Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
318 user(s) are online (269 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Bowling Green
Bowling Green, KY, is the location of the Corvette assembly plant since 1981. From 1954-1981, Corvettes were assembled in St Louis, MO.

The Natio...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
(1) 2 »
 Register To Post

Weavsvet AFR's, Did I gain anything......
Senior Guru
446 Posts

Went to Rockingham late yesterday. The track prep was nonexistent. I guess because of not much going on there this weekend. I could not get the car to hook at all(Most other times it has hooked pretty well). Took it quite a ways to finally grab. My shift cable gave up the ghost after the 3rd run which was my best of the day. The weather wasn't good at all. Temp was 89 with a 52% humidity. The tune has not been changed for the AFR's.,,,,,,,,,yet.

Drag Times automatic weather getter is down so I had to look up the weather for the DA. Track elev. is 211'. I was running around a 2800' elev. yesterday.

Here was my best run in Feb before the head swap in some really good air. And yesterdays best run in some pretty bad air.

1:45PM 20/FEB/2010

R/T............ .124
60'...............1.753
330'.............5.093
1/8...............7.892
MPH...........88.38
1000'...........10.317
1/4...............12.382
MPH............109.20

8:34PM 11/ JUNE/2010

R/T.......... .270
60'...............1.920
330'.............5.275
1/8...............8.051
MPH...........90.55
1000'............
1/4...............12.496
MPH...........110.97
Posted on: 2010/6/12 21:03
1996 Corvette Coupe,AFR 195 street Eliminators,Edelbrock LT4 Air Gap intake manifold,9.5" 2800 stall,TPIS LT headers,Bullet 226/230.565.565/111 lsa cam,1.7 Scorpion rr's,EWP, X Pipe, Stock Exhaust,Elec.Cutouts,Dana 44/3.45, Tune by Wester's Garage
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Steve40th Re: AFR's, Did I gain anything......
Elite Guru
1114 Posts

until you get it re tuned for AFR etc, you arent going to see any gain. If the heads flow better than your last heads, which they should, you wont gain anything till its retuned. Its like putting headers on a car, they are worthless till retuned.
Besides, there is a difference between Rockingham from Feb to June. Been there done that ;)
Posted on: 2010/6/12 21:30

rklessdriver Re: AFR's, Did I gain anything......
Senior Guru
Woodbridge, VA
1318 Posts

You picked up 2mph in the 1/8th and 1mph (almost 2) in the 1/4 which tells me it is making more power in the first 330 but I can see its laying down on the big end of the track -

As you said track prep was crap and your 60ft shows it. Your .2 behind all the way to the 1/8th mile but gained a half a tenth (.05) on the big end time. With the 2 mph increase in the 1/8th I'd expect to see a bigger gain in the 2nd half of the track (like 2-3 tenths) over your other combo.

It just tells me for some reason your not making the power in high gear... could be the air, could be the tune, could be a combination of both.

Still looks like good numbers for a heads/cam motor with a mail order tune. Get that thing on a dyno with a wide band and see how far the tune is off.
Will
Posted on: 2010/6/12 21:32

1972 Corvette. LS5 454 BBC with M20 4 speed.
Best Pass - Doing good to just pass a gas station.

Weavsvet Re: AFR's, Did I gain anything......
Senior Guru
446 Posts

Quote:

rklessdriver wrote:
You picked up 2mph in the 1/8th and 1mph (almost 2) in the 1/4 which tells me it is making more power in the first 330 but I can see its laying down on the big end of the track -

As you said track prep was crap and your 60ft shows it. Your .2 behind all the way to the 1/8th mile but gained a half a tenth (.05) on the big end time. With the 2 mph increase in the 1/8th I'd expect to see a bigger gain in the 2nd half of the track (like 2-3 tenths) over your other combo.

It just tells me for some reason your not making the power in high gear... could be the air, could be the tune, could be a combination of both.

Still looks like good numbers for a heads/cam motor with a mail order tune. Get that thing on a dyno with a wide band and see how far the tune is off.
Will

Thanks Will
This car has always been slack at the end of the track. I have the converter unlocked at WOT in both 2nd and 3rd. Does that affect top end? Also, I've been pondering going to 1 3/4 headers in hopes that would help the top end some but I like the torque on the street to much.

I plan to take it to a shop that does the tune on the dyno very soon.

