Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
132 user(s) are online (119 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Aluminum Powerglide
Automatic Transmission - 2 Speed

1st Gear: 1.76/1.82
2nd Gear: 1.00

- Used in production GM models from 1962 thru 1972.
- 14 Bolt Pan.
- Vac...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

TommyT-Bone Monday Chat 04.04.11
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33782 Posts

Busy week ahead. Really nothing new there. I can say that every week. Today is yard day. Trimming, edging, mowing and pool cleaning. Full day ahead. I 'll be in and out throughout the day to see what's up on the Guru. Tomorrow and Thursday are delivery days. Wednesday Tommy Doubtfire claims the day. Can't get nothing done from the chair. Up and at em .................. Happy Monday!
Posted on: 2011/4/4 11:40
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

PeteK Re: Monday Chat 04.04.11
Nanticoke, Pa
1311 Posts

Happy monday guys.
Fortunate enough to have a day at the home office. Then off to Tampa for tomorrow.
Hopefully, my local dragstrip can open friday night. Car isn't ready, but hope my flight lands in time to go down and do some spectating.
Otherwise, work today, a little transmission bench work tonight, then off to paradise.
Posted on: 2011/4/4 11:47

pianoguy Re: Monday Chat 04.04.11
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Greetings! Drizzle and sleet here, good day to be indoors. My son is dropping off my cat to get it set up for the oxygen sensor, so hopefully that will be done by the time I get home. I'd like to get the car buttoned up and see what it sounds like (and hopefully no exhaust leaks).

Have a good day, everyone!
Posted on: 2011/4/4 12:23

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

BillH Re: Monday Chat 04.04.11
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Wow, Pete's not on an airplane.

Over the winter, I forgot how much fun it is to be on the racetrack. Yesterday was a training day for new instructors and thet was cool because I put a bunch of laps in driving the C4.

I also drove the most clapped out 911 in the U.S. The guy told me it was a "work in process" then later told me he's owned it 10 years.
The first session while he was driving, I noticed (really noticed) that the passenger seat would slide forward an inch and a half under braking. And that the floorboard that my feet were on kinda moved around.

Then I got to drive, the steering wheel had almost a half turn of play, the shifter had 4 inches of play left to right when it was in gear! The shocks probably had zero oil left in them.

But it still had the Porsche brakes which (even on this car) where phenomenal.

On the way to & from the track, the C4 let me know it wants some attention, it was running 5 degrees high on water temp @ 75. Finally threw a SES (H64, lean on one oxy sensor) but decided it would turn the light off if I dropped down to 65.
So, I guess I can diagnos or just drive it slower.
Posted on: 2011/4/4 12:35

j3studio Re: Monday Chat 04.04.11
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4247 Posts

Good morning, all!

Yesterday was a day with the 1985. A good friend of mine came over (in his brand new Velocity Yellow Grand Sport 'vert) and we walked through the entire static portion of the performance verification (which took about three hours). At least we didn't find anything new - hopefully I can take it in to County Corvette later this.

PeteK, you travel more than I do.

Bill, I'd fix the issue: driving more slowly is (obviously) not an option.
Posted on: 2011/4/4 12:46

Ultraman Re: Monday Chat 04.04.11
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14768 Posts

Good Monday morning! Weather ok here only in the 50's today then 60's rest of week.

My wife celebrated her 50th B-day this weekend and we went to the Arbor Day Lodge in Nebraska City which has always been a family get away place. It is quite a place. Anyway our son went with us and our middle daughter was to catch up with us on Saturday.

Uknown to my wife I had bought tickets for my other daughter and future SIL to fly in from California. It was #2 daughters job to pick them up at the airport and bring them down. The flight did not get in until late so it was past midnight when they got to the Lodge. The next morning my wife and son and I went to eat breakfast and the other 3 were already seated at a table when we came in for the big suprise.........Let's just say my stock is at an all time high right now! Great weekend!

I think I could show up in a new GS right now and she wouldn't even care. Mmmmmm or not.

Lots of work to do this week so gotta go get started. I don't know who posted Radar Love the other day on the music marathon but I am still singing it. Have a good day!

I got the other header on yesterday. Is it just me or is nothing easy on that side of the engine.......
Posted on: 2011/4/4 13:11

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Matatk Re: Monday Chat 04.04.11
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22807 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Had a rough day at work yesterday. So my wife and I got the kids to bed at the outlaws and went out. Did a little shopping and stopped by a local place for a snack and a couple beers. It was nice to get out just the two of us. Only an hour and a half but makes a difference.

