Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
337 user(s) are online (283 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  LT1
Engine used from 1992-1996 (in 1996, automatic equipped only)....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Monday Chat 05.23.11
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22804 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

We had another Christening party to go to last night. It was right down the street from work so that was nice and close. Unfortunately we didn't really know anyone there except the family with the baby and my in-laws. The people that sat with us were pretty nice, though. Food was good. Samantha had fun dancing and running around. I cut out early so I could get home and get started on evening duties. Kids got home and I got them washed up and we put them down. Then I hit the sack. These long days are the pits

I'd like to get in a short run later if I can. Hopefully the weather cooperates, but it's supposed to be rain at random times throughout the day. We'll see what happens.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2011/5/23 11:36

Ultraman Monday Chat 5-23-11
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14739 Posts

Good Morning! Where did that weekend go? Up early to get ready for work. I'm thinking there will be a lot of storm damage to check out this week on the crops.

Got some pics of the car this weekend. Used a good camera so will have to figure out how to get the pics off it and posted to photobucket.

Gotta go, have a great day guru's!
Posted on: 2011/5/23 11:38

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

crash Re: Monday Chat 05.23.11
Guru
WRIGHT CITY MO 63390
977 Posts

whew we had rain last night and high winds. joplin mo got hit with a torondo last night and tore the town up pretty bad. we were lucky though. we just had rain and hail. sunny as hell out this morning though. well have a good day gurus.
rich
Posted on: 2011/5/23 12:02

Ultraman Re: Monday Chat 05.23.11
Huskerland
14739 Posts

Man, any Guru's in or around Joplin MO. Prayers that way if there are! Glad you didn't get hit bad in your area Rich.
Posted on: 2011/5/23 12:06

biggrizzly Re: Monday Chat 05.23.11
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
Man, any Guru's in or around Joplin MO. Prayers that way if there are! Glad you didn't get hit bad in your area Rich.

89 dead just in one town! Prayers sent! What a devastation.
What's up with the weather? Its been pretty severe out there lately.
Posted on: 2011/5/23 12:08

Epimax Re: Monday Chat 05.23.11
Elite Guru
Wilmington, NC
1814 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:

Prayers sent...Man...that's just devastating ...
Posted on: 2011/5/23 12:15

4543 Posts

Good morning all,

I survived another weekend and did not get much accomplished on my car. Looks like I have to do most of the work during the week as the weekends are filled with other fun things to do.

I am really beginning to get the hang of our new Autocross software by AxWare Inc. Its got some nuances but otherwise it works like a champ. We use a Race America Display Board and hardware with the AxWare software which also integrates with an Online Race Management web app by the same outfit. The ORM website gathers all my pre-registered entrants, information and cars plus processes the Paypal payments for me. Then all I need to do on Race-Eve is download the pre-registered entrants into my local machine's AxWare app and I'm nearly locked and loaded and ready to go. Then I just enter the on site registrations the next morning at the event. Then stage each car as we have them lined up in the grid and the software does the rest. It handles the timing, the splits, the reports...everything. Love it!!!

Not much else going on here. I need to get to work, so I better get off this thread for now.

Check back later
Posted on: 2011/5/23 12:18

teebee Re: Monday Chat 05.23.11
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12364 Posts

Morning guys.... Joplin was hit pretty bad, that's a lot of people dead in an area that is used to bad weather. It must have come up fast.

I still have a few days at school (by contract). So I will be at school, but it's not too bad, I'll have time to get some other things done.

Have a great day...
Posted on: 2011/5/23 12:21

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

TommyT-Bone Re: Monday Chat 5-23-11
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Yesterday I worked (cutting grass) in the morning and part of the afternoon. I was sitting on the couch gazing at the TV when my wife (like the energizer bunny) proclaims, "I'm bored, I want to do something". I on the other hand had just hit pre-nap stride. I said to her "Can you ever just do nothing?". She said, "Today is my only day off and I don't wasnt to waste it just sitting around.". So .. I did what any good man would do. I sent her off to visit her neice and great neices. I goofed around a little on the computer looking at things I have no intention of buying (67 Nova SS Pro Street. 87 slant nose Porsche 930) and other stuff like that. I was then ready to assume a horizontal position on the couch. Breaking out a nice comforter and positioning my pillows perfectly I was ready for a nice afternoon snooze. Closing my eyes and getting comfortable, a local ice cream vendor makes his way through the neighborhood with his speaker blaring out Christmas songs. Yep, this idiot plays X-mas tunes all fricken year long. He works his way through and yet another competing ice cream man follows this other guys route albeit just a couple of minutes later. As this guy leaves the area yet another ice cream truck passes through with another round of ding a ling kiddie songs. These guys must all buy the ice cream truck mucic machines from the same distributor. I figure that's got to be about it as far as distractions go since now all the local ice cream trucks have worked the area. Settling in, just about hitting stride ..... ring ........... ring ......... ring ..... A friend of my wifes calls. I don't answer because I can see who it is on the Caller ID. Settle back in because at this point I am not getting up and I am determined to catch a quick nap. Ahh, dreamland is approaching ..... ....ring .........ring ........ring..... Special election on Tuesday due to a recall and the same asshat that has called me everyday with the same politiical message has called once again ..... Sonofabitch ...... Can I get a fricken nap on a Sunday afterfrigginnoon. Finally I doze off. I'm hitting stride now and have been out for about 10 minutes.......... ring .......... ring ..........ring ...... "Hi honey, I'm just down the street, could you bring the dogs in?" I give up ...... The party is over .... You would think this would be the end of this tale, But Wait ! There's More!. As I shake off the after effects of having taken a nap, she decides she wants to start dusting and cleaning shelves and wall ornaments in the living room. Here comes a multihour request fest. Can you get me this , can you hand me that, Oh, that's too high for me ........... You got to be kidding me .... All I wanted to do was a whole lot of nuthin and this is how it ended up. This is why I think Charlie really ended up on the MTA.
Posted on: 2011/5/23 12:38

