Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
294 user(s) are online (262 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

captmike13 Monday 23 Mar 2015
Elite Guru
Hillsboro Mo
2165 Posts

Good morning gang.

Cool here to start the week. We're starting the day in the low 30's and we should have a high in the upper 30's with a chance of snow rain mix throughout the day.

On with the week.

Word of the day is nonevent.

Today is NATIONAL CHIP AND DIP DAY

National Chip And Dip Day, an annual favorite food holiday, is celebrated every March 23rd. It celebrates a perfect combination that is loved by many across the country. Chips and dip are a popular party dish as it is not only favored by most but also quick and easy to prepare.

Just a few days earlier on March 14th we celebrated National Potato Chip Day and now we add a partner, the dip. People have been dipping their food for centuries. There are hummus-like recipes dating back to the 13th century. These are some of the first “dip” recipes that were found.

Potato chips are not the only chips that you can celebrate with. There are tortilla chips, corn chips, pretzel chips and even popcorn chips to name a few. After you have chosen your chips, there are dozens of dips to partner them with. One of your favorite dip choices may be salsa, sour cream, taco, french onion, guacamole, cheese, bean, spinach, shrimp, crab, ranch or one from the list that goes on and on.

To celebrate National Chip and Dip Day, invite some family and friends over and have a chip and dip party tonight!

Enjoy one of the following “tried and true” recipes to include in your celebration:

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/BLT-Dip/Detail.aspx?evt19=1

https://www.tastefullysimple.com/recipes/hot-garlic-garlic-dip-2818

http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/v ... eeseburger-dip-74946.aspx

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Captains ... -Seafood-Crab-Dip&evt19=1

NATIONAL CHIP AND DIP DAY HISTORY

Our research was unable to find the origin and the creator of National Chip and Dip Day, an “unofficial” national holiday.

NATIONAL PUPPY DAY

Celebrated each year on March 23rd is National Puppy Day. National Puppy Day will be celebrated on the Friday or Monday closest to March 23rd if that day falls on a weekend. This day was created to celebrate the magic and unconditional love that puppies bring to our lives. National Puppy Day is also a day to bring awareness to the need for care and homes of orphaned puppies as well as to educate people about the horrors of puppy mills across the country.

For more information on National Puppy Day: http://www.nationalpuppyday.com/

NATIONAL PUPPY DAY HISTORY

National Puppy Day, an “unofficial” national holiday, was founded, in 2006, by Pet Lifestyle Expert, Animal Behaviorist and Author, Colleen Paige. Paige is also the founder of National Dog Day and National Cat Day.

NATIONAL MELBA TOAST DAY

March 23rd celebrates Melba Toast Day, a food holiday. Melba toast is a dry, crisp and thinly sliced toast. It is sometimes served with salad or soup or may be eaten plain or with a topping.

Melba toast was named after Dame Nellie Melba, the stage name of the Australian opera singer, Helen Porter Mitchell. It is believed that chef Auguste Escoffier created it for Ms. Melba, in 1897, when she became ill. The newly created Melba toast was eaten as a staple in her diet.

”Melba toast was at one time given to infants who were teething, as a hard food substance on which to chew.”

To celebrate National Melba Toast Day, have some and try something new, being creative with the toppings you choose to use.

NATIONAL MELBA TOAST DAY HISTORY

Within our research, we were unable to find the creator and origin of National Melba Toast Day, an “unofficial” national holiday.NATIONAL NEAR MISS DAY

A huge asteroid (4581 Asclepius) nearly hit the earth in 1989. This day is commemorated annually on March 23rd as people across the nation celebrate National Near Miss Day.

On March 22-23, 1989, a mountain sized asteroid came within 500,000 miles of colliding with the earth. ”On the cosmic scale of things, that was a close call,” said Dr. Henry Holt. Geophysicists estimate that collision with Asclepius would release energy comparable to the explosion of a 600 megaton atomic bomb.” On March 31, 1989, nine days after its closest approach to Earth, the asteroid was discovered.

A collision would have had catastrophic effects on our planet.

There have been other “near misses” that have happened on an infrequent basis.