Weather has gone from 77 yesterday to 45 today. Ick. I am going to stop by my buddy's house later. He has an old pull behind bicycle trailer from when his kids were younger that I'm gonna pick up. I think Samantha will love riding in that for bike rides. Jacob will be ready for it soon, too. Good way to have family time and get out and bike at the same time.

Other than that not sure what's on the agenda.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2011/4/4 13:12

Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22807 Posts

Congrats on the header, Marcus. And way to earn brownie points with the wife
Posted on: 2011/4/4 13:14

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Those are the best kind of surprises, Marcus! You'll have brownie points galore ;-)
Posted on: 2011/4/4 13:26

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

TommyT-Bone Re: Monday Chat 04.04.11
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33782 Posts

Quote:

pianoguy wrote:
My son is dropping off my cat to get it set up for the oxygen sensor, so hopefully that will be done by the time I get home.

Sorry to hear this. How old is the cat? My dog lived to be 17 and our pet pot bellied pig will be 19 this November. Never had any pets get oxygen sensors though. Hope it all works out for you.
Posted on: 2011/4/4 14:14

biggrizzly Re: Monday Chat 04.04.11
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

Good Morning All,

It's already a busy week... I'm trying to pack a bunch of work into this morning before we head off to the hospital for a couple days.

Pete - glad you can sit down and chill for a bit at home
Marcus - You're correct! That side can be a pain on mine too!
I would have thought a trip to the Chevy dealer was in your itinerary for her birthday present!

The rest of you... have a good day. I'll keep you posted after we get settled in at the hotel.
Posted on: 2011/4/4 14:21

teebee Re: Monday Chat 04.04.11
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12379 Posts

Good morning guys...I'm feeling better today, got over the stiffness in my hands and back (from detailing the car and pickup).

Marcus, I'd say you got lots of brownie points. And congrats on finally getting the header and then installed. Bill, I'm going to try and get the box of maple pieces sent out today.

We reached 95* yesterday, just south of us (about 60 miles) they reached 99, but then the wind started howling from the north and today we are hoping for 50, 35 right now.
Posted on: 2011/4/4 14:30

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Quote:

pianoguy wrote:
My son is dropping off my cat to get it set up for the oxygen sensor, so hopefully that will be done by the time I get home.

Sorry to hear this. How old is the cat? My dog lived to be 17 and our pet pot bellied pig will be 19 this November. Never had any pets get oxygen sensors though. Hope it all works out for you.

LMAO! He did get a kick out of the fact that they were adding a bung to it.
Posted on: 2011/4/4 14:30

TommyT-Bone Re: Monday Chat 04.04.11
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33782 Posts

Why do the people of Missouri enjoy vistors? Because Missouri loves company.

What is read can't be unread.
Posted on: 2011/4/4 17:08

JeffK Re: Monday Chat 04.04.11
Elite Guru
High Point, NC
1440 Posts

It's almost 80 here. Well, that's what I've heard. There are no windows in my office.
Stiff back this morning from helping Father-in-law cut down 5 trees yesterday. One was hung up on other trees so I grabbed it an walked it out to get it to fall. I took most of the impact. Feels better now than when I tried to get out of bed this morning.
I did get to drive the Vette to work. Mick said that his base tune was one of the best he has seen out of the box. Good job Mick! Car runs a lot smoother, no SES light from the EGR and thanks to Matthew I have adjusted the TV cable so the trans seems to be a lot happier.
I still have a rocker making noise on the driver side! pisses me off since I've been in there 5 times trying to get rid of it.

Class tonight so no garage fun for me.

Jeff
Posted on: 2011/4/4 17:10

Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22807 Posts

Today was pretty useless for me. I had no motivation to do anything. I did stop by my buddies for a few hours and BS with him, so that was nice. While I was there I picked up the trailer for the bicycle so Samantha can go on rides with me. I'll try to hook that up tomorrow as it involves removing the rear tire and doing a couple things. Samantha liked going there because she got to play with the toys in the basement that are left over from his 9 yo daughter

Other than that, nothing accomplished.

Matthew
Posted on: 2011/4/5 1:47

Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22807 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Why do the people of Missouri enjoy vistors?

Finally gives them the chance to extend the family tree past one branch?

Sorry to our MO guys
Posted on: 2011/4/5 1:48

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.