Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
290 user(s) are online (193 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  A4
Generic reference to an automatic equipped C4. All are 4-speed overdrive units....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Ultraman Woden's Day Chat 3-7-12
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14746 Posts

Good morning Gurus, it's good to be alive. Weather is nice now but changing back to winter later today.

Took a box of stuff over to the grieving family last night and sat and talked with them awhile. They are functioning well but still in shock. Our friend had some health issues but I guess we did not know how bad they were. We took over a box of paper goods, towels, plates, garbage bags, toilet paper etc. Stuff they will need over the next week. Food will start to show up today.

TB here is a quick story about your country. I was talking to a guy at church Sunday and he likes the C5 and asked if I had had any tickets in it. I told him no but that new pickup I had was always getting me in trouble. (2 warnings and a ticket so far) He said he only had one ticket and that was in a little town called Cimmaron Kansas, out by Dodge City.

They must have a wind farm out there because he was taking some parts to it and was lost and wondering where to go when he got stopped by a local yokel and given a ticket going thru town. Seems he was doing 26 in a 15 mph zone. Got a ticket for 500 dollars. Welcome to the Land Of Oz.
First ticket the guy had ever had. He did some things and got it knocked down to 300 bucks but thats a lot of cash. It still pisses him off. He said the town had a lot of new stuff........lol

Whats the worst speeding ticket you guys ever got?

Got to help get some food ready, enjoy the day Guru's
Posted on: 2012/3/7 12:10

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Matatk Re: Woden's Day Chat 3-7-12
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Well if you saw last night's late post, baby is still sick. His fever was 105.3 at the doctor's office around 5 pm. I was at gymnastics with #1 when my wife got home with him. She says she gave him some medicine and put him to bed. Seemed like he was doing better. That was until 2:30 am when his fever spiked again and he barfed. We just feel horrible for him because there is nothing we can do. Makes you sad.

Marcus - I used to get tickets as a teenager, but not lately. Although I do have a bit of a lead foot, not uncommon in Chicago. Move over or get run over is the motto here.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2012/3/7 12:40

Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

In honor of "Dottie Ham-Bone" finding a new home:

Posted on: 2012/3/7 12:42

RickAnthony Re: Woden's Day Chat 3-7-12
ASE Master Certified
Downers Grove, IL
703 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:
Good Morning CGs!

Well if you saw last night's late post, baby is still sick. His fever was 105.3 at the doctor's office around 5 pm. I was at gymnastics with #1 when my wife got home with him. She says she gave him some medicine and put him to bed. Seemed like he was doing better. That was until 2:30 am when his fever spiked again and he barfed. We just feel horrible for him because there is nothing we can do. Makes you sad.

Marcus - I used to get tickets as a teenager, but not lately. Although I do have a bit of a lead foot, not uncommon in Chicago. Move over or get run over is the motto here.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew

Oh man, hope the little guy is feeling better soon! Everyone's been sick lately, Theresa is staying home today because she's sick, I'm still fighting off what I had, and most everyone at the shop has a cold of some type...

Anyway gotta go get ready to start the day it's going to be busy!

-=Rick
Posted on: 2012/3/7 13:22
RickAnthonyMotorsports.NET

TommyT-Bone Re: Woden's Day Chat 3-7-12
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

I haven't been stopped in years. Haven't had a ticket in over 30 years. 5 to 10 over is all I do with occasional test and tune outbursts. My wife on the other hand has had a few tickets. Guess she practices for the autocross runs while she's driving around South Florida. She says I drive like a grampaw. Well, I do. I'm not in a hurry for nuthin. A typical comment from her to me is; Come on! Drive! I want to get there. That's the difference. She wants to get there and I'll get there when I get there.
Posted on: 2012/3/7 13:24

pianoguy Re: Woden's Day Chat 3-7-12
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Good morning! Very nice gesture for your friend's family, Marcus. Last night I did some work in the garage to get ready for installing the new door opener, now I hope it gets here soon. This morning I went to hit the button only to realize it wasn't there anymore :-P

Haven't had a ticket for a while, but I was considering a number of homicides this morning. Good lawd, there are an overabundance of morons out there.

