Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
243 user(s) are online (202 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Rat Motor
GM production big block engines were known as Rat motors.

'W' Series:

5.7L 348ci - 1958 thru 1964
6.7L 409ci - 1961 thru 1965
7.0L 427ci (Z11...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Ultraman Early Thursday Coffee house Chat......
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14738 Posts

Morning homies......up early since I have to.....er....get to take a load of DDG's south to Hutchinson Kansas and bring a load of salt back to a town up in the north part of the Nebraska. Many of you may be surprised that there are big salt mines in Kansas and tons of the stuff is used for salting the roads up north in the winter. Nice run since I don't have to bounce to get the second load back. I load it in Hutch also.....

got a call from a driver that he had to avoid a crazy man and hit a barrier with his trailer tandems trying to avoid the asshat. It was in a construction area down on I29 around KC. Tore up stuff real good. Fixable though.... Good driver so I believe him....... Sigh ...... the less glamorous side of the business if there even is a glamorous side...... anyway nobody hurt and it will fix. Now we have to rent a trailer while the other one is fixed and transfer his load over to it......... geez.......

Ok gotta hit the road...... keep the hammer down Guru's.......we will catch you on the flip flop....... (cue the song...Roll on big Mama by Joe Stamply)
Posted on: 2016/12/15 12:27

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

TommyT-Bone Re: Early Thursday Coffee house Chat......
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Sux.
Posted on: 2016/12/15 12:40

pianoguy Re: Early Thursday Coffee house Chat......
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Howdy! Frigid again, -6 with a -21 wind chill. But it'll warm up tomorrow, so we can get somewhere between 3-12" of snow. We'll be needing some of Marcus' salt, I'm sure. I am gonna telecommute tomorrow - had enough of being parked on a freeway for one lifetime.

Enjoy your day, Gurus!
Posted on: 2016/12/15 13:15

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

istter1 Re: Early Thursday Coffee house Chat......
Elite Guru
Bakersfield Ca
2336 Posts

Well rain later today. Looking at mud slides in the burn areas.
Went to my teachers union got a bad review on my skills as a teacher. Turned out over a hundred of us received them.

I teach special education severely handicapped. I was told I wasn't following the curriculum. Severely handicapped do not have a curriculum.
Posted on: 2016/12/15 13:54

GRIS Re: Early Thursday Coffee house Chat......
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7645 Posts

CLEAR AND COLD IN THE NATIONS THIS MORNING. SO GLAD TO SEE THE SUN AGAIN. I CAN ABIDE THE COLD IF THE SUN WILL JUST SHINE AND THE WIND STAY DOWN. THEY SAY THAT WON'T HAPPEN TOMORROW AND SATURDAY, WITH WINDS MORE LIKE WESTERN OKLAHOMA IN THE FORECAST.

GOT EVERYBODY TAKEN CARE OF FOR CHRISTMAS EXCEPT GDILTB. DON'T KNOW IF I SHOULD DO MY USUAL OVER-BUDGET JEWELRY THING OR WAIT TILL IT'S OFFICIAL. THIS CUSTOMARY SOCIAL STUFF BEWILDERS ME :-0

DARLING WIFE IS SCURRYING ABOUT, CLEANING BEFORE THE HOUSEKEEPER GETS HERE. AN INTERESTING FACET OF FEMALE BEHAVIOR, THAT. HIRE SOME ONE TO CLEAN BUT YOU MUST PRE-CLEAN. WEIRD.
Posted on: 2016/12/15 14:00

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

pianoguy Re: Early Thursday Coffee house Chat......
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

We had a house-cleaning service for a short while some years ago - Mrs. Pianoguy always cleaned before they got there, too.

Meanwhile:

http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2016/12/1 ... 61481811233/?spt=hs&or=on
Posted on: 2016/12/15 14:51

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

vetteblondie Re: Early Thursday Coffee house Chat......
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4648 Posts

I did the same thing when I had a maid - I'd straighten up and do stuff before she got there. She always liked that my house wasn't 'trashed' like some others. Got to where if I'd leave out the stuff, she'd have us dinner on the stove when we got home. When I had the apartment, the lady across the street and I became friends and she cleaned, and like cigarettes. I'd buy her smokes and she'd let herself in and clean the house. Miss that lady, she moved to Nashville.
The weather here is stupid nuts. Not sure if y'all are having this or not: Saturday high 68 but rain, then low of 25, Sunday high of 26 then low of 15. WTF? no wonder my sinus mess won't go away. We have bipolar Mother Nature.
For Marcus:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYtJIFVxQXY
Posted on: 2016/12/15 15:40

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

TommyT-Bone Re: Early Thursday Coffee house Chat......
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

We often cleaned before the housekeeper. That way the cleaner could do the stuff we wanted done like the bathrooms, the floors and dusting.

Sue's Silverado had about $1700 in damage. New bumper and light buckets because they cracked. Other than that it is re-aligning and adjusting. Lost use of the truck so we have rental F150 quad cab till we get it back to the tune of about $700 a week. Have to try to recover that from the other guys insurance. That and the $500 deductible.

I went looking at Suburbans again. Thinking I'm gonna go for a 2015 certified one. Them new ones would kill wallet. Even on the cheap it would be 50 to 60 k after taxes and fees. Have to find one first. Saw two today. They did not get the Tommy-T-Bone seal of approval.
Posted on: 2016/12/15 19:06

teebee Re: Early Thursday Coffee house Chat......
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12364 Posts

Hey guys...I've been running since I got up. Delivered the computer to the client and spent another 2 hours there getting printer and other peripherals set up. Then the high school teachers had their Christmas get together at lunch and two had invited me to come to that "...if you'll bring some of Rosies' Santa Claus cookies". So I did. Then back home where I had another sign for a local business approved, so I was cutting that. I'll surprise them with the ALMOST finished product here in a little bit.

There's SALT in Kansas??? Yup, some of the largest salt reserves in the country are there in Hutchinson and Lyons. Lived in Hutch as a kid and used to play in the Arkansas river (that's pronounced "R-Kansas) down by one of the mines.

It's been cold today...they said it would warm up, but hasn't done it yet. They say tomorrow will be in the 60s then drop off to zero within 12 hours and stay there for a while.

Got to go I'll chack back later.
Posted on: 2016/12/15 21:14

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

GRIS Re: Early Thursday Coffee house Chat......
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7645 Posts

Quote:

LOVE IT! SONGS ON THERE I HAVEN'T HEARD IN YEARS. "BUBBA SHOT THE JUKEBOX" IS A CLASSIC.
Posted on: 2016/12/15 21:18

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

Matatk Re: Early Thursday Coffee house Chat......
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Good Evening CGs!

Cold here. Was -1 when I woke up and made it all the way up to 12....yowzers. Tomorrow night hit 20....heat wave.

Marcus, too bad about the truck. Don't you have dash cams?

Sounds like you had a nice time, TB. Feel free to share those cookies.

Tommy, good luck with the search. I drove a 2015/16 Suburban over the summer.... what a nice truck that was. If the price tag weren't so high I'd like to add one to my stable.
Posted on: 2016/12/16 2:38

Ultraman Re: Early Thursday Coffee house Chat......
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14738 Posts

wow......made it back by 11 last night......had no trouble sleeping last night.....gotta go deliver the salt.....winter coming big time......later Guru's.....
Posted on: 2016/12/16 13:03

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.