Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
291 user(s) are online (204 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Grand Sport
RPO Z16.

A one year special. 1000 were made to honor both the end of the C4 and the original racers, called Grand Sports, from 1963.

All were...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

biggrizzly Monday Chat - 8.22.2011
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

Good Mornin' All Gurus!

Missing Tommy to start these things...but he will be along soon enough.

I was up late last night panicking about today's interview (PM Exercise). Today is the second installment of the interview process for the Project Management position I'm trying to get. I'll need to develop a project plan for some problem/project they give me and then present it to a panel of interviewers as though they were the potential stakeholders. Good grief!! I hope I can cut the mustard!!
Talk about sweaty palms!

Not much else on my mind this morning but that, so I'll leave it at that and come back later today with some kind of report.

I hope you all have a good day! Chat later

Attach file:

jpg  sweaty-palms.jpg (24.68 KB)
342_4e5244aa58afd.jpg 425X237 px
Posted on: 2011/8/22 11:59
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

djxib Re: Monday Chat - 8.22.2011
Senior Guru
North Georgia
456 Posts

Good luck with your interview Don!

Back to work for me today - chaos and shouting will continue until the end of August. The success of my department is dependent on one person in another group (who we have no control over) - who is a certifiable nut job.

Need to find my Zen place, which is probably holding a wrench while working on the 'vette...
Posted on: 2011/8/22 12:09

1996 Greenwood Collectors Edition LT4

Previously 1992 Convertible Polo Green. 383 LT1/LT4 forged/balanced. V7-YSi, Alky. 608RWHP... Now sitting at a dismantler with a salvage title. Still runs...

teebee Re: Monday Chat - 8.22.2011
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12372 Posts

Morning buys...I'm off to school. I'll check in later. I hope everyone has a great day.
Posted on: 2011/8/22 12:19

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

pianoguy Re: Monday Chat - 8.22.2011
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Greetings! Back to the grindstone after a nice weekend, but I drove the Vette to work, so it ain't all bad. Best of luck on your interview, Don - you're gonna do a great job!

Have a good Monday, everybody!
Posted on: 2011/8/22 12:27

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Ultraman Re: Monday Chat - 8.22.2011
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14754 Posts

Ahhhhhhhhgggg......It's Monday.....nuts what a great weekend of doing almost nothing. Took the C5 into Lincoln yesterday...what a great handling car. I really can't find anything to bitch about it other that it only has one cup holder..

The wedding shower was a big success much fun by all I guess. They even had those funny little sandwiches with no crust on them. They had a few left over so I got to sample them....Uboy could eat about 70 of them.

Don, do your Jedi breathing excercises.....intake for a count of 4..hold to a 10 count and release slowly to a count of 16 to 20. Do that 4 to eight times in a row and that should take care of the jitters......if you don't pass out first. That will get the O2 levels up in the blood and dispell some of the chemicals that the stress is bringing on.

That and the knowledge that if this is where the Lord wants you then things will work out.

Gotta go get an estimate on fixing my daughters rear wing window on her Envoy this morning so I better get to it.

Lock and load boys, its Monday.....
Posted on: 2011/8/22 12:36

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Huskerland
14754 Posts

@TB.....good luck heading back into the grind today.
@Brad....glad you got to drive your car today, doesn't winter officially start in Sept up there?
Posted on: 2011/8/22 12:42

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12372 Posts

OK, I'm at school and my first meeting is in about 20 minutes. Don, relax, you'll do great. I just tried Marcus' method and got light headed. Not sure what to do with all that O2. It's a pretty nice morning here, I rode my bicycle to school this morning, but it will be a hot one when it's time to go home, still in the lower 100's. Andy, isn't that the pits? No control bothers me.
Posted on: 2011/8/22 12:42

Resized Image

Huskerland
14754 Posts

Yeah you might want to go slow on that at first....until your body gets used to it......sorry. It does work great though.

Andy do the breathing....its probably a zen thing anyway...then go tell that guy in the other group to get his ass to work or you'll be kicking it for him.....that's biker zen....
Posted on: 2011/8/22 12:52

BillH Re: Monday Chat - 8.22.2011
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

It's Monday?

Maybe I better do sumpton.......nah.
Posted on: 2011/8/22 13:28

JeffK Re: Monday Chat - 8.22.2011
Elite Guru
High Point, NC
1440 Posts

Lots of moving and shaking this morning with everyone going back to school. I start classes again today but both the classes I took this semester are online which is a good/evil type thing for me. It means I have to make time to sit down and do the stuff on my own. But I can also get my work done while I'm not at home.

I am already finding it hard to focus on work in anticipation of my trip to PA the first week in Sept. This will be the first time my wife is going with me. She is excited to go and see where I grew up. We've been down to her hometown in GA a bunch of times in the 5 years we've been together.

