Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
249 user(s) are online (152 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  L98
The GM designation for the 5.7 liter, (350 cubic inch), TPI motor. This motor was used in other GM vehicles, but was used in the Corvette from 1985 t...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Saturday Chat 09.14.13
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Temps here have dropped quite a bit in the past two days. from the 90s to the 60s during the day. I think it is supposed to be in the 40s overnight. Yesterday I dumped a bunch of bleach in the pool and ran the filter. I planned on draining part of it, but didn't get a chance. There was a school PTO skate party for the kids as a fundraiser, so I took RR#1 to that. She's never been skating before but had a great time. Tonight I have a retirement party for a friend at work, so no time to do the pool after work, either. Maybe Sunday night.

On a positive note I've been driving the Vette the past couple of days with the cooler weather. Love it.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2013/9/14 11:57

teebee Re: Saturday Chat 09.14.13
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12373 Posts

Morning guys...lots on the agenda today. Cool and damp again. Maybe fall is on it's way.
Posted on: 2013/9/14 12:36

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Ultraman Re: Saturday Chat 09.14.13
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14755 Posts

Glad you are getting to put a few miles on the car Matt. Hard to believe its time to start getting ready for the colder weather......cooler here today also and yesterday was like it should be everyday...very nice out.

Got Husker game at 11 am so I am up and getting ready for that and then some family things going on this weekend. I plan on taking the GS...but I get nervous with all the traffic and the parking lots...we'll see...

Have a great weekend Guru's and go Huskers....I don't know about this game, UCLA is pretty good...but we will do the best we can with what we got to work with I guess....
Posted on: 2013/9/14 12:37

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

94BlueToy Re: Saturday Chat 09.14.13
Senior Guru
Beach, ND
192 Posts

Morning,

Looks like most of you are in rest mode this morning. The temp has dropped here also. A couple of nights ago it was 46 degrees in early morning. Today and tomorrow we are suppose to get some rain. Probably will be scattered. Next week in the 70s.

Most of the wheat and other small grains are harvested. We have a lot of small farmers around here, but in the county there are maybe a dozen with 10000 plus acres. There is also a fair amount of corn and sunflowers waiting to be cut. We also have a lot of beef ranchers in this area.

Have a great weekend.
Posted on: 2013/9/14 12:38

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12373 Posts

Quote:

94BlueToy wrote:
Morning,

Looks like most of you are in rest mode this morning. The temp has dropped here also. A couple of nights ago it was 46 degrees in early morning. Today and tomorrow we are suppose to get some rain. Probably will be scattered. Next week in the 70s.

Most of the wheat and other small grains are harvested. We have a lot of small farmers around here, but in the county there are maybe a dozen with 10000 plus acres. There is also a fair amount of corn and sunflowers waiting to be cut. We also have a lot of beef ranchers in this area.

Have a great weekend.

Sounds a bit like our area. But we have a lot of cattle feed yards.
Posted on: 2013/9/14 12:52

Resized Image

Jake_The_Cat Re: Saturday Chat 09.14.13
Guru
Morgan Hill, CA
85 Posts

Going to the British car show here in Morgan Hill today.
From past photos looks like a good way to spend an hour or so
Posted on: 2013/9/14 13:27

j3studio Re: Saturday Chat 09.14.13
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4247 Posts

Good morning, all! It's a beautiful day in the Philadelphia area.

I'll be spending most of today prepping Lauren for a local multi-marque show tomorrow. Show tires and wheels on, detail the engine bay, clean the interior, touch up the exterior, ...

Posted on: 2013/9/14 13:39

Scott7 Re: Saturday Chat 09.14.13
Senior Guru
Aurora, CO
169 Posts

Morning everyone. Well at least today is starting out dry. I think we've had enough rain to last us a few days at least. Talked to my mom up north by Ft. Collins and she couldn't leave her house because of flooding. It is a real mess here on the front range.

