Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
268 user(s) are online (219 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

Matatk Friday Chat 01.09.09
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22804 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

How is everyone this morning? I'm a little tired. Wifey decided to pick up the night shift at the last minute so she worked 7p to 7a this morning. I think she just got off a few minutes ago. Anywho, I got got the baby ready for bed last night, bath, pjs, bottle. No problem. Then she decided to wake up at 2:30 for some unknown reason. Changed her, no go. Gave her a bottle and finally went down around 3:15. Yeah! Of course by this time, I'm wide awake and didn't want to go back to bed, lol. It's unusual for her to wake up like that. She usually goes down around 8:30 and gets up around 6:30, eats, and sleeps another two hours. What a great schedule, huh?

Anywho, wifey should be home soon. She can feed her and then get some sleep herself, so it'll be another day of daddy daycare.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew

HOT CHICK FRIDAY!

Resized Image

Resized Image

In honor of my wife's motherland:

Resized Image
Posted on: 2009/1/9 13:26

pianoguy Re: Friday Chat 01.09.09
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

*wipes drool from keyboard*

Man, this week has gone by slowly. After almost 2 weeks off, it's been like torture to put in a full week. Counting the hours until the weekend.
Posted on: 2009/1/9 13:31

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Epimax Re: Friday Chat 01.09.09
Elite Guru
Wilmington, NC
1814 Posts

Happy Friday!
Wow! Nice Pics

Oh Man, I know where you're coming from!! Our 18 month Girl has decided to see how many times she can wake up during the night! This has been going on for the past few weeks, and man do I feel like a zombie!
Sheesh!
Posted on: 2009/1/9 13:48

TommyT-Bone Re: Friday Chat 01.09.09
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Attach file:

jpg  car wash.jpg (72.39 KB)
852_496758fe49319.jpg 600X629 px
Posted on: 2009/1/9 14:02

wesmigletz Re: Friday Chat 01.09.09
Senior Guru
Land of Fruits and Nuts
325 Posts

Well, today is going to be a long day, but it will be worth it. My in-laws are leaving after being here for a month. The sister-in-law, brother-in-law, and their two sons will be leaving this evening. Their daughter has been living with us to go to school already.

I'm not gonna lie, it's been a rough 4 weeks, and they've really tried my patience. It started when they interjected themselves in to my planned family vacation, a drive from L.A. to K.C. and back to visit my family and friends. I tried my best to convince them to find something else to do while we were gone. I offered them my home, cars, and even got them a pretty damn nice vehicle from work... but no, it wasn't enough for them...

They wanted me to be their chauffeur, lackey, and personal tour guide. Heck when they asked if I would rather they didn't go with us, I answered yes. I do not know how I could have been more clear. I would not force my self on anyone, yet they had no problem doing it to me. Nonetheless, they had no problem forcing themselves upon us. Pretty much ruined my vacation and, I can honestly say, I dislike them... a lot.

The wife asked me last night to go talk to them. She said they thought I was angry with them. I told her I was. She wanted me to tell them they were welcome in my house any time. I told her they were not. That boat has sailed.

Anyway, they are gone tonight. I will drive their luggage to the airport in my truck, then I'm done.
Posted on: 2009/1/9 15:16

CentralCoaster Re: Friday Chat 01.09.09
Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

Congratulations for wearing pants Wes!

You they say you can't choose your family, but you can sure as hell choose not to be around them.

Maybe if you're really lucky, they'll find a way to make this your fault, and despise you forever, and not impose on you again.
Posted on: 2009/1/9 15:45

joeld Re: Friday Chat 01.09.09
Guru
Lawrenceville Ga
718 Posts

Good morning! Damn, I just thought I had in-law problems sometimes!

Have a good day
Joel
Posted on: 2009/1/9 16:40

Schrade Re: Friday Chat 01.09.09
Elite Guru
eastern NC / e-i-e-i-o
1909 Posts

Quote:

joeld wrote:
Good morning! Damn, I just thought I had in-law problems sometimes!

Have a good day
Joel

Hmmm... I don't think there's a real problem. He said what's on his mind (wore the pants like CC said).

The truth will set you free. EVERY time.

Resized Image
Posted on: 2009/1/9 16:47

Resized Image

CSS996 Re: Friday Chat 01.09.09
Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

Good Morning Gurus!

I feel your pain, Wes. I really do... My mom is something else. She can ruin my day if I just think about the shit she's pulled over the years... So I won't.

Another day in the basement. I had to fire an ad agency as a client yesterday. Every time this lady called me for something, I always felt like she was trying to pull a fast one on me. Asking me to cut my rates before we built a relationship, wanting my raw materials so she could revise my work without paying me... And then making me feel like an idiot for not complying willingly.

So I let the folks at the agency know I wasn't willing to work with them anymore. Maybe a stupid move, with the economy the way it is. But I am an arrogant, prideful SOB. So there it is.

The highlight of my day has been ordering glossy black presentation folders and black DVD sleeves for my video propaganda. Gotta have a demo reel and stuff to hand out to potential clients. Getting business cards done too.

Good times....

Enjoy your Friday!
Posted on: 2009/1/9 18:24

BrianCunningham Re: Friday Chat 01.09.09
Senior Guru
Boston, MA for the most part :)
7763 Posts

TGIF people

Attach file:

jpg  21-052~I-Don-t-Ask-Much-In-A-Woman-Posters.jpg (0.00 KB)

jpg  024_22.jpg (0.00 KB)

jpg  DP0191~Bottom-Shelf-Posters.jpg (0.00 KB)

Posted on: 2009/1/9 18:26

TommyT-Bone Re: Friday Chat 01.09.09
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

CSS996 wrote:
Good Morning Gurus!

So I let the folks at the agency know I wasn't willing to work with them anymore. Maybe a stupid move, with the economy the way it is. But I am an arrogant, prideful SOB. So there it is.

I think that's one of the benefits of being independent. You don't have to work for anyone you don't want to work for. They want twice the work for half the price. Nothing lost there, I assure you.
Posted on: 2009/1/9 19:48

wesmigletz Re: Friday Chat 01.09.09
Senior Guru
Land of Fruits and Nuts
325 Posts

Just got back from the airport, and I feel great!!!

It's good to have my house back.
Posted on: 2009/1/10 5:31

Matatk Re: Friday Chat 01.09.09
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22804 Posts

Congrats to you, Wes. Way to take a stand.

Brian - I like those posters, I think they would look nice on my bedro....errr I mean garage wall.

Matthew
Posted on: 2009/1/10 16:58

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.