Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
272 user(s) are online (200 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Windows in the C4
Both should move up and down, quietly and reasonably fast.

If a window does not work, this most likely means a bad motor, but check the fuse pane...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Ultraman Tuesday Chat 5-3-11
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14750 Posts

Good Morning! Looks like the weather will be improving in our part of the country for the next few days. Had another go around with the accountant last night trying to figure out if we made any mistakes in our books. I think it is what it is, which does not bode well for us and the amount we will have to give the Government. I am not working for me or my family anymore I am working for them and it pisses me off.

I did have a nice drive into the Star City in the Vette yesterday. I am puzzled why the check engine lite did not come on all the way down there when I was running 75 mph at 2000 rpm. Then on the way back it comes on right away. EGR delete is what is causing the check engine, but why sometimes and not other? Any ideas?

Gotta get to work the gov't is broke and needs all my money. Have a great day Guru's!
Posted on: 2011/5/3 12:06

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

crash Re: Tuesday Chat 5-3-11
Guru
WRIGHT CITY MO 63390
977 Posts

good morning gurus. sorry to hear that the taxman is getting in your wallet marcus. it does seem like you bust your a$$ working to get ahead. then at tax time their standing there wanting more of your money. it sucks man. well nothing special going on here today. im off and have nothing planned. we have a big sun out today. lets see what that brings. well have a goood day gurus
rich
Posted on: 2011/5/3 12:14

Ultraman Re: Tuesday Chat 5-3-11
Huskerland
14750 Posts

The bad news is my accountant says it's going to get worse....somebody has to pay for the new healthcare and the deficit.
Posted on: 2011/5/3 12:18

JeffK Re: Tuesday Chat 5-3-11
Elite Guru
High Point, NC
1440 Posts

Last week of the spring semester. Labs/finals/projects. I haven't even messed with the Vette, it sits in the garage collecting pollen and dust.

Supposed to be 84 and overcast today. Can you say humid?

Marcus, someone has to pay for the Osama headhunt! Does that make it sting a little less?

Have a good day guru's!
Posted on: 2011/5/3 12:53

pianoguy Re: Tuesday Chat 5-3-11
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Greetings! It's May 3 - it was 29 degrees this morning and I had to scrape frost off of the car windows. Ridiculous. I put the Vette up on stands last night and pulled the inspection cover, but didn't have time to mess around with the flywheel weights - maybe tonight. Hope it does the trick.

Enjoy your day, everyone!
Posted on: 2011/5/3 13:18

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

biggrizzly Re: Tuesday Chat 5-3-11
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

Mornin' Guys

I made up one of the hose ends last night and played around with the Russell braided S/S lines. I love this stuff. I wish I had the money and time to do every hose and line in the engine bay with this stuff. I need to map out and engineer my line routings a bit better today so that tonight I'll be ready. I might need to pick up another 90 degree and 45 dgree hose end to do what I really want to.

Looks like a sunny warm day here today, but I need to get my butt in gear and get some work done for the Gubmint today too!

I'll check back later - hope you all have a good day
Posted on: 2011/5/3 13:26

Huskerland
14750 Posts

Brad I must have missed what's going on with your car. What's it doing? Yeah Jeff, I'm proud to have contributed to that! I also don't mind paying for the ifrastructure and keeping that up, even social security. It's all the other stuff that's baking my hams.
Posted on: 2011/5/3 13:30

teebee Re: Tuesday Chat 5-3-11
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12370 Posts

Good morning guys.....I've got my class doing a worksheet for the final test, they are working away. I'm doing a bunch of crap paperwork.

Taxes are the sh!ts. Work your arse off and then give it all to the govt. for programs and crap you don't believe in. Don, those hoses are neat, are they not bad to make? Brad, we had frost and actually a hard freeze last night too, 28*. It's supposed to warm up into the 70's today though.

Men's night was a success last night. They were expecting 30 and 45 showed. Played a 4 man scramble and my team came out on top 7 under (on nine). Had a good 16 oz Rib eye and I came away $30 more than I went with.
Posted on: 2011/5/3 13:49

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Marcus, I have a vibration in the engine that has become more annoying - I think it is due to the work I had done to repair my spun bearing, where the crank was ground and a rod was replaced. I am going to try this:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/1551034877-post30.html
Posted on: 2011/5/3 13:52

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Posted on: 2011/5/3 14:06

4543 Posts

Take Note: I don't know the validity of this claim but this morning I received an email from a co-worker that there is a virus laden video circulating Facebook and the internet of the Bin Laden attack.. Be very careful opening any videos that claim to have footage of the attack.
Posted on: 2011/5/3 14:30

Matatk Re: Tuesday Chat 5-3-11
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Still trying to get back on my old schedule after the trip. I like consistency and that all goes out the window when you have a road trip. I don't think I can stand anymore restaurant food for a bit, either. Not that we ate junk, I just prefer to eat at home most times.