Be spending the next few days canning tomatoes, pickles etc. Hot wet work - nice that the temps are down. Kids coming over to help so we should have fun. I'm thinking it'll take a few days to get everything done but then we good for another year. Hope everyone has a good weekend.
Posted on: 2013/9/14 14:02

TommyT-Bone Re: Saturday Chat 09.14.13
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33766 Posts

Good morning. Sue took a ride up to Lake Placid in her truck, about 3 hours away. She can't drive a stick yet because of the surgery on her left foot. We have a friend that has a son who is visually impaired. A real nice kid. Benefactors have set up a bowling event where the kids make money for college by bowling. The boy can't see the pins but he can make out the arrows at the top of the lanes. I guess they give the kids money for college by the number of pins they knock down. So far he's banked about $200. She has driven up to surprise him and watch him bowl. That's Sue. She'll probably take them out to lunch and give the boy a little pocket money. That's the way she is. She's tough as nails with a big heart. That's the woman I married. She's kind of like a coach that tells you stuff you don't want to hear but she is usually right. Hell of a woman. I didn't go because I have things I want to get done. She told me I'll have stuff to do the rest of my life. She's right but if I don't do it it won't get done. Right guys?
On a side note. I walked out on the back patio this morning and looked over the freshly mowed grass on a sunny morning and thought how happy I am to be in this home. I loved my other home but the neighborhod was deteriorating and it's way more crowded there than out here. You would not believe how much joy this new (2 years) home makes us. It's a lot of work here but the dividends are enormous.
And on the health front. My sister is not doing well. They are inserting a feeding tube today. Her husband is in terrible denial and thinks she's going to improve. Her body in reality is pretty much shutting down. The family has known this would come all along. She's been going through a long and painful experience with her diabetes. It was her 42 y/o daughter, my neice, that died earlier this year from complications brought on by diabetes. Sue's mom is 77 and is insulin dependent. She's been taking injections for many years now. Sue's brother also died in his late 40's fron diabetes. Sue and I are both OK and have no issues with that disease at this point. Take care of yourselves gurus. Watch what you eat and get your anuual check ups. Maybe we'll all be lucky enough to hang around for another couple of decades or more.
Posted on: 2013/9/14 14:07

vetteblondie Re: Saturday Chat 09.14.13
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4657 Posts

Very sorry to hear about your sister, Tommy... prayers for them.
Cool here too, high is only about 80. They never cut down the tree in my yard so my pool is still in the shade most of the time - pisses me off - it's still warm most of the time here enough to enjoy it if the sun was out. Guess I need to get my yard mowed and the house cleaned but with a pretty day outside it's kind of hard to stay inside.
Posted on: 2013/9/14 14:34

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

pianoguy Re: Saturday Chat 09.14.13
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Greetings! I put in good effort and slept until 10:02. Not world-class, but not too shabby. I was plenty tired after getting up extra early all week. It's cooling off here, too - it probably won't make it to 70 the next couple days, and there's some rain in the forecast. I'm playing golf tomorrow and Monday - we need some rain, but I hope we manage to avoid any until the clubs are back in the trunk. Not much on the agenda for today. If my new opti shows up, maybe I'll get started on that.

Mojo for your sister, Tommy. And that is a nice thing Sue is doing.

Enjoy your weekend, everybody!
Posted on: 2013/9/14 15:32

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33766 Posts

I'm having loads of fun figuring out how to transfer files and folders from my Windows xp 32 bit to my Windows 7 64 bit. It's coming right alog and I'm getting an education. The fun will come when I do the printer and software transfer and installs. The only way you learn is to do it. I have a neighbor that does this and will call him if (when) needed. I'll do what I can do and after all the wiring is hooked up I'll bounce it off him if stuff doesn't go as I thought it should. Mostly I want my printers and copiers plus all my photo's, documents, etc. I'm going to pick up a 1TB external hard drive for routine back up of my new computer. My old computer had a system retore. I don't believe the new one has the same option according to what I've read but I won't know till I get there. Fun, fun, fun. next up a virus scan/malware scan of my old computer. Try to keep anything from creeping into the new.
Posted on: 2013/9/14 16:50

Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4657 Posts

Managed to get the yard mowed, half a pine tree out of the pool, swept off deck and walkway beside the house, rearranged the deck and noticed my pretty nice plant out there is trying to die, gave it a trim and moved it. Got into my swimsuit and jumped in the lawn chair in the sun out back for a while. had a nice lunch now and it's shady back there so I'm bout to go out front. BUT there's the neighbors across the street having a small gathering for their two small grandkids one is three and the other soon to be 5 in a few days - I got them a slippy slide for the yard - there's this other stupid kid from down the street who keeps annoyingly HOVERING right in front of my house and theirs and won't go away. the kids are in the house, not even outside on the water toy.
Posted on: 2013/9/14 19:31

Resized Image

Elite Guru
4247 Posts

Quote:

j3studio wrote:

I'll be spending most of today prepping Lauren for a local multi-marque show tomorrow. Show tires and wheels on, detail the engine bay, clean the interior, touch up the exterior, ...