NATIONAL NEAR MISS DAY HISTORY

Our research has found the reason this day originated, however, we were unable to find the creator of National Near Miss Day, an “unofficial” national holiday.
Posted on: 2015/3/23 10:18

captmike13@yahoo.com
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

pianoguy Re: Monday 23 Mar 2015
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Güenos días
Posted on: 2015/3/23 10:30

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Matatk Re: Monday 23 Mar 2015
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22804 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

There seems to be a mistake this morning. I woke up and there was a strange white substance on the ground. I could have sworn it was spring and 75* last week, so I don't see how that's possible? Ugh. I guess I won't be driving the car today with the fancy new brakes. Here's the post if you missed it:

http://www.corvetteforum.guru/modules ... p?topic_id=20554&forum=21

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2015/3/23 11:44

TommyT-Bone Re: Monday 23 Mar 2015
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Hello, gotta go ...........
Posted on: 2015/3/23 12:14

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Greetings! We got a nice blanket of fresh snow last night. The newly-retrofitted landscape lights glistened against the backdrop, the snow piling up on top of them like little Shriners' hats. Before we went to bed, the nice weatherman said we'd gotten about 7 inches of snow, and would probably get another inch overnight. That jives with the amount that was on my truck this morning. My new deluxe heavy-duty telescoping snow brush handled the task of cleaning the truck with aplomb. If I hadn't left my laptop at the office on Friday, I would've worked from home today, thus depriving myself of the opportunity to observe how Minnesotans (many of whom are "not from" Minnesota) handle adverse road conditions. The relaxed pace of the commute enabled me to take in the scenery, which was sometimes reminiscent of Currier & Ives.

Have a glorious day, Gurus!

Posted on: 2015/3/23 13:19

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

I have 5 holes for trees left to fill and I want to get it done today. These are fairly heavy pots and I'm doing them by myself since Sue has more than enough work for her and the boys. I'm just shy of busting a nut. More like tearing into them. Well the trees ain't gonna plant themselves. Mulching them after they're in the ground. Adious.
Posted on: 2015/3/23 14:30

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Posted on: 2015/3/23 14:34

GRIS Re: Monday 23 Mar 2015
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7657 Posts

THE SUN IS SHINING ON THE NATIONS THIS MORNING. THE CHEROKEES ARE PLEASED AND ME TOO.

DARLING WIFE DUE HOME TODAY FROM BIG-D; I'LL TRY TO GET THE BUMBLEBEE OUT OF THE BARN AND THRU THE MUD SO I CAN CRUSE OVER TO IHOP FOR BREAKFAST.
Posted on: 2015/3/23 14:36

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

Ultraman Re: Monday 23 Mar 2015
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14745 Posts

There is white stuff on the ground here also.....wait that's sand.....

Just got done with breakfast buffet.....had my usual fruit and bacon plates...mmmmm. Gotta go....go easy Gurus.....
Posted on: 2015/3/23 15:01

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Ultraman Re: Monday 23 Mar 2015
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14745 Posts

Good job on the brakes Matt.....they look good......maybe some lime green calipers now.......
Posted on: 2015/3/23 15:05

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

At 35 mil for a teardown I'm surprised that the middle class is disappearing from the area.
Posted on: 2015/3/23 17:01

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

The sun is a shining and the temp is a nice warm mid 80"s. The perspiration rolls off my brow, my t-shirt is soaked but I have 2 out of 5 trees in the ground. Needed to have a nice cold beverage but it's time once again to man the shovel. One way to get things done is to do them. No nap in my immediate future. Maybe next week at around this time. Wwoooooooooooooot.

Attach file:

jpg  carnival-breeze.jpg (29.30 KB)
852_5510491e5946b.jpg 433X199 px
Posted on: 2015/3/23 17:11

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Marcus, you can stack the bacon high on your plate while on a cruise and nobody will even look at you twice.
Posted on: 2015/3/23 17:13

teebee Re: Monday 23 Mar 2015
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12367 Posts

Hey guys....been a real busy day. Lots of work to do. Nice and warm here.
Posted on: 2015/3/23 19:34

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

The Golf Club President

An elderly couple was having dinner one evening when the Husband reached across the table, took his wife's hand in his and said, "Martha, soon we will be married 50 years, and there's something I have to know. In all of these 50 years have you ever been unfaithful to me?"

Martha replied, "Well Henry, I have to be honest with you. "Yes, I've been unfaithful to you three times during these 50 years, but always for a good reason."

Henry was obviously hurt by his wife's confession, but said, "I never suspected. "Can you tell me what you mean by 'good reasons?"

Martha replied, "The first time was shortly after we were married, and we were about to lose our little house because we couldn't pay the mortgage. Do you remember that one evening I went to see the banker and the next day he notified you that the loan would be extended?"

Henry recalled and said, "I can forgive you for that. You saved our home, but what about the second time?"

Martha asked, "And do you remember when you were so sick, but we didn't have the money to pay for the heart surgery you needed? Well, I went to see your doctor one night and, if you recall, he did the surgery at no charge."

"I recall that," said Henry. "And you did it to save my life, so of course I can forgive you for that. Now tell me about the third time."

"All right," Martha said. "So, do you remember when you ran for president of your golf club, and you needed 73 more votes?"
Posted on: 2015/3/23 20:22

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.