Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
308 user(s) are online (248 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

88BlackZ51 Jsup is back at it........:)
Senior Guru
481 Posts

Posted on: 2009/8/10 0:59
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

bogus Re: Jsup is back at it........:)
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

OK... You are really looking to raise the dead.

I am going to watch this thread like a hawk, if it goes bad, I will lock and tow it in an instant.

I am not in the mood to relive this. He is now the problem of the yellowbullet admin, not me.
Posted on: 2009/8/10 1:12

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

Matatk Re: Jsup is back at it........:)
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

What Andy said.
Posted on: 2009/8/10 1:27

BrianCunningham Re: Jsup is back at it........:)
Senior Guru
Boston, MA for the most part :)
7763 Posts

enough already
Posted on: 2009/8/10 13:28

88BlackZ51 Re: Jsup is back at it........:)
Senior Guru
481 Posts

Quote:

bogus wrote:

I am going to watch this thread like a hawk, if it goes bad, I will lock and tow it in an instant.

I am not in the mood to relive this. He is now the problem of the yellowbullet admin, not me.

There is no reason why it should go bad.

He is another forum's issue now, however that forum puts up with alot, so I am sure he is safe saying whatever on YB.

There are alot of hardcore drag racers on that forum, and very informative.

My point was that it wasnt this forum's fault or booting him, or the CF forum. I think it's simple his nature.
Posted on: 2009/8/10 13:35

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Yes, but bringing it up here is like asking for a debate.

You just don't seem to understand how much he angers people here. I don't want to bring that much anger back. Is there any benefit to reporting his behavior?
Posted on: 2009/8/10 14:16

88BlackZ51 Re: Jsup is back at it........:)
Senior Guru
481 Posts

i sent you a pm. you are more then welcome to delete this thread.

have a good one!
Posted on: 2009/8/10 14:41

CentralCoaster Re: Jsup is back at it........:)
Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

It's as if he's the self-appointed second coming of Christ. Please, rescue us from our lack of intelligence!

If he put as much time into his car as he did into posting, it'd be doing 1/4 passes right now.
Posted on: 2009/8/10 17:09

Aardwolf Re: Jsup is back at it........:)
Senior Guru
Fremont, WI
209 Posts

Your both OCD, take some meds and move on.
Posted on: 2009/8/10 17:41

Senior Guru
7763 Posts

Quote:

Aardwolf wrote:

LOL
Posted on: 2009/8/10 17:48

Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

Destroying internet forums 1 head thread at a time.

Quote:
I don't have time to respond to all of Jsup's questions, nor do I care.

I don't doubt that 90% of your posts here are in jsup threads or about jsup. Pot meet kettle.
Posted on: 2009/8/10 17:53

Senior Guru
7763 Posts

of course you realize he's laughing his a$$ off right now.
Posted on: 2009/8/10 17:58

mikeV Re: Jsup is back at it........:)
Guru Newb
Top of the world Ma
158 Posts

Quote:

Aardwolf wrote:
Posted on: 2009/8/10 20:21

TonyMamo Re: Jsup is back at it........:)
Guru
54 Posts

Quote:

bogus wrote:

Andy.....you twitching a little bit like the inspector in the Pink Panther comedies??.....LOL

Nobody would be likely to have as big an issue with it as myself (indirectly the aim of all his charades, twists, and long winded diatribes) and I didn't really take offense to Rick's mention of it. Seemed to me he more meant it as off topic entertainment than anything else but I certainly know they have a huge history as well. Of course the thread that Rick has linked is waaaaay over the top being more of JSUP uncensored....LOL

I say we all cut Rick some slack if he promises to get his Vette actually running soon so we can quantify more performance results from the new Elim's....I know Rick's combo has a very small head relative to displacement (and a small cam as well) but I hope/have a hunch the end results will surprise some in spite of the conservative nature of the build.

-Tony

PS....Mike V, your avatar is funny as hell. That from a movie I take it?
Posted on: 2009/8/10 23:56

Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

Look on the bright side Tony, every internet thread where AFR is mentioned now gets 6,000 views thanks to jsup. You should send him a gift box of chocolates for all the attention and new customers.

So is it true that he's never run the 1/4 mile or built an engine? Its like getting real estate advice from a homeless dude.
Posted on: 2009/8/11 5:29

mikeV Re: Jsup is back at it........:)
Guru Newb
Top of the world Ma
158 Posts

Quote:

TonyMamo wrote:
Quote:

bogus wrote:

Andy.....you twitching a little bit like the inspector in the Pink Panther comedies??.....LOL

Nobody would be likely to have as big an issue with it as myself (indirectly the aim of all his charades, twists, and long winded diatribes) and I didn't really take offense to Rick's mention of it. Seemed to me he more meant it as off topic entertainment than anything else but I certainly know they have a huge history as well. Of course the thread that Rick has linked is waaaaay over the top being more of JSUP uncensored....LOL

I say we all cut Rick some slack if he promises to get his Vette actually running soon so we can quantify more performance results from the new Elim's....I know Rick's combo has a very small head relative to displacement (and a small cam as well) but I hope/have a hunch the end results will surprise some in spite of the conservative nature of the build.

