Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
283 user(s) are online (229 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Weather Stripping
It should be soft and pliable. Tears, rips and holes are red flags that the seals are bad.

Corvette weather stripping is a known problem. Replaci...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

teebee Wet Tuesday Caht 04.19.2016
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12368 Posts

Morning guys...like the title says wet Tuesday. More rain last night and we are loving it. Supposed to be in the 60's today with possibility of rain off and on.

I've got some stuff to do, finish hanging cabinets, work on the interior door, build a butcher block top kitchen island. Better get to it.

Have a great day!
Posted on: 2016/4/19 12:38

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

pianoguy Re: Wet Tuesday Caht 04.19.2016
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Hidey-ho! Cloudy at the moment, and we had rain overnight. Hopefully it will clear up later, since tonight is the first practice round for golf league. Lots of rust to be shaken off.

Have a good day, all!
Posted on: 2016/4/19 13:01

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Ultraman Re: Wet Tuesday Caht 04.19.2016
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14747 Posts

Wet here also so keep sending it Tom....no planting now but a million dollar rain anyway...

Got a whole list of stuff to do also so better get like a tree and leaf....have a monster good day Guru's......
Posted on: 2016/4/19 13:03

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

GRIS Re: Wet Tuesday Caht 04.19.2016
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7661 Posts

CLOUDY AND COOL IN THE NATIONS, MORE RAIN EXPECTED. THE CHEROKEES ARE READY FOR A LITTLE SUNSHINE.

NOTHING GOING ON AM GRISHEIM, YESTERDAY I GOT SO BORED I CLEANED UP THE WORK SURFACES IN MY TOY ROOM, THREW AWAY ODDS & ENDS OF FLAWED BRASS, RANDOM BULLETS, AND SALVAGED POWDER, RANDOM "I MIGHT USE THIS SOMETIME" ITEMS THAT ACCUMULATE.

I SHOULD DO THAT IN THE BARN :-0
Posted on: 2016/4/19 13:35

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

TommyT-Bone Re: Wet Tuesday Caht 04.19.2016
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:
Supposed to be in the 60's today.

Sometimes I wish I was younger. Say maybe the late 20's. But really, I don't want to go back there again ...... Don't think I could survive it ....
Posted on: 2016/4/19 13:40

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Was gonna start back on the shed today but I have a couple more days of yard chores to do to get me over the hump for the summer season. Temps are moderate, skies are clear so I better take advantage of it. I see weeds, unwanted plants and round up in my future. Later this week I can look forward to another call from Intuit/Quickbooks and waiting for some mower parts to come in for the nursery riding mower. Had an idler pulley bearing failure the other day taking the belt with it. Of course I was in the middle of the cut. I went home and got my other rider and finished it. Does this sound anything like a bored man to you? I know no boredom. Delivery tomorrow AM just to mix it up a bit.
Posted on: 2016/4/19 13:49

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Skies are now overcast .....
Posted on: 2016/4/19 14:12

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Posted on: 2016/4/19 14:29

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

CorvetteBob Re: Wet Tuesday Caht 04.19.2016
Elite Guru
1409 Posts

Glad you guys are getting some rain. We're supposed to get it maybe tomorrow, most likely Thurs.
I'm on the tail end of a 4-day w'kend. It was originally planned to allow me two days in the cave to try and get something meaningful done on the Vette, but that changed more and more as things progressed. Some non-Vette items were the lawn, change a whole house fan into an attic access. It's involved, but I needed it to get a new a/c handler put in the attic. So, as you might guess, today as I write this there are hvac men in the attic. I was told it would be done by the end of today, if not by 2pm or so, but now it looks as if it's gonna go into tomorrow. I think this issue needs to be brought up w/ the company ownership. In fairness, my attic is a tough one. There's no room unless you're a little guy. But, then again, they made the promise. We'll see how the story unfolds.........
Have a great one Gurus!
Posted on: 2016/4/19 14:40

Huskerland
14747 Posts

Yeah Bob.....I wouldn't be too hard on them.....everyone is an optimist when they look at a job and then they start in and think.... oh chit...I never figured we would have to work around that stuff......or whatever.....it takes what it takes I always say.......and I know a lot of stuff because I've seen a lot of stuff.....

Posted on: 2016/4/19 17:59

vetteblondie Re: Wet Tuesday Caht 04.19.2016
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4652 Posts

Wet Tuesday here too, and Wednesday and Thursday... y'all can have it. Couple small jobs at the wrap co today, had a lazy day Friday at the body shop but made up for it yesterday. The other gal gets to help him with his new trailer today if she shows up. Needs fenders lowered and what not to make it like he wants it. I got the job of helping him push an old mustang out back across the lot and bleach and power wash the entire back shop facia and concrete porch. That took most of the day. Saw some HUGE spiders... I can't stand that. (body shiver) Me and BF took the weekend off, he spent a couple late nights doing a motor swap in a box van and I was busy too. Phones off and into the country with fishing poles Sunday. I went to places I used to ride my four wheeler 25 years ago. Now I want another one. Saturday was truck shopping and goofing off in Memphis. We needed the rest. Happy Tuesday, y'all..
Posted on: 2016/4/19 19:06

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
it takes what it takes I always say.......and I (think I) know a lot of stuff because I've seen a lot of stuff.....

I say "It takes what it takes." all the time to myself. Sometimes I wish a job would go faster but in the end .... It takes what it takes. I think that especially in yard work pulling up weeds that seem to take forever. In the end it looks great but it is labor intensive. Even using Round Up where possible. I'll show y'all some pics after I'm finished ........... in about 2018 ......
Posted on: 2016/4/19 19:09

GRIS Re: Wet Tuesday Caht 04.19.2016
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7661 Posts

A SOGGY END TO A DRIPPY DAY IN WHICH MY MAJOR ACCOMPLISHMENT WAS RENEWING HARVEY'S TAG AND A VERY SUCCESSFUL NAP :-)

I HAVE NEVER UNDERSTOOD WHY IT IS “GREED” TO WANT TO KEEP MONEY YOU HAVE EARNED, BUT NOT GREED TO WANT TO TAKE SOMEONE ELSE’S MONEY.
THOMAS SOWELL
Posted on: 2016/4/20 0:12

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

I successfully completed my first round of golf for the season. My wife had gotten me a golf GPS watch for my birthday, so I got to try it out - pretty slick. Hit a few real good shots, several dorky ones, putted well, and finished with the same pellet I started with. So overall I'm not disgusted.
Posted on: 2016/4/20 1:33

teebee Re: Wet Tuesday Caht 04.19.2016
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12368 Posts

Didn't get a lot done today...did finish the cabinets, worked on a computer,spoke with my wood salesman and went off to WATCH my #2 GS play golf. He did well but didn't medal today. It was wet and soggy for the first three holes, then just soggy.

That was quite the stunt Brad. I brought my clubs up out of the basement today, I might try to get out and play some this weekend.
Posted on: 2016/4/20 2:07

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Huskerland
14747 Posts

Must not be much water on your home course Brad .....here we have to cross water on 7 of the front nine and 3 times on the back 9......I buy golf balls at the cheapest places I can......because they are like metal shavings to a magnet when they get near the water........the first time I played the course I had to go back in and get a couple new sleeves of balls just to finish ......very humbling.....I hate that course.......
Posted on: 2016/4/20 2:40

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.