Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
222 user(s) are online (188 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Z16
Also known as the Grand Sport.

A one year special. 1000 were made to honor both the end of the C4 and the original racers, called Grand Sports, fr...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

95Vert The Famous Central Coaster!!!
Senior Guru
Aiken, SC
440 Posts

Someone asking about him/you on Corvette forum! You must have left quite an impression!
Posted on: 2008/11/6 23:31
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

95wht6spd Re: The Famous Central Coaster!!!
Guru Newb
1 Posts

Yeah, he was/is on there all the time.
I see a lot of folks are over here now. Tell you what it is getting hard to post just about anything over there, forget about heads.
Posted on: 2008/11/6 23:36

Schrade Re: The Famous Central Coaster!!!
Elite Guru
eastern NC / e-i-e-i-o
1909 Posts

None of 'em can debate with any civility. Turns into mud-slingin', like somewhere else we've seen lately. Don't mean a thing. And smells bad too. Gettin' some 'waste' overflow here lately too.
Posted on: 2008/11/7 0:10

Resized Image

jsup Re: The Famous Central Coaster!!!
Elite Guru
1778 Posts

Quote:

95wht6spd wrote:
I see a lot of folks are over here now. Tell you what it is getting hard to post just about anything over there, forget about heads.

What?

I like the fact over there if you fail to tow the company line you get banned, the thread disappears. Forget it if you piss off a forum sponsor, you're dead.

It has become a vast wasteland of advertising and uninformed circle jerks. I have never witnessed such a collection of mis information and ignorance in my lifetime.
Posted on: 2008/11/7 0:11

happydad Re: The Famous Central Coaster!!!
Senior Guru
northern Ill
151 Posts

who
Posted on: 2008/11/7 0:15
86 Coupe,350 bored .040 over,Eagle Internals,Scorp RR.Crane Cam,Hedman Hedders,Holley Mani,TCI Trans,3:73 Rear, Demon Carb ,Hole in the hood Scooped and Lots of leaks(Horsepower) I forget :thumbleft:

Elite Guru
1778 Posts

Quote:

Blade_1 wrote:
None of 'em can debate with any civility. Turns into mud-slingin', like somewhere else we've seen lately. Don't mean a thing. And smells bad too. Gettin' some 'waste' overflow here lately too.

Ex-fkn-zacly.

It happened here. Deakins made a comment about someone "not having enough head" for an application.

Now, the civil and correct response would be "Why do you say that Deakins, can you back up your position"?

Instead said idiot went off on a tirade about Deakins motivations and just went on what I can only suspect is a drunken rampage.

For the future, is someone makes a comment you disagree with, instead of petty bickering, can we all agree to ask WHY they think that and let them PROVE their position rather than attack and belittle someone because they didn't go with the "cool crowd"? Is that too much to ask? That would spur civil, and GASP, informative discussion.

What I find amusing in the above example, DEAKINS would be called the "trouble maker" and the ranting lunatic nothing more than a respected source. It's an upside down world in some people's mind.
Posted on: 2008/11/7 0:17

95Vert Re: The Famous Central Coaster!!!
Senior Guru
Aiken, SC
440 Posts

The attitude isn't unusual. On Miata.net, though the audience is older, some of these guys snipe at each other beyond belief. It can get very sarcastic, very quickly.

The moderators try to help in some sense, but usually they are in the middle of it as well.

It hasn't been bought by one of the big forum corporations though, so that's good.

From what I've seen, these corvette forum guys look down on anybody else but themselves.
Posted on: 2008/11/7 2:12

crash Re: The Famous Central Coaster!!!
Guru
WRIGHT CITY MO 63390
977 Posts

Quote:

95wht6spd wrote:

how about thermostats lol
Posted on: 2008/11/7 2:18

CSS996 Re: The Famous Central Coaster!!!
Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

jsup, dude... Come on. You are STARTING it this time.
Posted on: 2008/11/7 3:07

biggrizzly Re: The Famous Central Coaster!!!
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

There is no Cool Crowd, I have done to my car exactly what I chose to do based on what I have distinguished to be viable methods. Not specifically on what the cool crowd says at Corvette Forum, here or Camaro Z28.com
It is just too much effort to even worry about the other guys and who cares for, or doesn't.

John, my recommendation to you is, just do what you want and don't even tell what you are doing!!! Is it really that important for these guys to know the details of your build?

I probably have close to 400hp rear wheel, but I don't even have the energy to make someone believe me, nor do I give a shit. they aren't my friend or neighbor nor will ever be.

Sorry, I'm not in this to impress anyone except myself.

