Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
252 user(s) are online (199 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Liter
Metric unit of measure. In the case of engine displacement, it measures the total volume of all combustion chambers. Therefore in a 5.7L V8, each cha...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Tuesday Chat 07.28.09
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Well, I'm here. Didn't know if I would make it. :sleepy1: I had a heck of a time falling asleep last night. I think I logged about 4 1/2 hours of actual sleep. Ugh. I'm gonna be beat today.

After work I have to drop off my wife's car for a quick estimate. On Saturday she was driving home and some dude with a trailer backed into the front end of her rogue. Didn't really do any serious damage, broke the license plate frame and put some scratches and dents in the bumper cover. Not super noticeable, but it's a relatively new car and it's irritating. We're taking it to my BIL's friend who does it on the side, does pretty nice work. The guy admitted it was his fault and said he'll either pay out of pocket or insurance, but since deductible is $500 and damage is probably $400, better to go this route.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2009/7/28 11:28

TommyT-Bone Re: Tuesday Chat 07.28.09
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Hello ..........
Everyday will be a busy day for a couple of weeks now. Closing on the house tomorrow or Thursday. Since we bought the house as is I have a few chores ahead. Hole patching, painting, fixture repacement, lock changing, screen repair, remove excess old wiring. Then I have to help my son move his stuff in. After that we're going to tent the house and have it fumigated. That ought to do it on that place. Then I can get back to working on my own place for a week or so. We're waiting on a property foreclosure on August 14th. That property is right next door to the main nursery. It has a fire damaged house, over an acre of land and about a 7 car garage. Hope we can pick it up cheap because of the damage. My son is on his third day at Staples. It has good long term prospects because they're opening two new stores here. He has the skills. Bachelors in computer science with a business administration minor. Hope he cuts the mustard. The wife is busy. I believe she heard the Dr but will she listen to the Dr. His comment was that she needs to slow down. Enough out of me. "May the good news be yours" ....
Posted on: 2009/7/28 12:25
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

pianoguy Re: Tuesday Chat 07.28.09
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

7-car garage? *drool* - hope it works out, Tommy! You'll have to set a good example for your wife by stress-testing a hammock on a daily basis ;-)

Good luck with your wife's car, Matt! Aggravating, but at least it sounds like the other guy will pay up.

I need to pinch myself - it's golf day and the forecast is upper 70's and sunny. Must be some kind of mistake.
Posted on: 2009/7/28 12:30

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quick comment on sleep deprivation. I woke up at 03:00 AM. Let the dogs out and when I laid back down I started doing house projects in my head. Couldn't get back to sleep.
Thought about a term I see on my computer now and then. (about blank). That did it. About 3 minutes later,
Posted on: 2009/7/28 12:31

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Took me a while to get to sleep - I kept thinking about how sweet the car sounded on the dyno :-D
Posted on: 2009/7/28 13:02

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

BillH Re: Tuesday Chat 07.28.09
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Quick comment on sleep deprivation. I woke up at 03:00 AM.

3:00 a.m. is tha time I usually head out for a 4 1/2 hour tow to the racetrack on a Friday morining.

I'll have plenty of time to lay down and relax......in my casket.
Posted on: 2009/7/28 13:33

teebee Re: Tuesday Chat 07.28.09
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12369 Posts

Morning guys, I totally missed yesterday....I started of early at the daughters' house. I had to get up in the attic to fix 4 rafters that had cracked and were sagging. I wanted to do that before the heat set in, so it was only about 115* when I crawled up there to fix them. Up there for about 20 minutes and when I came down my clothes were dripping wet. Then I started in doing some wiring worked on that most of the day and finished up at about 8pm. My butt was dragging. My daughter cut my hair and I was out. Today I have a couple of things, but basically I am done until they get the sheet rock hung.

I missed our Men's golf night last night, hope yours is good Brad. Also glad to hear DRM got you straightened out. Tommy, good to hear that things are working out for you, I'll keep my finger crossed. Matt, that stinks that you have to deal with that, but be glad it wasn't any worse.
Posted on: 2009/7/28 13:41

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

CSS996 Re: Tuesday Chat 07.28.09
Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

Good Morning Gurus!

Argh, that is so aggravating, Matt. But sounds like the guy is being cool about it. So that's a bonus.

Here's a snapshot of my day, yesterday...

I had to run a tape to UPS so I could overnight it for a client. Figured I would take the kids to McD's or something for dinner. Checked the bank balance before I left, and noticed it was $650 overdrawn!!!!

One of my client's checks bounced to the tune of $1,500, and the overdraft charges were starting to pile up pretty quickly.

Fortuately (and for the first time in my life) I had enough in savings (since two days before) to transfer over and cover the check, and stop the bleeding. I called the client, and they are going to take care of it...

So, on my way over to UPS, I have a green light crossing a 4 lane highway, heading North. A lady coming from the East (red light) turns right, into a turning lane and decides she has the right-of-way and doesn't bother to stop. As soon as I get across the highway, I need to get in the right lane to turn into a shopping center. She is not yielding, there's a dumbass right behind her that is not paying attention to traffic laws either, and I've got cars behind me...

So I light the wick on the Lincoln to get around her, and swing into the turning lane, well in front of her. AND SHE GIVES ME THE FINGER!!!

At this moment, I stop and think about how God wants us to forgive those that do wrong to us... And then I think about "eye for an eye", so I give her the finger right back.

So, anyway... I am hoping today goes better.

Happy Tuesday Gurus!
Posted on: 2009/7/28 14:36

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

An eye for an eye, a finger for a finger, something like that.....
Posted on: 2009/7/28 14:50

BrianCunningham Re: Tuesday Chat 07.28.09
Senior Guru
Boston, MA for the most part :)
7763 Posts

looks like we all have something in common

the AC kept waking me up last night
Posted on: 2009/7/28 16:17

bastet44 Re: Tuesday Chat 07.28.09
Webmaster
San Pedro, CA
1389 Posts

Good morning, Gurus.

Sounds like everyone else had a much more 'exciting' day yesterday than I did - for which I'm glad!

I'm looking forward to a nice mellow day today - not sure what I'm going to do...work, house stuff, lounge... decisions, decisions, decisions.

Happy Tuesday!
Posted on: 2009/7/28 16:23

bastet44 Re: Tuesday Chat 07.28.09
Webmaster
San Pedro, CA
1389 Posts

Word of the Day for Tuesday, July 28, 2009

sapid
\SAP-id\, adjective:

1. Having taste or flavor, especially having a strong pleasant flavor.
2. Agreeable to the mind; to one's liking.
Posted on: 2009/7/28 16:24

CSS996 Re: Tuesday Chat 07.28.09
Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

Those of you who did not sleep last night are feeling like all your energy has been sapid.
Posted on: 2009/7/28 16:27

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Ahh,fresh maple syryp. All the trees were sapid.
Posted on: 2009/7/28 16:30

Matatk Re: Tuesday Chat 07.28.09
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Quote:

bastet44 wrote:
Word of the Day for Tuesday, July 28, 2009

sapid
\SAP-id\, adjective:

1. Having taste or flavor, especially having a strong pleasant flavor.
2. Agreeable to the mind; to one's liking.

My daughter isn't potty trained yet, sapid in her diaper after she finished her bottle.

Matthew
Posted on: 2009/7/29 0:26

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.