Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
193 user(s) are online (141 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  D44
This references the rear differential.

The D36 was the smaller unit. Used on all 1984 Corvettes, and all automatic Corvettes after that.

The ...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

captmike13 Day after long weekend chat. 05-28-2013
Elite Guru
Hillsboro Mo
2166 Posts

Good morning gang.

Hope everyone had a nice long weekend with no mishaps.

We were nice most of the weekend but we had almost 2" of rain yesterday and it was cold.

Should warm up here in N.E. Indiana this week starting today. Temps in the 70's with some rain showers on and off.

Word of the Day Tuesday, May 28, 2013

isolato\ ahy-suh-LEY-toh \, noun;

1. a person who is spiritually isolated from or out of sympathy with his or her times or society.

Origin:

Isolato was popularized by Herman Melville's novel Moby Dick . The word comes through Italian from the Latin word insulātus meaning "made into an island."
Posted on: 2013/5/28 10:59

captmike13@yahoo.com
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

j3studio Re: Day after long weekend chat. 05-28-2013
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4247 Posts

Good morning, all!

Posted on: 2013/5/28 11:31

pianoguy Re: Day after long weekend chat. 05-28-2013
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Kilar tandi!

After a cool, crappy weekend, we have a warmer, wet, crappy week ahead. They dialed back today's forecast from monsoon to occasional drizzle, so I may get to play golf tonight. Or something resembling golf. The way it looks outside right now, I'd rather spend some quality time with my nap chair.

Stay dry, Gurus!
Posted on: 2013/5/28 12:21

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

teebee Re: Day after long weekend chat. 05-28-2013
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12374 Posts

Morning guys...made it home last night from KC, emptied out all the tools got them put away and started working. I have a few things that HAVE to get done before our trip in three weeks.

I have a morning at school finishing up VocEd paperwork this morning, then I'm done with school stuff until August. Hot and windy is the forecast here 20% chance for some moisture today, so staying dry won't be an issue for us, Brad.
Posted on: 2013/5/28 12:38

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

BillH Re: Day after long weekend chat. 05-28-2013
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

HEY....Didn't you see the Pigeon Crossing sign?????

Posted on: 2013/5/28 13:55

j3studio Re: Day after long weekend chat. 05-28-2013
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4247 Posts

Quote:

captmike13 wrote:

We were nice most of the weekend but we had almost 2" of rain yesterday and it was cold.

We saw 37 degrees in the Pennsylvania mountains mid-morning on Friday. A quote from Ivelis: "I thought it was Memorial Day weekend!"

Posted on: 2013/5/28 14:26

Matatk Re: Day after long weekend chat. 05-28-2013
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22807 Posts

Good Afternoon CGs!

Wifey decided she wanted to change the paint scheme in the bedroom by putting an accent wall behind the bed. So this morning I started getting everything prepped and moved out of the way. Of course the current paint is two coats of primer and three coats of bright red so I have to put a coat of kilz on first. So the primer is done and I am waiting for it to dry. In the meantime I will take a little lunch break.

Trans guy is supposed to pick up the transmission today from my buddy's shop for the rebuild. He was working on another one over the weekend, so I figure I should have it back in a week or so.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2013/5/28 17:41

Ultraman Re: Day after long weekend chat. 05-28-2013
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14761 Posts

Hi....painted the laundry room yesterday now I'm sore all over....room looks good though...gotta go now much work....

Have a good one everybody...
Posted on: 2013/5/28 18:54

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

vetteblondie Re: Day after long weekend chat. 05-28-2013
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4662 Posts

I'm still sore from all the mess I did over the weekend also. Went fishing last yesterday, caught a very tiny baby flathead Catfish. Work today was my Monday - and very typical. Started off with a pissed off cussing customer (installer's fault, not mine thank goodness), then owner came in on a tear for no apparent reason being an ass to everyone. I finally asked him what anger issues does he have that he is taking out on everyone? I'm tired of it. Said he doesn't have any. Pffttt. whatever... Personally I think his wife is on his butt for that new $25,000 printer he bought...
Oh well, skipping the gym also, feel horrible, still have the head noises and dizzies from getting off this Cymbalta. I did the step down dose and all like he said but geez. This is crazy these 'withdrawals' they call them. One other very reason I don't like to be on meds I will be dependent on.
Posted on: 2013/5/28 20:36

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Andrew Re: Day after long weekend chat. 05-28-2013
2013 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Jefferson City, MO
447 Posts

Quote:

vetteblondie wrote:
I'm still sore from all the mess I did over the weekend also. Went fishing last yesterday, caught a very tiny baby flathead Catfish. Work today was my Monday - and very typical. Started off with a pissed off cussing customer (installer's fault, not mine thank goodness), then owner came in on a tear for no apparent reason being an ass to everyone. I finally asked him what anger issues does he have that he is taking out on everyone? I'm tired of it. Said he doesn't have any. Pffttt. whatever... Personally I think his wife is on his butt for that new $25,000 printer he bought...
Oh well, skipping the gym also, feel horrible, still have the head noises and dizzies from getting off this Cymbalta. I did the step down dose and all like he said but geez. This is crazy these 'withdrawals' they call them. One other very reason I don't like to be on meds I will be dependent on.

Feel good and energized after the Talladega event. Hey vetteblondie, my wife and I stayed in Jonesboro Thursday and Saturday evening. Seems your town is the half way point...
Posted on: 2013/5/28 20:50

Sold - 1996 Competition Yellow LT4 - DRM 383, NX N2O, Line Lock, LT Headers, 3" stainless exhaust, Power Effects, and many more mods

SOLD 1996 Competition Yellow LT4
SOLD 1979 4 Speed with 383

TommyT-Bone Re: Day after long weekend chat. 05-28-2013
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33775 Posts

hello

long day

basketball game tonight

dinner time

later
Posted on: 2013/5/28 21:47

Ultraman Re: Day after long weekend chat. 05-28-2013
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14761 Posts

I'm in the house and I'm tired and will no doubt nod off in the big chair....looks like the same tomorrow.....Goodnight everybody......
Posted on: 2013/5/29 1:36

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

pianoguy Re: Day after long weekend chat. 05-28-2013
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Amazingly we finished golf dry (well, except for having to tramp through wet grass to hunt for one of the guys' errant balls). Thinking back on it, I kinda wish I'd been able to bond with my nap chair instead.
Posted on: 2013/5/29 1:50

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

vetteblondie Re: Day after long weekend chat. 05-28-2013
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4662 Posts

Quote:

Andrew wrote:
Quote:

vetteblondie wrote:

Feel good and energized after the Talladega event. Hey vetteblondie, my wife and I stayed in Jonesboro Thursday and Saturday evening. Seems your town is the half way point...

Shouldda hollered
Y'all couldda went fishin with me lol
Posted on: 2013/5/29 15:21

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.