Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
322 user(s) are online (245 user(s) are browsing Forums)

TommyT-Bone, more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  MAF
Mass Air Flow sensor. Used to measure the amount of air entering the intake. This sensor works by heating an element and then measuring the rate of c...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Sunday Chat 09.12.10
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Well it's a little chilly this morning. To help matters I got up and took a cold shower. WTF??? Yup, went down and checked the hot water heater and it was out. I'm pissed. I just replaced that G-damn gas control valve two months ago. No reason for it to go out. So I reset it and and it's still heating. Hopefully no more problems.

My neighbor came over yesterday and we (he) built the shelves in the garage. Funny thing is he's such a perfectionist when it comes to stuff like this. I don't care because they are, well, garage shelves. He wants me to trim them out and put filler strips in the joints, stain the work top, paint everything....lol. I don't care and he just couldn't understand that. Oh well, there is a ton of storage. More than I even thought there would be. I'll add a garage thread later so you can see.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2010/9/12 11:44

biggrizzly Re: Sunday Chat 09.12.10
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

Good Mornin'

Matt - I could use a neighbor like yours. Send him over here to help me organize my garage!

Well, I'm up this morning and getting ready for the second leg of our travels to Orlando. We are outside of Savannah, GAthis morning at a hotel. Getting ready to leave here around 9 or 10 for Mickey Town. Although we won't be doing Disney this time around. We plan to check out Universal and its new Wizards World of Harry Potter and then just chill out a day or two at one of the east coast beaches. Not sure which one yet. I lived in Orlando for a year during in 1986, it will be interesting to see the changes.

I'm also missing the biggest drag race of the year that our club puts on today. Months ago when I planned this vacation I totally spaced on the date. Oh well, I'll see the photos, and my car can't do the strip anyhow.

Hope you all have a good day!! Signing off from Savannah, GA
Posted on: 2010/9/12 12:10
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

pianoguy Re: Sunday Chat 09.12.10
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Greetings! Another car day here - gonna finish detailing up the new car. Should be much easier than the Jeep, which wore me out yesterday, but it looks nice and the Mrs. is happy.

Matt, if you don't already have a shelf running above your garage door, that is a good place to gain some storage room. Safe travels, Don!

Have a great day!

Meanwhile...

A motorcycle patrolman was rushed to the hospital with a ruptured appendix.

The doctors operated and, after recovery, assured him that all went well.

However, the patrolman kept feeling something pulling at the hairs in his crotch.

Worried that it might require a second surgery and the doctors hadn't told him about it, he finally got enough energy to pull his hospital gown up enough so he could look at what was making him so uncomfortable.

Taped firmly across his pubic hair and private parts were three wide strips of adhesive tape, the kind that doesn't come off easily.....if at all.

Written on the tape in large black letters was the sentence: "Get well soon.....from the nurse in the Corvette you pulled over last week."
Posted on: 2010/9/12 12:27

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

BrianCunningham Re: Sunday Chat 09.12.10
Senior Guru
Boston, MA for the most part :)
7763 Posts

I'm @ the gate @ the autocross

Club meeting tonight
Posted on: 2010/9/12 12:43

BillH Re: Sunday Chat 09.12.10
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:
My neighbor came over yesterday and we (he) built the shelves in the garage. Funny thing is he's such a perfectionist when it comes to stuff like this. I don't care because they are, well, garage shelves.
Matthew

I'm cleaning my garage today.

The shelves I'm putting up are blue, white, yellow and plywood colored. Whatever was laying around the shop.

I'd like to have wall to wall cabinets with doors to hide everything but, not today.

Finally got one project totally finished, I put new tires on the snowblower yesterday, really glad I spent $34 on a HF tire machine.
Posted on: 2010/9/12 13:17

teebee Re: Sunday Chat 09.12.10
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12371 Posts

Morning gurus......I've got to change the oil in the wife's car today. Other than that, not much going on. We've had a few drop dead gorgeous days here, supposed to be in the low 90's today and tomorrow. nearly 40* swing as it is 51* right now.

Matt, if you are going to do it, it may as well be done nice. It might help sell the place down the road. Don, have a safe trip...we've never been to Orlando. Brad, I guess I missed the new car, I'm assuming a G8, what color did you end up with? Brian, run hard!

Talk to you guys later.
Posted on: 2010/9/12 13:17

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Tom, I saw that your Royals put a nice whoopin' on the ChiSox yesterday ;-)

I wound up getting another Maxima, since my old one has been good to me. I gave the '04 to my son:

http://bradprestonmusic.com/Photos/2010Maxima/index.html
Posted on: 2010/9/12 13:22

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12371 Posts

Oh, the way you were talking, I assumed that you were going to buy a G8. Maximas are really nice too.

