Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
162 user(s) are online (133 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  C6
Abbreviation for the 6th generation of Corvettes built starting in 2005 and are still in production....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

TommyT-Bone Monday Chat 02.28.11
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Last day of February
March. A busy month is planned. Last chance to get stuff done before the heat starts to build and outside becomes a free sauna in Florida. Have a couple of nursery chores lined up for today. Hopefully I can get some home time this week. I have plenty to do ...... as always .....
Posted on: 2011/2/28 12:58
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Matatk Re: Monday Chat 02.28.11
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22804 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

I had a disturbing dream last night...I was sitting in the vette in a dealership parking lot...a 100 yo man who couldn't see rammed into the front of the vette and pushed me back into another minivan, crushing the front and rear bumpers. The car the old man was driving was a dealership rental, and their insurance didn't want to pay to fix it. It was a very vivid and realistic dream...I thought it was real. Ugh. Luckily it's not. My car won't start without an intake

Had a thunderstorm last night with pretty good lightening and loud thunder. Enough to make rugrat #1 run down the hallway screaming and jump into bed with us at bedtime. So she slept in our bed. Luckily I set up the crib for rugrat #2 yesterday, so he slept in there all night long. Worked out. He's up already and wants to eat soon, rugrat #1 is still asleep for another 20 minutes or so.

Daddy daycare in full swing!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2011/2/28 13:20

Ultraman Re: Monday Chat 02.28.11
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14742 Posts

Good morning! Had a huge work out Saturday and off yesterday but had nothing this morning. Made it about half way through and said the hell with this. Fighting a little head cold and I probably need to let my old body catch up and heal up a little. I have been at it hard for a month.

Leaving mid week for the Valley of the Sun so have got to get everything ready to go. Long list of stuff. Cold and clear here today. Run what ya brung today Guru's, have a good one!

I watched the Winternationals yesterday and am still amazed to see those cars doing a quarter mile in 3.5 seconds at 320 something. That's nuts! What kindof G load is that?
Posted on: 2011/2/28 13:36

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

TommyT-Bone Re: Monday Chat 02.28.11
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
I watched the Winternationals yesterday and am still amazed to see those cars doing a quarter mile in 3.5 seconds at 320 something. That's nuts! What kind of load is that?

Fixed it for ya.

What kind of load is that said the man wiping down the seat?
Posted on: 2011/2/28 13:52

Vetron87 Re: Monday Chat 02.28.11
Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Good Morning Gurus. Interesting weekend. My aunt on my moms side died Thursday at the age of 92. Its funny its only weddings and funerals that bring a family together. Cousins from Newton, Kansas, Orlando, Florida, San Jose Cal. and parts of Michigan converged at her funeral. Cousins I haven't seen in twenty plus years.
Longevity seems to run on my moms swedish side. Moms brother died at 101.
Anyway, I thought it was cool that I had two of my cousins children name after me. "Asshole" just kidding. Both Rons became teachers.
Weather here is cool with rain, snow is almost gone.
Well guys second hour class is coming in, time to get to work.
Posted on: 2011/2/28 13:59

BillH Re: Monday Chat 02.28.11
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
I watched the Winternationals yesterday and am still amazed to see those cars doing a quarter mile in 3.5 seconds at 320 something. That's nuts! What kindof G load is that?

Me too.

But it's a 1000 feet now.

That's 0 to 160 feet in 1 second.
Posted on: 2011/2/28 14:08

Huskerland
14742 Posts

Quote:

BillH wrote:
Quote:

Ultraman wrote:

Me too.

That's funny, I thought the 1/4 was looking kindof short but just thought they were going that fast. Lord, how fast would they be going if they went the full 1/4 mile? I can see why they had to shorten up the track. Thanks for the heads up!
Posted on: 2011/2/28 14:18

BillH Re: Monday Chat 02.28.11
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
Quote:

BillH wrote:
Quote:

Ultraman wrote:

Me too.

That's funny, I thought the 1/4 was looking kindof short but just thought they were going that fast. Lord, how fast would they be going if they went the full 1/4 mile? I can see why they had to shorten up the track. Thanks for the heads up!

I didn't like it when they shortened the track, I grew up at the strips, was on a crew before I had my driver's license.
But, they'd probably be hitting 370 by now. The first fuel rails had 1,300HP and pumped fuel at 15 gal/min now, they have 8,000HP and pump 105 gpm.

Pro Stock and the bikes use the 1/4 mile traps.
Posted on: 2011/2/28 14:24

teebee Re: Monday Chat 02.28.11
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12367 Posts

Good morning guys...It kind of teed me off too when they shortened the race of the fuel classes, but I understand the "Why". As much as I have always enjoyed drag racing, the last several years have made it....I'm not sure how to say it, too commercialized? Just like Nascar, it's gotten away from the 'roots'. The cars are not anywhere near stock. They all look the same, they all have the same engines, there's no brand loyalty. I just can't get into Nascar and Professional Drag racing is getting to the same point. "The Snake" summed it up yesterday when he was talking about how it used to be, where he said that he built, maintained, drove and tuned all by himself.

Got to grade some papers....
Posted on: 2011/2/28 16:09

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

1Fast04Vert Re: Monday Chat 02.28.11
Elite Guru
The hills of N. Georgia
2424 Posts

I don't even watch the pro drag racers. I enjoy the 'home grown, grass roots' racers at the local track and go out fairly often. Most of them build their own and do it for the fun of drag racing and are very knowledgeable and quick to help each other out.

On another note our HP desktop died and it was terminal, no way to save it. So off to Best Buy yesterday and bought something new.

Gateway - All-In-One Computer / Intel® Core™ i3 Processor / 21.5" Display / 4GB Memory / 1TB Hard Drive

It is a touch screen unit and totally wireless. No tower, the screen and processor are all in one. With a little persuasion they knocked another $80 off the price, but by the time we added all the warranties and extras it was still an expensive day.
Posted on: 2011/2/28 16:20

Huskerland
14742 Posts

I didn't know Gateway was still around.
Posted on: 2011/2/28 16:46

JeffK Re: Monday Chat 02.28.11
Elite Guru
High Point, NC
1440 Posts

I didn't know Gateway was still around either.

Spent the day yesterday working on my father in laws yard. It was a nice day and I don't mind helping him out.

Nothing much else going on. it's supposed to be 78 today. Stuck at work with no windows.
Posted on: 2011/2/28 17:05

bogus Re: Monday Chat 02.28.11
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

We had an appointment this morning, and this afternoon, I spent part of the day out in the garage organizing... which will lead to another post...

Also did some guru administrative stuff.
Posted on: 2011/3/1 2:45

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

Matatk Re: Monday Chat 02.28.11
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22804 Posts

Had a tough back/bicep workout this afternoon. Then dealt with the kids and made dinner. Wife got home and we ate, then she picked up some ice cream as a treat. Finally wound down after baths and bedtime for rugrats. I'm beat today.

Matthew
Posted on: 2011/3/1 3:12

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.