Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
183 user(s) are online (119 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Windows in the C4
Both should move up and down, quietly and reasonably fast.

If a window does not work, this most likely means a bad motor, but check the fuse pane...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

NC Kid So I might be selling my car
Elite Guru
North Carolina
1671 Posts

If things are not any better by December, I will most likely sell the car. I have had fun adding stuff to it but I did expect stuff to get better job wise for my family. Long story short, dads severance cuts off in October, we loose insurance ect...Still get unemployment but, we got a house to finish up on, bills, and the Corvette was...well IS..a work in progress. Ive had fun playing with it and I am still going to play with it and probably finish otu the interior and stuff just IN CASE worst comes to worst. I mean a 1500 dollars is better than nothing when you gotta pay bills and I am not going to keep a car if my family needs money. If I do sell it which looks to be a 50/50 chance right now, it's not the end of the world.

It's old, plenty of other C4s around cheaply when my dad does find another job. Plus, like Bogus said and I wont deny, the car is kind of a piece of shit lol. It's alway something. It definatley sat alot and wasnnt driven much which I think kind of made it harder on me when we got it. I still got 5 more months with it atleast if not longer and not sell it but....I just thought I would get it off my mind by telling somebody that understands how it feels to just give up something that you put alot into. I know I and my father will get a huge loss but....id rather have a roof over my head than a car to look at. If it goes bye bye and I get another C4, YOU BETTER DAMN WELL BELIEVE IT WILL BE A 92 0R ABOVE AND A MANUAL!

Going thru the receipt box and with a large chunk left to go thru, so far 8500 has been dropped into this car since I got it lol. Plus the 9000 I paid for it...wow...Didn't see that coming....Im kind of nervous to keep adding up stuff lol.

Well, hope everyones had a good week.
Posted on: 2009/7/16 1:45
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

vetteblondie Re: So I might be selling my car
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4659 Posts

Family comes first.
Posted on: 2009/7/16 1:48

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

pianoguy Re: So I might be selling my car
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Mojo for the job situation, hope it doesn't come to that. But it can always be replaced if it comes to pass.
Posted on: 2009/7/16 1:53

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

CSS996 Re: So I might be selling my car
Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

It is very decent of you to feel the way you do. But can't you help your family better by keeping the car and using it to get you to a job?

It wouldn't be as large of a lump sum, but it wouldn't take too long to add up would it? Or do you have another reliable vehicle?

I've had three vehicles out of the twenty or so I've owned that I really loved. Had to sell two of them for family reasons. I still have the Vette but since I have another more practical car, it would be high on the list of things to sell of things got bad.

Best wishes to your family. Hopefully it turns around soon.
Posted on: 2009/7/16 2:04

NC Kid Re: So I might be selling my car
Elite Guru
North Carolina
1671 Posts

Quote:

vetteblondie wrote:
Family comes first.

<3<3I miss you!<3<3
Posted on: 2009/7/16 2:07

Elite Guru
North Carolina
1671 Posts

Quote:

CSS996 wrote:
It is very decent of you to feel the way you do. But can't you help your family better by keeping the car and using it to get you to a job?

It wouldn't be as large of a lump sum, but it wouldn't take too long to add up would it? Or do you have another reliable vehicle?

I've had three vehicles out of the twenty or so I've owned that I really loved. Had to sell two of them for family reasons. I still have the Vette but since I have another more practical car, it would be high on the list of things to sell of things got bad.

Best wishes to your family. Hopefully it turns around soon.

Nahh, we have more than enough cars. My 4 cylinder gets excellent gas mileage compared to the Corvette. Gawd, when I drove the Explorer as my DD, I would put 100 dollars a week in gas. Thing was a hog but it was heavy also.
Posted on: 2009/7/16 2:09

CentralCoaster Re: So I might be selling my car
Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

Selling off things to pay monthly bills never makes much sense really. The key is cutting monthly expenses as much as possible.

The car only pays you once. $1500 on a credit card only costs about $10-$15 per month in interest.

In other words, cutting back on your cable bill or eating out 3 less times per month is equal to how much you'd save by selling the car. Plus you still need a way to get around right?
Posted on: 2009/7/16 2:09

Elite Guru
North Carolina
1671 Posts

Quote:

CentralCoaster wrote:
Selling off things to pay monthly bills never makes much sense really. The key is cutting monthly expenses as much as possible.

The car only pays you once. $1500 on a credit card only costs about $10-$15 per month in interest.

In other words, cutting back on your cable bill or eating out 3 less times per month is equal to how much you'd save by selling the car. Plus you still need a way to get around right?

Cable was cut back, don't eat out as much, credit cards are mostly paid off, just utility and house payment. All cars are paid for. Got spare cars as well. Cut the light bill in half by keeping the TVs off and lights off when we are not in the room.
Posted on: 2009/7/16 2:12

Epimax Re: So I might be selling my car
Elite Guru
Wilmington, NC
1814 Posts

I sure hope things turn around soon for your family...
Hang in there...
Posted on: 2009/7/16 11:04

Matatk Re: So I might be selling my car
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22806 Posts

With all the money you dumped into it I wouldn't get rid of it. But I guess you just wanna cut your losses. Since you've got extra cars already, why not sell one of those?

Matthew
Posted on: 2009/7/16 13:01

BrianCunningham Re: So I might be selling my car
Senior Guru
Boston, MA for the most part :)
7763 Posts

Sorry to hear

Went through a couple of layoffs myself.

Managed to hang on to my car.
Posted on: 2009/7/16 13:11

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.