Mike
Posted on: 2010/6/12 21:42
1996 Corvette Coupe,AFR 195 street Eliminators,Edelbrock LT4 Air Gap intake manifold,9.5" 2800 stall,TPIS LT headers,Bullet 226/230.565.565/111 lsa cam,1.7 Scorpion rr's,EWP, X Pipe, Stock Exhaust,Elec.Cutouts,Dana 44/3.45, Tune by Wester's Garage

rklessdriver Re: AFR's, Did I gain anything......
Senior Guru
Woodbridge, VA
1318 Posts

Yes it effects the top end. An unlocked TQ Converter eats MPH over a locked one. I would expect the car to mph better with the TQ Converter locked up.

As long as both passes we are compairng here were w/unlocked TQ Converter - The comparison and my opinion is still vaild.

Your running 1 5/8" long tube headers?? If so - I wouldn't expect to see any gain on a 350 inch motor by going to 1 3/4".
Will
Posted on: 2010/6/12 23:36

1972 Corvette. LS5 454 BBC with M20 4 speed.
Best Pass - Doing good to just pass a gas station.

BeachBum Re: AFR's, Did I gain anything......
Master Guru
751 Posts

That is a very nice performance improvement !

As per your date and time, Wunderground shows 60 degrees, 30.16 bar & 21.6 dewpoint on your first run in February in which you managed 109.20 mph.

Your second run in June was in the 80's with a 30.09 bar & 69.9 dewpoint..... "huge" difference in air quality.....

I haven't run my simulation on this, but I don't have too.... if you ran in the same air as the first pass with your new set-up, you would have hit 113 mph and maybe even 114 mph based upon your 110.9.... I think when it starts to cool down this fall, you'll see these traps easily. When all is said and done, I think you will find you have picked up around 4-5 mph with your latest round of modifications.

Naturally, a better et will come with improved 60's.....

Congrats on your new found performance !
Posted on: 2010/6/12 23:36

Senior Guru
446 Posts

Quote:

BeachBum wrote:

As per your date and time, Wunderground shows 60 degrees, 30.16 bar & 21.6 dewpoint on your first run in February in which you managed 109.20 mph.

Your second run in June was in the 80's with a 30.09 bar & 69.9 dewpoint..... "huge" difference in air quality.....

I haven't run my simulation on this, but I don't have too.... if you ran in the same air as the first pass with your new set-up, you would have hit 113 mph and maybe even 114 mph based upon your 110.9.... I think when it starts to cool down this fall, you'll see these traps easily. When all is said and done, I think you will find you have picked up around 4-5 mph with your latest round of modifications.

Thanks for the compliment BeachBum! I didn't blow a head gasket or anything so I guess I did it right this time.

I could tell the car had more power just in the way it felt. It's never been that sloppy off the line like it was yesterday. Well, maybe my first run ever on street tires...
I don't count that one though. Not sure how much was lack of prep or the improvement in the car but I know I'm looking forward to a better day down there and also a dyno pull or two.
Posted on: 2010/6/13 0:18

Senior Guru
446 Posts

Quote:

rklessdriver wrote:
Yes it effects the top end. An unlocked TQ Converter eats MPH over a locked one. I would expect the car to mph better with the TQ Converter locked up.

As long as both passes we are compairng here were w/unlocked TQ Converter - The comparison and my opinion is still vaild.

Your running 1 5/8" long tube headers?? If so - I wouldn't expect to see any gain on a 350 inch motor by going to 1 3/4".
Will

I'll have it locked up then when I get it re tuned. Thanks!
Posted on: 2010/6/13 0:20

flyboy Re: AFR's, Did I gain anything......
Elite Guru
Westmont, Il.
2632 Posts

I thought the 4l60e was designed not to lock up at WOT and that doing so would put a strain on the trans.
Glad your car is back together and running well.
Posted on: 2010/6/13 0:25

Master Guru
751 Posts

Quote:

rklessdriver wrote:

Will

I have noticed and tested this theory.... and you can see a very small mph improvement along the lines of a 1/2 mph for a naturally aspirated C4.... but the et does not improve, in part due to when you actually lock the converter up.... which is typically mid-range 2nd or 3rd gear..... the rpm drops immediately when you hit the switch.... thus, the motor has to recover. Therefore, I never saw an et improvement....