Heard about this on the radio this morning:

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/320603

Have a good day, everyone!
Posted on: 2012/3/7 13:25

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:
"Dottie Ham-Bone"

I have a friend I call Ham Bone. He's thin as a rail.
I like the full name though Matt. Just might have to use it.
Posted on: 2012/3/7 13:28

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

Americans have been doing this for years on a case by case basis asking mass muderers why the did it or tracing back through a crime using forensics pointing to the killer. Really macabre stuff. I watch some of them. They give me a few ideas. [jk]

{Diaclaimer}
Not to be used as evidence in any future trials. It's a joke. Sick, but a joke none the less.
Posted on: 2012/3/7 13:37

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

I wonder what surprises today holds in store for me. Guess I'm gonna find out. I woke up.
Posted on: 2012/3/7 13:39

j3studio Re: Woden's Day Chat 3-7-12
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4247 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:

Hoping he gets better soon.
Posted on: 2012/3/7 14:37

teebee Re: Woden's Day Chat 3-7-12
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12368 Posts

Good morning guys....Speaking of sick, I'm still fighting this cold, just about when I think I'm over the hump, it hits me again. The wife stayed home today, trying to get over her cold. I hope the little one gets better soon, Matt.

Cimarron, Kansas, know the place well. About 50 miles from here. Yes, there is a wind farm south there about 15 miles, which is the one I assume he was trying to find. Got to be real careful going through these little towns in central and western Kansas, it's a big source of income for them. 26 in a 15? I'm guessing it was a school crossing, they don't play around through those.

My stupidest speeding ticket was going through another little town in Kansas (east central). Wife had gotten off work at 11pm (working night shift at hospital), when she got home we left for a weekend of camping with my family. Driving through town about 1:30am, not a soul on the street, I see this police car sitting under the canopy of an old gas station. As I go by he pulls out and turns his lights on. There's no place to pull over right there and so I go around a corner where the highway heads north, before I can get stopped there are two other police cars surrounding me, lights flashing. I think, WTF?. The officer gets out and tells me I'm doing 28 in a 20, asks me for the registration and my license, and "invites" me back to his car. While we are sitting there, the radio comes back stating that Butler county XXX is registered to Blah blah blah. This guy looks at me really funny, then I realize that the number is mine but it wasn't Butler county, but Barton county. He's reaching for his gun......"whoooaaaa, BT is Barton County not Butler." Finally they come back with the correct information and he calls the other two cars off. He gives me the ticket and it's for $150. You have to be kidding me? On the next Monday, I called the county attorney, who tells me I can come back and fight it. Not worth the day off work and the four hours hours of driving. He knocks it down to $75 after I tell him the story. He says the officer is a little "high strung". This happened in my pick-up with a small camper on it.

Come to think about it, 3 of the 4 tickets I've received were in that pickup.....good thing I got rid of that one.

I had had my white 94 Corvette for nearly five years and never even got a look from a cop. On May 1, 2009 I traded the 94 for the Mag Red 01. Drove 500 miles home in it. The next day the in-laws invites us up to a birthday party for a cousin. I tell the wife "let's take the vette". I'm minding my own business driving within 5 of the limit. I come out of a little town and here's this gal with like 4 or 5 kids jumping around in the car, a mid 80's Pontiac or Chevy, and sits right on my arse, like 20 feet away. She sit there for about 15 miles. pretty soon we meet a KHP who immediately crams on his brakes and whips around. The lady behind me backs off big time. The patrolman comes around and the gal pulls over when she does he pulls back out and comes to stop me. He asks for registration and license, I tell him, "I just bought the car yesterday." He tells me he was really going to pull over the lady behind me, but he didn't see the temp license in the window and thought that she was running cover for me. "So are you and the lady traveling together?" "No" I tell him. Then I tell him about what she had done. "Really? Maybe I'll go check her out." "Well she never came around after you stopped me, she turned around and headed the other way." As he headed back to his car he said "By the way, you have a really nice car. Have a nice day." Then he wheeled around and headed off to find my 'friend'. Less than 24 hours of owning a red Corvette, I get stopped. Red definitely draws more attention.....
Posted on: 2012/3/7 14:43

