Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
329 user(s) are online (276 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  C1
Abbreviation for the 1st generation of Corvettes built from 1953-1962....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Thursday Chat 12.11.08
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22804 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Started out with a little breakfast change this morning. Diced ham with scrambled eggs. Not bad. A little change is good every once in a while.

Well, today is it for work and then the weekend off. My dad got in last night so we spent a little time, he'll get to play with the baby all day until I get home from work. After that I don't know what the plans are.

What's on the agenda for everyone else?

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2008/12/11 12:45

Notorious Re: Thursday Chat 12.11.08
Elite Guru
Downbound train, NC
2184 Posts

Don't forget it's joke day, post 'em if you got 'em....

As we men age, we tend to end up seeing more and more of the medical establishment.

For example, my family doctor recently referred me to a female urologist. I saw her yesterday and she is gorgeous. She's beautiful and unbelievably sexy.

She told me that I must stop masturbating.

I asked her why and she said, "Because I'm trying to examine you..."
Posted on: 2008/12/11 13:15
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

crash Re: Thursday Chat 12.11.08
Guru
WRIGHT CITY MO 63390
977 Posts

NOTHING SPECIAL. GONNA ORDER SOME T-SHIRTS FROM ECKLERS FOR CHRISTMAS PRESANTS. YEAP GO TO WORK TODAY AND OFF TO MORROW. GOING UP TO GILLISPE ILL FOR A WEDDING. A FRIENDS KID THATS GETTING MARRIED. WHILE UP THAT WAY I MIGHT APPLY FOR THAT JOB OPENING FOR THAT GOVENORS POSITION IN SPRINGFIELD. HA HA. WELL HAVE A GOOD DAY GURUS.
Posted on: 2008/12/11 13:16

TommyT-Bone Re: Thursday Chat 12.11.08
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

R rated joke.

Posted on: 2008/12/11 14:10

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

So anyway.....
I'm going down to the hospital to get a chest x-ray. COPD. I guess 40 years of smoking can have a little effect on breathing. They said I can just walk in. Let's see how that works out. I'm out sick till next Wednesday then I go back for two weeks and then I'm just about done with this career.
After the first of the year I'll start a nice long vacation, except for my projects around the house and my honey-do list. Not sure what I'll get accomplished the rest of the day but I'm sure I'll do something. I always do.
Posted on: 2008/12/11 14:18

pianoguy Re: Thursday Chat 12.11.08
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

LMAO!

Just another day in paradise here. At least there will be no mosquitoes for another 6 months.

A distraught man was standing on the railing of a high bridge getting ready to jump off, when he happened to look down and see a little man with no arms dancing all around on the river bank. He thought to himself, 'life isn't so bad after all', and got off the railing.

He then walked down to the river bank to thank the little man for saving his life. "Thank you," he said. "I was going to jump off that bridge and kill myself, but when I saw you dancing even though you have no arms, I changed my mind."

"I am not dancing," the armless man replied bitterly. "My ass itches, and I can't scratch it!"
Posted on: 2008/12/11 14:25

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Yeah, I've been smoking for about 40 years, too - one of the few things I'm good at.
Posted on: 2008/12/11 14:31

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

joeld Re: Thursday Chat 12.11.08
Guru
Lawrenceville Ga
718 Posts

Good morning. Well it's still raining here, just about to start gettin cabin fever.

Yea, on that smoking thing it is amazing that people as smart as us do smoke. I for one take better care of cars and my house than myself. Wher's the logic?

Have a good day
Joel
Posted on: 2008/12/11 16:09

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Man, that was quick. 2 hours round trip to the hospital for the x-ray. The southeast is getting T-Boned.

Attach file:

png  T-Bone.png (6.04 KB)
852_49414539ed48c.png 234X175 px
Posted on: 2008/12/11 16:52

bastet44 Re: Thursday Chat 12.11.08
Webmaster
San Pedro, CA
1389 Posts

Good morning, Gurus. Well, I guess it's crept past noon for some of you!

Tommy, does this mean you're retiring? Hope the lungs aren't too bad.

In lieu of a joke, here's today's word of the day.

Word of the Day for Thursday, December 11, 2008

ablaut \ABH-lout\, noun:

the systematic substitution of one root vowel sound for another in different inflectional forms or derivatives of a word, as in ring, rang, rung
Posted on: 2008/12/11 17:06

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

I'm ablaut ready for lunch.

