Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
333 user(s) are online (194 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Saw Blades
The wheel style used for most of the C4s existence.

The early saw blades face forward. This means they catch air from the outside and drag it insi...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
Browsing this Thread:   2 Anonymous Users
 Register To Post

Matatk Saturday Chat 08.21.10
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Welcome to the weekend (for most). I've have to work today, but then I'm off and man I need it. I've also decided to take a day off from my pretty intense workout schedule. I was supposed to do 3-4 miles today and 6-7 tomorrow, but I'm cutting today's run out. Just too much and my body needs a break. I should be well rested for tomorrow morning.

It's raining so I'll take the truck today. Last night we dropped my wife's car off at a friend's house to fix the rear quarter and bumper that she dented in last winter. I guess it's about time

BTW, Erin said Ron was at a SEAL convention this weekend. I found a picture of him online, and I don't think his wife fully explained to him what that meant...(btw, is that gray outfit the wetsuit you were talking about?)

Resized Image

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2010/8/21 11:48

teebee Re: Saturday Chat 08.21.10
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12364 Posts

Good morning Matt, and other Gurus.......I'm of in a few minutes to play golf. It's a fun time, but I'll be tired when I get home.

Have a great Saturday.
Posted on: 2010/8/21 12:13

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

zoe6 Re: Saturday Chat 08.21.10
Senior Guru
Northern Indiana
167 Posts

Good Morning I hope everyone is enjoying this beautiful day. Rainy finally a break in the heat. Taking a break its 9 am and started work at 5 am. We have this incredilbe machine that does some testing its a Gen Probe, takes away variables that can tant a sample. Its made in San Diego, I train newbes on this bad boy. It never complains, doesn't need a day off and cuts our critical output data in half.
Matt I like your picture of the SEAls, I don't think they are in the same league. They meet in Indy just to hang out and catchup. Dad never talks about "things" SEALs did. He's really a great guy! slow to get angry, patient, and not too be screwed with once po'ed. It will be interesting to see how he handles retirement next year! I think politics and people in conrol that have never taught pushes his buttons, not a good combination. He will probably teach welding classes at night once retired. Anyway long day a head of me, 10 to 12 hour day kick my butt now and then.
I hope the Guru's don't get upset with me about posting on Vette related threads! I can see why dad likes this forum it becomes addictive. I have dads laptop. I'm surrounded by Dell desktop and laptops. Its easy to find dads old Gateway. Talk to you guys later. Erin
Posted on: 2010/8/21 13:17

TommyT-Bone Re: Saturday Chat 08.21.10
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Found a good cheap car for my wifes employee. A 96 Saturn S sedan for $1400. Used car prices right now are crazy. People have a POS and are looking for 1500 to 2 grand. The car we found has 67000 miles and needs a couple of minor things. They were asking 1650 and the lowest they would go is 1400. KBB private party put it at $1975 in fair condition though nobody around here seems to reference the guides. I was literally shocked at how much they are asking on the lots. I remember the olden days when a POS was $50 to a $100, a nice car was about $500 and a slammin muscle machine between &750 and $1200. Of course that was a long, long time ago. Had to peruse the Corvette list. Found a nice 96 LT4 6 sd CE for 10,500 and some sweet C5s and 6' for more money than I care to spend. Still there were listers who think their Vette is worth a fortune. Some very reasonable wealthier folk had them listed at attractive prices. Well maintained low mile Vettes..... Oh why do I look? I must like inflicting torture on myself. I guess it's like looking at the girls on HCF. Have a nice day everybody. Find something fun to do this weekend.
Posted on: 2010/8/21 13:23

BillH Re: Saturday Chat 08.21.10
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

zoe6 wrote:
I hope the Guru's don't get upset with me about posting on Vette related threads! Erin

Post away, we rarely get upset here.
Posted on: 2010/8/21 13:35

BillH Re: Saturday Chat 08.21.10
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
I remember the olden days when a POS was $50 to a $100, a nice car was about $500 and a slammin muscle machine between &750 and $1200.

I paid $1,300 for my 63 C2.
$2,300 for my 65.
$2,700 for my 66.
$4,000 for my 76 C3
$3,000 for my 67 C2 (But it's gonna cost $20k+ to put it back together )

In 1984, I had a chance to buy a 67 Coupe, 427/400hp, A/C, sidepipes, headrests, shoulderbelts in mint condition for $10k
Posted on: 2010/8/21 13:41

pianoguy Re: Saturday Chat 08.21.10
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Greetings! Yep, it's hard to find a good car for $100 anymore :-P

We went to see Larry Carlton last night - good show, and the venue was a nice little intimate theater that seats about 1,000.

If I get the ambition, maybe I'll go get new tires for the Jeep today. The lawn is also beckoning for some attention.

Have a good one!
Posted on: 2010/8/21 14:01

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

pianoguy wrote:
If I get the ambition, maybe I'll go get new tires for the Jeep today. The lawn is also beckoning for some attention.

Have a good one!

Ambition? Drive your jeep (sit on your ass). Talk to salesman then (sit on your ass). Drive home (sitting on your ass). Hi honey .... I'm back. I'm tired as hell. I think I'm gonna go sit on my ass ........ Unless of course you have a riding lawn mower ....... you can do that while ....... you guessed it ........
Posted on: 2010/8/21 14:19

pianoguy Re: Saturday Chat 08.21.10
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Quote:

pianoguy wrote:

Have a good one!

Ambition? Drive your jeep (sit on your ass). Talk to salesman then (sit on your ass). Drive home (sitting on your ass). Hi honey .... I'm back. I'm tired as hell. I think I'm gonna go sit on my ass ........ Unless of course you have a riding lawn mower ....... you can do that while ....... you guessed it ........

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, you're gonna ruin my gig!
Posted on: 2010/8/21 14:29

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

PeteK Re: Saturday Chat 08.21.10
Nanticoke, Pa
1311 Posts

Good morning peeps.
The family and I are relaxing in Manchesta, New Hampsha.
Gonno take the caaa to the paaak and have some chowda.
Nah, just going to rest up for a wedding later this afternoon. Co-worker is getting married.....again.
Posted on: 2010/8/21 14:43

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Have a great time Pete. Pahty hahd.
Posted on: 2010/8/21 14:50

PeteK Re: Saturday Chat 08.21.10
Nanticoke, Pa
1311 Posts

Thanks Tommy! I have to say I hated living here, but love to visit during the summer months. Absolutely beautiful. My daughter is loving it too. She is hanging out with friends she has not seen since we moved out, 14 months ago. I am dreading the 6 hour ride home. I have a feeling she will shed a lot of tears.
Posted on: 2010/8/21 14:56

zoe6 Re: Saturday Chat 08.21.10
Senior Guru
Northern Indiana
167 Posts

Almost 4:30pm.Work day is DONE. Work is caught up! Do it again all over tomorrow.
Posted on: 2010/8/21 20:26

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.