Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
332 user(s) are online (264 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Backspacing
A wheel dimension measured from the hub mounting surface to the inner sidewall of the tire, usually measured in Inches. It determines how much tire ...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk WTF is wrong with kids today???? (NWS - language)
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Watch this video:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/05/14/ ... ing-year-old-elderly-man/

"Surveillance Video Captures Teens Beating 73-Year-Old Elderly Man

Cleveland, OH Police say a group of teens -- aged, 15-18 years -- pulled a 73-year-old man from his car, then kicked, beat and punched him relentlessly. Fox 8 News reports this unthinkable crime.

The vicious assault was caught on a surveillance camera.

Sgt. David Rutt of the Cleveland Police Dept. says the teens started attacking after the man and his 51-year-old friend, got angry because the teens were loitering near his house.

"There was a group of six to seven juveniles standing in the driveway, blocking their entrance," said Sgt. Rutt. "The juveniles became more aggressive."

Sgt. Rutt says the men did the right thing, by driving away from the E. 71st St. home in an attempt to get away from mob of angry teens.

Police say the men drove down the street to Harpster's Market.

The 51-year-old man got out of the car and went inside to call police. According to police, that's when the trouble began.

"The juveniles followed them down to the market and while the one man is inside using the phone to call police, the crowd began to taunt the passenger," said Sgt. Rutt.

The teens the pulled the 73-year-old man from his car.

First, two teens started kicking him, then the group grew to around six teens, all beating, punching and kicking the elderly man.

The mob of teens also attacked the 51-year-old man. Both were hospitalized, one with facial fractures.

Cleveland police have arrested four of the teens seen in the video, but they're still looking for two more.

Sgt. Rutt says the surveillance video clearly shows the severity of the crime.

Click here for more on this story from Fox 8 News."
Posted on: 2010/6/17 11:27

TommyT-Bone Re: WTF is wrong with kids today????
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Since the Juvenile Justice System is generally a piece of steaming feces and rarely is justice served, maybe there is a group of young men in the neighborhood that would like to make a little extra spending money letting these boys know the errors of their ways. If the punks were over 18 it would have been so much better. There is always someone on the inside that needs a little spending money. I can only hope they charge them as adults and as a hate crime which it obviously was. Maybe those young boys will make some new friends in the near future.
Posted on: 2010/6/17 11:44
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

biggrizzly Re: WTF is wrong with kids today????
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

My Father-In-Law (RIP)had a similiar experience where he lived in Ocean City, MD. a few years back. Several punks had been using his driveway for a skateboard park for weeks and they were hanging out there all hours of the night. He had talked to them numerous times about it and called the police, but nothing seem to work. One night he went out there and one of the teens got in his face and wound up hitting him across the forehead with a skateboard, gashing open his forehead. The Police finally stepped in to watch the street and keep the punks away, but apparently nothing happened to the attacker. I wish I would have been there with a baseball bat!!
Posted on: 2010/6/17 12:17

RickAnthony Re: WTF is wrong with kids today????
ASE Master Certified
Downers Grove, IL
703 Posts

Problem is there is no consquences (sp?) for kids, can't smack them when their young.. so they grow up and smack you instead...
Posted on: 2010/6/17 12:22
RickAnthonyMotorsports.NET

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

In Florida if your in fear of your life you can shoot. Doesn't say anything about the targets being juveniles. Pop goes the weasel cause the weasel goes pop.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzXI_ApY4dY
Posted on: 2010/6/17 12:39

BillH Re: WTF is wrong with kids today????
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

WTF is wrong with kids today????

Parents

Many teachers

Liberal judges

Time outs.

Hollywood
Posted on: 2010/6/17 13:24

Vetron87 Re: WTF is wrong with kids today????
Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Quote:

BillH wrote:

Parents

Many teachers

Liberal judges

Time outs.

Hollywood

Bill: Welcome to my world. Your right I have students that have absolutely NO remorse for anything they say or do and are VIOLENT. As a wood shop teacher I get alot of incorrigible students. They are in school for free breakfast, lunch and socialize.
In the last 3 years I have taken by force a 9mm S&W pistol, numerous knives, ninja crap, razor knives and shanks from kids.
I have stopped numerous fights amoung students and parents wanting to kick some teachers ass.
In my world there are consequences, values, commitment and honor. Motivation and ethics are learned behaviors and when that influence is not present we produce assholes. I have wannabe gangbangers that in the past have assaulted teachers. They think male teachers are pussys and are easy targets for intimidation. Many times my teaching skills take a back seat to my physical size and demeanor when it comes to discipline. At 6'4" 285lbs,Vietnam Vet nononsense doctrine kicks in, assholes lose. I not trying to be a badass just a realist. I have great kids that shouldn't be expose to street crap. Wow had a senior moment! I'm staying 1 more year then retire! I should write a book.
Posted on: 2010/6/17 15:26

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

Vetron87 wrote:
Quote:

BillH wrote:

Parents

Many teachers

Liberal judges

Time outs.