However, I had a friend with a heavily modified Turbo Buick V6 that did show a small gain... somewhere around 1.5 mph improvement and the better part of a tenth in et.....not sure, but I think the reasoning behind this is that the boost helps the rpm recover quicker due to the high spikes of torque forced induction can create, but not sure.
Posted on: 2010/6/13 1:21

Master Guru
751 Posts

Quote:

Weavsvet wrote:
Quote:

BeachBum wrote:

Thanks for the compliment BeachBum! I didn't blow a head gasket or anything so I guess I did it right this time.

I could tell the car had more power just in the way it felt. It's never been that sloppy off the line like it was yesterday. Well, maybe my first run ever on street tires...
I don't count that one though. Not sure how much was lack of prep or the improvement in the car but I know I'm looking forward to a better day down there and also a dyno pull or two.

Based upon what I am reading in your signature.... I think you have a combination good for easy high 11's in street trim as it sits. Albeit, you might have to wait until it starts cooling down in the fall to see the 11's.... its easily their with that combination. Loosen up that converter another 600-800 rpm and you'll see mid 11's in my opinion.

Good Luck !!
Posted on: 2010/6/13 1:25

Senior Guru
446 Posts

Quote:

BeachBum wrote:
Quote:

Weavsvet wrote:
Quote:

BeachBum wrote:

Loosen up that converter another 600-800 rpm and you'll see mid 11's in my opinion.

Good Luck !!

Funny how one mod leads to another....when I put that 2800 in there I would never have guessed I'd be where I am now.
Posted on: 2010/6/13 1:35

Master Guru
751 Posts

Quote:

Weavsvet wrote:

Funny how one mod leads to another....when I put that 2800 in there I would never have guessed I'd be where I am now.

You're not kidding.... around 15 years ago, I tore into my motor to simply swap valve seals as a maintenance issue..... I thought, while its apart, I guess I should upgrade something.... fast forward 15 years and a roll of cash the size of I don't even wanna know.... and I'm still not done.

Its a disease.....
Posted on: 2010/6/13 3:30

tpi421vett Re: AFR's, Did I gain anything......
Registered Vendor
Salt Lake City Utah
125 Posts

You will easily be in the 11's when you get it sorted out in good air.
Posted on: 2010/6/13 5:17
450ci now with AFR 235...

pr0zac Re: AFR's, Did I gain anything......
Elite Guru
Pittsburgh
1045 Posts

i ran 8.18@90 in 1/8 with my pcmforless tuned lt4 iwht a 280xfi cam, shorty headers slp cat back and 4.10's. that was with a 1.96 60ft. you "should" be able to out run that easily. it fell over on the back end also. i think it was the tune.
Posted on: 2010/6/14 13:51

Josh Re: AFR's, Did I gain anything......
Guru
Raleigh, NC
666 Posts

When I swapped to the AFR heads on my car, it leaned me out a good amount. I realize your a MAF car VS my speed density, but that is what I would guess is going on. Leaning out some, coupled with the load of WOT in high gear, is probably causing the ECU to pull timing. Do you have any data logging gear?

Even after you have a shop tune it, data logging the car at the track is always a good idea. I don't know of a shop in the NC area that has an eddy current dyno, so you're probably going to get a tune based of the way a dynojet loads the motor. It's still going to be great, and be way better than it is now, but the load it will see on the dyno is different that it will see going down the track, so data logging it (at least in the beginning) is a good idea.

Good luck with it. PM me the next time you are heading out the track. Jonecap and I hit Rockingham and Nam all the time.
Posted on: 2010/6/14 23:31

Elite Guru
Pittsburgh
1045 Posts

Quote:

Josh wrote:
When I swapped to the AFR heads on my car, it leaned me out a good amount. I realize your a MAF car VS my speed density, but that is what I would guess is going on. Leaning out some, coupled with the load of WOT in high gear, is probably causing the ECU to pull timing. Do you have any data logging gear?

Even after you have a shop tune it, data logging the car at the track is always a good idea. I don't know of a shop in the NC area that has an eddy current dyno, so you're probably going to get a tune based of the way a dynojet loads the motor. It's still going to be great, and be way better than it is now, but the load it will see on the dyno is different that it will see going down the track, so data logging it (at least in the beginning) is a good idea.

Good luck with it. PM me the next time you are heading out the track. Jonecap and I hit Rockingham and Nam all the time.
did you decide to keep your car?
Posted on: 2010/6/14 23:37

Guru
Raleigh, NC
666 Posts

It's still for sale, but I'm not advertising it at all.

Unfortunately, my girl friend had a baby on the 12th so the car will most likely have to go away.

