Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
331 user(s) are online (279 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Horn
A rather boring honk, but it should be loud and clear.

It should work with key on or off....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Tuesday Chat 05.25.10
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Hope everyone is enjoying the hot weather! It is a change from before, but I like it better than snow. I've commented to several of my friends at work how much of a better mood I'm in now. If I can tell myself, it must be big. I just hate winter. Every year as I get older I hate it more. I am always depressed throughout winter and then when summer comes I'm happy again. So here I am I would move to somewhere warm, but family keeps us here in Chicago. Oh well. I may become a snowbird when I get older....but that's years down the road.

I got a chance to pick up my fuel injectors yesterday!!! It's amazing how happy buying car parts makes me...lol. So then my wife says to me "does this mean the car is gonna run now" I said no. She said "why not" and I tried to explain it to her as "this is just another piece to the puzzle".

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2010/5/25 12:05

pianoguy Re: Tuesday Chat 05.25.10
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Greetings! Yep, another steamy one here - hopefully the storms they're talking about won't materialize. At least until golf is over with. Matt, after a while those winters will just fly by, so it won't matter anymore.
Posted on: 2010/5/25 12:10

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

BillH Re: Tuesday Chat 05.25.10
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:
Good Morning CGs!

It is a change from before, but I like it better than snow. I've commented to several of my friends at work how much of a better mood I'm in now. If I can tell myself, it must be big. I just hate winter. Every year as I get older I hate it more. I am always depressed throughout winter and then when summer comes I'm happy again. So here I am I would move to somewhere warm, Matthew

I hate winter too. I moved here because the winter was decent with some warm days every week. It was like that for 25 years.
But, WTF happened this year? I've never seen anything like it. It we're lucky, it will hit 65 today.

Just saw a commercial from my cable company offering their new high speed internet - 60 megs/sec?????????
Posted on: 2010/5/25 13:07

Vetron87 Re: Tuesday Chat 05.25.10
Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Good Morning Gurus. Hot/humid. Yesterday worked in the yard hot/sweaty and stinky!

Matt, I agree winter gets old real quick! Lake effect snow/wind chill and drifts. I enjoy the change in season's but lately we move from winter to summer with very little spring and the same with fall.

We have dodged the bullet as far as severe storms and tornados so far.

Have a great day guys!!
Posted on: 2010/5/25 13:17

teebee Re: Tuesday Chat 05.25.10
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12370 Posts

Good morning guys. Spending money on things that you like is fun and makes me happy. So, I'm with you, Matt. Finishing up the cleanup of the shop today and tomorrow, Thursday we will just chill out.

I dislike winter as well. Normally our winter here aren't too bad, but this year was not a good. I'll live with it though as you guys up north have it much worse. Now severe storms are another deal. I was right yesterday, in saying it was primed for storms. Severe weather west of us (20 miles) Tornado's east (15-40 miles). Today seems to be better. The air isn't quite so juicy.

Two more days for the kids and I'll be finished up Friday.

Hope you all have a great day!
Posted on: 2010/5/25 15:42

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

RickAnthony Re: Tuesday Chat 05.25.10
ASE Master Certified
Downers Grove, IL
703 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:
Good Morning CGs!

Hope everyone is enjoying the hot weather! It is a change from before, but I like it better than snow. I've commented to several of my friends at work how much of a better mood I'm in now. If I can tell myself, it must be big. I just hate winter. Every year as I get older I hate it more. I am always depressed throughout winter and then when summer comes I'm happy again. So here I am I would move to somewhere warm, but family keeps us here in Chicago. Oh well. I may become a snowbird when I get older....but that's years down the road.

I got a chance to pick up my fuel injectors yesterday!!! It's amazing how happy buying car parts makes me...lol. So then my wife says to me "does this mean the car is gonna run now" I said no. She said "why not" and I tried to explain it to her as "this is just another piece to the puzzle".

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew

Ha Ha, I can hear her asking you that.. like the other day whats Moates? or whatever..
Posted on: 2010/5/25 17:48
RickAnthonyMotorsports.NET

TommyT-Bone Re: Tuesday Chat 05.25.10
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Just got back this afternoon. Mom is back at home and doing well. She had some problems with valve blockage in her heart. They fixed what they could fix. I stayed with her a few days and she is getting around pretty good. Brought home a dog for my son compliments of my sister. He knows the dog and didn't want to see her going to the pound. Put about 600 miles on my 83 911 at about 22 mpg. Better than getting 15 mpg in my Yukon. The Verte didn't have enough room for going shopping so it got to stay home. Well, hope everybody is doing OK. I'm gonna slip back into my routine. Everything I left behind is still waiting for me and I get to do some of my regular chores all over again.
Posted on: 2010/5/25 21:08

Matatk Re: Tuesday Chat 05.25.10
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Welcome back, Tommy. Hope your mom gets healed up quick!

We got back today, too. We left yesterday morning for the Wisconsin Dells and stayed at a water park resort up there overnight. Kind of a trip for Samantha's 2nd bday, and my wife wanted to get out of town. Sam had a lot of fun in the kiddie area with little slides and pools. I rode a few of the grown up slides, but they could have been faster (put a 383 in it!) Sam was really tired and maybe a little sick this morning, so we didn't stay long. 3 hour drives and a cranky baby don't make for a fun mix, but she slept about half way home then she was feeling better. Gonna get a workout in and tinker with the car.

Matthew
Posted on: 2010/5/25 22:34

vetteblondie Re: Tuesday Chat 05.25.10
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4654 Posts

Looooooonnnnnggg crappy day at work, still feel bad, then came home to this:
Looked like a cat crossing the hall, was tall enough to cast a shadow!

Attach file:

jpg  spider.jpg (113.45 KB)
619_4bfc9a78018fd.jpg 1063X775 px
Posted on: 2010/5/26 3:50

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.