Hollywood

Bill: Welcome to my world. Your right I have students that have absolutely NO remorse for anything they say or do and are VIOLENT. As a wood shop teacher I get alot of incorrigible students. They are in school for free breakfast, lunch and socialize.
In the last 3 years I have taken by force a 9mm S&W pistol, numerous knives, ninja crap, razor knives and shanks from kids.
I have stopped numerous fights amoung students and parents wanting to kick some teachers ass.
In my world there are consequences, values, commitment and honor. Motivation and ethics are learned behaviors and when that influence is not present we produce assholes. I have wannabe gangbangers that in the past have assaulted teachers. They think male teachers are pussys and are easy targets for intimidation. Many times my teaching skills take a back seat to my physical size and demeanor when it comes to discipline. At 6'4" 285lbs,Vietnam Vet nononsense doctrine kicks in, assholes lose. I not trying to be a badass just a realist. I have great kids that shouldn't be expose to street crap. Wow had a senior moment! I'm staying 1 more year then retire! I should write a book.

This crap didn't happen when we were in school. Teachers wouldn't put up with it. The few badasses were either set on the right path or dealt with.
Timeouts didn't exist.
Posted on: 2010/6/17 15:38

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

This is the best timeout I know. Or would that be a knockout?
Posted on: 2010/6/17 16:38

Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Quote:

BillH wrote:
Quote:

Vetron87 wrote:
Quote:

BillH wrote:

Parents

Many teachers

Liberal judges

Time outs.

Hollywood

This crap didn't happen when we were in school. Teachers wouldn't put up with it. The few badasses were either set on the right path or dealt with.
Timeouts didn't exist.

These students are dealt with! usually due process, kids know how to "Play the system",, they get bounced from one high school to another within the school system. Great logic. In my day you got your ass kicked at school then round 2 when you got home!! No child left behind took its toll on explusions and getting rid of the element.
Posted on: 2010/6/17 17:31

Fluff Re: WTF is wrong with kids today????
Senior Guru
Winchester UK & Alicante ES
247 Posts

Where US schools and students really okay, ‘back when’? …

that surprises me a little, not because it’s the US, but more because I remember UK schools having bad problems when I was a kid… teachers being assaulted and going home in tears, some teachers left the profession. Nowadays of course access to weapons is easier, which makes it all worst.

Just curious!
Posted on: 2010/6/17 17:52

Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Quote:

Fluff wrote:

that surprises me a little, not because it’s the US, but more because I remember UK schools having bad problems when I was a kid… teachers being assaulted and going home in tears, some teachers left the profession. Nowadays of course access to weapons is easier, which makes it all worst.

Just curious!

I'm a baby boomer, World WarII generation parents. All the dads I knew as a kid in the 50's-60's were WWII vets. No Nonosense generation. Values and work ethic was instilled in us. Hollywood made public schools seem like they were controlled by hoods.
Since I teach in the same school I graduated from in 1967 I can see the decline first hand. Yea we had Hoods and minor gangs but they were not the norm. These same kids would never think of taking on a teacher let alone a principal. Most became police and fire fighters later on in life. A little rebellion before they grew up. Kinda like "Grease" the movie.
Posted on: 2010/6/17 19:43

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

Fluff wrote:

Yep, my H.S. had 1500+ in 3 grades. It was very rare to even hear of a fight and those were off campus.

Just talking back to a teacher would get you a trip to the Principal's office and then your parents would kick your butt.

No fights, no thefts, almost no bullying, zero gangs.

Along with what Ron just posted.

The worst thing that would happen is guys spinning their tires leaving the parking lot.
Posted on: 2010/6/17 20:02

Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Quote:

BillH wrote:
Quote:

Fluff wrote:

Yep, my H.S. had 1500+ in 3 grades. It was very rare to even hear of a fight and those were off campus.

Just talking back to a teacher would get you a trip to the Principal's office and then your parents would kick your butt.

The worst thing that would happen is guys spinning their tires leaving the parking lot.

Amen
Posted on: 2010/6/17 20:08

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

BillH wrote:
Quote:

Fluff wrote:

That must have been pretty hard with those big front wheels.

Attach file:

jpg  BillHs Bike.jpg (46.60 KB)
852_4c1a94e2ad01a.jpg 430X426 px
Posted on: 2010/6/17 21:34

uxb101 Re: WTF is wrong with kids today????
Guru
CANADA
75 Posts

Bring back the military draft...
Posted on: 2010/6/17 22:06

Senior Guru
247 Posts

That really surprises me guy's.

