Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
263 user(s) are online (226 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  TH400
Automatic Transmission - 3 Speed

1st Gear: 2.48
2nd Gear: 1.48
3rd Gear: 1.00

- Used in production GM models from 1964 thru 1990.
- 13 Bolt ...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

pr0zac i hate upstate new york
Elite Guru
Pittsburgh
1045 Posts

this place is worst place to live. there isn't shit for miles. drag strip is an hour and 15 minutes away speeding. its expensive as hell to live here. i cannot wait to move to NYC. no i won't have my cars but i can at least have somewhat of a life aside from only having a handful of things to do and going out and running into the same idiots that i went to high school with that never grew out of drinking, acting 16 and fighting. small towns suck.
Posted on: 2008/11/11 23:58
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

jsup Re: i hate upstate new york
Elite Guru
1778 Posts

Where are you looking in the city? I'm sure you know but 300sq ft will cost you $2500 a month....
Posted on: 2008/11/12 0:26

pr0zac Re: i hate upstate new york
Elite Guru
Pittsburgh
1045 Posts

not sure yet. Manhattan just waiting on whether my roommate is going to be changing jobs or not. if not upper west side. i think he said mid to upper east if he gets the new job.
Posted on: 2008/11/12 0:46

jsup Re: i hate upstate new york
Elite Guru
1778 Posts

80s east side you can do better..
Posted on: 2008/11/12 0:49

Schrade Re: i hate upstate new york
Elite Guru
eastern NC / e-i-e-i-o
1909 Posts

Rat race is not where you want to be.

These 'professional' rats have it good. [sic]

Resized Image
Posted on: 2008/11/12 0:54

Resized Image

65Z01 Re: i hate upstate new york
Guru Newb
SE NY
2 Posts

How far "upstate" are you now?

I'm in Rockland CO and it's pretty nice as well as being rather close to the GWB & The City.
Posted on: 2008/11/12 18:30

CentralCoaster Re: i hate upstate new york
Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

I take it you grew up there?

I really like that area the few times I've been there but first I want to head back in the wintertime to see how much I might hate the weather.

Seems like in most nice quaint places I've been, the people who grew up there hate it and the people that choose to move their later enjoy it.

I grew up in a small town of about 8,000, you run into the same stupid locals and white trash daily, but honestly it's a nice area and there's lots of older people that moved out there to get away from the city and enjoy it.
Posted on: 2008/11/12 18:45

TommyT-Bone Re: i hate upstate new york
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Home is what you make it and where you make it. If your unhappy there you'll probably be unhappy with the next place because every place sucks for one reason or another.

Wherever you go, there you are.
Posted on: 2008/11/12 18:53

CentralCoaster Re: i hate upstate new york
Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

I figure in a town of 10,000 there's gotta be at least 2,500 or so of them close to your age group. If 2,500 people isn't enough to choose your friends from, I don't know what to say.

BTW, I'm in San Diego, with 1 million other people, and the closest drag strip is almost 2 hours away, more with traffic. The 2nd closest is 4-1/2 hours away.
Posted on: 2008/11/12 18:56

bobges Re: i hate upstate new york
Senior Guru
Bushkill PA
254 Posts

I live in Bushkill Pa and Work over in NJ, I got the best of both worlds, You will see a lot of NY plates over here you can't seem to get away from them
Posted on: 2008/11/12 21:56

Elite Guru
Pittsburgh
1045 Posts

its like 10k people. but the amount of people my age is smaller then the amount of 18 and under and 35 and over. i was in the air force for 8 years and have been around.. i loved a few places and disliked others. yes i grew up here and came back cause i got out of the military and was having serious knee problems. now my knee is about as good as its going to get without replacement so i am looking to get back into the world. can't carry on doing what i am doing or i will be back in the same spot i was a few years ago. jobs around here don't pay well and rent is quite high, average homes are going for $375k. try putting 25% down on that. i like the city. i go down all the time.
Posted on: 2008/11/12 23:40

Notorious Re: i hate upstate new york
Elite Guru
Downbound train, NC
2184 Posts

I hope your planned change will be just what you want. After all, we're all different. I live near a small city of only 40K and would prefer to be much more isolated. But I have to stay near where the work is for now. Fortunately I now presently work in a much smaller town nearby of only a few thousand. Nice place and slow pace, I love it. I guess I'm a small town boy.
Posted on: 2008/11/13 0:07

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

I'm a 5 year USAF vet too. I grew up in Boston. Pretty big city. By the time I was 18 I had been everywhere within a 2 hour radius. Lived in Germany on the economy for 3 1/2 years. Came back to the US to just outside San Antonio at Randolph AFB. Came to vacation in Miami (Homestead) in 1978 and haven't left yet. Finding the right place is a mofo.

Ive Been Everywhere says Johnny

Posted on: 2008/11/13 0:23

Elite Guru
Pittsburgh
1045 Posts

it is an opportunity to live there which i wouldn't be able to do on my own and i am all about trying not to pass up opportunities. especially since i have lost a big part of myself and what i can still do with my bad knee.
Posted on: 2008/11/13 1:13

Schrade Re: i hate upstate new york
Elite Guru
eastern NC / e-i-e-i-o
1909 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Home is what you make it

[yt][/yt]
Posted on: 2008/11/13 2:20

Resized Image

Touringmike Re: i hate upstate new york
Senior Guru
Sussex,Wi
569 Posts

I can never go back there.

Everybody remember the song "Indiana wants me, Lord I can't go back there....

Well, that's me and NYS.
Posted on: 2008/11/13 3:29

JrRifleCoach Re: i hate upstate new york
Elite Guru
1524 Posts

Quote:

pr0zac wrote:
this place is worst place to live. there isn't shit for miles. i cannot wait to move to NYC. no i won't have my cars but i can at least have somewhat of a life aside from only having a handful of things to do and going out and running into the same idiots that i went to high school with that never grew out of drinking, acting 16 and fighting. small towns suck.

I have never been able to understand why people would like to live inside a cauldron of mass humanity. Especially filled with stereotypical "yankees". Yelling and screaming at each other and calling this behavior "living". Ya can't have a car cause there is no place to park it. And if you did leave it on the street some vermin would come along and disgrace it. There's SO much ambient light that only the moon is visible at night. The streets smell like raw sewage and urine from everyone defecating in public. Oh yeah! Big cities are the bomb!

To each his own brother.
Posted on: 2008/11/13 5:26

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

JrRifleCoach wrote:
I have never been able to understand why people would like to live inside a cauldron of mass humanity. Especially filled with stereotypical "yankees". Yelling and screaming at each other and calling this behavior "living". Ya can't have a car cause there is no place to park it. And if you did leave it on the street some vermin would come along and disgrace it. There's SO much ambient light that only the moon is visible at night. The streets smell like raw sewage and urine from everyone defecating in public. Oh yeah! Big cities are the bomb!

And that's the good stuff.
Posted on: 2008/11/13 12:45

BillH Re: i hate upstate new york
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

JrRifleCoach wrote:
Quote:

pr0zac wrote:
this place is worst place to live. there isn't shit for miles. i cannot wait to move to NYC. no i won't have my cars but i can at least have somewhat of a life aside from only having a handful of things to do and going out and running into the same idiots that i went to high school with that never grew out of drinking, acting 16 and fighting. small towns suck.

To each his own brother.

Isn't that the truth, you'd have to pay me some significant money just to visit NYC again. Let alone, live there.
Heck, the company that I worked for couldn't come up with enough cash to get me to move to Silicon Valley thought they tried many times.
Posted on: 2008/11/13 14:21

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.