Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
267 user(s) are online (139 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

Matatk Thursday Chat 03.19.09
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Well, it was a hard go getting out of bed this morning. I don't know why. I slept ok and went to bed at a decent hour. Oh well.

Went out to dinner with a couple buddies last night. Had a great time. Haven't seen either of them in a bit, so it's nice to go out, let loose a bit, and crack a few jokes. Our waitress probably thought we were crazy, but that's just how we act sometimes. Food was great, too, so that's a bonus.

Carpet guy came last night to measure the basement. Supposed to call with final numbers tonight, but it should be close to what I laid out and measured last week. The ball is rolling. If it's all kosher, we should have it installed on the 30th or 31st.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew

THURSDAY JOKE OF THE DAY:

The Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD), The FBI, and the CIA are all trying to prove that they are the best at apprehending criminals. The President decides to give them a test. He releases a rabbit into a forest and each of them has to catch it.

The CIA goes in. They place animal informants throughout the forest. They question all plant and mineral witnesses. After three months of extensive investigations they conclude that rabbits do not exist.

The FBI goes in. After two weeks with no leads they burn the forest, killing everything in it, including the rabbit, and they make no apologies. The rabbit had it coming.

The LAPD goes in. They come out two hours later with a badly beaten bear. The bear is yelling: "Okay! Okay! I'm a rabbit! I'm a rabbit!"
Posted on: 2009/3/19 11:26

red_johnny Re: Thursday Chat 03.19.09
On Sabbatical
Augusta, GA (85 383 stroker)
3213 Posts

Joke was funny and wrong all at the same time...I loved it!
Speaking of Jokes, this morning was one. We had training on Equal Ops which was fine but afterwards they make the comment that because we have a black president we need to reinforce the "dont bad mouth the prez rule"....ok wait! WTF! You mean for the last few years I had to listen to all the people bitching about Prez Bush who were in uniform and now that we have a black prez we want to enforce this rule?! FUDGE THAT!! I had big issues with that and was about to say so when I was beatten to the punch by another one who feels the same as I. We tried to argue but kept getting cut off, it was insane! BTW half the room was of the same race as the prez not that it should make a differance but I will tell you it did. I wish they would stop playing the "race card"---sorry for the venting but had to get that out.
Posted on: 2009/3/19 11:41
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Epimax Re: Thursday Chat 03.19.09
Elite Guru
Wilmington, NC
1814 Posts

Quote:

red_johnny wrote:
Joke was funny and wrong all at the same time...I loved it!
Speaking of Jokes, this morning was one. We had training on Equal Ops which was fine but afterwards they make the comment that because we have a black president we need to reinforce the "dont bad mouth the prez rule"....ok wait! WTF! You mean for the last few years I had to listen to all the people bitching about Prez Bush who were in uniform and now that we have a black prez we want to enforce this rule?! FUDGE THAT!! I had big issues with that and was about to say so when I was beatten to the punch by another one who feels the same as I. We tried to argue but kept getting cut off, it was insane! BTW half the room was of the same race as the prez not that it should make a differance but I will tell you it did. I wish they would stop playing the "race card"---sorry for the venting but had to get that out.

Man, that sucks. There is definitely a double standard in play here....along with a nice dose of hypocrisy....
Posted on: 2009/3/19 11:59

Elite Guru
Wilmington, NC
1814 Posts

Good Morning!

Friday Eve!
Well, parts came in from 3 different suppliers yesterday, and I was elated. Unfortunatly, Ecklers didn't send me the right part (ICM), so I'm still dead in the water.

I'd like to thank Bogus for hooking me up with Chris May as well. I couldn't find that harness anywhere, but he had it and sent it right out!

Hope all have a great day..
Posted on: 2009/3/19 12:02

pianoguy Re: Thursday Chat 03.19.09
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Good morning! Today marks my 54th trip around the sun. Not sure how many I have left, but they will all go by quickly.

Kinda chilly here - 28 now with a high around 40. Funny how perspective changes so quickly - a couple weeks ago, I would've been like, "woo-hoo, it's gonna be 40!". But I don't care - the Vette's heater works pretty well ;-)
Posted on: 2009/3/19 12:08

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

On Sabbatical
3213 Posts

Quote:

pianoguy wrote:
Good morning! Today marks my 54th trip around the sun. Not sure how many I have left, but they will all go by quickly.

Kinda chilly here - 28 now with a high around 40. Funny how perspective changes so quickly - a couple weeks ago, I would've been like, "woo-hoo, it's gonna be 40!". But I don't care - the Vette's heater works pretty well ;-)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Heres to many more!
Posted on: 2009/3/19 12:22

Elite Guru
Wilmington, NC
1814 Posts

Quote:

pianoguy wrote:

Happy Birthday !!

Here's to many, many more!!
Posted on: 2009/3/19 12:24

BrianCunningham Re: Thursday Chat 03.19.09
Senior Guru
Boston, MA for the most part :)
7763 Posts

Happy Birthday !!

[/quote]
Posted on: 2009/3/19 13:17

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Thanks, guys!
Posted on: 2009/3/19 13:19

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

On Sabbatical
3213 Posts

Quote:

pianoguy wrote:
Thanks, guys!

Here is my gift, your very own coloring page...lol
Resized Image
Posted on: 2009/3/19 13:25

Sweet90 Re: Thursday Chat 03.19.09
Elite Guru
Edmonton, Alberta
1143 Posts

Quote:

red_johnny wrote:
Quote:

pianoguy wrote:
Thanks, guys!

Here is my gift, your very own coloring page...lol
Resized Image

Happy Birthday Brad. We expect the above colouring page
completed and posted by the end of the day for grading

Jim
Posted on: 2009/3/19 13:40

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

LOL!
Posted on: 2009/3/19 14:04

TommyT-Bone Re: Thursday Chat 03.19.09
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33766 Posts

Ohh Brad !!!

Posted on: 2009/3/19 14:12

joeld Re: Thursday Chat 03.19.09
Guru
Lawrenceville Ga
718 Posts

Good morning! Looks like another good day with sunshine.

Have a good day Brad! I've got a couple of "trips" on ya, but hopefully we both have a lot more left.

Have a good day guys,
Joel
Posted on: 2009/3/19 14:27

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Ohh Brad !!!

Har! That's a lot like my day went - LOL! Actually was pretty busy at work, so the day went by in a flash. Time to chill out and watch a little basketball.
Posted on: 2009/3/19 21:55

Matatk Re: Thursday Chat 03.19.09
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Happy Bday Brad. Guess it's time for that once a year special from the wife.

A birthday cake, of course. What were you guys thinking?

Matthew
Posted on: 2009/3/19 23:52

happydad Re: Thursday Chat 03.19.09
Senior Guru
northern Ill
151 Posts

Happy B-Day.... :kermit: :occasion1: :occasion2: :occasion7: Maybe I'll let the wife come over
Posted on: 2009/3/20 0:27
86 Coupe,350 bored .040 over,Eagle Internals,Scorp RR.Crane Cam,Hedman Hedders,Holley Mani,TCI Trans,3:73 Rear, Demon Carb ,Hole in the hood Scooped and Lots of leaks(Horsepower) I forget :thumbleft:

400hp427vette Re: Thursday Chat 03.19.09
Senior Guru
Long Island, NY
373 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Ohh Brad !!!

OMG thats too funny
Posted on: 2009/3/20 1:11

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.