Before anyone test drives the car or anything I want to put a catch can on it and button up a couple other things. Once those things are done (I think I can get it squared away in the coming weeks, I took 3 weeks off from work for the birth of the kid, hopefully I can find time in there to work on the car) I'll start to advertise it more agressively.

If anyone on the guru is interested, 10K takes it home. I'll deliver it anywhere on the East coast for free.
Posted on: 2010/6/15 4:52

Senior Guru
446 Posts

Quote:

Josh wrote:

Thanks for chiming in Josh!
Tuner said something similar to your thoughts on it. I have a Moates data logger on the way and should be here Wed. I've decided to bypass the dyno tune and just do runs at the track with the data logger. I also have a Jet cable coming so I can upload the new tune myself. This way will be much slower about tuning the car but like you I feel in the long run it will be more accurate. I have no doubt there is a lot on the table left to gain.

Hey, if you guys decide to go down there PM me and I might tag along. I have to get the car running better though you two will make me look bad if I don't.

On another note.....I emailed Weatherunderground about the weather stats down there. They lost the weather station that was providing the data. They've switched to another one so the automatic weather is back on the Drag Times DA calculator for The Rock.

Here is my actual DA for this past Friday the 11th.

Track Elevation....... 211
Air Temp.............. 87.8
Barometric Pressure... 29.94
Humidity.............. 43%

ET.................... 12.496
MPH................... 110.97

DA................... 2317'

Stock and Mildly Modified Naturally Aspirated Engines
12.157 @ 114.137 MPH
Posted on: 2010/6/15 8:01

Guru
Raleigh, NC
666 Posts

Ya, that's some pretty bad air for the Rock. In the cooler months seeing negative DA out there is pretty normal.
Posted on: 2010/6/15 19:20

88BlackZ51 Re: AFR's, Did I gain anything......
Senior Guru
481 Posts

Edited by Matatk
Posted on: 2010/6/16 4:00

Senior Guru
481 Posts

Quote:

Weavsvet wrote:
Went to Rockingham late yesterday. The track prep was nonexistent. I guess because of not much going on there this weekend. I could not get the car to hook at all(Most other times it has hooked pretty well). Took it quite a ways to finally grab. My shift cable gave up the ghost after the 3rd run which was my best of the day. The weather wasn't good at all. Temp was 89 with a 52% humidity. The tune has not been changed for the AFR's.,,,,,,,,,yet.

Drag Times automatic weather getter is down so I had to look up the weather for the DA. Track elev. is 211'. I was running around a 2800' elev. yesterday.

Here was my best run in Feb before the head swap in some really good air. And yesterdays best run in some pretty bad air.

1:45PM 20/FEB/2010

R/T............ .124
60'...............1.753
330'.............5.093
1/8...............7.892
MPH...........88.38
1000'...........10.317
1/4...............12.382
MPH............109.20

8:34PM 11/ JUNE/2010

R/T.......... .270
60'...............1.920
330'.............5.275
1/8...............8.051
MPH...........90.55
1000'............
1/4...............12.496
MPH...........110.97

Cool Test. Makes you wonder what gains would be had with there comp ports.
Posted on: 2010/6/16 4:01

Guru
Raleigh, NC
666 Posts

Edited by Matatk
Posted on: 2010/6/16 23:00

Elite Guru
Pittsburgh
1045 Posts

Edited by Matatk
Posted on: 2010/6/17 3:33

Senior Guru
481 Posts

Edited by Matatk
Posted on: 2010/6/17 3:56

Matatk Re: AFR's, Did I gain anything......
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Keep this on topic and quit trolling on someone else's post. If you have to engage in a childish argument, take it to PMs.

Matthew
Posted on: 2010/6/17 11:38

Senior Guru
446 Posts

DYNO RESULTS!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't have the graphs yet but I couldn't wait to post the numbers on the pulls. The correction factor was STD, no smoothing.

First pull with the PCM unchanged from the last tune I had with the stock heads. Cutouts wide open.

364.30 rwhp
330.67 torque

Second pull same PCM. On this pull I opened the cutouts about half way. All the rest of the pulls were with this same cutout setting.

370.51 rwhp
333.27 torque

Ok, now comes the good part. Just by chance that there was a issue with the PCM as to why I could not connect to it I carried two other ones I had with me to change out just to see if one of them would take the new tune my tuner had sent me. The supposedly stock one I had would not take it. The software said the PCM was not compatible with the tune I was going to install. Probably out of an F body. Tried the other one which is one I had bought from my previous tuner with his tune in it. It took it!!!.