She wants to take the Vette. That makes me nervous. I'm not sure if I trust it to make it all the way there and back. It didn't last year.

Don, I'm sure you'll knock their socks off!

Marcus, glad to hear that you are enjoying the C5.

Have a great day everyone!
Posted on: 2011/8/22 13:44

SpectatorRacing Re: Monday Chat - 8.22.2011
Elite Guru
1721 Posts

I've been AWOL working on broken vettes. After a nightmare of a project swapping the fuel pump on the C6 I finally had it running Friday night. Now I have one car that works.

However, since Friday I've driven it about 100 miles. The only place it's been parked that is not mine or a friend's driveway was when I left it in the grocery store parking lot for 10 minutes yesterday. And it got hit. Narfed the front bumper.

Seriously.
Posted on: 2011/8/22 15:16

BillH Re: Monday Chat - 8.22.2011
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

SpectatorRacing wrote:
I've been AWOL working on broken vettes. After a nightmare of a project swapping the fuel pump on the C6 I finally had it running Friday night. Now I have one car that works.

However, since Friday I've driven it about 100 miles. The only place it's been parked that is not mine or a friend's driveway was when I left it in the grocery store parking lot for 10 minutes yesterday. And it got hit. Narfed the front bumper.

Seriously.

Sucks, Jon.
Posted on: 2011/8/22 15:28

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12372 Posts

Jon, when it rains it pours.....Sucks
Posted on: 2011/8/22 15:51

Resized Image

Matatk Re: Monday Chat - 8.22.2011
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Finally home safe and sound. Got home later than we wanted last night, but oh well. Stopped off for dinner and that was a nightmare. Kids were hungry and food took forever. When it finally got to the table....it wasn't what I ordered. Huh? Brought it back and then they made the sandwich I ordered. Brought it out again and it wasn't right..didn't have the sauce, etc, that it was supposed to based on the menu. WTF. I was so frustrated at that point I wasn't even hungry anymore and I asked for the manager. Manager was very friendly, I explained I just wanted it off the bill that I wasn't eating it, it was wrong twice. He accommodated us well and took a little extra off the bill. Then wifey was made at me because she said I was grumpy....like it was my fault. Ugh. I can't win. But the whole dinner ordeal cut into our road time by a little over an hour.

Today I'll be busy cleaning the house. The truck is trashed from the trip, I have to wash and clean that. My cousin is coming over now to do some pads on his Honda and then we might go for a short bike ride. Then more cleaning and pick up the rugrat from daycare. She wants to make banana bread, then maybe a workout. I've already been cleaning since about 9:15 and barely made a dent. Geeze. Better get back to it.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew

PS - Good luck, Don!
Posted on: 2011/8/22 16:11

JrRifleCoach Re: Monday Chat - 8.22.2011
Elite Guru
1524 Posts

Just viewing the vid of a fight/brawl at he SF-Raider game.

Cmon! If these baldheaded fat boys don't have anything better to do than pound on each other in public.......

One more reason the ghey bay needs to fall off into the ocean.

Resized Image
Posted on: 2011/8/22 18:18

biggrizzly Re: Monday Chat - 8.22.2011
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

What a day! I have no clue how I did on that interview exercise. It was not easy and was a major brain-drain. Then after the hour was up, they came and got me to present my work. I BSd my way through my findings ok I guess, but as I know you just can't bullshit a bullshitter!!! LOL

After I presented we talked for about a half hour and then I left. They said they would be back in touch with either a see you for the next level or a sayonara buddy!

Its time for a good cold beer and some chill time!
Posted on: 2011/8/22 22:45

istter1 Re: Monday Chat - 8.22.2011
Elite Guru
Bakersfield Ca
2336 Posts

Quote:

biggrizzly wrote:
What a day! I have no clue how I did on that interview exercise. It was not easy and was a major brain-drain. Then after the hour was up, they came and got me to present my work. I BSd my way through my findings ok I guess, but as I know you just can't bullshit a bullshitter!!! LOL

After I presented we talked for about a half hour and then I left. They said they would be back in touch with either a see you for the next level or a sayonara buddy!

Its time for a good cold beer and some chill time!

Positive thought.
An a cold beer

Steve
Posted on: 2011/8/23 0:29

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12372 Posts

evening guys....We started the men's night golf tourney. Play nine tonight and they flight us according to our scores, then next week we play for the money. As usual, I played way better than I normally do and will get in at least one flight higher than I should be. I played real well tonight, 3 over par. The last time I came anywhere near that was last year in the flighting round of the same tourney. I figure I just donated my $40 tonight.

Good thoughts are with you Don.
Posted on: 2011/8/23 2:27

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.