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:
Speaking of sick, I'm still fighting this cold, just about when I think I'm over the hump, it hits me again

I'm feeling a little crappy today myself. If I were a betting man I'd lay odds on my allergies. Wait a minute. I am a betting man. Gimme $20 on allergies for the win.
Fortunately for you and I it's hump day. Sooner or later we're gonna be over the hump. Brad! Celebrate hump day in the traditional fashion, after offering your spouse some DayQuil, of course.
Posted on: 2012/3/7 15:13

BillH Re: Woden's Day Chat 3-7-12
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

I got black flagged doing 165 mph once.

Had oil spewing out the back of the car on to the rear tires.

Good thing they made me slow down I guess.
Posted on: 2012/3/7 15:16

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Wait a minute. I am a betting man. Gimme $20 on allergies for the win.

I'm drivin' the c4 to California to cash in $4 in Lottery winnings today.
Posted on: 2012/3/7 15:18

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

BillH wrote:
Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

You're a winner alright.
Posted on: 2012/3/7 16:00

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

You're a winner alright.

Better a winner than a whiner.
Posted on: 2012/3/7 16:42

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Just listened to Peyton Manning speaking about his release - what a class act.
Posted on: 2012/3/7 17:10

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

pianoguy wrote:
Just listened to Peyton Manning speaking about his release - what a class act.

The Dolphins had an interest in Manning. I think they're nuts. They've already let several talented back ups go and keep picking up seasoned damaged QBs. I hope they go for a talented draft choice, develop them over a few years and quit going the way they've been going. As far as Peyton goes. I wish well.
Posted on: 2012/3/7 17:21

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

BillH wrote:
Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

You're a winner alright.

Better a winner than a whiner.

And now you know the rest of the story

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/power-pla ... ws/other-1-124507291.html
Posted on: 2012/3/7 17:26

Ultraman Re: Woden's Day Chat 3-7-12
Huskerland
14746 Posts

Peyton is the best.......He is the only QB you could bring to Denver and not have the fans revolt or even TBow be upset and think of the teaching......

I have a bunch of speeding storys. The one I still get a chuckle out of is when I had my 65 Roadster. I was working at a filling station and had the late shift which ment when I wasn't on the drive I was working on the Vette.

I had just tuned it up and it was a warm summer night back in 69, when I decided to hit the highway and open it up. I lived in Omaha back then so headed out on west Center street which back then was a 2 lane road. I punched it and ran it up through the gears and just let it run on up in 4th. Top is down and I am going fast.

Pop up over a small hill and charge on down to the bottom as I see a State Patrol car pull up to the road crossing headed south while I was headed west. I was doing around 120. I saw him he saw me and I just kept the hammer down. Up over the next hill and gone and kept going for about 3 miles while pulling back to about 90.

Found a gravel road with some trees around it and pulled in and shut off the lights and popped the hood to make sure I had not blown a hose or something.......then I heard the gravel popping behind me and there he was but he did not have his lights on.

He shined his big mag lite at me and check in the car to see if I was alone and also for booze I'm sure. But I was clean and sober so did not have that to worry about. "How's it running" he asks. Uh.....ok says I. "Yeah it is he said, you were down that hill and up the other one before I could even get the radar on you". He gave me a warning for excessive speed and told me to have a nice evening. I had that warning ticket for a long time.
Posted on: 2012/3/7 17:55

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Phew, close call, Marcus!!

Here, this will keep you out of trouble ;-)

http://dsc.discovery.com/tv/frozen-planet/penguin-cam/
Posted on: 2012/3/7 18:25

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Ya Marcus. The good old days.

Hey! Are you underaged kids drinking?

Yes sir.

I think your fathers need to know about this.

Couldn't you just give us a warning or something?

I'll let your dad do that.