As ready as she'll be.

Attach file:

jpg  LaurenReadyForShow.jpg (272.17 KB)
718_5234bccdad7e3.jpg 1024X768 px
Posted on: 2013/9/14 19:41

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

I expect to see a pic with a trophy later ;-)
Posted on: 2013/9/14 20:14

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Meanwhile, the Gophers' march to the national championship continues, unblemished.
Posted on: 2013/9/14 20:16

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12373 Posts

Lauren's looking good. Tommy prayers for your sis and family. Brad you are the master. Letty, sounds like you have a nice neighborhood...except the creepy boy, maybe he just wants to play on the slide.

Tommy, Win7 has a Windows transfer program that will make it pretty easy to transfer all your stuff. "start>all programs>Accessories>System Tools> easy transfer wizard

You might have to download and install Easy transfer wizard on your XP machine. but it works really well.

It won't take the drivers and such, but just plug the printer in, Win7 should find and install it for you.
Posted on: 2013/9/14 20:18

Resized Image

Elite Guru
4247 Posts

Quote:

pianoguy wrote:

I expect to see a pic with a trophy later ;-)

We'll see - I've never done this show before, but it looks like in previous years they've had some very nice iron.

Posted on: 2013/9/14 23:46

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33766 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote: Lauren's looking good. Tommy prayers for your sis and family. Brad you are the master. Letty, sounds like you have a nice neighborhood...except the creepy boy, maybe he just wants to play on the slide. Tommy, Win7 has a Windows transfer program that will make it pretty easy to transfer all your stuff. "start>all programs>Accessories>System Tools> easy transfer wizard You might have to download and install Easy transfer wizard on your XP machine. but it works really well. It won't take the drivers and such, but just plug the printer in, Win7 should find and install it for you.

I bought a 1TB external hard drive and will use that function and the hard drive to move data between computers. I'm up and running with Norton 360 installed, windows updated, home page set. All that's left is the printer software and data transfer. I almost feel like I slept at a Holiday Inn Express last night. I'm getting there. This is sooooo much faster.
Posted on: 2013/9/15 0:41

Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4657 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:
Lauren's looking good. Tommy prayers for your sis and family. Brad you are the master. Letty, sounds like you have a nice neighborhood...except the creepy boy, maybe he just wants to play on the slide.

Tommy, Win7 has a Windows transfer program that will make it pretty easy to transfer all your stuff. "start>all programs>Accessories>System Tools> easy transfer wizard

You might have to download and install Easy transfer wizard on your XP machine. but it works really well.

It won't take the drivers and such, but just plug the printer in, Win7 should find and install it for you.

Yeah, I got a nice neighborhood allright... make every kinda racial bone you got stick out....
Seriously, my neighbor on my left is 86 and temporarily in the nursing home, Ms. Katherine, my next door Tony he's ok, lazy don't work, parents pay his way, he's older than me - one past him is a nice black man and his crippled wife, Henry and I don't know her name, good dood, across is Doris, she keeps look out after me and helps me with stuff here. She likes cigarettes and I like housework/yard help when I'm overwhelmed. And, sometimes we share meals back and forth. One side of her is a nice black couple, lost their baby few years ago, just had a new one o - other side Tim and Kim - they're nice but they feed the stray cats so there might be an issue later - that's our "group" we all been here for a while and look out after one another. The other end of the street starts with "uncle Jed" or whatever his name is - stupid redneck hollers at his little dogs all the time and it goes down hill from there till the end of the street on the open end. I'm down here on the dead end. Crazy lady lives on my end - Linda - she also feeds stray cats and is a reported hoarder and still uses a rotary dial phone, has no air, cable, etc.... weird woman. That's a whole nuther story...
Posted on: 2013/9/15 1:52

Resized Image

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12373 Posts

It takes all kinds.
Posted on: 2013/9/15 2:18

Resized Image

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33766 Posts

Printers damned near installed themselves. I had them hooked up when I booted up. I didn't even install the software and it recognized them and installed the hardware. All I had to do was choose my default printer and print. Too easy if you ask me. LOL. Things to do. Import my favorites list, photos and docs and install the camera software. Going good so far. Luckily I've found anything and everything I needed to make it work.
Posted on: 2013/9/15 2:40

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12373 Posts

Told you, Tommy.

Posted on: 2013/9/15 3:30

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.