The trip was long. We took two days driving out there and ended up in NYC on Friday night. Saw my sister/BIL and had dinner. On Saturday we went over to their house for the baby shower and stayed for the evening before we went back to the hotel. Sunday morning we stopped by again before we left. That was the only nice part of the trip, seeing family. Our hotel in NY was cramped and literally under a train track. There were 12 parking spots for a 6 floor hotel No gym at the hotel, so I missed 4 days of workouts total. I got lost on NY streets two out of three days. And that was with a GPS! NY has the worst signage out of anywhere I've ever been. Driving there sucks. I was just happy to leave. I really don't like that town. We left Sunday at about noon Chicago time and decided we couldn't stand to stay in a hotel another night. So I drove straight through, only stopping for dinner and a few potty breaks for the kids. Got home at 3 am Chicago time. But I was glad to be home. I'll never drive to NY again. Overall it was just a frustrating trip, aside from seeing the family.

Back to work tomorrow...at least I'll be on a schedule again.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2011/5/3 15:06

Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Marcus - I feel for you, my friend! I was watching tv the other day and someone was suggesting getting rid of the mortgage interest tax deduction for homeowners. Pissed me off. That's the only reason to own a home...lol.

I am a fan of the flat tax rate, but that will never happen in this country. Too many people in power would lose on that deal from all the bs tax breaks they write into law for themselves. Us stuck here in the middle class get screwed.

Brad - hope you find your vibration issue!

Matthew
Posted on: 2011/5/3 15:11

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Sorry to hear your trip wasn't all that enjoyable, Matt! I've only been to NYC once on business, back in 2000. Had a lot of fun, but I'd never attempt to drive in that town. I went with a couple other guys and we saw a lot of sights, took a boat up the river to a Yankees game, went to Little Italy, Chinatown, etc. I was also fortunate to have gotten to have a drink at the top of the World Trade Center.
Posted on: 2011/5/3 15:36

Huskerland
14750 Posts

Wow Brad, that had to hit home when they were attacked soon after that. Also has your car always had that vibration or has that come on later? I know mine vibrates more through the steering wheel at idle with this new exhaust set up but that is a whole nuther deal.

Matt, we the higher you go on the tax brackets the less or any deductions you get. Mine are complicated by the businesses we have and how they all play into the mix. I don't think I would like New York.
Posted on: 2011/5/3 16:37

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

I've always thought it had a vibration since the spun bearing was fixed a couple years back, but it seems more apparent now that the car is quieter (without headers).
Posted on: 2011/5/3 17:20

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12370 Posts

Afternoon guys, I was in NYC once.....in 1973 on our senior trip...imagine 43, 18 year old Kansas hicks in NYC. I was scared sh!tless. I really don't want to go back. The WTC wasn't even open yet, still being built.

I got the worksheets all graded, ready to hand back tomorrow so they can use those to study for the final. They have a lot to cover.
Posted on: 2011/5/3 18:00

Resized Image

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12370 Posts

Oh Brad, here is a website that I have been listening music from for a week or so. Almost no breaks in the music. I figure you'll enjoy this one.

http://www.181.fm/playing.php?station=181-beatles&embed=1
Posted on: 2011/5/3 18:02

Resized Image

Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:

Matt, we the higher you go on the tax brackets the less or any deductions you get. Mine are complicated by the businesses we have and how they all play into the mix. I don't think I would like New York.

Then you're not doing it right (Remember my former job?) What you'll tend to find in the far upper income levels there are people who can bend the rules to suit themselves (I am referring to Senators, etc....) Middle class suffers. I have zero knowledge about the industry you are in or how your business is set up (ie, incorporated, S-corp, llc, etc) but those things will affect your taxes as they trickle down to you. I think it is wise to talk to your accountant and maybe even have a consultation with another one. I have been out of it too long to give you recommendations. I did mostly business bookkeeping, state/sales tax issues, and tax problem follow-ups/appeals.

Off topic from that, had a killer back and bicep workout and now waiting for the wife to get home so we can grill some sausage.

