Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
164 user(s) are online (123 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Coil over
The term coil over means having a coil spring coaxial with the shock absorber. In terms of a Corvette, it replaces the leaf spring.

[IMG]http:/...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

biggrizzly Sunday Chat 8-21-2011
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

Good Morning Gurus! I got to get this ball rolling!

I slept for hours!! I'm still sunburned and not feeling too great. I think too much sun and heat yesterday wore my butt out.

I'm planning on taking it easy today and just hanging out around here. I'm reviewing some materials that may help me for my follow-up interview tomorrow. Still crossing fingers.

I'll try to get some photos up from the show but I don't have many of the cars. I typically take tons of photos of friends and people and less of the cars. I know I need to focus on the cars more at a show, but I'm more people centered. Anyhow, have a great day, I'll chat some more later.
Posted on: 2011/8/21 11:52
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Matatk Re: Sunday Chat 8-21-2011
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22807 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Found the hotel computer so I'm stealing a couple minutes on it.

We stayed at my folk's house too late last night. No problem for #2 because he was sleeping in the car seat in a bedroom. #1 was playing with her cousin who is the same age and she only sees occasionally. So it was around 11:30 Chicago time when we left, a few hours past her bedtime. It was holy terror getting her to bed once we got back to the hotel...screaming, temper tantrums, not listening...I think we woke up the whole floor...oops. Finally got to sleep but she'll sleep in late this morning which I don't want. Oh well.

We had a good time at the BBQ air show, though. They had to cut it short a couple hours due to a bad storm that moved in, but we still stuck around and BS'd with family. So it was nice.

Looking forward to getting home, though.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2011/8/21 12:46

BillH Re: Sunday Chat 8-21-2011
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

I didn't accomplish anything yesterday.

Today...........I'm going to try and do even less.
Posted on: 2011/8/21 12:59

Ultraman Re: Sunday Chat 8-21-2011
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14761 Posts

Morning Guru's.....I slept in a bit today. Got church in the park today then a potluck dinner. The Girls are all atwitter about the wedding shower for my daughter today....its a good day for me and UBoy to lay low and stay out of the way.....

Started in on the shop benches yesterday getting them cleaned up. I had a trash can and a half already full when I quit. What a mess, it will take a week to get through the whole shop.

Vette ride today would be in order just have to figure out where......have a great day off Guru's!
Posted on: 2011/8/21 14:00

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

pianoguy Re: Sunday Chat 8-21-2011
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Greetings! Slept in again today since the Viqueens were on late last night. I am hopeful that this season will be less embarrassing than last. It looks nice outside, so another day of working on the deck is on tap. I can't wait to clean out the garage and workbench - it has been a disaster area all summer. Good luck laying low today, Marcus - keep a tight grip on your wallet, too ;-)

Have a good one!
Posted on: 2011/8/21 14:30

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

vetteblondie Re: Sunday Chat 8-21-2011
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4662 Posts

Wow, we all either are up before daylight or all sleep in.
+1 on the sleeping in today, I rolled out of the rack about 11.
Took off Friday afternoon to the West End Smokehouse and Tavern in Little Rock - friend of mine is a drummer and their band played there that night. Awesome show, they did great. Drove home yesterday. Was up till 5am so not much sleep, came home yesterday the neighbors showed up here till last night visiting, got in bed about 10. I passed out. Had planned to clean house today but really don't see anything happening around here.
Posted on: 2011/8/21 17:10

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

j3studio Re: Sunday Chat 8-21-2011
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4247 Posts

Good afternoon, Gurus.

My wife and I took the 2003 'vert out for breakfast (at the wonderful Nudy's in Malvern) and various errands. The weather threatened, but we kept the top down most of the time.

This afternoon, going out earlier is looking like the right decision: the sky outside is dark gray and we've got a severe thunderstorm watch until 9:00 PM.

Going to do some computing work, along with watching NASCAR and preseason football. In between, I'm going to clean the garage a little: the lifts come on Tuesday.
Posted on: 2011/8/21 18:49

teebee Re: Sunday Chat 8-21-2011
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12374 Posts

Hey guys (and Letty), I'm home and glad to be able to get on line. Doing it by phone is possible but I'm not very good at it yet.

The Corvette performed flawlessly and made right at 25MPG (including a couple of blasts to triple digits). After yesterday I was bushed and we went to bed at 9:30, didn't wake until 7:30. Rosie's folks had a church dinner to go to at noon, so we left about 10:30.

I'm ready for school to start this week, in-service tomorrow and Tuesday then kids for half day on Wednesday and then more in-service in the afternoon.
Posted on: 2011/8/21 21:01

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

crash Re: Sunday Chat 8-21-2011
Guru
WRIGHT CITY MO 63390
977 Posts

well good evening gurus. just got home from nice afternoon of driving the back roads along the missouri river, stopped at a winery and had some good food. rosie had some wine and i had a coke. left the winery for some more twisty back roads and came home. it was a nice afternoon cruising. the vette ran good and it felt neat. well thats all for now. have a good one
rich
Posted on: 2011/8/21 23:09

djxib Re: Sunday Chat 8-21-2011
Senior Guru
North Georgia
456 Posts

Spent a productive day in the engine bay and now I have all the brackets mocked up for the supercharger - man it's huge! Intake pipework is going to be a pain, I'll try a couple of combinations before I get it right.

Probably only about 10 hours work from firing up the beast - cant wait!
Posted on: 2011/8/22 0:27

1996 Greenwood Collectors Edition LT4

Previously 1992 Convertible Polo Green. 383 LT1/LT4 forged/balanced. V7-YSi, Alky. 608RWHP... Now sitting at a dismantler with a salvage title. Still runs...

Vetron87 Re: Sunday Chat 8-21-2011
Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Excellent weekend! no recovery dives,no honey do stuff, only thing pending was a wedding Sat. Good food, great people, and the alcohol flowed. Today, nothing! didn't drive anything or anywhere just relaxed. According to my wife this the first time since Christmas I have done nothing. Listen to Oldies and fixed Steaks on the grill.
Of course tomorrow being Monday the crap will hit the fan somewhere.
Posted on: 2011/8/22 2:19

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.