372.66 rwhp
338.80 torque

One last pull and it was scary! One of the straps at the back was to close to the exhaust cutout and I guess and it burnt into. Not really any good spots back there to hook the things up. The car took a hard jolt to the right but Mike got on the dyno brake really fast so it stayed on the drum. He also had chock blocks in front and behind the front tires. Thank goodness!!! That's something a lot of operators don't do.

376.50 rwhp
334.66 torque

One last thing. When I changed the PCM out I forgot to switch the LT4 knock module. I would bet money it was pulling timing on the last two pulls. The last two runs are kind of choppy at the end.

Mike said in a controlled atmosphere it would been a little over 400 rwhp. The temp was in the mid upper 80's from the heat of the car (It's a small shop the dyno is in) with a humidity of 46-56%.

I'll post the graph files as soon as I get them.

I'm pretty happy! This is about a 40 rwhp gain over my best pulls with the stock heads.

Photobucket
Posted on: 2010/6/19 14:49

BrianCunningham Re: AFR's, Did I gain anything......
Senior Guru
Boston, MA for the most part :)
7763 Posts

That's quite an improvement
Posted on: 2010/6/19 20:03

Senior Guru
446 Posts

Thanks Brian!

I thought it was also. I'm going to give the track another shot this evening just to see if it does improve there any.
Posted on: 2010/6/19 20:34

Senior Guru
446 Posts

Any takers on why this dip is here? Knock retard maybe? Since I forgot to install the LT4 knock module when I changed PCMs.

PCPhotobucketMs.
Posted on: 2010/6/20 9:11

Elite Guru
Westmont, Il.
2632 Posts

Nice numbers, where are you shifting?
Also, at what rpm does the H.P. curve cross the torque curve on the graph?
Posted on: 2010/6/20 14:42

Master Guru
751 Posts

Quote:

Weavsvet wrote:
Any takers on why this dip is here? Knock retard maybe? Since I forgot to install the LT4 knock module when I changed PCMs.

PCPhotobucketMs.

The first dip is undoubtly where you are coming off the converter.... but the 2nd one, you look a little lean going into it, maybe you just need to fatten it up a bit and see what happens. Other than that.... I do not know.
Posted on: 2010/6/20 15:14

Master Guru
751 Posts

Quote:

flyboy wrote:

All cars regardless of make or model cross at exactly 5252 rpm..... mathematically they have too.
Posted on: 2010/6/20 15:15

Senior Guru
446 Posts

Quote:

flyboy wrote:

Thanks flyboy!
It's an A4 so my tuner set that at what he thought was best.
Posted on: 2010/6/20 16:06

Senior Guru
446 Posts

Quote:

BeachBum wrote:
Quote:

flyboy wrote:

All cars regardless of make or model cross at exactly 5252 rpm..... mathematically they have too.

uh-oh..... knew my car was mathematically challenged.......

Seriously, why don't mine cross at 5252? A graph issue?

Posted on: 2010/6/20 16:09

Master Guru
751 Posts

Your numbers do cross at 5252 rpm.... the graph has two different scales is why they do not appear too on the graph itself.... right side is torque, left side is HP....
Posted on: 2010/6/20 16:52

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3933547 ... chevrolet-corvette/page-1

Master Guru
751 Posts

Remember, the formula....

HP = Torque x RPM/5252

It has to cross at 5252 rpm....its mathematically impossible for it not too.
Posted on: 2010/6/20 16:54

Senior Guru
446 Posts

Quote:

BeachBum wrote:
Your numbers do cross at 5252 rpm.... the graph has two different scales is why they do not appear too on the graph itself.... right side is torque, left side is HP....

I'm not seeing but I'll take your word for it. I had always read they were supposed to cross at 5252 and wondered why mine didn't on the graph. I'm still wondering........
Posted on: 2010/6/20 17:04

Master Guru
751 Posts

Look at your graph, in the upper left hand corner, notice how it shows 400 up their.... now go to the upper right hand corner.... notice how it shows 340..... that is because each side has a different scale. So when you look at your torque curve and want to know how much torque you have, you go by the scale on the right hand side of the dyno graph.... for HP, you go by the scale on the left hand side.