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Posted on: 2011/5/23 12:44

pianoguy Re: Monday Chat 05.23.11
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Good morning! Much mojo to all those who were in the path of that nasty storm - man, what a mess! I know all about getting your nap buzz harshed, Tommy - happens more often than not. This morning I have to go to the dentist to confirm whether or not I need 2 root canals - oh, the joy!

Have a good day, all!
Posted on: 2011/5/23 12:52

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

BillH Re: Monday Chat 5-23-11
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
"I'm bored, I want to do something". I said to her "Can you ever just do nothing?". She said, "Today is my only day off and I don't wasnt to waste it just sitting around."

Kudos to your wife.
Posted on: 2011/5/23 12:55

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

BillH wrote:
Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
"I'm bored, I want to do something". I said to her "Can you ever just do nothing?". She said, "Today is my only day off and I don't wasnt to waste it just sitting around."

Kudos to your wife.

Kudos to you too. Here's a left and a right kudo for ya.
Posted on: 2011/5/23 13:01

BillH Re: Monday Chat 5-23-11
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Quote:

BillH wrote:
Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

Kudos to your wife.

Kudos to you too. Here's a left and a right kudo for ya.

Ya, I know you do a lot of stuff......usually.

I moved almost 3000 milkes across the country to get away from friends that thought doing nothing was exciting.
Posted on: 2011/5/23 13:14

vetteblondie Re: Monday Chat 05.23.11
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4648 Posts

Prayers for those in or around Joplin and who lost family and friends. I can't imagine that. I see stuff like that and thing "damn, and I thought I had problems..." makes you feel small. Stormed a lot here last night but if it hailed I missed it, We're so sick of rain and floods here it's crazy and we're due rain all week AGAIN. It better not rain next Monday. Due in the gym in about 45 minutes and dreading that, but going early to get it over with and have the rest of my day, ton of junk to do but I'll probably end up on the couch like I have the past 5 days....
Have a good one y'all...

This is Joplin's Wal-Mart...

Attach file:

jpg  joplinwalmart.jpg (64.71 KB)
619_4dda661b70f0a.jpg 801X405 px
Posted on: 2011/5/23 13:46

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

TommyT-Bone Re: Monday Chat 05.23.11
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Posted on: 2011/5/23 14:18

4543 Posts

Quote:

vetteblondie wrote:

Resized Image

This is Joplin's Wal-Mart...

Nothing to loot there!
Posted on: 2011/5/23 14:26

teebee Re: Monday Chat 05.23.11
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12364 Posts

Goes to show the power of these storms....or the crappy construction of some of these buildings.
Posted on: 2011/5/23 14:49

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

I made an appointment to have a nearby shop have a look at my car on Thursday. Maybe I'll yank the Camber-Brace and Cross-Frame off of it in advance.
Posted on: 2011/5/23 21:08

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

TommyT-Bone Re: Monday Chat 05.23.11
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:
Goes to show the power of these storms....or the crappy construction of some of these buildings.

Two hundred mph wind will beat up even a well constructed building. You'd have to make them tornado proof. Maybe pick up a nice early nuclear era decommissioned missle silo.
Posted on: 2011/5/23 22:57

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

There's a theory that the earth flips over every so many years (The HAB Theory was a novel based on it) - resulting in something like 3,000 mph winds. You'd need more than a chin strap for your hat.
Posted on: 2011/5/23 23:39

Ultraman Re: Monday Chat 05.23.11
Huskerland
14739 Posts

Quote:

pianoguy wrote:
There's a theory that the earth flips over every so many years (The HAB Theory was a novel based on it) - resulting in something like 3,000 mph winds. You'd need more than a chin strap for your hat.

Interesting, I have never heard of that. I remember a few times when I could have sworn the room was flipping.......nevermind!
Posted on: 2011/5/23 23:53

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

I remember finding the book pretty fascinating - there was another one, non-fiction, that was titled something like The Adam and Eve Story. Supposedly the axis where it flips is left relatively unscathed, but the rest of the earth goes through cataclysmic upheaval. Here's a little blurb I found:

http://www.atlantisrising.com/backissues/issue9/ar9poleshift.html
Posted on: 2011/5/24 1:41

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.