-Tony

Tony, the avatar is top secert spy film of Jsup in action...guess which one he is :toothy8:
Posted on: 2009/8/11 9:19

Senior Guru
Fremont, WI
209 Posts

I realize it's meant to be off topic entertainment, which is about laughing at Jsup. Sure make a thread to get people to point and laugh at someone. It's childish and not Ricks first or last thread like this. Maybe I'm getting to old for the internet?
Posted on: 2009/8/11 14:00

SpectatorRacing Re: Jsup is back at it........:)
Elite Guru
1721 Posts

Quote:
I don't want to bring that much anger back. Is there any benefit to reporting his behavior?

Andy's too busy bringing sexy back, he doesn't have time to bring anger back, too!
Posted on: 2009/8/11 14:21

Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

Quote:

Aardwolf wrote:
I realize it's meant to be off topic entertainment, which is about laughing at Jsup. Sure make a thread to get people to point and laugh at someone. It's childish and not Ricks first or last thread like this. Maybe I'm getting to old for the internet?

Would it help if we deleted it and let Tommy T-Bone start another poop thread instead?
Posted on: 2009/8/11 17:17

Senior Guru
Fremont, WI
209 Posts

No, no more poop. How about a brain teaser instead..

What would make my car suddenly gain 20 PSI of oil pressure, and drop 30° of oil temp. Normally it ran 45 PSI at cruise and 195° oil temp. My car has the stock oil cooler. So I'm not sure how it's mechanically possible for the oil temp to be cooler then the coolant temp. After my last track event it now reads 65 PSI of oil pressure. My coolant temp is still the normal 185°.
Posted on: 2009/8/11 18:08

Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

Well, colder oil is thicker and would give a higher psi reading.

I'm not sure why the oil is colder though, but I'm envious.

Cross your fingers and keep on racin'.
Posted on: 2009/8/11 18:50

SpectatorRacing Re: Jsup is back at it........:)
Elite Guru
1721 Posts

If this is a real situation, I'd worry about something plugging one of your oil passages. Higher pressure for no reason is not good, and should not just "occur".

Does it still fluctuate with throttle position as it should?
Posted on: 2009/8/11 19:42

Senior Guru
Fremont, WI
209 Posts

Yes this is real, yes the pressure does fluctuate. The pressure reads 4 PSI before I start the car. No other issues, besides the low oil temp.

I went to Blackhawk Farms this weekend. It was hot but the car only went up to 200° coolant and 230° oil temps.

My trans read 225° though and stopped shifting. I thought it was burned up but it did get back working after it cooled.
Posted on: 2009/8/11 20:22

Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

If the sensor is off by 4psi with engine off, then I wonder how far off it is at 50 psi.

Maybe pull the sensor out (rear intake manifold, single prong) and clean or replace it.
Posted on: 2009/8/11 22:11

TonyMamo Re: Jsup is back at it........:)
Guru
54 Posts

Quote:

Aardwolf wrote:
No, no more poop. How about a brain teaser instead..

What would make my car suddenly gain 20 PSI of oil pressure, and drop 30° of oil temp. Normally it ran 45 PSI at cruise and 195° oil temp. My car has the stock oil cooler. So I'm not sure how it's mechanically possible for the oil temp to be cooler then the coolant temp. After my last track event it now reads 65 PSI of oil pressure. My coolant temp is still the normal 185°.

OK....Got a few good laughs from a few of you and now I am on to the brain teaser! (which is a bit more bizarre).

You did a similar track event and what was the new temp and pressure exactly versus where you normally see it?

Did you have similar oil level and has anything else been changed or modified since your last track outing?

-Tony
Posted on: 2009/8/12 2:55

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Quote:

TonyMamo wrote:
Quote:

bogus wrote:

-Tony

To be honest.... yes... jsup gave me fits last winter... and I am not really ready to deal with the aftermath.

If he wants to trash internet car forums one at a time, it's his thing, but I don't want him trashing this one... either in person or absentia.

I wasn't really being harsh on Ricky - just the subject and wanting to keep this nice. If this gets icky, one of his spies will inform and I have to perform even more damage control.

So far, this has stayed clean, so nothing to fret...

Ricky - sorry for not replying to the PMs... I have been real busy. Nothing personal!
Posted on: 2009/8/12 13:43

Senior Guru
Fremont, WI
209 Posts

You did a similar track event and what was the new temp and pressure exactly versus where you normally see it?

Did you have similar oil level and has anything else been changed or modified since your last track outing?

-Tony

Normal oil pressure 45, new 65. Normal oil temp 195, new 165. The oil temp reading low really throws me for a loop, since the car has the coolant fed stock oil cooler. I have a road race oil pan waiting to go on, maybe I'll dig into that and inspect what I can while there.

I don't know a lot about the bypass system, in the engine and in the filter. If there were any issues there I can't see how more oil would get cooled. Maybe there is a restriction/debris in the stalk, as both senders are there both could be affected by that.
Posted on: 2009/8/12 15:01

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.