Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
180 user(s) are online (108 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

Matatk Tuesday Chat 07.20.10
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22806 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Woke up this morning and got to take a cold shower...literally. The water heater went out last night. Damn it that was cold! It was flakey the other day and I reset it hoping that would work. I think it's just a simple fix...looks like the air intake screen might be blocked. It was never cleaned after we remodeled the basement and I think it's clogged with drywall dust, etc. The sticker on the tank says clean every 6 months So that's my project tonight when I get home.

Tim (chisgt) stopped by yesterday and we tinkered with his vette for a bit. He's got an 88 vert with a 383 and a first intake. We diagnosed a few problems and made a few adjustments. Still a little bit more to do, but we made good progress. That car will be a beast when it's dialed in!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2010/7/20 11:41

TommyT-Bone Re: Tuesday Chat 07.20.10
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33767 Posts

Water heater maintenance is right up there with cleaning the A/C filter. Forgotten projects. Have a great day gang. I'm off to bring Mom back home. Might be back tomorrow afternoon. ....... Might not.
Posted on: 2010/7/20 12:03
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

RickAnthony Re: Tuesday Chat 07.20.10
ASE Master Certified
Downers Grove, IL
703 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:
Good Morning CGs!

Woke up this morning and got to take a cold shower...literally. The water heater went out last night. Damn it that was cold! It was flakey the other day and I reset it hoping that would work. I think it's just a simple fix...looks like the air intake screen might be blocked. It was never cleaned after we remodeled the basement and I think it's clogged with drywall dust, etc. The sticker on the tank says clean every 6 months So that's my project tonight when I get home.

Tim (chisgt) stopped by yesterday and we tinkered with his vette for a bit. He's got an 88 vert with a 383 and a first intake. We diagnosed a few problems and made a few adjustments. Still a little bit more to do, but we made good progress. That car will be a beast when it's dialed in!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew

I was going to say didn't you just replace the water heater? hopefully it's just a simple fix..

going to be a long day here, going to work in a little bit, then I have a class on Chrysler diagnostics, and probably won't be home till 10 or 11 tonight.

Going to send my drive shaft out from the F250 to have the center bearing replaced along with all the u-joints. Probably won't get to work on that till after work on wendsday.. So driving the vette to work today...
Posted on: 2010/7/20 12:13
RickAnthonyMotorsports.NET

biggrizzly Re: Tuesday Chat 07.20.10
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

Good Morning! Last night we got a gully washer! The basement entrance clogged up with debris and water came in under the basement door. My wife and I were down there with the WetVac trying to get it as it came in. I got the crap unclogged in time to avoid too much water! Thank God.

I woke up this morning and got ready to go back to work for the first time, but by the time I got dressed and ready I was exhausted and my knee was humming! So I have sat down for a minute or two here and will wait to see if I make it to work or not.

Its supposed to be hot here (and everywhere) again today. I could use some cool summer breezes with low humidity!
Posted on: 2010/7/20 12:18

BillH Re: Tuesday Chat 07.20.10
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Morning Guys,
At least you caught it Don, no fun humping a wetvac around with a recovering knee.

I finished up a distributor rebuild yesterday (see C2 Tech), guess I'll close my eyes and grab something else out of a big box to play with. What ever I come up with, it will be dirty or rusty. It's way more fun putting the clean stuff back together.
Posted on: 2010/7/20 12:50

pianoguy Re: Tuesday Chat 07.20.10
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Howdy! Gonna start the last leg home in a bit, only 4-5 hours left. We went through the Badlands yesterday, it was absolutely amazing! We had been warned about a 10-mile stretch of gravel road, but the paving work had all been done. Not much sightseeing the rest of the way, just gonna swing by the Corn Palace to say we've been there.

Have a good day, all!
Posted on: 2010/7/20 13:01

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

teebee Re: Tuesday Chat 07.20.10
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12373 Posts

Sounds like lots of stuff going on. I installed the bookcase that I built this morning, just have to go back and trim out a bit. It's hot here again...100's predicted all week.
Posted on: 2010/7/20 18:05

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

BrianCunningham Re: Tuesday Chat 07.20.10
Senior Guru
Boston, MA for the most part :)
7763 Posts

went through the wet basement thing this spring, you have my sympathy

Got a new printer/fax/copier today.

The old one was a top feeder, it tried sucking in too much paper one day, and stopped working all together.

Installing on Linux was rather interesting, worked a lot better after I downloaded the installer straight from HP.
Posted on: 2010/7/21 1:41

Vetron87 Re: Tuesday Chat 07.20.10
Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Good evening guys.
Don I hope your knee is healing well.
Cloudy and humid today. Great day to finish up some welding projects.
Meeting with my prospective student teacher Wed. morning. Technology Major and has never used a table saw in his life. Should be interesting. I wonder if I should ask his blood type! I asked him during our last phone conversation what he knew about cabinets. His response was you can buy them at Lowes. Cool!!
Posted on: 2010/7/21 2:34

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.