Yea, they didn't choke yesterday like they did Friday night. You know, if you really follow a team, you figure out their personality. Looking at the records you'd think that they must really be a bad team. And in reality they are pretty darn good, they just don't get the breaks or they make a mistake at the most inopportune time.
Posted on: 2010/9/12 13:36

Resized Image

PeteK Re: Sunday Chat 09.12.10
Nanticoke, Pa
1311 Posts

Spending today getting ready for my travels. Tomorrow (monday) heading to New Hampshire, down to Lawrence, Mass, then to Boston. Grabbing a 10 pm flight monday night to Frankfurt, Germany. Tuesday night, flying to Shanghai, then Beijing.
Wife has her birthday on the 16th, and we celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary on the 22nd.
I return home on the 23rd
Prolly on the shit list.
Posted on: 2010/9/12 13:36

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:
Oh, the way you were talking, I assumed that you were going to buy a G8. Maximas are really nice too.

Yea, they didn't choke yesterday like they did Friday night. You know, if you really follow a team, you figure out their personality. Looking at the records you'd think that they must really be a bad team. And in reality they are pretty darn good, they just don't get the breaks or they make a mistake at the most inopportune time.

I talked myself out of a G8 - couldn't find one I wanted anywhere nearby, and read enough negatives to take it off my list.

Yeah, every year it looks like the Royals are on the verge of turning it around, and just can't seem to pull it all together. You guys are definitely due.

Quote:

PeteK wrote:
Spending today getting ready for my travels. Tomorrow (monday) heading to New Hampshire, down to Lawrence, Mass, then to Boston. Grabbing a 10 pm flight monday night to Frankfurt, Germany. Tuesday night, flying to Shanghai, then Beijing.
Wife has her birthday on the 16th, and we celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary on the 22nd.
Prolly on the shit list.

Good lawd!! And then as a reward for traveling so much, the airlines give you miles so you can travel more. It would be nice if they'd pay you to stay home instead.
Posted on: 2010/9/12 13:42

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:

Matt, if you are going to do it, it may as well be done nice. It might help sell the place down the road.

Uh Oh, I don't think even grading on a curve will help me pass.

Attach file:

jpg  2006-02-16 19-53-16_0001.JPG (0.00 KB)

jpg  2006-02-16 19-55-02_0002.JPG (0.00 KB)

Posted on: 2010/9/12 13:43

TommyT-Bone Re: Sunday Chat 09.12.10
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33765 Posts

I was invaded by a fake virus security trojan horse that was f'n up my start up. It auto loaded and kept running pop ups and fake security threats. Norton 360 got rid of it but now my IE is missing winsock files. I'll restore it later today. Glad I have a Firefox browser back-up or I wouldn't be here.
Lots of rain and heat yesterday. today looks like it might be sunny and hot. No plan yet. See what my wife comes up with. Two more weeks till our fall autocross season kicks off. Three weeks till we cruise Grand Cayman, Cozumal, Belize City and Roatan Island Honduras on board the Carnival Legend. Nice big ship. I'm gonna like that. I love cruises. Relaxing, eating, gambling, touring and going to shows. Hope everybody has a great Sunday.
Posted on: 2010/9/12 13:46

PeteK Re: Sunday Chat 09.12.10
Nanticoke, Pa
1311 Posts

Quote:

pianoguy wrote:
Quote:

teebee wrote:

I talked myself out of a G8 - couldn't find one I wanted anywhere nearby, and read enough negatives to take it off my list.

Yeah, every year it looks like the Royals are on the verge of turning it around, and just can't seem to pull it all together. You guys are definitely due.

Quote:

PeteK wrote:
Prolly on the shit list.

Good lawd!! And then as a reward for traveling so much, the airlines give you miles so you can travel more. It would be nice if they'd pay you to stay home instead.

Reminds me of a recent (bad) experience with a rental car company. My experience was so bad, I wrote a letter expressing my dis-satisfaction. My reward: a free rental. Great. Another free, shitty experience.
Posted on: 2010/9/12 13:46

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Still cleaning the garage, way too much stuff to rearrange.
Finding a place for the big stuff is the problem.
But I did find this black thingy.

Attach file:

jpg  2006-02-16 22-34-24_0001.JPG (0.00 KB)

jpg  2006-02-16 22-35-02_0003.JPG (0.00 KB)

Posted on: 2010/9/12 17:01

bogus Re: Sunday Chat 09.12.10
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Quote:

PeteK wrote:
Prolly on the shit list.

wow... that's a trip... oh, Frankfurt... be ready to walk forever. But everyone speaks English. And if you are thirsty, get a drink when you see a consession... as you get out farther in the terminal, you will find less and less places to get a drink.
Posted on: 2010/9/12 17:20

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

bogus Re: Sunday Chat 09.12.10
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

I am getting ready to head to the museum... there is an MG show there today. Next Saturday is the AMC club show... and next Sunday is the annual Palos Verdes Concours.

Lotsa stuff happening!
Posted on: 2010/9/12 17:21

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

Matatk Re: Sunday Chat 09.12.10
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Quote:

BillH wrote:

Scrap metal? I know a Mexican guy who'll come remove that for free.

Matthew
Posted on: 2010/9/12 17:58

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:
Quote:

BillH wrote:

Scrap metal? I know a Mexican guy who'll come remove that for free.

Matthew

And these guys are bringing you your new garage shelves.