Much different in London schools... I wish it hadn't have been!

Different culture I guess, no one could afford a car and a majority of normal schooling end at 15-16 years of age... too young to hold a license anyway.
Posted on: 2010/6/17 22:37

vetteblondie Re: WTF is wrong with kids today???? (NWS - language)
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4648 Posts

Mess like that really pisses me TF off..... I HATE to see abuse things involving elderly people. Heck, any people but especially the elderly.
I;m a firm believer in karma, ass-busting and the old 'eye for an eye' theory. And, I also carry a pistol. (and a shotgun, rifle and crossbow....... got it?)
I think they should get the kids, tie them to something, give the old man a baseball bat and let him do whatever he can think of to them with it. WHATEVER he can think of....
Posted on: 2010/6/17 23:27

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

Ha, well, I had a 60 Chevy, 348, 3 duces, 4 speed, bought it when I was 15.

And I did have a bike but it was a Honda 305 Scrambler.
Posted on: 2010/6/17 23:30

Matatk Re: WTF is wrong with kids today????
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Quote:

BillH wrote:
Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

Is that 60 bc, or 60 ad?
Posted on: 2010/6/17 23:32

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

Fluff wrote:

Different culture I guess, no one could afford a car and a majority of normal schooling end at 15-16 years of age... too young to hold a license anyway.

17-18 here.

As far as affording a car, I started working on a farm at age 11 (knew even then I wanted a Corvette). Started working in a gas station at 13.
Paid cash for my 60 Chevy - $800 out of my own pocket.
Financed my motorcycle but put 1/2 down.
Posted on: 2010/6/17 23:34

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:
Quote:

BillH wrote:
Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

Is that 60 bc, or 60 ad?

60 HP....................per cylinder
Posted on: 2010/6/17 23:34

Matatk Re: WTF is wrong with kids today????
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Quote:

BillH wrote:

Paid cash for my 60 Chevy

Just remember...in Bill's day, a nickle went a lot farther!
Posted on: 2010/6/17 23:38

bobges Re: WTF is wrong with kids today???? (NWS - language)
Senior Guru
Bushkill PA
254 Posts

He should of floored it when they were blocking his drive way
Posted on: 2010/6/17 23:39

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:
Quote:

BillH wrote:

Paid cash for my 60 Chevy

Just remember...in Bill's day, a nickle went a lot farther!

Why I drive a C4 and not a 2010 ZR1.
Posted on: 2010/6/17 23:42

BillH Re: WTF is wrong with kids today???? (NWS - language)
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

bobges wrote:

Yep.
Posted on: 2010/6/17 23:42

vetteblondie Re: WTF is wrong with kids today???? (NWS - language)
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4648 Posts

Quote:

BillH wrote:
Quote:

bobges wrote:

Yep.

Posted on: 2010/6/18 3:05

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

flyboy Re: WTF is wrong with kids today???? (NWS - language)
Elite Guru
Westmont, Il.
2632 Posts

I don't think "kids" is the right term for that sub-human garbage.
Posted on: 2010/6/18 3:18

Senior Guru
247 Posts

Quote:

BillH wrote:
Quote:

Fluff wrote:

17-18 here.

As far as affording a car, I started working on a farm at age 11 (knew even then I wanted a Corvette). Started working in a gas station at 13.

Bill, 800USD was a King's ransom, my old mum sold her 3 bedroomed house in London for 760GBP, it's still standing today and I'd take a guess at it being worth around the millGBP!.

The only jobs available to kids might have been a paper round or helping with milk deliveries if you were very lucky (paid pennies and no chance of saving).

Paid 50(fifty)UKP for my first 'proper' car was an Austin A40 Cambridge and my first bike was a Triumph 3TA (can't remember how much that cost).
Posted on: 2010/6/18 6:15

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

Fluff wrote:

Bill, 800USD was a King's ransom, my old mum sold her 3 bedroomed house in London for 760GBP, it's still standing today and I'd take a guess at it being worth around the millGBP!.

The only jobs available to kids might have been a paper round or helping with milk deliveries if you were very lucky (paid pennies and no chance of saving).

Paid 50(fifty)UKP for my first 'proper' car was an Austin A40 Cambridge and my first bike was a Triumph 3TA (can't remember how much that cost).[/quote]

Well, the $800 took me 4 years to save, working full summers. I only got the job at the gas station because i hung out there and pestered the owner for a full year until he hired me. None of the other kids I knew worked except for paper routes.
Posted on: 2010/6/18 13:11

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.