Later:
Posted on: 2012/3/7 18:30

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Posted on: 2012/3/7 18:32

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

pianoguy wrote:

Here, this will keep you out of trouble ;-)

http://dsc.discovery.com/tv/frozen-planet/penguin-cam/

I'd better not let my wife see that or she'll want a f@(%ing penguin. In Florida no less.

Posted on: 2012/3/7 18:35

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

WARNING:

If you should see these cookies in the supermarket do not buy them. Their taste is deliciously addictive and if you open a pack you'll have great difficulty putting them down.
So, if you enjoy eating one or two cookies instead of half a package select something else. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Attach file:

jpg  biscoff.jpg (110.86 KB)
852_4f57ae84c5c6f.jpg 454X358 px
Posted on: 2012/3/7 18:53

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

Good points made for both young and old.

http://www.aarp.org/relationships/gri ... grets-of-the-dying.1.html

Amen.

BTW, they had those cookies on our flight home Sunday. Much better than stale pretzels.

Also, I think you should have Dottie-Cam ;-)
Posted on: 2012/3/7 19:00

Ultraman Re: Woden's Day Chat 3-7-12
Huskerland
14746 Posts

WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN THERE???????

Watching the Dottie Cam honey.........

OHHHH OK........I LOVE THAT PIG....

yes dear.......
Posted on: 2012/3/7 20:50

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Posted on: 2012/3/7 22:00

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Posted on: 2012/3/7 23:36

captmike13 Re: Woden's Day Chat 3-7-12
Elite Guru
Hillsboro Mo
2165 Posts

Well sounds like everyone had a busy day. Hope the little one gets better Matt.

I had a pretty good day at work. Things went downhill on the way home though. The alternator in the vette died. So now the search begins to find the replacement.

Posted on: 2012/3/7 23:42

captmike13@yahoo.com

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

BillH wrote:
Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

I accomplished everything I set out to do today.
Posted on: 2012/3/7 23:42

Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

Another winner

People of Michigan

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/ ... -winning-1-201751693.html

I saw that...ridiculous. I like the part of the article that said 25% of residents get some sort of aid! Wow!
Posted on: 2012/3/8 0:35

Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Mike - got any local places that can rebuild it? I find that quality is usually better than the autozone remans.

Or it might be a good time to upgrade to a CS144.

Matthew
Posted on: 2012/3/8 0:36

Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Quote:

BillH wrote:
Quote:

BillH wrote:
Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

Spent $8 in gas to cash in your $4 ticket
Posted on: 2012/3/8 0:37

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:
Quote:

BillH wrote:
Quote:

BillH wrote:
Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

Spent $8 in gas to cash in your $4 ticket

Spent $8 in gas to cruise in the C4 - check
Cross the California state line - shudder
Cash in $4 in lottery tickets - check
Have a nice relaxing lunch - check
Stop at the casino - check
Make up the $8 gas money at the casino - check

Man, I'm wipped.
Nice day though.
Posted on: 2012/3/8 0:43

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

What's Dottie been up to?

Let's see .....

Attach file:

jpg  IMG_0127.JPG (845.75 KB)
852_4f580189e4f85.jpg 1600X1200 px

jpg  IMG_0135.JPG (725.92 KB)
852_4f5801b1736a4.jpg 1600X1200 px
Posted on: 2012/3/8 0:47

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

And we've all heard the expression, "The cats' in the bag.".

Attach file:

jpg  IMG_0100.JPG (460.99 KB)
852_4f58023f5c408.jpg 1600X1200 px

jpg  IMG_0101.JPG (461.87 KB)
852_4f58026c61914.jpg 1600X1200 px
Posted on: 2012/3/8 0:51

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

And that's why I don't know the meaning of the word bored.
Always something to do.
Posted on: 2012/3/8 0:52

Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

So now you have to post a picture of the "a pig in a blanket"
Posted on: 2012/3/8 1:21

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:
Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

So now you have to post a picture of the "a pig in a blanket"

Easy peasy. They love to sleep all bundled up.
Posted on: 2012/3/8 3:34

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.