Attach file:

jpg  55.jpg (0.00 KB)

Posted on: 2010/9/12 18:53

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12371 Posts

I don't know Bill, on a curve, that would probably pass. If it works for you, it's good enough. Yea, there are a couple of scrapers around here who'd probably pick that "junk" up. Actually it looks like it's ready to go back together.
Posted on: 2010/9/12 19:02

Resized Image

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:
Actually it looks like it's ready to go back together.

Not even close. Many, many parts still need restored, the complete underbody needs to be cleaned,fixed, whatever.
Muncie M20 rebuild, engine, trailing arms,etc. $$$$$$

I never told myself that this was going to happen quickly.

Plus the next $$$ go to a 60 gal. min. compressor and a glass bead cabinet.
Posted on: 2010/9/12 19:36

Vetron87 Re: Sunday Chat 09.12.10
Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Good evening guys! Did my last recovery dive today (I hope). Anyother crazy boat party, Michigan Fans doing a tailgate party on their boat and pier. Items lost: 1 Ducane gas grill(don't ask how), 1 money clip with credit cards,
2 Michigan U beer Steins, 1 ankle braclet (mans I don't know on that one) and a set of keys.
This one was tough, the harbor was busy getting their last cruises in before Lake Michigan gets violent! Visiability was about 3-4 feet. Guy that owned the ankle bracelet was on board and he was strange. He said he lost it when he took off his spectators. ???? WTF is a spectator!!! My wife told me later that he was a crossdresser and that spectators were womens shoes. Did I miss that week in college. Holyshit Maybe its globel warming! My wife told me that women can sense this, its like radar.
Posted on: 2010/9/12 21:44

JrRifleCoach Re: Sunday Chat 09.12.10
Elite Guru
1524 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
I was invaded by a fake virus security trojan horse that was f'n up my start up. It auto loaded and kept running pop ups and fake security threats. Norton 360 got rid of it but now my IE is missing winsock files. I'll restore it later today. Glad I have a Firefox browser back-up or I wouldn't be here.

It ain't over yet.
Posted on: 2010/9/13 0:24

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33765 Posts

I'm back to where I was before the Tojans struck. Now I have 4 quarantined viruses and got rid of a proxy setting on the IE browser/Internet Connections. Got rid of a bogus start up file. What else do I have to look forward to Coach?
Multiple scans and restarts. We shall see. I'll let you know. Two of them were Trojan Fake.AV. Picked them up when I went to see what time a movie started at the local cinema online. My kid has a degree in computer science. I hope he knew what he was doing when he cleaned it up. LOL
Posted on: 2010/9/13 4:05

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33765 Posts

If you can see this your computer is probably infected.

Attach file:

jpg  computer-head.jpg (87.27 KB)
852_4c8da397ccf60.jpg 297X330 px
Posted on: 2010/9/13 4:07

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12371 Posts

Tommy, did your son turn off "System Restore", reboot, then turn "System Restore" back on? If not you have a chance of it coming back.
Posted on: 2010/9/13 15:08

Resized Image

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33765 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:
Tommy, did your son turn off "System Restore", reboot, then turn "System Restore" back on? If not you have a chance of it coming back.

Thanks for the tip Tom. I'll look into it. Sounds like it should be done ASAP.
Posted on: 2010/9/13 15:16

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12371 Posts

Those little jewels can hide in system restore and come back just as bad.
Posted on: 2010/9/13 20:38

Resized Image

Elite Guru
1524 Posts

And if your lucky enough to have dodged this bullet,
load up SuperAntiSpyware, update and run a full system sweep.

GL
Posted on: 2010/9/14 3:05
As democracy is perfected, the POTUS represents more closely the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day, the folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be occupied by a fool and narcissistic moron.

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33765 Posts

Quote:

JrRifleCoach wrote:

GL

I see this is freeware and not designed to take the place of an antivirus program. I have Norton 360. Should I run SuperAntiSpyware in addition to my Norton?
Posted on: 2010/9/14 3:26

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33765 Posts

Actually my son would prefer I dump everything and start from scratch. I have 6 years of crap I've saved here and not really in the mood to sort, delete, save, store, transfer etc. Of course the day will soon come because as I said, this baby is ancient in computer years. It's 6 .... OMG ....
Posted on: 2010/9/14 3:32

Elite Guru
1524 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
I see this is freeware and not designed to take the place of an antivirus program. I have Norton 360. Should I run SuperAntiSpyware in addition to my Norton?

The problem is not all Malware is viruses.

Norton is not the cure-all, nor are any of the other anti-virus/malware programs.
There a host of others.
But this one (SAS) seems to be fairly good lately.

Using Norton as a continuous scanner is fine.
Yet it will not find everything.
SAS will run behind Norton without issues.

I use it as a manual check once a week.
It remains dormant the remainder of the week.
Posted on: 2010/9/14 6:23

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33765 Posts

Thanks Coach.
Posted on: 2010/9/14 11:15

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33765 Posts

Quote:

JrRifleCoach wrote:

GL

Done.
Posted on: 2010/9/15 1:04

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.