Love Ya, lets Party

Don't Worry just relax
Posted on: 2008/11/7 3:24

pr0zac Re: The Famous Central Coaster!!!
Elite Guru
Pittsburgh
1045 Posts

Quote:

biggrizzly wrote:
There is no Cool Crowd, I have done to my car exactly what I chose to do based on what I have distinguished to be viable methods. Not specifically on what the cool crowd says at Corvette Forum, here or Camaro Z28.com
It is just too much effort to even worry about the other guys and who cares for, or doesn't.

John, my recommendation to you is, just do what you want and don't even tell what you are doing!!! Is it really that important for these guys to know the details of your build?

I probably have close to 400hp rear wheel, but I don't even have the energy to make someone believe me, nor do I give a shit. they aren't my friend or neighbor nor will ever be.

Love Ya, lets Party

Don't Worry just relax
well, the cool crowd on camaroz28.com humps advanced inductions leg. i got a page of people giving me shit here about how i should post my cam specs. well if you must know its about 2 feet long and about 2 inches in diameter with a 107 lsa for my lazy ports.
Posted on: 2008/11/7 4:19

88BlackZ51 Re: The Famous Central Coaster!!!
Senior Guru
481 Posts

coaster know's his stuff, and has been there done that, with his projects. many others think they are "experts", but don't know what shoe to put on the left foot in the morning.

i just get messed up, because one shoe lace is longer then the other.

kevin is good chit in my books!
Posted on: 2008/11/7 4:26

88BlackZ51 Re: The Famous Central Coaster!!!
Senior Guru
481 Posts

Quote:

pr0zac wrote:
Quote:

biggrizzly wrote:

Love Ya, lets Party

Don't Worry just relax
well, the cool crowd on camaroz28.com humps advanced inductions leg. i got a page of people giving me shit here about how i should post my cam specs. well if you must know its about 2 feet long and about 2 inches in diameter with a 107 lsa for my lazy ports.

don't fool yourself. your cam specs are pretty much the same specs as any other LE head with a huge port. nothing special. i can almost picture your dyno curve's.

heh you said it, not me!
Posted on: 2008/11/7 4:28

Elite Guru
1778 Posts

sigh.....
Posted on: 2008/11/7 4:31

Touringmike Re: The Famous Central Coaster!!!
Senior Guru
Sussex,Wi
569 Posts

I got that sucker locked-up.

Posted the "Mechanical Engineer" pic from this forum over there, because someone mentioned a sex change.

5 minutes later, my post is deleted, and the thread "Closed"

How cool is that, huh?
Posted on: 2008/11/7 12:42

Schrade Re: The Famous Central Coaster!!!
Elite Guru
eastern NC / e-i-e-i-o
1909 Posts

Quote:

Touringmike wrote:
I got that sucker locked-up.

Posted the "Mechanical Engineer" pic from this forum over there, because someone mentioned a sex change.

5 minutes later, my post is deleted, and the thread "Closed"

How cool is that, huh?

Rules at CF:

Rule #1:
1) No rules.
user-->Resized Image
<--CF
Posted on: 2008/11/7 13:24

Resized Image

SpectatorRacing Re: The Famous Central Coaster!!!
Elite Guru
1721 Posts

Quote:

biggrizzly wrote:
There is no Cool Crowd

Yes there is. It's me, and anyone I feel is worthy. Stay tuned over the next few days as I appoint my cabinet. Gifts definately help my decisions.

:tongue:
Posted on: 2008/11/7 15:25

CentralCoaster Re: The Famous Central Coaster!!!
Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

Quote:
redwing76

Who cares a real flash in the pan................

I'll take that as a compliment.
Posted on: 2008/11/7 15:46

Elite Guru
1778 Posts

Quote:

biggrizzly wrote:

Ya know, it's not YOU I worry about, you're like me, you don't care what other people say. That's why I don't have flow numbers, don't give a rat's ass about getting on a dyno, unless it improves the tune, and state 600HP, all for the same reasons we spoke about...

Quote:

I know I know, but there are idiots that state if you don't have a dyno sheet you have no business commenting on anything. Kinda dumb huh? Look, C4 guys are not exactly the Ferrari crowd, not a lot of money to throw around, and bad advice by internet ballers makes people spend money they need not spend to get the results they want. That I have a problem with. Clearly unqualified people making statements of authority. See above.

Quote:

I don't care either. I don't get off on it. For the price of doing the 427, the short block is only $3600, I love the number based on Corvette heritage, and either way I was putting $5K out of pocket.

If I sold my old parts, it was $5K out of pocket for the new motor. If I just did the 427, it was still $5K out of pocket. So the decision was easy.
Quote:

Nor am I. You never heard me brag about dynos or flows or any of the other crap. Again, my crusade is one to battle ignorance, which seems to be rampant.

Quote:

Love Ya, lets Party

Don't Worry just relax

Get that trans fixed so I can get next to you at the track.
Posted on: 2008/11/7 15:54

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.