Smoking has got to be the least rational habit on the planet. "Here, set these leaves on fire and suck it in." It killed both my parents and my father-in-law, but I still do it. My brother claimed that smoking created an environment that was inhospitable to germs, so he never got sick. Until he quit - a few years later, Alzheimer's killed him. When my grandfather was 80, he asked his doctor if he should quit smoking. The doctor replied, "Why?" When I was a kid, everybody smoked, even in grocery stores. Fred Flintstone sold Winstons. Times have changed a bit.
Posted on: 2008/12/11 17:24

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Ya T. I'm retiring on the first of the year.

My grandfathers smoked 2 to 3 packs a day of the unfilterd coffin nails and they both lived to 68 which was about right for the time. I smoke about a pack a day of filtered lights. I'm hoping to be good to at least 72. If my wife ever leaves me or dies I'm starting up all my bad habits again.

ablaut

da da dats wha I'm talkin ablaut.

Posted on: 2008/12/11 18:01

CSS996 Re: Thursday Chat 12.11.08
Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

Good Day Gurus!

Got one of those clients that really pisses me off. Too long of a story to tell, but I just wanna choke her. Blah! Wouldn't this world be great if there weren't any idiots in it? But I would really miss my kids if I disappeared... HAR!

I spent the morning packing up small stuff in my office, and putting it in the van for the ride home. Next Friday is my last day, and I need to have everything outta here by then, coz I won't have access to the company van and free gas after that.

I found out just yesterday that I get to take home about $20,000 worth of video gear and furniture for about $6,500. The even cooler part is that I can make small monthly payments on that balance. Pretty cool. I get to keep my new-ish High Def. Camera, the edit software and computer, even my most favorite office chair I ever sat in!

I've already got clients lined up for when I leave, and one is interested in me handling his media placement. I don't do that currently, as I just make the commercials, but I'm willing to learn. Might as well be my own ad agency. I can already do the hard part.

Well, back to the grind.

Peace out! And have a super day everyone!
Posted on: 2008/12/11 18:19

Webmaster
San Pedro, CA
1389 Posts

Wow, retiring. Congrats!

Your time will be your own! I guess, unless your honey-do list gets too long. =)

My grandfather spoked Marlboro Reds. The day he was diagnosed with emphysema he quit. He was on oxygen for a while, and actually improved his health. He has since passed on (several years after that Dx), but I was pretty impressed that he could quit like that.
Posted on: 2008/12/11 18:22

BrianCunningham Re: Thursday Chat 12.11.08
Senior Guru
Boston, MA for the most part :)
7763 Posts

I am now president elect.
No not that president.
President of my Corvette Club
Posted on: 2008/12/11 18:22

Webmaster
San Pedro, CA
1389 Posts

Wow, that sounds like a great deal, Chris. And I think being your own full agency sounds like a great idea! Even if you don't end up doing that part of it full time, you'll learn the process of media placement and who the contacts are. That can't hurt!
Posted on: 2008/12/11 18:24

CentralCoaster Re: Thursday Chat 12.11.08
Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

Quote:

bastet44 wrote:

My grandfather spoked Marlboro Reds. The day he was diagnosed with emphysema he quit. He was on oxygen for a while, and actually improved his health. He has since passed on (several years after that Dx), but I was pretty impressed that he could quit like that.

I'm thinking of a new program for smokers where you take them in and a doctor gives them a false diagnosis to scare the shit outta them.

I'd pay for that.

My dad smoked marlboro reds. When the prices went up, his solution was to buy cheaper cigarettes. At least smoking saves him money on food.
Posted on: 2008/12/11 20:53

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Denis Leary: Cigarettes
adult content with bonus song.

Posted on: 2008/12/11 21:57

Matatk Re: Thursday Chat 12.11.08
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22804 Posts

Quote:

CSS996 wrote:
Wouldn't this world be great if there weren't any idiots in it? But my kids really would miss me when I disappeared...

Fixed it for ya!

Congrats to Brian on his presidential nomination.

Tommy, hope you feel better brother.

I'm gonna consume a couple adult beverages, watch a little tv, and take it easy tonight.

Later,

Matthew
Posted on: 2008/12/12 0:13

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.