Matthew
Posted on: 2011/5/3 18:16

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Thanks for the link, Tom - I'll check that out tonight!
Posted on: 2011/5/3 18:58

1Fast04Vert Re: Tuesday Chat 5-3-11
Elite Guru
The hills of N. Georgia
2424 Posts

I am another NYC hater. Back in the 60's/70's I had to drive a tractor trailer into or thru the city at least several times a week and totally hated it. Rude people, too crowded, too expensive, and the list goes on.
Posted on: 2011/5/3 19:59

BillH Re: Tuesday Chat 5-3-11
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

I'd visit NYC with someone.......but I charge $500 per day to do so.
Or Chicago
Or L.A.
Or Miami
Or....
Posted on: 2011/5/3 21:12

Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Quote:

BillH wrote:
Or Chicago
Or L.A.
Or Miami
Or....

I don't even like going to downtown Chicago anymore. I worked downtown for a year at a nightclub and while it's fun when you're young and single, I have no desire now. We make about 1-2 trips a year down there for various events, that's about it. Any "good" restaurant has a sister branch in the various suburbs.

Never been to Cali or Florida, but I'd like to go.

Matthew
Posted on: 2011/5/3 21:38

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:
Quote:

BillH wrote:
Or Chicago
Or L.A.
Or Miami
Or....

Never been to Cali or Florida, but I'd like to go.

Matthew

Ca.'s great, except for the cities. But, unless you get way, way out there. It's crowded, the traffic sucks. Even a beautiful place like Napa is just packed, Yosemite's crowded, it's hard to walk thru the readwoods without bumping into people.
Posted on: 2011/5/4 1:30

4543 Posts

Nothin' like smellin' the fresh air of downtown Washington DC!!

Actually, I still like to go check things out when and if I ever have some free time. There is tons to do and see here, just no time!
Posted on: 2011/5/4 1:35

RickAnthony Re: Tuesday Chat 5-3-11
ASE Master Certified
Downers Grove, IL
703 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:
Good Morning CGs!

Still trying to get back on my old schedule after the trip. I like consistency and that all goes out the window when you have a road trip. I don't think I can stand anymore restaurant food for a bit, either. Not that we ate junk, I just prefer to eat at home most times.

The trip was long. We took two days driving out there and ended up in NYC on Friday night. Saw my sister/BIL and had dinner. On Saturday we went over to their house for the baby shower and stayed for the evening before we went back to the hotel. Sunday morning we stopped by again before we left. That was the only nice part of the trip, seeing family. Our hotel in NY was cramped and literally under a train track. There were 12 parking spots for a 6 floor hotel No gym at the hotel, so I missed 4 days of workouts total. I got lost on NY streets two out of three days. And that was with a GPS! NY has the worst signage out of anywhere I've ever been. Driving there sucks. I was just happy to leave. I really don't like that town. We left Sunday at about noon Chicago time and decided we couldn't stand to stay in a hotel another night. So I drove straight through, only stopping for dinner and a few potty breaks for the kids. Got home at 3 am Chicago time. But I was glad to be home. I'll never drive to NY again. Overall it was just a frustrating trip, aside from seeing the family.

Back to work tomorrow...at least I'll be on a schedule again.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew

Yea I can only imagine, as you know we drove out there one time a straight through in back, just a little short of 40 hours of road time, to deliver the 70 dodge dart for the boss, we hauled it out their with my trailer. very long very exhausting trip...

Good news today we FINALLY after months of waiting got the diff and trans for the 57'/LS1 Chevy project we are building at the day job. I just started the diff install. may get to fire it up tomorrow sometime if everything goes as planned..
Posted on: 2011/5/4 2:48
RickAnthonyMotorsports.NET

JrRifleCoach Re: Tuesday Chat 5-3-11
Elite Guru
1524 Posts

Quote:

BillH wrote:
Yosemite's crowded, it's hard to walk thru the readwoods without bumping into people.

Your going at the wrong time. Need to stay away during the summer months and weekends. It seems some flatlander always kill themselves during those times. We loose about two a month during the good summers.

:cheers:
Posted on: 2011/5/4 5:11

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

JrRifleCoach wrote:
Quote:

BillH wrote:
Yosemite's crowded, it's hard to walk thru the readwoods without bumping into people.

Your going at the wrong time. Need to stay away during the summer months and weekends. It seems some flatlander always kill themselves during those times. We loose about two a month during the good summers.

:cheers:

Yea, I know but if you go 20 miles away from half dome, it's way better (anything to get away from the traffic).
Lake Tahoe's like that in the summer. But there's so many places in the Sierra Nedava's that you can get away from the crowds.
You just have to stay as far away as possible from thr cities of the known tourist hangouts.
Posted on: 2011/5/4 13:01

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.