Knowing this, you will notice that at 5252 rpm, you have just under 330 HP and also just under 330 ftlbs of torque.
Posted on: 2010/6/20 17:12

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3933547 ... chevrolet-corvette/page-1

Senior Guru
446 Posts

I see. Thanks for the explanation BeachBum!
Posted on: 2010/6/20 17:17

Senior Guru
446 Posts

I also have a question about the torque.

Before I installed the heads I had 328 ftlbs of torque. The torque did not increase very much compared to rwhp. Is this because of the cam grind and the rpm at which it is designed to perform? If not this then why? Thanks, Mike
Posted on: 2010/6/20 18:11

Master Guru
751 Posts

Quote:

Weavsvet wrote:
I also have a question about the torque.

Before I installed the heads I had 328 ftlbs of torque. The torque did not increase very much compared to rwhp. Is this because of the cam grind and the rpm at which it is designed to perform? If not this then why? Thanks, Mike

It can.... it depends on the set-up, but typically as you increase your engines breathing ability, you will be shifting your torque curve higher in the rpm range.... hence, your peak tq may only be marginally improved, but your overall HP curve is much more powerful. This is of course due to the larger cylinder heads, more cam, etc...

Having said that, now that I have reviewed your torque curve, I notice that dip you talk about previously is right in the area that you should have your "real" torque peak....(It shouldn't be at 5500 rpm with your cam, but it is because where its supposed to be is missing, leaving 5500 rpm as the next high point)..... I think that dip has chopped off the hill of torque that should be their. I would guess, it would keep rising instead of stopping and going down where it does.....

In my opinion, with the set-up you have, your Torque peak should be in that 4600-5000 rpm area..... and with that dip happening at that precise rpm.... notice that it goes flat at 4300 rpm and then actually goes down at 4600 rpm..... invert that dip into a hill, and that is probably more along the lines of what your torque curve should look like.....you're missing a bunch of torque and that may even improve the curve above it when you get it fixed....

You need to get it back on the dyno and tune out that dip.....and I think you'll find at least 20 more ftlbs of torque at that rpm.... probably more. Kind of looks like you need more fuel, but I think its more than that... I'll bet you're getting some detonation or perhaps the ecm is pulling a bunch of timing out in that area, but not sure, just guessing.

good luck !
Posted on: 2010/6/20 18:50

BrianCunningham Re: AFR's, Did I gain anything......
Senior Guru
Boston, MA for the most part :)
7763 Posts

could that be the knock sensor he already mentioned taking out timing?
Posted on: 2010/6/20 19:21

Master Guru
751 Posts

Quote:

BrianCunningham wrote:

I would think so....
Posted on: 2010/6/20 19:47

Elite Guru
Westmont, Il.
2632 Posts

O.K. and where are you shifting at the track? Thanks
Posted on: 2010/6/20 19:50

Master Guru
751 Posts

I think your torque curve should instead look something like one of these I filled-in with theortical curves....

Not sure which one.....but it could be the purple one that not only helps the torque where its missing, but extends the power up into the rpm range. At the very least, it is one of the other two.

[IMG]http://i526.photobucket.com/albums/cc342/tldrane/weavdyno.jpg[/IMG]
Posted on: 2010/6/20 19:50

Elite Guru
Westmont, Il.
2632 Posts

Posted on: 2010/6/20 19:52

Senior Guru
446 Posts

Quote:

BeachBum wrote:
Quote:

BrianCunningham wrote:

I would think so....

It was there a little in the old tune but no where near as pronounced. Maybe it was the L4 module not being in there.

Posted on: 2010/6/20 19:58

Senior Guru
446 Posts

Quote:

flyboy wrote:

I can't answer that flyboy. I put it in drive, not OD and go. Should I be shifting manually? I have asked this before(not here) and the consensus was to let the tune do the shifting for me. Some said to do it manually though.
Posted on: 2010/6/20 20:01

Senior Guru
446 Posts

Quote:

BeachBum wrote:
I think your torque curve should instead look something like one of these I filled-in with theortical curves....

Not sure which one.....but it could be the purple one that not only helps the torque where its missing, but extends the power up into the rpm range. At the very least, it is one of the other two.

[IMG]http://i526.photobucket.com/albums/cc342/tldrane/weavdyno.jpg[/IMG]

That would be great! But still, this cam is a across the board cam,1900-6200. You're saying it can deliver something like this?
Posted on: 2010/6/20 20:05

(1) 2 »
You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.